Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: MLB General Information PT 4

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: MLB General Information PT 4 Page: <<   < prev  508 509 [510] 511 512   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 10/24/2020 8:14:00 PM   
twinsfan

What happened to the no-spitting rule in baseball?

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 12726
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 10/24/2020 8:39:31 PM   
twinsfan

Rays making a comeback. Randy "Rhinestone Outfielder" Arozarena with a timely HR.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 12727
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 10/24/2020 9:11:15 PM   
twinsfan

What a great game this has been so far. Even had a Hrbek/Gant moment, and this one may have been more obvious. I don't understand how it couldn't be reviewed.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 12728
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 10/25/2020 8:29:27 AM   
twinsfan

That was about the craziest game I've ever seen. Wow!

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 12729
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 10/25/2020 12:32:06 PM   
bohumm

I'm a fair-weather Dodgers fan, so the blown game isn't wrenching. What is most noteworthy is that baseball games are interminable. Luckily last night's game was pretty fun (until the end!!!!) and, in general, because baseball is so slow, you can do other things and miss nothing.
Post #: 12730
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 10/25/2020 4:13:20 PM   
SoMnFan

Fun one

Huge one tonight

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 12731
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 10/25/2020 8:02:06 PM   
twinsfan

Proof that the K-zone box is messed up. Kershaw pitch was shown as being 10 inches high on the box. But when they showed the replay from different angles, it was perfectly within the strike zone. No electronic umpires.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 12732
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 10/26/2020 7:14:05 AM   
SoMnFan

TB had their chances
No quit in em
Felt like our Twins, with that first-and-third-no-one-out debacle
That one failure looms larger than all the others at this point

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 12733
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 10/27/2020 8:19:04 AM   
SoMnFan

Does it end tonight?
Hope not but it kinda feels that way

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 12734
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 10/27/2020 8:25:52 AM   
Mr. Ed

Gonsolin vs Snell

Guess the Dodgers are keeping Buehler for Game 7 if needed.

I think it's over after this one.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 12735
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 10/27/2020 11:00:12 AM   
SoMnFan

The Detroit Tigers managerial search continues to grow in numbers.
Instead of setting his sights on a small group of potential hires, general manager Al Avila is utilizing his long list of options. While waiting on A.J. Hinch and Alex Cora, who can't interview for jobs until after the World Series because of their roles in the 2017 Houston Astros scandal, he is evaluating numerous other candidates.
Here's who Avila has reportedly interviewed: Kansas City Royals bench coach Pedro Grifol, Pittsburgh Pirates bench coach Don Kelly, Los Angeles Dodgers first base coach George Lombard, Tigers interim manager Lloyd McClendon, New York Yankees bench coach Carlos Mendoza, Yankees third base coach Phil Nevin, Yankees hitting coach Marcus Thames and Chicago Cubs third base coach Will Venable.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 12736
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 10/27/2020 11:16:55 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

The Detroit Tigers managerial search continues to grow in numbers.
Instead of setting his sights on a small group of potential hires, general manager Al Avila is utilizing his long list of options. While waiting on A.J. Hinch and Alex Cora, who can't interview for jobs until after the World Series because of their roles in the 2017 Houston Astros scandal, he is evaluating numerous other candidates.
Here's who Avila has reportedly interviewed: Kansas City Royals bench coach Pedro Grifol, Pittsburgh Pirates bench coach Don Kelly, Los Angeles Dodgers first base coach George Lombard, Tigers interim manager Lloyd McClendon, New York Yankees bench coach Carlos Mendoza, Yankees third base coach Phil Nevin, Yankees hitting coach Marcus Thames and Chicago Cubs third base coach Will Venable.

Phil Nevin

One of those key Terry Ryan Acquisitions

Escape while you can!
Post #: 12737
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 10/28/2020 6:34:02 AM   
Mr. Ed

And the season ends in typical 2020 fashion

Turner tests positive

and goes back out there with family and teammates

COVID SUPERSPREADER

OMG

DISINFECT THE TROPHY!

Escape while you can!
Post #: 12738
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 10/28/2020 7:09:42 AM   
SoMnFan

ARLINGTON, Texas -- In this oddest of years, this most peculiar of baseball seasons, there was perhaps no more telling snapshot of the United States, circa 2020, than a COVID-19-positive man sitting on the ground, maskless, next to a cancer survivor, maskless as well, with indelible grins spread across their faces. Sports is and always will be a metaphor for society.
The Los Angeles Dodgers won the World Series on Tuesday night, and in the moments after, the world learned that Justin Turner, the team's third baseman and pulse of the clubhouse, had contracted the coronavirus. Turner was asked to isolate. He did not abide. He strode onto the field, where his teammates were celebrating their 3-1 victory over the Tampa Bay Rays in Game 6, and joined. He removed his mask to pose for pictures with his wife, whom he kissed. He planted himself on the ground as the team gathered for a photo to commemorate the Dodgers' first championship in 32 years. To his right sat Dave Roberts, the Dodgers' manager, who 10 years ago was diagnosed with Hodgkin lymphoma. To Turner's left, gleaming, sat the World Series trophy.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 12739
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 10/28/2020 7:23:07 AM   
SoMnFan

Cash pretty much did everything right all year, then pulls Snell too early ion the most important game of the year
For what "might" happen
He was nervous about him facing the top 3, who were 0-6 against him to that point
You GOTTA let him get through that there. He had been damn-near perfect to that point. You leave him until the lead is gone.
Don't put that on someone else (Anderson)
Cash's whole career will have that moment hanging over it. Its hindsight to say it was wrong, but it was wrong.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 12740
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 10/28/2020 7:35:52 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ARLINGTON, Texas -- In this oddest of years, this most peculiar of baseball seasons, there was perhaps no more telling snapshot of the United States, circa 2020, than a COVID-19-positive man sitting on the ground, maskless, next to a cancer survivor, maskless as well, with indelible grins spread across their faces. Sports is and always will be a metaphor for society.
The Los Angeles Dodgers won the World Series on Tuesday night, and in the moments after, the world learned that Justin Turner, the team's third baseman and pulse of the clubhouse, had contracted the coronavirus. Turner was asked to isolate. He did not abide. He strode onto the field, where his teammates were celebrating their 3-1 victory over the Tampa Bay Rays in Game 6, and joined. He removed his mask to pose for pictures with his wife, whom he kissed. He planted himself on the ground as the team gathered for a photo to commemorate the Dodgers' first championship in 32 years. To his right sat Dave Roberts, the Dodgers' manager, who 10 years ago was diagnosed with Hodgkin lymphoma. To Turner's left, gleaming, sat the World Series trophy.

Tested positive and didn't isolate. Not a good idea.

So what if he tests again and it's negative. Will they make as big of a deal about it?

Most people I know mask up. It seems I'm in the minority based on the media's coverage.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 12741
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 10/28/2020 7:36:59 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

Cash pretty much did everything right all year, then pulls Snell too early ion the most important game of the year
For what "might" happen
He was nervous about him facing the top 3, who were 0-6 against him to that point
You GOTTA let him get through that there. He had been damn-near perfect to that point. You leave him until the lead is gone.
Don't put that on someone else (Anderson)
Cash's whole career will have that moment hanging over it. Its hindsight to say it was wrong, but it was wrong.

He and Rocco now have something in common. Nervous quick hook in a big game with a guy who was doing the job.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 12742
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 10/28/2020 7:48:41 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

quote:

So what if he tests again and it's negative. Will they make as big of a deal about it?

Most people I know mask up. It seems I'm in the minority based on the media's coverage.

I'm just floored by it
They knew
He knew
He was told to isolate
He didn't
It just kinda floors you.
Of course, you wanted to be out there, duh.
Probably the most outwardly public, selfish act we've seen so far.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 12743
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 10/28/2020 7:53:49 AM   
Mr. Ed

To Turner's left, gleaming, sat the World Series trophy.

Ok, this is a pet peeve of mine.

How do inanimate object sit?

Turner sat

did they sit the trophy next to him? No, they set it next to him.

My hat sat on the floor. Hats can't sit.

Sorry, just one of those things that drives me nuts. Unfortunately, there are a lot of those things.

Commercials have the crappy language ingrained now.

We've got the best selection of ________ in town.

We Have got?

ugh.

< Message edited by Mr. Ed -- 10/28/2020 7:55:04 AM >

Escape while you can!
Post #: 12744
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 10/28/2020 8:04:13 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

A couple of the NY Giants got in hotter water for activities w/o a mask.

Public figures can't do much anything out of the norm and not be photographed thanks to camera phones.

Apparently is further evidence of how some...probably many...take the virus less than seriously.

I kid about it, because the headlines go overboard. IMO that's part of the issue. After a while I get numb to all of it. Probably not alone.

Doesn't mean I won't follow the rules.

If Roberts or someone else gets it and something happens, then he'll feel bad. Maybe

Escape while you can!
Post #: 12745
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 10/28/2020 8:08:31 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm just floored by it
They knew
He knew
He was told to isolate
He didn't

Also, it was a pretty odd time for a test result to come in. I'd say chances are very good people in the Dodgers organization knew about the positive test before the game, but didn't let Turner or any of the other players and field staff know about it. Then to cover themselves, they release the results late in the game (when leading) to make it look like it was on the up-and-up.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 12746
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 10/28/2020 8:10:17 AM   
SoMnFan

Was going to go into that too Matt

If they really dig, I'd bet some knew a long time before they let on
They were trying everything possible to delay the inevitable
Pretty sad handling of a serious thing.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 12747
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 10/28/2020 8:10:35 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm just floored by it
They knew
He knew
He was told to isolate
He didn't

Also, it was a pretty odd time for a test result to come in. I'd say chances are very good people in the Dodgers organization knew about the positive test before the game, but didn't let Turner or any of the other players and field staff know about it. Then to cover themselves, they release the results late in the game (when leading) to make it look like it was on the up-and-up.

agreed. In game you get a test result? Um, I don't think so.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 12748
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 10/28/2020 8:12:04 AM   
Mr. Ed

IF

IF Tampa wins, do they release the test result and Turner doesn't play game 7??

Escape while you can!
Post #: 12749
RE: MLB General Information PT 4 - 10/28/2020 8:23:40 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

IF

IF Tampa wins, do they release the test result and Turner doesn't play game 7??

I was wondering the same thing. I'd say 50/50 at best.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 12750
Page:   <<   < prev  508 509 [510] 511 512   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: MLB General Information PT 4 Page: <<   < prev  508 509 [510] 511 512   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode