Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Other NFL News

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  17 18 [19] 20 21   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Other NFL News - 4/14/2017 10:40:27 PM   
Tim Cady

Top shelf. Great stories today about what a special leader he was, by simply caring about the people in his organization.

Go the extra mile, it's never crowded!
Post #: 451
RE: Other NFL News - 4/19/2017 7:22:39 AM   
Todd M

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2017/04/19/aaron-hernandez-kills-himself-prison/Hkp9wdGcZImoMBomJLMNVJ/story.html
Post #: 452
RE: Other NFL News - 4/19/2017 7:24:34 AM   
Todd M

A real sad story that wasn't mentioned (other than in the baseball threads) was Todd Heap killing his young child. Was disappointed to see it not get any play. Was more tragic than Prince dying that's for sure.
Post #: 453
RE: Other NFL News - 4/19/2017 9:31:41 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

A real sad story that wasn't mentioned (other than in the baseball threads) was Todd Heap killing his young child. Was disappointed to see it not get any play. Was more tragic than Prince dying that's for sure.

Just a horrible story. We are all pretty jaded by the media at this point in the amount of coverage and where they focus it. But the Heap story really gets through.

I heard a comment about it, 'the mind can't even get there, its so hard too comprehend.'
Post #: 454
RE: Other NFL News - 4/19/2017 11:04:00 AM   
Lynn G.

On the one side - we have Todd Heap's story of a very tragic loss of a young life, and a family wrecked forever with their grief.

On the other - we have Aaron Hernandez deciding that the best way to get rid of a person who is a problem for the family is to kill them, and now, facing the rest of his life in prison, kills himself.

Two total tragedies. It certainly proves that fame and fortune does not make you immune to truly sad events.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 455
RE: Other NFL News - 4/19/2017 12:19:06 PM   
Ricky J

Wow! I avoid the news as much as possible picking up significant events through Twiiter, FB or here. Not much in today's world grabs me anymore (pretty sad) but these two events did.
Post #: 456
RE: Other NFL News - 4/19/2017 1:46:42 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

On the one side - we have Todd Heap's story of a very tragic loss of a young life, and a family wrecked forever with their grief.

On the other - we have Aaron Hernandez deciding that the best way to get rid of a person who is a problem for the family is to kill them, and now, facing the rest of his life in prison, kills himself.

Two total tragedies. It certainly proves that fame and fortune does not make you immune to truly sad events.

i have a three-year-old boy and we have to continuously be aware of his whereabouts...he always wants to come with me when i have to leave or run out for something and he'd rush out the door to the car if we didn't control him...i wondered about heap's child - if she was running out to the car as he was pulling out or away....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 457
RE: Other NFL News - 4/19/2017 5:17:57 PM   
Bill Jandro

Aaron Hernandez, the former star tight end with the New England Patriots who was convicted of first-degree murder in 2015, hanged himself in prison on Wednesday, the authorities said.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 458
RE: Other NFL News - 4/19/2017 5:21:32 PM   
kevinemmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

i have a three-year-old boy and we have to continuously be aware of his whereabouts...he always wants to come with me when i have to leave or run out for something and he'd rush out the door to the car if we didn't control him...i wondered about heap's child - if she was running out to the car as he was pulling out or away....

That's so brutal.

I can't imagine having to live with that as a Dad and a Husband.

I hope he has a strong and supportive family group around him.
Post #: 459
RE: Other NFL News - 4/19/2017 5:24:19 PM   
thebigo

quote:

Odd that you would have wanted to see the Todd Heap killing his daughter story get more play. I'm betting the Heap family doesn't feel that way.
Post #: 460
RE: Other NFL News - 4/19/2017 6:49:19 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

Think I read she was playing in front of the truck and Heap went forward to put the vehicle in the garage or something.
Post #: 461
RE: Other NFL News - 4/19/2017 8:58:16 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

Todd not more tragic than Prince dying for sure. I don't know who Todd Heap is or his young child were/are. When Prince died millions and possibly a billion people or more lost somebody that was significant in their lives. A father accidentally killing his child is tragic too, but not for sure more tragic than Prince's death.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 4/19/2017 9:00:12 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 462
RE: Other NFL News - 4/20/2017 1:32:02 AM   
kwheats

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

Todd not more tragic than Prince dying for sure. I don't know who Todd Heap is or his young child were/are. When Prince died millions and possibly a billion people or more lost somebody that was significant in their lives. A father accidentally killing his child is tragic too, but not for sure more tragic than Prince's death.

Prince killed himself with addiction, that child died in a terrible accident that will haunt the family forever!!!
Post #: 463
RE: Other NFL News - 4/20/2017 7:22:23 AM   
Ricky J

sigh
Post #: 464
RE: Other NFL News - 4/20/2017 8:38:25 AM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

Prince lived a full life. The kid had his entire life in front of him. Prince's death was unfortunate. The kid's death was tragic.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 465
RE: Other NFL News - 4/20/2017 8:51:18 AM   
Ian Joseph

Death is death. It's all tragic. I'm not in the business of comparing. Everyone connected to someone that dies feels loss, period.

I had and still have zero interest discussing Todd Heap. It hit way too close to home for me. I don't even like typing about it now.

Tell somebody you love them today. Tomorrow isn't promised to musicians, athletes or small children.

< Message edited by Ian Joseph -- 4/20/2017 8:54:45 AM >

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 466
RE: Other NFL News - 4/20/2017 10:23:53 AM   
Todd M

90 year old man dies after living a full life. Goes to heaven. Not seeing a tragedy there myself...

For the most part, at the end of the day, believers shouldn't think death is tragic at all.

Not trying to score points...just calling it how I see it.
Post #: 467
RE: Other NFL News - 4/20/2017 11:46:33 AM   
Ian Joseph

Believers believe in the afterlife. That doesn't mean that the transition of loved ones from this world to the next isn't painful or tragic.

My grandmother died at 91, six years ago. My mother is still greatly affected by it. To a lesser extent, so am i.

< Message edited by Ian Joseph -- 4/20/2017 11:48:16 AM >

Believe.
Post #: 468
RE: Other NFL News - 4/20/2017 3:45:52 PM   
Lynn G.

I've explained that to Todd before but it didn't stick.

When believers suffer a death in the family or among close friends, we grieve because of the loss of their companionship here in the living world. We can feel happy that they are someplace better, and their pain is gone, etc. - but that doesn't lessen the loss we feel for the person whose company we enjoyed and with whom we shared our lives. We miss their counsel, their company, their laughter, their love...

That seems so obvious to me, but it seems to need repeating to sink in.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 469
RE: Other NFL News - 4/21/2017 10:04:57 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: kwheats

quote:

quote:

Prince killed himself with addiction, that child died in a terrible accident that will haunt the family forever!!!

And both are tragic. If they weren't in the news none of us would know or care. However, Princes loss I'm pretty certain will affect far more people.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 470
RE: Other NFL News - 4/21/2017 10:07:50 PM   
Ian Joseph

So, in a bit of a twist, it seems Aaron Hernandez may have killed himself for fear of being outed as bisexual, as the guy he killed, Odin Lloyd, knew he was having an affair with a man. If true, wowzers.

And before you question which tabloid I read it on, it was on msn.com.

Believe.
Post #: 471
RE: Other NFL News - 4/22/2017 12:07:25 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: kwheats

quote:

quote:

To say Prince killed himself with addiction would be like saying David Bowie killed himself with cancer. Prince died FROM his addiction. I'll give you that Prince could have received treatment for his addiction and failed to do so.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 472
RE: Other NFL News - 5/16/2017 7:26:12 AM   
Todd M

quote:

it will be Cromartie’s 14th child

quote:

First, congratulations are in order for cornerback Antonio Cromartie,

Yeah, congratulations...what a blessing...
Post #: 473
RE: Other NFL News - 5/16/2017 9:18:26 AM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

it will be Cromartie’s 14th child

quote:

First, congratulations are in order for cornerback Antonio Cromartie,

Yeah, congratulations...what a blessing...

This guy's reproductive abilities are so phenomenal I think he could get ME pregnant.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 474
RE: Other NFL News - 5/17/2017 5:40:13 PM   
David Levine

Great story.

Dude got a 4.0 from an Ivy League graduate school while playing in the NFL.

NFL receiver Andrew Hawkins gets his master's degree from Columbia

What’s harder, establishing a career as a wide receiver in the NFL, or getting a master’s degree from an Ivy League school?

You could be like Andrew Hawkins, and do both at the same time.

Hawkins, currently a free agent who played the last six seasons with the Cleveland Browns and Cincinnati Bengals, completed his master’s degree in sports management from Columbia’s School of Professional Studies, according to the New York Daily News. And while he was in the neighborhood, Hawkins worked out for the New England Patriots on Wednesday, according to ESPN’s Field Yates.

Hawkins posted a photo to Instagram pointing out that his shuttle run and his grade-point average was the same: 4.0.

Hawkins’ goal, according to the Daily News, is to be an NFL general manager. He’ll be more than qualified for the job, considering his education.

There was plenty of sacrifice involved. The Daily News said he started pursuing the degree in spring of 2015. This spring he would fly from his home in Los Angeles to New York on Monday morning, do a week’s worth of classes in a day, then get on an 11 p.m. flight back to California. In the years before that he lived in Tampa, Florida, and would make the same commute to Columbia. The Daily News said Hawkins moved to Los Angeles in part to intern with LeBron James’ business partner Maverick Carter.

Hawkins, who has 2,419 career yards, is set up well for a career after football, if he doesn’t land a job with the Patriots or any other NFL team. And he won’t have to make that rough commute anymore, though getting a degree from Columbia had to be worth it.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl-receiver-andrew-hawkins-gets-masters-degree-columbia-191215385.html
Post #: 475
Page:   <<   < prev  17 18 [19] 20 21   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  17 18 [19] 20 21   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode