Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Other NFL News

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  29 30 [31] 32 33   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Other NFL News - 8/8/2018 11:26:18 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: stfrank

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

Strib tweet:
Aaron Rodgers unhappy with some of his team's young wide receivers after Tuesday's practice, calls effort 'piss-poor.' http://strib.mn/2M1pduJ #Packers

I get somewhat interested when AR isn't happy - but not enough to use up one of my free clicks to the Strib sports page to read about it. I guess it's enough to know he's unhappy. (sad little creature I am, I know ....)

I have a Strib subscription and don't waste a click on Packer news......who cares about them.

When it involves their suffering...I do.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 751
RE: Other NFL News - 8/8/2018 11:44:13 AM   
stfrank

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

Strib tweet:
Aaron Rodgers unhappy with some of his team's young wide receivers after Tuesday's practice, calls effort 'piss-poor.' http://strib.mn/2M1pduJ #Packers

I get somewhat interested when AR isn't happy - but not enough to use up one of my free clicks to the Strib sports page to read about it. I guess it's enough to know he's unhappy. (sad little creature I am, I know ....)

I have a Strib subscription and don't waste a click on Packer news......who cares about them.

When it involves their suffering...I do.

Okay, I'll take.
Post #: 752
RE: Other NFL News - 8/8/2018 7:27:37 PM   
David Levine

Sources: Jets open to trading Teddy Bridgewater for right price

Teddy Bridgewater’s audition for prospective employers will begin in earnest in the Jets preseason opener Friday night, prompting inquiring minds to wonder whether it’s only a matter of time before the former first-round pick is traded.

The Jets don’t quite have an embarrassment of riches at the game’s most pivotal position, but they do have flexibility thanks to Bridgewater, who has designs on being an NFL starter after a grievous knee injury two summers ago nearly derailed his promising career.

There’s no real trade market for Bridgewater, who will get a heavy workload in the preseason opener against the Falcons on Friday, until he proves to teams that his surgically repaired knee can hold up to contact. Although he has shown no ill effects in practices from an injury that sidelined him for all but nine snaps in the past two seasons, the red no-contact jersey comes off Friday night.

There are too many variables to definitively know Bridgewater’s immediate future, but the Jets are amenable to moving the former Vikings quarterback in the right circumstance, according to sources.

The team will weigh the benefits of keeping a one-year rental versus acquiring an asset that could help them in the future (draft pick) or right now (player).

The Jets agreed to terms one one-year deals with Josh McCown and Teddy Bridgewater this offseason, but the 25-year-old Bridgewater potentially holds real trade value over the 17-year-old veteran.

“I know that’s a question that comes up,” general manager Mike Maccagnan recently said about whether he’d be willing to trade one of his three signal-callers. “Any time you have a number of players that you like at a position, it’s a natural thing (to think), ‘Hey, they may have a — I’m not saying we have a surplus… but some teams carry two quarterbacks. (So) you have the ability to potentially (think), ‘Oh, hypothetically we could do that.’

“But our big thing, quite frankly, is to see how all these players develop,” Maccagnan continued. “We like a lot of things that Teddy’s done this offseason. We obviously know Josh from having him last year and what he brings to the table. But I would say from that standpoint, it’s very early. We kind of want to see how these guys still grow and develop.”

Truth be told, the Jets want to fully evaluate Sam Darnold in the preseason before pulling the trigger on any potential trade involving Bridgewater. If Darnold impresses this month, the Jets would absolutely be open to trading Bridgewater, who’s scheduled to count $6 million against the cap. My understanding is that if Darnold needs more seasoning, then the Jets would hesitate to keep and start Bridgewater in the Monday night season opener against the Lions next month.

The best-case scenario for Gang Green, of course, is for Darnold and Bridgewater, who each will get a heavy workload against the Falcons on Friday, to impress in the preseason. That scenario would make it much more likely that Bridgewater is moved if a team comes calling for his services with an offer than makes sense.

“I live in the moment,” Bridgewater said about the possibility of being traded. “You control what you can control. For me, it is coming to work every day and putting forth my best effort, leading my group up and down the field, throwing completions and getting us in and out of the right plays. That is what I look forward to right now. Everything else will take care of itself. Right now, I have to live in the moment and trust the process.”

The league landscape will also play a role in whether the Jets ultimately keep or deal Bridgewater, who is 17-12 as a starter with playoff experience. The Jets would seemingly be the first call that any playoff-caliber team makes if it suffers an unforeseen injury to its starter this month. Remember, the Vikings ponied up a first- and conditional-fourth round pick two years ago for then-Eagles starter Sam Bradford after Bridgewater went down in practice in late August.

A team looking for a backup quarterback upgrade might also come calling. Could the Jets flip Bridgewater, who is scheduled to earn a $5 million base salary after only collecting $1 million this summer, for some draft capital?

It’s unrealistic to expect the haul that the Eagles got for Bradford unless a team becomes uber-desperate like Minnesota a couple years ago. Bridgewater is scheduled to be an unrestricted free agent in 2019, so a third-round pick would likely be the best draft compensation that they could get. Of course, trading Bridgewater for a player in the final year of his deal (see: Jaguars defensive end Dante Fowler Jr., if Blake Bortles went down) would also make sense.

The Jets, who will play all three quarterbacks in the preseason opener, could conceivably keep all their signal-callers given that McCown, Bridgewater and Darnold only account for 21.5 million against this year’s salary cap (12.1 percent of the team’s total cap, according to overthecap.com).

“Definitely from a salary cap standpoint, we have no problem about carrying three quarterbacks,” Maccagnan said. “But we’ll see how it plays out over time.”

Moving Bridgewater might be the best path for the player and the team.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-sports-teddy-bridgewater-trade-20180808-story.html?utm_content=bufferef26f&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=mmehta+twitter
Post #: 753
RE: Other NFL News - 8/9/2018 9:15:29 PM   
Pager

Guice already with knee injury? Hope it's not serious, I've thought he was the second best RB in the draft and a franchise type player.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000946179/article/injuries-were-tracking-from-week-1-of-preseason

Speaking of RBs. Hope the Giants can steal a game (or two) from the Eagles:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000946308/article/saquon-barkley-makes-immediate-impact-for-giants

NFC's top team could be 11 or 12 wins. Expect a lot of attrition.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 754
RE: Other NFL News - 8/10/2018 9:09:16 AM   
Ricky J

Matt Walsh @MWalshMedia
Cam Newton shares words with Bill's Kelvin Benjamin video by @jsiner #keeppounding

https://twitter.com/MWalshMedia/status/1027678996190953479
Post #: 755
RE: Other NFL News - 8/10/2018 1:16:20 PM   
kgdabom

49ers hit with injuries that may affect the Vikings game.

Coach Kyle Shanahan said George Kittle (shoulder) will miss "some time."

The 49ers were slammed with injuries in their preseason opener against Dallas. Both Kittle and key RB Matt Breida suffered shoulder injuries that Shanahan said will cost both players "some time." Kittle has all the traits to be a difference-making tight end, but health has been a bit of an issue since entering the NFL. Garrett Celek and Cole Hikutini are next up at tight end.
Source: Matt Barrows on Twitter
Aug 10 - 10:44 AM

Matt Breida suffered a shoulder injury in the 49ers' preseason opener Thursday night.
Per coach Kyle Shanahan, Breida will be out "some time." Sophomore TE George Kittle also injured his shoulder Thursday and will be week to week. Breida played three snaps before getting hurt. By most accounts, the second-year back was having a strong camp after flashing as Carlos Hyde's change-of-pace as a rookie. Raheem Mostert and Joe Williams are next up on the depth chart.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 756
RE: Other NFL News - 8/10/2018 6:57:15 PM   
joejitsu

Damn, Teddy! Nice series. I hope he does well, whoever he plays for.
Post #: 757
RE: Other NFL News - 8/10/2018 7:22:31 PM   
Teddy appears pretty mobile. No glaring affects from the knee.

If this continues I don’t see 25 better starting QB’s in the NFL to stop him from starting somewhere.
  Post #: 758
RE: Other NFL News - 8/10/2018 8:01:39 PM   
Ian Joseph

Damn. Sorry I missed him. So pulling for him.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 759
RE: Other NFL News - 8/10/2018 8:34:29 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000947066/Bridgewater-s-first-drive-as-a-Jet-ends-in-a-TD
Post #: 760
RE: Other NFL News - 8/10/2018 10:29:19 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000947066/Bridgewater-s-first-drive-as-a-Jet-ends-in-a-TD

They were all very short passes, though, weren't they.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 761
RE: Other NFL News - 8/11/2018 8:19:46 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

quote:

quote:

Hater. 10 YPA

< Message edited by thebigo -- 8/11/2018 8:26:39 AM >
Post #: 762
RE: Other NFL News - 8/11/2018 8:25:08 AM   
stfrank

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hater.

Not hating on him, but they were all of the check-down Charlie variety. Pretty much the same Teddy we saw when he was here, quick reads and take the short, safe pass.
Post #: 763
RE: Other NFL News - 8/11/2018 8:27:52 AM   
kevinemmer

quote:

quote:

quote:

C'mon now Bruce, get on the T-Train!

Seriously, he looks like he's back.

2nd series he threw a laser-strike over the middle, nothing deep yet.
Post #: 764
RE: Other NFL News - 8/11/2018 11:01:22 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hater.

Not hating on him, but they were all of the check-down Charlie variety. Pretty much the same Teddy we saw when he was here, quick reads and take the short, safe pass.

I've seen many games where Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers are check down Charlies. That style can be deadly.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 765
RE: Other NFL News - 8/11/2018 11:14:01 AM   
stfrank

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hater.

I've seen many games where Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers are check down Charlies. That style can be deadly.

Oh I agree. I thought Teddy looked really good last night. I hope he gets another chance to start in this league. After all he has done just to come back to where he is I'm pulling for him all the way. If it wasn't for Teddy, there is no way I would have watched any of that game last night......
Post #: 766
RE: Other NFL News - 8/11/2018 11:51:32 AM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hater.

Oh I agree. I thought Teddy looked really good last night. I hope he gets another chance to start in this league. After all he has done just to come back to where he is I'm pulling for him all the way. If it wasn't for Teddy, there is no way I would have watched any of that game last night......

I think that is a foregone conclusion. I bet the Jets trade him for a 2nd round pick.
Post #: 767
RE: Other NFL News - 8/11/2018 12:10:27 PM   
Ian Joseph

More like a 5th.

Believe.
Post #: 768
RE: Other NFL News - 8/11/2018 12:11:00 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hater.

I think that is a foregone conclusion. I bet the Jets trade him for a 2nd round pick.

They should be starting him. He's the best QB on the team.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 769
RE: Other NFL News - 8/11/2018 12:50:43 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hater.

They should be starting him. He's the best QB on the team.

They may look at their team THIS season, decide they will not be ready to really compete until next year, and just decide to get Darnold some seasoning, have him ready to hit his stride next year. Because if the 2 QBs are fairly comparable (Teddy and Darnold) they will go with the guy they got the greatest equity in.
Post #: 770
RE: Other NFL News - 8/11/2018 12:53:33 PM   
thebigo

quote:

More like a 5th.

If Teddy looks like he is the QB he was before the injury (initial indications look good), considering he is still only 25, he'll bring a 2nd. Especially if another team gets an injured starter. Otherwise the Jets might as well not trade him.
Post #: 771
RE: Other NFL News - 8/11/2018 2:38:01 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Watching the Chefs/Texans right now. My gosh does Mahomes look bad.
Post #: 772
RE: Other NFL News - 8/11/2018 2:43:20 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

There is a lot of offensive talent on the Chiefs. It would be a shame if the QB wastes it.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 773
RE: Other NFL News - 8/11/2018 3:57:27 PM   
quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

Mahommes was one of the ONLY camp reports that actually reported their QB was stinking it up.

Later tonight we will see a team that has been gushing with joy about finding their leader/QB in Denver with Keenum.

We’ll see? Not rooting against him except tonight..
  Post #: 774
RE: Other NFL News - 8/11/2018 4:07:20 PM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

quote:

More like a 5th.

If Teddy looks like he is the QB he was before the injury (initial indications look good), considering he is still only 25, he'll bring a 2nd. Especially if another team gets an injured starter. Otherwise the Jets might as well not trade him.

Unless a situation arises like us with Teddy in 2016, Teddy will be traded as insurance. Nobody is spending a 2nd round pick on a backup.

Believe.
Post #: 775
Page:   <<   < prev  29 30 [31] 32 33   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  29 30 [31] 32 33   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode