Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Other NFL News

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Other NFL News - 10/11/2016 9:31:39 PM   
Black 47

Kirby Puckett was a good person. His career was taken from him suddenly and he wasn't prepared for that. I think he went a little bit mentally ill because of it, which caused him to do some bad things, but I have no doubt in my mind he was a good man.

Jeff Reardon was a good man, but when his son tragically died he went nuts and committed an armed robbery.

Bad events in people's lives cause them to snap and do bad things. Doesn't make them bad people.
Post #: 426
RE: Other NFL News - 10/11/2016 9:34:11 PM   
quote:

ORIGINAL: Tim Cady

I saw Ponder around west end heard rumors of him and his wife buying kids stuff a lu lu lemon. He and his wife were rumored to be super sweet no agenda. Lynn is right.

What a vicious rumor!

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 427
RE: Other NFL News - 10/11/2016 10:46:53 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Black 47

Kirby Puckett was a good person. His career was taken from him suddenly and he wasn't prepared for that. I think he went a little bit mentally ill because of it, which caused him to do some bad things, but I have no doubt in my mind he was a good man.

Jeff Reardon was a good man, but when his son tragically died he went nuts and committed an armed robbery.

Bad events in people's lives cause them to snap and do bad things. Doesn't make them bad people.

People love to judge. I am with you that Kirby was a good person. I have heard various rumors that would explain more, but I don't want to share because spreading gossip isn't a place I want to go.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 428
RE: Other NFL News - 10/12/2016 8:36:53 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

People love to judge. I am with you that Kirby was a good person. I have heard various rumors that would explain more, but I don't want to share because spreading gossip isn't a place I want to go.

Kirby married a woman from my high school and lived a mile from me when I was growing up. Never heard a bad thing about him. IN fact, as a young pizza driver of 20 I delivered pizza to his house many times and he was a nice guy.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 429
RE: Other NFL News - 10/12/2016 8:52:53 AM   
Lynn G.

quote:

I saw Ponder around west end heard rumors of him and his wife buying kids stuff a lu lu lemon. He and his wife were rumored to be super sweet no agenda. Lynn is right.

Gave you a five star rating for that post Tim. Can't resist it when someone says "Lynn is right."

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 430
RE: Other NFL News - 10/12/2016 3:19:31 PM   
JC2015

quote:

No he was not

Losing your career doesn't TURN you into an evil person

More like his career HID that evil person all along

Again, you really don't know these stars

If the Vikings don't make the playoffs this year Zimmer and Spielman should be gone
Post #: 431
RE: Other NFL News - 10/12/2016 3:21:19 PM   
JC2015

Amazing how people make excuses for someone they like

If the Vikings don't make the playoffs this year Zimmer and Spielman should be gone
Post #: 432
RE: Other NFL News - 10/12/2016 3:26:22 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: JC2015
Amazing how people make excuses for someone they like

Kirby was a favorite of his teamates and was a fan favorite. He was so well liked they hired him into the FO....doesn't mean he was perfect of course.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 433
RE: Other NFL News - 10/12/2016 5:37:34 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: JC2015

quote:

No he was not

Losing your career doesn't TURN you into an evil person

More like his career HID that evil person all along

Again, you really don't know these stars

Tell us all how well you knew Kirby JC. Did you guys hang out? Go Bowling together? Kirby was on my brother in laws bowling team. He will tell you Kirby was a good guy. I met Kirby only long enough to say hi a few times. Others that actually knew him will tell you he was a good guy. You don't know this star so quit acting like you do.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 434
RE: Other NFL News - 10/12/2016 5:43:04 PM   
drviking

wrong thread

Cowpukes suck!

< Message edited by drviking -- 10/12/2016 5:45:31 PM >

"Only one thing left to do..."
Post #: 435
RE: Other NFL News - 10/12/2016 6:02:12 PM   
Steve Lentz

Interesting how a Viking thread morphs into a Kirby is an asshole conversation.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 436
RE: Other NFL News - 10/12/2016 6:06:58 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: drviking

wrong thread

Cowpukes suck!

Cowpukes do suck. Total agreement. However this week I want them to win.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 437
RE: Other NFL News - 10/12/2016 7:42:11 PM   
David Levine

Watching The Brothers Bennett on E:60.

Man, for as bad as their on air talent is, ESPN seems to always knock their other programming out of the park.
Post #: 438
RE: Other NFL News - 10/22/2016 10:13:04 AM   
Mark Anderson

I got a kick out of some user comments on PFT made about Antonio Cromartie saying he got cut because he kneeled for the National Anthem.

1) "No, he got cut because he was kneeling while the opposing offense was playing."

2) "When I read cut, I was thinking vasectomy. (Referring to all the kids he has with a lot of different women)"
Post #: 439
RE: Other NFL News - 10/23/2016 8:13:37 AM   
DavidAOlson

Annie Apple on NY Giants, John Mara, and her experience. Must read.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/10/23/annie-apple-john-mara-giants-josh-brown

I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it. --- Alice
Post #: 440
RE: Other NFL News - 10/23/2016 8:23:10 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

wrong thread

Cowpukes suck!

Hense the 1 star rating
Post #: 441
RE: Other NFL News - 11/5/2016 12:37:11 PM   
Ricky J

P Harvin to play for the Bills (?)
Post #: 442
RE: Other NFL News - 11/5/2016 1:16:44 PM   
drviking

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

wrong thread

Cowpukes suck!

Hense the 1 star rating

1 star?....i always knew they were over-rated

"Only one thing left to do..."
Post #: 443
RE: Other NFL News - 11/10/2016 1:44:19 PM   
David Levine

Three days before Super Bowl LI, ESPN Films will premiere the 30 for 30 documentary “This Was the XFL,” directed by Charlie Ebersol, chronicling the short-lived, ill-fated pro football league. The documentary, airing on February 2 at 9 p.m. ET on ESPN, tells the story in fascinating, candid, and often rollicking fashion featuring fellow television legends and close friends – Dick Ebersol and Vince McMahon.

A bold challenge, a fearless experiment and ultimately, a spectacular failure. In 2001, sports entertainment titans Ebersol and McMahon launched the XFL. It was hardly the first time a league had tried to compete with the NFL, but the brash audacity of the bid, combined with the personalities and charisma of Ebersol and McMahon and the marketing behemoths of their respective companies — NBC and WWE — captured headlines and a sense of undeniable anticipation about what was to come.

Bringing together a cast of characters ranging from the boardrooms of General Electric to the practice fields of Las Vegas, “This Was the XFL” is the tale of — yes — all that went wrong, but also, how the XFL ended up influencing the way professional team sports are broadcast today. And at the center of it all – a decades long friendship between one of the most significant television executives in media history and the one-of-a-kind WWE impresario. This film will explore how Ebersol and McMahon brought the XFL to life, and why they had to let it go.
Post #: 444
RE: Other NFL News - 11/10/2016 2:57:32 PM   
Tim Cady

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

quote:

Gave you a five star rating for that post Tim. Can't resist it when someone says "Lynn is right."

Go the extra mile, it's never crowded!
Post #: 445
RE: Other NFL News - 1/10/2017 7:15:11 PM   
Ricky J

Post #: 446
RE: Other NFL News - 2/27/2017 8:57:40 PM   
Ricky J

Pro Football Rumors‏ @pfrumors 12m12 minutes ago
More
Former Bears HC Marc Trestman Returns To CFL http://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/02/former-bears-hc-marc-trestman-returns-to-cfl
Post #: 447
RE: Other NFL News - 3/2/2017 9:32:09 PM   
SoMnFan

Continuing their roster purge, the New York Jets intend to release wide receiver Brandon Marshall, sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter on Thursday night.

The move comes only one year after he re-wrote the franchise record book for receiving. The team informed Marshall weeks ago that it was interested in having him back for 2017, a source said. In fact, it was willing to give him a contract extension, another source told Schefter.

In the end, the team granted Marshall's wish to play elsewhere. The Jets are rebuilding with young players, and Marshall, who turns 33 on March 23, is looking for a better fit, according to a source.

Marshall joined Darrelle Revis, Nick Mangold, Breno Giacomini and Nick Folk as off-season, salary-cap casualties, as the Jets -- coming off a 5-11 season -- attempt a youth movement. They've cleared more than $45 million this offseason in cap space.

The Jets saved $7.5 million by parting ways with Marshall, who was due to earn $7.5 million in the final year of his contract. Marshall said at the end of the season that he hopes to play several more years.

In 2015, Marshall was voted by the Jets as the team MVP, as he set the franchise record for catches (109) and receiving yards (1,502) in a season. From there, the well-traveled veteran suffered perhaps his worst season in 2016, managing only 59 catches, 788 yards and three touchdowns.

Undermined, in part, by poor quarterback play, his catch percentage (receptions/targets) was only 46.7 percent, 143rd among 144 qualifying players.

The Jets evidently felt Marshall was expendable because they have promising young talent at receiver, including Quincy Enunwa and Robby Anderson. But his departure leaves them without a proven No. 1 target.

Eric Decker was a 1,000-yard receiver for the Jets in 2015, but his status is up in the air because of health reasons. He underwent hip and rotator-cuff shoulder last season, and it's unclear when he will return. There's a good chance he will miss training camp.

The Jets acquired Marshall in 2015 from the Chicago Bears, costing them only a fifth-round pick. It was hailed as one of the best trades of the offseason, helping general manager Mike Maccagnan win NFL Executive of the Year. Marshall distanced himself from his reputation as a locker-room cancer, but there were a couple of flare ups last season. He and teammate Sheldon Richardson engaged in a heated argument following the Week 3 loss in Kansas City.

That incident became a turning point for the Jets, players said, as they lost their next three games to ruin the season. Cornerback Darrelle Revis said the Marshall-Richardson altercation, which created hard feelings between them, cast "a black cloud" over the team.

Marshall is one of the most prolific receivers in the game -- only 59 receptions shy of 1,000 -- but he has yet to reach the postseason in his 11-year career.
Post #: 448
RE: Other NFL News - 4/14/2017 7:40:47 AM   
Ricky J

Around The NFL‏Verified account @AroundTheNFL 22h22 hours ago
Chris Simms on Phil Simms' broadcasting career: 'Dad will be fine ... He's not going anywhere'

I didn't mind Simms. I think it's silly to throw Romo into their number 1 slot without any experience.

ps - tell me again what's so great about Tony Romo? I'm just not seeing it.
Post #: 449
RE: Other NFL News - 4/14/2017 2:57:59 PM   
kgdabom

I think the passing of Dan Rooney deserves a mention. One of the truly class acts in the NFL. He is greatly missed.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 450
Page:   <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode