Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: MLB General Information PT 4

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: MLB General Information PT 4 Page: <<   < prev  433 434 [435] 436 437   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/3/2018 9:15:38 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

Last 5 starts for Severino: 25 IP, 23 Earned Runs, 8 HR's.

Odorizzi-like

Escape while you can!
Post #: 10851
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/4/2018 8:06:55 AM   
twinsfan

Dozier entered the game last night as part of a double-switch. Trailing 2-1, Dozier came to the plate in the 8th inning, the tying run on base, and nobody out. Dozier flew out and did not advance the runner. The Dodgers went on to lose the game 2-1.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 10852
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/4/2018 3:30:55 PM   
CPAMAN

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

Dozier entered the game last night as part of a double-switch. Trailing 2-1, Dozier came to the plate in the 8th inning, the tying run on base, and nobody out. Dozier flew out and did not advance the runner. The Dodgers went on to lose the game 2-1.

So you are saying the Dodger fans are soured on Dozier already?

Lots of Christopher Columbus statues available on ebay.
Post #: 10853
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/4/2018 3:32:47 PM   
CPAMAN

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

quote:

Odorizzi-like

Odor a complete bust of a pitcher. Was he signed to a two-year guaranteed contract? I don't want to see him pitch one inning in 2019. He is absolutely terrible!

Post #: 10854
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/4/2018 3:40:57 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: CPAMAN

quote:

quote:

Odorizzi-like

Odor a complete bust of a pitcher. Was he signed to a two-year guaranteed contract? I don't want to see him pitch one inning in 2019. He is absolutely terrible!

Odor is still under "team control", and can go through arbitration again.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 10855
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/6/2018 9:01:10 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

25-1 lead for Nats over mets

Yowza

so then, get this ...
The NATS today DFA'ed reliever Kelley for flinging his glove to the ground after giving up a homer late in the 25-4 WIN

And Oakland gave up "international Slot Money" for Kelley, trading for the glove thrower.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 10856
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/6/2018 9:07:28 AM   
Mr. Ed

STL owned up to the 14 million dollar mistake with Holland and released him Friday; Apparently going to sign with Nats.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 10857
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/6/2018 12:19:38 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

see also : .... at some point Dozier will struggle, and the bugs will come out of the woodwork, predicting his ultimate demise ...
Think I said something like that last week ...
Post #: 10858
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/7/2018 11:15:53 PM   
JT2

Matt's headline: Dozier Blows Game for Dodgers.

I'm expecting praise tomorrow. 1-1, with 3 BB's so far tonight.
Post #: 10859
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/8/2018 7:36:18 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

Matt's headline: Dozier Blows Game for Dodgers.

I'm expecting praise tomorrow. 1-1, with 3 BB's so far tonight.

Probably raises those silly "numbers" everyone is so in love with ....
the ones with the cute acronyms
Post #: 10860
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/8/2018 4:19:58 PM   
twinsfan

Dozier and the Dodgers will be a tough out in the playoffs.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 10861
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/9/2018 1:31:16 PM   
SoMnFan

MY MAN !!!!!!!!

Jayson Werth, who said he was "done" with professional baseball in June, has this advice for front-office types who use sabermetrics to determine the paths of franchises: It doesn't compute.

"They've got all these super nerds, as I call them, in the front office that know nothing about baseball but they like to project numbers and project players," Werth, who wouldn't use the word "retirement" when he left the game on June 27, told the Howard Eskin Podcast for 94 WIP in Philadelphia.

"... I think it's killing the game. It's to the point where just put computers out there. Just put laptops and what have you, just put them out there and let them play. We don't even need to go out there anymore. It's a joke."

Werth, 39, was playing with Triple-A Tacoma -- batting .206 with four homers and 19 RBIs for the Seattle Mariners' affiliate -- when he said he had "no regrets" to stop playing. He finished his 15-year career as a .267 hitter with 229 home runs and 799 RBIs, mostly with the Washington Nationals and Philadelphia Phillies, with whom he won a World Series in 2008 and was an All-Star selection in 2009.

"When they come down, these kids from MIT or Stanford or Harvard, wherever they're from, they've never played baseball in their life," Werth told Eskin. "When they come down to talk about stuff like [shifts] ... should I just bunt it over there? They're like, 'No, don't do that. We don't want you to do that. We want you to hit a homer.' It's just not baseball to me.

"We're creating something that's not fun to watch. It's boring. You're turning players into robots. They've taken the human element out of the game."

Werth, known for his long hair, big beard and aggressive style during his playing career, is not the first to launch a verbal assault at baseball "nerds." Hall of Famer Goose Gossage ranted against the same thing in 2016.

"It is a joke," Gossage said then. "The game is becoming a freaking joke because of the nerds who are running it. I'll tell you what has happened, these guys played rotisserie baseball at Harvard or wherever the f--- they went, and they thought they figured the f---ing game out. They don't know s---."
Post #: 10862
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/9/2018 2:02:32 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

MY MAN !!!!!!!!

Jayson Werth, who said he was "done" with professional baseball in June, has this advice for front-office types who use sabermetrics to determine the paths of franchises: It doesn't compute.

"They've got all these super nerds, as I call them, in the front office that know nothing about baseball but they like to project numbers and project players," Werth, who wouldn't use the word "retirement" when he left the game on June 27, told the Howard Eskin Podcast for 94 WIP in Philadelphia.

"... I think it's killing the game. It's to the point where just put computers out there. Just put laptops and what have you, just put them out there and let them play. We don't even need to go out there anymore. It's a joke."

Werth, 39, was playing with Triple-A Tacoma -- batting .206 with four homers and 19 RBIs for the Seattle Mariners' affiliate -- when he said he had "no regrets" to stop playing. He finished his 15-year career as a .267 hitter with 229 home runs and 799 RBIs, mostly with the Washington Nationals and Philadelphia Phillies, with whom he won a World Series in 2008 and was an All-Star selection in 2009.

"When they come down, these kids from MIT or Stanford or Harvard, wherever they're from, they've never played baseball in their life," Werth told Eskin. "When they come down to talk about stuff like [shifts] ... should I just bunt it over there? They're like, 'No, don't do that. We don't want you to do that. We want you to hit a homer.' It's just not baseball to me.

"We're creating something that's not fun to watch. It's boring. You're turning players into robots. They've taken the human element out of the game."

Werth, known for his long hair, big beard and aggressive style during his playing career, is not the first to launch a verbal assault at baseball "nerds." Hall of Famer Goose Gossage ranted against the same thing in 2016.

"It is a joke," Gossage said then. "The game is becoming a freaking joke because of the nerds who are running it. I'll tell you what has happened, these guys played rotisserie baseball at Harvard or wherever the f--- they went, and they thought they figured the f---ing game out. They don't know s---."

Awesome

Some guy on Twins Daily said the Odorizzi peripherals were worse in Tampa, so my assertion he was bad wasn't based on fact.

So I just went fact that Odor can't get past 5 innings 2/3 of the time this year. That alone is enough for me.
Or anyone that watches him pitch.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 10863
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/10/2018 12:00:45 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

quote:

MY MAN !!!!!!!!

Awesome

Some guy on Twins Daily said the Odorizzi peripherals were worse in Tampa, so my assertion he was bad wasn't based on fact.

So I just went fact that Odor can't get past 5 innings 2/3 of the time this year. That alone is enough for me.

Mr Werth does realize that the reason all teams are doing this is.....it works? Right?

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 10864
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/10/2018 7:43:19 AM   
Mr. Ed

King Felix is ticked, being moved to the bullpen

His only comments: "I've got nothing to say.'

8-10
5.73 ERA this year.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 10865
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/10/2018 7:44:05 AM   
SoMnFan

Another Dodgzier homer last night ... ho-hum
Post #: 10866
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/10/2018 7:44:36 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

8-10
5.73 ERA this year.

Age, she gets to all of us.
Post #: 10867
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/10/2018 8:57:39 AM   
CPAMAN

quote:

8-10
5.73 ERA this year.

Sounds like a perfect over pay FA for the Twins to pursue off-season. We like over-the-hill guys.

Post #: 10868
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/10/2018 9:01:50 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

quote:

8-10
5.73 ERA this year.

Sounds like a perfect over pay FA for the Twins to pursue off-season. We like over-the-hill guys.

He's guaranteed 27 mill in 2019 w/Seattle

Escape while you can!
Post #: 10869
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/10/2018 10:31:31 AM   
CPAMAN

quote:

quote:

quote:

8-10
5.73 ERA this year.

Perfect! Twins can make a trade for him as they will have plenty of money available for bad pitcher acquisitions.

Post #: 10870
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/10/2018 10:43:42 AM   
CPAMAN

quote:

quote:

quote:

8-10
5.73 ERA this year.

I hope those stupid $27 million pitcher contracts go away forever. Bad money.

Post #: 10871
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/10/2018 11:11:29 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

MY MAN !!!!!!!!

Awesome

Mr Werth does realize that the reason all teams are doing this is.....it works? Right?

It's a stereotypical jock attitude towards nerds.

Jock doesn't want nerds running the game.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 10872
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/11/2018 12:32:57 PM   
Mr. Ed

SAN DIEGO — Former All-Star pitcher Esteban Loaiza, who earned more than $43 million over 14 seasons, pleaded guilty Friday to federal drug charges in California.
Loaiza acknowledged that he possessed about 20 kilograms, or 44 pounds, of cocaine with intent to distribute. He faces up a minimum of 10 years in a prison and maximum of life when he is sentenced Nov. 2.
Loaiza, 46, was under surveillance when he was arrested in February near a house in Imperial Beach, which borders Tijuana, Mexico. His SUV had just left the garage when authorities confronted him.

https://www.si.com/mlb/2018/08/10/esteban-loiza-mlb-drug-charges

Escape while you can!
Post #: 10873
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/13/2018 1:14:13 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

8-10
5.73 ERA this year.

Those numbers should get him released, not demoted to the bullpen.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 10874
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/13/2018 1:33:59 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

8-10
5.73 ERA this year.

Those numbers should get him released, not demoted to the bullpen.

True but that's a lot of money to eat.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 10875
Page:   <<   < prev  433 434 [435] 436 437   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: MLB General Information PT 4 Page: <<   < prev  433 434 [435] 436 437   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode