Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans Page: <<   < prev  242 243 [244] 245 246   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/19/2018 9:36:50 AM   
JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: MDK

1968. First year I followed this team. Followed them as they went to four super bowls and in each one, the great Bud Grant was completely outcoached and the team completely unprepared.

Opening drive, still don't understand the placement. Instead of first down, Twins have 3rd and short......Vikings, in their typical creative, Katie bar the door, no holds approach, take the conservative play and get stopped and have to punt the ball. Would it have killed them to do a play fake and go deep or at least 20 yards down the field for a pass?

Felt that was the play of the game and the play that sums up Zimmer's head coaching stint. He can assemble a defense but is scared sh**less of losing and so he tries to prevent loses instead of going for wins.

So sick of this organization. 50 years of following the Vikings. And what to show for it.....nothing.

Couldn't agree more.

3rd and short, we bring in our "short yardage back", showed the Bears what we were going to do, then ram it at their strength.

I was hoping (but knew we wouldn't) for play action there. Set the tone that we are going to be aggressive.

This is a Zimmer philosophy problem. The only time it's okay to be aggressive is when we are behind. I can't stand this type of mentality for football.
Post #: 6076
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/19/2018 9:38:28 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

Vikes, Wolves, Wild twice, Gopher hockey twice. This was the suckiest Minnesota sports weekend that has ever sucked in the history of suck.

Gophers hoops had a big win over Texas A&M last night.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 6077
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/19/2018 10:04:13 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

quote:

Vikes, Wolves, Wild twice, Gopher hockey twice. This was the suckiest Minnesota sports weekend that has ever sucked in the history of suck.

That was too late to count.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 6078
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/19/2018 10:35:18 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

That was close to being a loss also....

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 6079
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/19/2018 10:38:13 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

Gopher Football.....and even Gopher wrestling.

Thanks Miles. I knew I was missing something when I posted. Gopher football.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 6080
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/19/2018 11:03:55 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

That was close to being a loss also....

I watched the 1st half and we pretty much dominated.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 6081
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/19/2018 3:40:33 PM   
TJSweens

We had good stretches. I wouldn't call it dominance.

Post #: 6082
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/25/2018 7:47:46 PM   
MDK

I want Zimmer and Speilman fired tonight

MAGA needs to change to MAWA= Make America White Again

Tom Smothers RIP: Easter "is when Jesus comes out of his tomb and if he sees his shadow, he goes back in and we get six more weeks of winter."
Post #: 6083
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/26/2018 7:42:35 AM   
SoMnFan

Huge Cousins lover here, but man, you gotta get a helluva lot better in crunchtime
He owes half his salary to his receivers
Diggs bailed his ass out big time on the final drive.
Thielen bailed his ass out big time on the previous drives.
He gets the yips at the worst damn times.
Why in the hell do we not roll him out? Every damn pass play, one side of the field was completely open, without a Packer around.
Roll away from the pressure, so the passes don't get batted down. Please? pretty please? he can move, no idea why they don't MOVE HIM.
Post #: 6084
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/26/2018 8:30:02 AM  1 votes
Trekgeekscott

quote:

We just beat the Packers.

Why?

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 6085
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/26/2018 9:14:53 AM   
MDK

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

Why?

In game post of frustration

don't make some dumb ass remark the next day about an in game post.

Tom Smothers RIP: Easter "is when Jesus comes out of his tomb and if he sees his shadow, he goes back in and we get six more weeks of winter."
Post #: 6086
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/26/2018 9:35:04 AM   
TJSweens

I really had no issues with Cousins in the stretch. His receivers made catches they are paid to make. The best QB's in football get bailed out by receivers from time to time. I thought he played a hell of a game.

I absolutely agree on rolling him out more. His best season came when Kyle Shanahan built the passing game around exactly that. Shanahan did a real novel thing. When Washington moved on from RG3 to Cousins, he changed the passing schemes from one that suited Griffen to the roll out scheme that played to Cousins strengths. Flip is shoe horning Cousins into a scheme that best fits Drew Brees.

Post #: 6087
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/26/2018 9:54:23 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Huge Cousins lover here, but man, you gotta get a helluva lot better in crunchtime
Why in the hell do we not roll him out? Every damn pass play, one side of the field was completely open, without a Packer around.
Roll away from the pressure, so the passes don't get batted down. Please? pretty please? he can move, no idea why they don't MOVE HIM.

One of the best plays of the night was when they FINALLY bunched up for a short yardage try and threw it to the fullback. He was wide open because
the vikes rarely pass in that short/yardage situation.

Start of the game, I was with Miles. Time out and then you run 12 men out out on the field. What a bunch of dopes.

Still not a big Zimmer fan. At times he can stop good teams. But he cannot coach this team to run with the high octane teams.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 6088
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/26/2018 10:14:28 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

One of the best plays of the night was when they FINALLY bunched up for a short yardage try and threw it to the fullback. He was wide open because the vikes rarely pass in that short/yardage situation.

I remember the first 3rd and 1 play of the night. The Vikings lined up with Murray in the backfield. I said out loud, they are going to hand off to Murry and he is going to get stuffed for a loss.

Guess what happened?

Post #: 6089
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/26/2018 10:23:14 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

One of the best plays of the night was when they FINALLY bunched up for a short yardage try and threw it to the fullback. He was wide open because
the vikes rarely pass in that short/yardage situation.

Start of the game, I was with Miles. Time out and then you run 12 men out out on the field. What a bunch of dopes.

Still not a big Zimmer fan. At times he can stop good teams. But he cannot coach this team to run with the high octane teams.

And .. in my much-maligned posting style this morning ... I'll stay with the same theme I was on ...
Zimmer owes his players half HIS salary for them bailing him out, too.
Said/did some really dumb things last night. Way too conservative at times, overreacts to kicker issues.
The 12 men penalty was horrific
Should have been screaming (more) at the refs for the end of the half penalty Bailey made the first kick, should have stood.
Telling Michelle at half that you won't be relying on your kicker is dumb as well
And then went ahead and di anyway.
If you're suddenly going to man up and go for things, then run a decent play, have a plan. Give your QB and backs OPTIONS. Safe options.
And you don't bail on Bailey. His stats rate with every other kicker in the league. It is what it is in today's NFL.
Stop planning on FGs if you don't like your kicker missing one once in awhile.
We still get into the redzone and lose our GD minds sometimes. You can't waste downs there on stupidity and conservative calls.
Post #: 6090
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/26/2018 10:28:43 AM   
MDK

Vikings face New England and then Seattle on the road the next two weeks.

Will Zimmer act like a turtle in those games if he somehow gets a lead? Will he retract his head and his legs under his protective shell?

The first 3rd and 1.......Zimmer's offense runs the same up the middle run like they did last week with exactly the same result.

Post #: 6091
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/26/2018 10:30:38 AM   
SoMnFan

Bailey was roughed ... nothing called
GB DB comes up to nail Cook with his helmet ... almost gets sent to the hospital.
Thielen with the quick stop, then the dandy stiff arm to the GB DB right on to his ass
Love how physical we can get when needed.

Can honestly say I've never seen a play like the one where our OL helped their DL to Cousins.
Weirdest looking play I've ever seen. It was like "go get em pal"
Post #: 6092
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/26/2018 10:39:38 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

Should have been screaming (more) at the refs for the end of the half penalty Bailey made the first kick, should have stood.

The refs were a cluster-f on that one

Then missed Bailey getting hit on the second one.

The first miss wasn't really Bailey's fault. The Holder did a horrid job, was lucky to actually have the ball upright he effed it up so much.

The other actually smart play for once was when it was second and short and Cousins quick count snuck ahead for a first down.

Elflein and Hill are probably the line MVP's

Elflein makes them better in the middle, and Hill bails them out when others get hurt.

Remmers on the last sack was one of those WTF are you doing?

Collinsworth gushing about the Packers the whole first half had me on the verge of illness. You'd swear with all that gas, they had lost 1 or 2 games.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 6093
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/26/2018 10:41:34 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

GB DB comes up to nail Cook with his helmet ... almost gets sent to the hospital.

Shoulder right into his face was pretty good.

If you haven't seen it, look up si.com or C Patterson's package grab on the NYJ and why he said he did it.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 6094
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/26/2018 10:47:51 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

Why?

Excuse me mr sensitive

Did someone re write the periodic table or something?

Sheesh

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 6095
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/26/2018 11:02:38 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

Elflein makes them better in the middle, and Hill bails them out when others get hurt.

Elflein, yes. Hill, no way. He may fill in, but he is God awful, unless he going against someone equally as bad. After Elf, I say O'Neil has easily been the best player on the line.

That Remmers play just blew me away. It was like he just turned sideways and patted his man on the back as he ran by, as if to say "go get him big guy". He seriously needs to be gone next year.

Post #: 6096
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/26/2018 11:03:35 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Why?

Excuse me mr sensitive

Did someone re write the periodic table or something?

Sheesh

Boys! Boys!

Post #: 6097
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/26/2018 11:09:23 AM   
SoMnFan

Love how the Thielen story just grows and grows and grows.
he SCHOOLED people last night.
Other pros. This guy isn't just a great story, he's one hell of a football player
Very few guys get that ball into the EZ. Very few. He's one tough MFer. You could see on the sidelines"man, that hurt' but he'd be damned to show it on the field.
Makes a great Limbo Stick too. Who knew? Sunglass salesman right to limbo stick. Hmmm.
Post #: 6098
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/26/2018 11:11:39 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

quote:

Elflein, yes. Hill, no way. He may fill in, but he is God awful, unless he going against someone equally as bad. After Elf, I say O'Neil has easily been the best player on the line.

That Remmers play just blew me away. It was like he just turned sideways and patted his man on the back as he ran by, as if to say "go get him big guy". He seriously needs to be gone next year.

Could easily replace the 3 spots with better guys. Reiff isn't much better than Remmers/Compton.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 6099
RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans - 11/26/2018 11:14:23 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

Love how the Thielen story just grows and grows and grows.
he SCHOOLED people last night.
Other pros. This guy isn't just a great story, he's one hell of a football player
Very few guys get that ball into the EZ. Very few. He's one tough MFer. You could see on the sidelines"man, that hurt' but he'd be damned to show it on the field.
Makes a great Limbo Stick too. Who knew? Sunglass salesman right to limbo stick. Hmmm.

Collinsworth says he's not a great athlete

BS

That's total crap. He's not some clever slow WR.

He's some some great route running, hands, and smarts on the field.

He and Diggs deserve a 3rd WR. Treadwell dropped another one last night. THe guy has 1000 lives.

Escape while you can!
Post #: 6100
Page:   <<   < prev  242 243 [244] 245 246   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Vikes talk for Twins Fans Page: <<   < prev  242 243 [244] 245 246   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode