Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: MLB General Information PT 4

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: MLB General Information PT 4 Page: <<   < prev  408 409 [410] 411 412   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 11/2/2017 1:00:22 PM   
MDK

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

And now Gardenweasel added Steve Liddle to his coaching staff as his bench coach. He really is putting the band back together. I am a bit surprised to hear Anderson will be the bullpen coach instead of the pitching coach.

I had read that Bosio would be the pitching coach......has that been confirmed?

Really really expected Punto to be the bench coach.

What role will his little buddy have in the organization?

If Dougie baseball was fired from the Twins for not being sufficiently versed in Analytics.......where does Gardy fit in this decision by the Detroit organization........is TR their GM now?

MAGA needs to change to MAWA= Make America White Again

Tom Smothers RIP: Easter "is when Jesus comes out of his tomb and if he sees his shadow, he goes back in and we get six more weeks of winter."
Post #: 10226
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 11/2/2017 1:01:17 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

And now Gardenweasel added Steve Liddle to his coaching staff as his bench coach. He really is putting the band back together. I am a bit surprised to hear Anderson will be the bullpen coach instead of the pitching coach.

Not my problem as a Twins fan and am glad it's DET getting this; not sure how the youngsters are going to handle an intolerant manager and part of the staff that is lock-step in his beliefs over youthful exuberance and mistakes.

I would not be surprised if Miggy asks out or forces a trade.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 10227
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 11/2/2017 1:02:02 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

I had read that Bosio would be the pitching coach......has that been confirmed?

Yes, Bosio hired as DET pitching coach, Andy gets the cush gig in the bullpen.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 10228
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 11/2/2017 1:25:40 PM   
SoMnFan

Guess I put this in the wrong thread this morning.

Gardenhire, who managed the Twins for 13 seasons, will have three of his former Twins coaches on staff -- bench coach Steve Liddle, bullpen coach Rick Anderson and quality control coach Joe Vavra.

Liddle was Gardenhire's bench coach from 2002-10, and his third base coach for the following two seasons.

Anderson was the Twins pitching coach under Gardenhire for all of Gardenhire's seasons in Minnesota, from 2002-14. Chris Bosio will be the Tigers pitching coach.

Vavra was Gardenhire's hitting coach from 2006-12 and third base coach in 2013 and 2014. He was retained when Paul Molitor took over as manager in 2015, and was Molitor's bench coach until last week.

The Twins have not named a new bench coach.
Post #: 10229
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 11/2/2017 1:27:03 PM   
Mr. Ed

Justin Upton signs 5 year deal to stay with LAA

Will continue to help that lineup. Sadly.

Good news is he's not in the division to kill MN any more.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 10230
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 11/4/2017 4:54:36 PM   
SoMnFan

Jays decline Jose Bautistas 2018 option
Pretty decent RH DH option.
Post #: 10231
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 11/4/2017 5:02:05 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

"Don't need him. We have Sano at DH, pesky at 3rd now. Don't need a stinking bench".

I'll take McCutcheon or Joey Bats as a 4th OF over McSlappy and Grossman ANY day of the week.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 10232
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 11/4/2017 5:04:40 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

quote:

"Don't need him. We have Sano at DH, pesky at 3rd now. Don't need a stinking bench".

I'll take McCutcheon or Joey Bats as a 4th OF over McSlappy and Grossman ANY day of the week.

Real, contending teams would ......
Post #: 10233
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 11/4/2017 5:07:43 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

quote:

quote:

Real, contending teams would ......

I'll be curious to what they do w/Sano

And Escobar. Dude has earned his PT.

Some idiots still want to trade Polanco, simply because "depth behind him".

So
Dumb

Escape while you can!
Post #: 10234
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 11/4/2017 5:08:53 PM   
SoMnFan

No kidding
You'd have to pry Polanco out of my cold, dead hands, if I had a say ....
Post #: 10235
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 11/4/2017 5:11:34 PM   
Mr. Ed

Raul Ibanez was seen as a potentially strong contender to become the Yankees’ next manager, though Ibanez reportedly likes his current position with the Dodgers (special advisor to Andrew Friedman) and doesn’t want to leave.

Yankees GM Brian Cashman reportedly has 20-25 names on his list of managerial candidates.

20 to 25?!? Wow

Chilli Davis has done himself proud. Now the Cubs hitting coach. Some BOSOX Lifer is their new hitting coach.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 10236
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 11/4/2017 5:18:38 PM   
SoMnFan

Heard some crazy names in the Yankee mix
DeRosa?
That'd be whack. If you watch him on the baseball Network, you'd know what I mean ...
Post #: 10237
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 11/4/2017 5:34:47 PM   
Mr. Ed

Sports
Justin Verlander missed the Astros parade to marry Kate Upton and people are mad
Bi
The Houston Astros celebrated their World Series win with a parade Friday. It had all the usual things — cheering fans, victory speeches, proclamations from politicians and more smiles than you count. There was only one thing missing: Justin Verlander.

The Astros’ ace pitcher, as you might have heard, is reportedly getting married this weekend in Italy to his supermodel fiancée Kate Upton. That and a World Series win in the same week, huh? It doesn’t suck to be Justin Verlander.

One problem: Some people on Twitter seem shocked, outraged and/or surprised by Verlander’s decision.

This is where giving anonymous free reign to bs comment over stuff pisses me off

So he left and missed the parade?
BIG EFFING DEAL

Some people need to get over themselves.

And unfortunately, the media drools over this kind of negativity. Yuck

Escape while you can!
Post #: 10238
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 11/4/2017 5:37:23 PM   
SoMnFan

Yup
Not an Astros guy or even a Verlander guy ... and when I heard he was missing, .... so what?
People as you say. need to chill the hell out.
Post #: 10239
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 11/5/2017 3:02:36 AM   
Ricky J

d ' opps

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 11/5/2017 3:18:11 AM >
Post #: 10240
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 11/5/2017 3:12:03 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

Sports
Justin Verlander missed the Astros parade to marry Kate Upton and people are mad

The Houston Astros celebrated their World Series win with a parade Friday. It had all the usual things — cheering fans, victory speeches, proclamations from politicians and more smiles than you count. There was only one thing missing: Justin Verlander.

The Astros’ ace pitcher, as you might have heard, is reportedly getting married this weekend in Italy to his supermodel fiancée Kate Upton. That and a World Series win in the same week, huh? It doesn’t suck to be Justin Verlander.

One problem: Some people on Twitter seem shocked, outraged and/or surprised by Verlander’s decision.

This is where giving anonymous free reign to bs comment over stuff pisses me off

BIG EFFING DEAL

Funny!

Last week i was reading neg. Twitter comments regarding some of the Iowa coaches were involved in something football related and didnt wave to the children at the U Hospitals. Like Wow and i gave them the power to let me be angry if even for a little bit.

How in the F does everyone's opinion gain weight in today's societ

* This is where giving anonymous free reign to bs comment over stuff pisses me off  - - dilly dilly (or is that too closely related to the fb sec?)
Post #: 10241
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 11/5/2017 9:24:15 AM   
SoMnFan

Cueto declines opt-out, will stay in SF thru '21
Tanaka stays with Yanks for 3 more years
Ichiro's $2mil option declined by Marlins
Pirates exercise McCutcheons $14.75m option
Post #: 10242
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 11/5/2017 12:14:39 PM   
MDK

Attend the WS parade..........marry Kate Upton
Attend the WS parade..........marry Kate Upton
Tough decision

What red blooded American heterosexual male wouldn't choose the latter over the former?

MAGA needs to change to MAWA= Make America White Again

Tom Smothers RIP: Easter "is when Jesus comes out of his tomb and if he sees his shadow, he goes back in and we get six more weeks of winter."
Post #: 10243
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 11/6/2017 8:30:47 AM   
Mr. Ed

the Rays will extend a $17.4MM qualifying offer to right-hander Alex Cobb, Jon Heyman of FanRag tweets. Cobb ranks as the 11th-best free agent available on MLBTR’s Top 50 Free Agents list.

As Heyman notes, the 30-year-old Cobb has only made $9MM thus far in his career, but will now receive the opportunity to nearly triple that amount if he accepts the QO. Of course, there’s certainly a higher ceiling for him on the free agent market. The MLBTR team believes he could land a 4-year, $48MM contract if he tests free agency this winter.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 10244
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 11/6/2017 10:03:02 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

Sports
Bi

BIG EFFING DEAL

He was getting married. Seriously folks your fanship isn't more important than that. Get over it. He helped you win it all. He's a WS champ now and he's celebrating by marrying one of the most beautiful women in the world. Just because he didn't show up to your ****ing parade doesn't make him some pariah. He didn't miss a WS game and cost you the title. He was integral in you winning it all. Lay off the guy. Cripes!!!

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 10245
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 11/6/2017 10:28:38 AM   
TJSweens

Come on Scott, it's not like it would have taken any effort to cancel a long planned destination wedding in Italy.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 10246
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 11/6/2017 6:01:29 PM   
SoMnFan

Aaron Judge a finalist for both the AL MVP and the AL RoY
Post #: 10247
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 11/7/2017 12:19:41 PM   
Pete M.

Gardy lures Doug Mientkiewicz to Detroit to be the AAA manager in Toledo. Dougie Baseball said, "With Gardy leading the way this decision was a no-brainer for me." (No joke.)

Gardy and Mient -- two birds of a feather!

< Message edited by Pete M. -- 11/7/2017 12:20:44 PM >
Post #: 10248
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 11/7/2017 12:21:52 PM   
TJSweens

They kind of clashed pretty hard at the end of Doug's time here as a player, leading to his trade.

Not a doubt in my mind that Dougie Baseball will make Falvine regret the stupidity of firing him.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 10249
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 11/7/2017 12:39:09 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pete M.

Gardy lures Doug Mientkiewicz to Detroit to be the AAA manager in Toledo. Dougie Baseball said, "With Gardy leading the way this decision was a no-brainer for me." (No joke.)

Gardy and Mient -- two birds of a feather!

Or perhaps Dougie knows he'll soon be on a list to replace ol' red face.

Fastest route to the bigs for him

< Message edited by SoMnFan -- 11/7/2017 1:19:04 PM >
Post #: 10250
Page:   <<   < prev  408 409 [410] 411 412   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: MLB General Information PT 4 Page: <<   < prev  408 409 [410] 411 412   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode