From: United States
So many thoughts
* bout time
* the FBI? Seriously? The country doesn't have more pressing issues?
* this isn't wrist slapping, people ... this is JAIL TIME
* since it's JAIL TIME, expect some of the jailed to make some deals to take down the bigger fish
* can't help but think the one-and-done's have caused a lot of the problem, or should I say the suckers who hang around the one-and-done's
* billions of dollars run thru this operation, and the players (who its supposed to be all about) .... make none of the dollars. (yeah... scholarships, yeah) .... Can't stay that way.
I'm disgusted by it all.
Men, 18 years of age should not be required to indenture themselves for a year or two before they can make a living. Free market. If the Blazers want to draft a High School Senior, why not? They don't need protection.
You want kids to stay in school? Pay them. Not outrageously, but pay them.
Little known fact, your athletic scholarship is on a one year renewal basis. You get hurt, scholarship gone.
These kids aren't going to school to get an education. Stop pretending they are. Stop pretending you care. Stop pretending you are doing them a favor.
Who would have thunk it, college basketball and football is actually way more about the money than the professional leagues.