Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Other NFL News

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  15 16 [17] 18 19   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Other NFL News - 10/8/2016 7:42:41 AM   
odin

I had to make sure this wasn't an Onion article:

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/sources-ponder-has-support-49ers-locker-room

quote:

Coach Chip Kelly on Thursday night made no guarantees that Blaine Gabbert will continue in the role of the 49ers’ starting quarterback.

While the most obvious move would be to promote Colin Kaepernick into the starting role, sources told CSNBayArea.com on Friday morning that there is some support among the team’s offensive players for Christian Ponder to move ahead of both Gabbert and Kaepernick.

“Ponder is the best option for quarterback on the roster,” said a locker-room source.
Post #: 401
RE: Other NFL News - 10/8/2016 9:02:44 AM   
Lynn G.

I hope they give the chance to Ponder and that he turns into a superstar. He didn't have it when he was here, but he's one of those really good, decent guys you WANT to root for.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 402
RE: Other NFL News - 10/8/2016 9:19:38 AM   
JC2015

I hope he fails

He was a gutless choker here

If the Vikings don't make the playoffs this year Zimmer and Spielman should be gone
Post #: 403
RE: Other NFL News - 10/8/2016 10:18:42 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

I hope they give the chance to Ponder and that he turns into a superstar. He didn't have it when he was here, but he's one of those really good, decent guys you WANT to root for.

Me too!

Eh ...
Post #: 404
RE: Other NFL News - 10/8/2016 10:36:32 AM   
MarkWren

quote:

Could not agree more. I will pull for CP any time he's not facing the Vikes. He was a class act here despite some very adverse circumstances. The guy made some fine plays and worked hard at his trade. It simply did not work out. No ill feelings whatsoever on my end.
Post #: 405
RE: Other NFL News - 10/8/2016 10:37:17 AM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

Me too!

Eh ...

I spell it Meh or Bleh.

You guys can root for his success all you want. While he may actually be the cream of the crop nice guy that you guys all promote every chance you get - the one thing he is not - and that is a decent QB at this level.
Post #: 406
RE: Other NFL News - 10/8/2016 11:18:40 AM   
thebigo

quote:

BTW I think you mean AR, not AK?
Post #: 407
RE: Other NFL News - 10/8/2016 12:12:38 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

quote:

Me too!

Eh ...

I spell it Meh or Bleh.

You guys can root for his success all you want. While he may actually be the cream of the crop nice guy that you guys all promote every chance you get - the one thing he is not - and that is a decent QB at this level.

I never have liked meh over eh ....

I sent you a pm
Post #: 408
RE: Other NFL News - 10/8/2016 12:26:00 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

Me too!

Eh ...

I spell it Meh or Bleh.

I bet the stretch he played in the preseason game i watched was better than any QB play on their team this year.

I dont care about Ponder i just wouldnt care if Kapp got railroaded out out of the league. Said it

If i do want him to suceed its prob due more than anything to many on this boards "hate" towards him

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 10/8/2016 12:29:06 PM >
Post #: 409
RE: Other NFL News - 10/8/2016 12:41:51 PM   
Lynn G.

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

BTW I think you mean AR, not AK?

Oh yeah, good catch. It took me a while to figure out what you were referring to.

Someone actually reads my signature line!

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 410
RE: Other NFL News - 10/8/2016 2:11:08 PM   
JC2015

Ponder was a good guy?

You have no idea if he is a good guy or not

People thought Kirby Puckett was a good guy

Turned out to be a #1 asshole

You have no idea if public figures are good people or not

If the Vikings don't make the playoffs this year Zimmer and Spielman should be gone
Post #: 411
RE: Other NFL News - 10/8/2016 4:03:34 PM   
Lynn G.

You don't live in the state John so you didn't see as much of Ponder as the locals did. Not that any of us put him through a lie-detector test or a psychological examination, so none of us are swearing under oath in a court of law (not sure how far you expect us to go with a list of reasons why we developed an opinion of the guy)...

Just relax.

Post #: 412
RE: Other NFL News - 10/8/2016 5:17:52 PM   
Ricky J

Im a good guy and most people don't even know it
Post #: 413
RE: Other NFL News - 10/8/2016 5:40:18 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

Don't sell yourself short, Ricky ... you're a terrific guy and most people don't even know it.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 414
RE: Other NFL News - 10/8/2016 6:31:24 PM   
Ricky J

Post #: 415
RE: Other NFL News - 10/8/2016 7:42:13 PM   
ambear

quote:

I'm not a good guy but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.....
Post #: 416
RE: Other NFL News - 10/9/2016 12:24:03 AM   
thebigo

quote:

I suspect YOU don't realize others know it.
Post #: 417
RE: Other NFL News - 10/9/2016 12:33:19 AM   
JTC2017

quote:

You don't live in the state John so you didn't see as much of Ponder as the locals did. Not that any of us put him through a lie-detector test or a psychological examination, so none of us are swearing under oath in a court of law (not sure how far you expect us to go with a list of reasons why we developed an opinion of the guy)...

Just relax.
you lived in Minnesota when Puckett played

You saw nothing

You have no idea if Ponder is a good guy

We do know he is a choking dog qb who cost us many gMes

2016 Vikings Defense: "You can't throw passes from your ass!"
Post #: 418
RE: Other NFL News - 10/9/2016 6:15:52 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

I suspect YOU don't realize others know it.

You made it home!
Post #: 419
RE: Other NFL News - 10/11/2016 10:47:47 AM   
SoMnFan

The NFL on Tuesday upheld the 10-game suspension for Philadelphia Eagles right tackle Lane Johnson for violating the league's performance-enhancing drug policy for a second time.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 420
RE: Other NFL News - 10/11/2016 11:08:24 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

See the Falcons new concession prices?
$2 soda water hotdogs popcorn pretzels with free soda refills
$3 nachos and waffle fries
$5 beer

That is sweet. Owner said this is not a one year promo either.

I swear I heard the beer man say, "That'll be 10 and a quarter" as I walked by someone getting a beer on Sunday.

Maybe I didn't need to quit drinking, I wouldn't be able to afford to get drunk on today's prices anyway.
Post #: 421
RE: Other NFL News - 10/11/2016 12:11:58 PM   
Todd M

I bought a couple @ $9.25...so $10.
Post #: 422
RE: Other NFL News - 10/11/2016 12:45:43 PM   
SoMnFan

quote:

I bought a couple @ $9.25...so $10.

'big tipper, the Llama ...."

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 423
RE: Other NFL News - 10/11/2016 9:09:26 PM   
David Levine

We’ve had to wait a heck of a long time to see him play again, but San Diego Chargers rookie defensive lineman (and No. 3 overall draft pick) Joey Bosa reminded us with his play in Sunday’s loss to the Raiders that he is still really freaking good.

Between a protracted contract negotiation with the Chargers and then an injury, San Diego’s top pick didn’t step foot on an NFL field until Week 5 of his rookie season, and against Oakland he played 27 snaps against one of the league’s best offensive lines (albeit one down multiple right tackles).

Over those 27 snaps we got to see the Bosa we graded as the top player in college football the last two years – a destructive wrecking ball who could move all over the line and dominate in all facets of the game. He had significantly more impact in 27 snaps than Corey Liuget and Melvin Ingram had combined over 117.

Bosa rushed the passer 20 times and notched two sacks, a hit and four hurries. That’s seven total pressures, or hurrying the QB on more than a third of his pass-rushing snaps. He also made three tackles, and every time he got hold of somebody it was a defensive stop on the play.

For those wondering how Bosa would fit in the San Diego 3-4 defense having been pretty much strictly a 4-3 defensive end at Ohio State, the answer – at least against Oakland – was that the Chargers were going to use him everywhere.

He moved between defensive end and outside linebacker, and flipped between the left and right sides at both positions. Effectively on base downs Bosa was lined up at outside linebacker before kicking down to the line when the Chargers went into sub-packages.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-joey-bosa-earned-an-excellent-grade-in-his-nfl-debut/
Post #: 424
RE: Other NFL News - 10/11/2016 9:19:47 PM  1 votes
Tim Cady

I saw Ponder around west end heard rumors of him and his wife buying kids stuff a lu lu lemon. He and his wife were rumored to be super sweet no agenda. Lynn is right.

< Message edited by Tim Cady -- 10/11/2016 9:22:08 PM >

Go the extra mile, it's never crowded!
Post #: 425
Page:   <<   < prev  15 16 [17] 18 19   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  15 16 [17] 18 19   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode