Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: MLB General Information PT 4

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: MLB General Information PT 4 Page: <<   < prev  487 488 [489] 490 491   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/4/2020 5:33:54 PM   
kgdabom

BREAKING NEWS:
Canadian singing sensation and part time baseball player Bieber has given up a run in the first inningn.
More on this story as it develops.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 12201
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/4/2020 7:21:58 PM   
Mr. Ed

Cleveland O is in the tank. 2 hits/2UER, and the only reason they're tied is because Bieber is working well into the game again.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 12202
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/4/2020 7:32:20 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

Cleveland O is in the tank. 2 hits/2UER, and the only reason they're tied is because Bieber is working well into the game again.

I look at their lineup and it looks good to me. I was expecting Reyes to be a beast.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 12203
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/4/2020 7:37:19 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

I look at their lineup and it looks good to me. I was expecting Reyes to be a beast.

As soon as I type that Reyes Homers and the Indians take the Lead. Bieber looking good for another win.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 12204
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/5/2020 4:12:08 PM   
Mr. Ed

White Sox Stud Prospect injured

Nick Madrigal suffered a separation of his left shoulder. He will head to the IL

Pirate Nick Burdi has a sore elbow again

< Message edited by Mr. Ed -- 8/5/2020 4:13:12 PM >

Escape while you can!
Post #: 12205
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/5/2020 4:13:55 PM   
Mr. Ed

How tough is a 60 G season?

10% of the #Brewers campaign is over and Christian Yelich has 3 hits in 34 at bats.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 12206
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/5/2020 5:48:46 PM   
kgdabom

Phillies led the Yankees 11-3 entering the bottom of the 7th which is the final inning since this is a double header. Yankees have scored four and have 2 runners on base with just one out. Not saying it's going to happen, but when was the last time a team blew an 8 run lead in the final inning?

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 12207
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/5/2020 5:50:23 PM   
kgdabom

Neris coming in for a Big Head Todd save. 4 run lead, but two runners on base.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 12208
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/5/2020 5:51:16 PM   
kgdabom

And he gets the save. I love it when the Skankees lose.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 12209
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/6/2020 10:26:21 AM   
Steve Lentz

Ouch!
Lance Lynn is leading MLB with a .049 ERA through 3 starts.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 12210
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/6/2020 10:27:53 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Lentz

Ouch!
Lance Lynn is leading MLB with a .049 ERA through 3 starts.

Good for him.

Maybe it took being in MN for a bit to get him to realize he needed to put effort in to succeed.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 12211
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/6/2020 11:08:48 AM   
Ricky J

What I remember about Lynn, if I remember correctly, is he pitched for us without much of a spring training and that was the excuse for his lack of success, the lack of being prepared for the season.

I think we're seeing a lot of people, or so it appears, that are not sharp, yet. I could be a heck of a finish in a month plus.
Post #: 12212
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/6/2020 11:14:54 AM   
TJSweens

He milked that excuse for a long time. The truth is that he didn't want to be here. He stole money here because nobody else offered him a contract. He had a piss poor attitude from the day he walked in the door.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 12213
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/6/2020 11:35:23 AM   
Ricky J

Right, it's coming back to me now ...
Post #: 12214
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/6/2020 2:54:51 PM   
Mr. Ed

Scott

Ozzie loves your buddy Nick Swisher as much as you do

Guillen, who is an analyst with NBC Sports Chicago, expressed his hatred for former outfielder Nick Swisher after the broadcast of a game between Chicago and the Milwaukee Brewers. He was asked who he disliked more, Carlos Gomez or Swisher.

“Oh my God, nobody can compare that with Nick Swisher,” he said. “I hate Nick Swisher with my heart. I think he hates me back, there's nothing wrong with that.”

Guillen cited Swisher’s alleged “fake” attitude.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 12215
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/6/2020 2:58:43 PM   
Mr. Ed

Who will be the first team to be eliminated from post season

PIT, with the final gave vs the Twins in progress, is 8 behind the Cubs

KC is 7 1/2 behind the Twins

Escape while you can!
Post #: 12216
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/6/2020 3:02:26 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

How far back from the 2nd wildcard?

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 12217
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/6/2020 3:06:32 PM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

quote:

How far back from the 2nd wildcard?

5 1/2 and 4

Escape while you can!
Post #: 12218
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/6/2020 3:26:13 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

Scott

Ozzie loves your buddy Nick Swisher as much as you do

Guillen, who is an analyst with NBC Sports Chicago, expressed his hatred for former outfielder Nick Swisher after the broadcast of a game between Chicago and the Milwaukee Brewers. He was asked who he disliked more, Carlos Gomez or Swisher.

“Oh my God, nobody can compare that with Nick Swisher,” he said. “I hate Nick Swisher with my heart. I think he hates me back, there's nothing wrong with that.”

Guillen cited Swisher’s alleged “fake” attitude.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 12219
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/7/2020 3:18:01 PM   
Mr. Ed

A former Los Angeles Angels employee has been charged with conspiracy to distribute fentanyl in connection with last year's overdose death of pitcher Tyler Skaggs, prosecutors in Texas announced Friday.

Eric Prescott Kay was arrested in Fort Worth, Texas, and made his first appearance Friday in federal court, according to Erin Nealy Cox, the U.S. attorney for the Northern District of Texas.

Kay was the Angels' director of communications, and he served as their public relations contact on many road trips. He was placed on leave shortly after Skaggs' death, and he never returned to the team.

In a statement issued Friday after news of Kay's court appearance, the Angels said they opened an independent investigation into Skaggs' death. The team reaffirmed its position that management didn't know Skaggs was an opioids user and didn't know any employees were providing drugs to players.

Skaggs was found dead in his hotel room in the Dallas area on July 1, 2019, before the start of what was supposed to be a four-game series against the Texas Rangers. The first game was postponed, and Skaggs' death provoked an outpouring of grief across baseball.

Skaggs died after choking on his vomit with a toxic mix of alcohol and the powerful painkillers fentanyl and oxycodone in his system, a coroner's report said. Prosecutors accused Kay of providing the fentanyl to Skaggs and others, who were not named.

"Tyler Skaggs's overdose – coming, as it did, in the midst of an ascendant baseball career – should be a wake-up call: No one is immune from this deadly drug, whether sold as a powder or hidden inside an innocuous-looking tablet," Nealy Cox said.

If convicted, Kay faces up to 20 years in prison. Federal court records do not list an attorney representing him, and an attorney who previously spoke on his behalf did not immediately return a message seeking comment.

The Angels' statement said the team has "fully cooperated with law enforcement and Major League Baseball. Additionally, in order to comprehensively understand the circumstances that led to his death, we hired a former federal prosecutor to conduct an independent investigation.

"We learned that there was unacceptable behavior inconsistent with our code of conduct, and we took steps to address it. Our investigation also confirmed that no one in management was aware, or informed, of any employee providing opioids to any player, nor that Tyler was using opioids."

Skaggs died 12 days before his 28th birthday. The Santa Monica native was drafted by the Angels in 2009 and later traded to Arizona, where he played his first two major league seasons before returning to the Angels in another trade in late 2013.

Rusty Hardin, the Texas attorney representing Skaggs' family, issued a statement after Kay's arrest and court appearance.

"The family is deeply heartbroken to learn that Tyler would be alive today were it not for a pill containing fentanyl that was provided by the Director of Communications of the Angels," Hardin said. "We note that the Angels say they commissioned an independent investigation that concluded no one in management was aware that a team employee was supplying illegal drugs to Tyler. We encourage the Angels to make that report public.

"We are relieved that no one else who was supplied drugs by this Angels executive met the same fate as Tyler. While nothing will replace the loss of Tyler, we are very grateful to federal prosecutors for their diligent and ongoing work."

Ummmm

Sorry, there's no guarantee Skaggs wouldn't have gotten what he wanted from someone else....

< Message edited by Mr. Ed -- 8/7/2020 3:19:13 PM >

Escape while you can!
Post #: 12220
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/7/2020 8:06:38 PM   
Mr. Ed

Resurrected career

Former #MNTwins starter and current #Orioles #OpeningDay southpaw Tommy Milone went 6.0 scoreless IP tonight giving up 3 H and fanning 3.

Oh yeah, he did it against the reigning #WorldSeries champion #Nats

Escape while you can!
Post #: 12221
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/9/2020 5:39:11 PM   
Mr. Ed

Indians pitcher Zach Plesac sent home to Cleveland after going out with friends in Chicago on Saturday night in violation of team rules and league’s health and safety protocols.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 12222
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/10/2020 6:56:13 AM   
Mr. Ed

Fiers didn't pitch in the A's/Asterisks series(shock)

Hitting coach of HOU chirps at the guy hit then hides behind several players as the fight starts

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29629803/oakland-athletics-ramon-laureano-charges-houston-astros-dugout-sparks-brawl

< Message edited by Mr. Ed -- 8/10/2020 7:53:51 AM >

Escape while you can!
Post #: 12223
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/10/2020 9:52:36 AM   
TJSweens

What a classless sack of shit organization. Fiers outs them for cheating their asses off. The cheaten ass bastards then mount a series long campaign of beaning his teammates, who had nothing to do with any of it. What a bunch of self entitled f*** heads.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 12224
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 8/10/2020 9:53:53 AM   
Mr. Ed

And the hitting coach has the balls to goad Laureano then lets a bunch of players get into the melee for him.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 12225
Page:   <<   < prev  487 488 [489] 490 491   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: MLB General Information PT 4 Page: <<   < prev  487 488 [489] 490 491   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode