Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Other NFL News

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  31 32 [33] 34 35   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Other NFL News - 8/15/2018 7:57:13 PM   
marty

McCarron or Dalton ?

I liked McCarron, more as a backup, mostly because he was successful in college. Cousins has me a lot more excited, hope he delivers.
Post #: 801
RE: Other NFL News - 8/15/2018 8:05:36 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

McCarron or Dalton ?

I liked McCarron, more as a backup, mostly because he was successful in college. Cousins has me a lot more excited, hope he delivers.

Dalton over McCarron six days a week and twice on Sundays.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 802
RE: Other NFL News - 8/15/2018 9:50:22 PM   
Pager

I'm not sure if this has ever been posted. Gotta read the emails at the end. I'm laughed aloud several time. I will find the Vikings version

https://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2018-green-bay-packers-1828354098

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 803
RE: Other NFL News - 8/16/2018 10:00:55 AM   
Jeff Jesser

Pretty good stuff there!
Post #: 804
RE: Other NFL News - 8/16/2018 12:08:58 PM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

I'm not sure if this has ever been posted. Gotta read the emails at the end. I'm laughed aloud several time. I will find the Vikings version

https://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2018-green-bay-packers-1828354098

Cool. This is done for all 32 teams annually. Always a good read.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 805
RE: Other NFL News - 8/16/2018 12:45:34 PM   
David F.

Here's WYTS Vikings 2017. I don't think 2018 is out yet but 2017 is funny too.

https://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2017-minnesota-vikings-1797851777

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 806
RE: Other NFL News - 8/16/2018 1:09:28 PM   
kgdabom

I keep reading bits on RotoWorld like this.

The New York Daily News' Manish Mehta believes "it’d be an upset" if Sam Darnold does not start Week 1.

"Barring deer-in-the-headlights moments over the next couple weeks," Mehta writes. "The brain trust is happier with this kid with each passing day." Coming off an outstanding debut, Darnold received the bulk of the first-team reps this week and is expected to start the second preseason game on Thursday night. Josh McCown and Teddy Bridgewater are solid options, but the Jets have to start Darnold if he proves ready.
Source: New York Daily News
Aug 16 - 10:49 AM

Darnold had 96 yards on 18 pass attempts and they keep referring to his debut as outstanding. Barely over 5 YPA is outstanding??

Teddy had 85 yards on 7/8 passing and a TD.

Teddy Bridgewater completed 7-of-8 passes for 85 yards and a touchdown in Friday's preseason opener.
Bridgewater was the second quarterback in behind Josh McCown. He had a near-perfect debut, throwing just one incompletion in two series before giving way to Sam Darnold. Bridgewater doesn't have much of a chance to start for the Jets, but his trade value is trending up. The Jets should showcase Bridgewater more in their second preseason game. Aug 10 - 8:39 PM

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 807
RE: Other NFL News - 8/16/2018 1:58:33 PM   
Ian Joseph

Hes the number 3 pick in the draft. Not sure why you dont get the Jets pushing him to start, if he can.

If the Jets can begin their future now, that's what they're going to do. Teddy nor McCown represent that, no matter what preseason stats, practice or anything else suggest.

Believe.
Post #: 808
RE: Other NFL News - 8/16/2018 3:01:39 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

Hes the number 3 pick in the draft. Not sure why you dont get the Jets pushing him to start, if he can.

If the Jets can begin their future now, that's what they're going to do. Teddy nor McCown represent that, no matter what preseason stats, practice or anything else suggest.

I am doubtful that it is in the Jets best long term interest to start Darnold this year. I'm kind of old school let them sit and learn and start when they earn it. I know that isn't how things work these days.
However, why do the media feel compelled to lie about his last outing. It was far from outstanding. It was barely adequate.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 809
RE: Other NFL News - 8/16/2018 4:43:39 PM   
Ian Joseph

I just dont think the local media is viewing it through your lens. So, they will talk him up by cherry picking the things they liked about his play and discuss those exclusively.

It is what it is.

Believe.
Post #: 810
RE: Other NFL News - 8/16/2018 5:40:40 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

I just dont think the local media is viewing it through your lens. So, they will talk him up by cherry picking the things they liked about his play and discuss those exclusively.

It is what it is.

Yep they are cherry picking big time. He actually started well and faded later. The end result was a crappy 5.3 YPA. 7 per completion. Can you say check down Charlie? Outstanding LOL.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 8/16/2018 5:56:52 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 811
RE: Other NFL News - 8/16/2018 8:43:38 PM   
kgdabom

Until Darnold does something actually good I'm on a vendetta against him. Today he led the jets to a 3 point half with an outstanding 48.3 qbr. Teddy in for the second half.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 812
RE: Other NFL News - 8/16/2018 9:30:33 PM   
quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

Until Darnold does something actually good I'm on a vendetta against him. Today he led the jets to a 3 point half with an outstanding 48.3 qbr. Teddy in for the second half.

And Terrell Davis just said how good Darnold looked..

Teddy B just drove them down for a TD.

Oops now he just threw a pick..
  Post #: 813
RE: Other NFL News - 8/16/2018 10:08:17 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

And Terrell Davis just said how good Darnold looked..

Teddy B just drove them down for a TD.

Oops now he just threw a pick..

Yep no matter how bad Darnold does people are sucking up to him. Teddy got them the lead with less than two minutes to go, but as usual teams with two minutes to go and the ball get the FG to win the game. Teddy 87 QBR.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 814
RE: Other NFL News - 8/16/2018 10:15:13 PM   
Mark Rapley

The media always has an agenda...talk up the new players until they prove they suck, then turn on them.

You would not believe how many articles I've seen talking up the Chicago Bears this offseason. Articles talking up the Arizona Cardinals...zilch...
Post #: 815
RE: Other NFL News - 8/16/2018 10:23:39 PM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Rapley

The media always has an agenda...talk up the new players until they prove they suck, then turn on them.

You would not believe how many articles I've seen talking up the Chicago Bears this offseason. Articles talking up the Arizona Cardinals...zilch...

Depends on where you live. My in-laws live in the Arizona vicinity. They talked them up majorly on the news and other local media related outlets.

Believe.
Post #: 816
RE: Other NFL News - 8/16/2018 10:29:47 PM   
Ian Joseph

Foles got hurt tonight. Not sure if that's a strain or he tore something. I don't think he broke a bone.

Believe.
Post #: 817
RE: Other NFL News - 8/16/2018 10:31:03 PM   
Mark Rapley

quote:

quote:

Depends on where you live. My in-laws live in the Arizona vicinity. They talked them up majorly on the news and other local media related outlets.

CBS Sports has been talking up the Bears all offseason. To hear them talk, Nagy is the new McVay that will magically transform Trubisky into a competent QB. I don't see it...
Post #: 818
RE: Other NFL News - 8/16/2018 10:32:26 PM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

quote:

quote:

CBS Sports has been talking up the Bears all offseason. To hear them talk, Nagy is the new McVay that will magically transform Trubisky into a competent QB. I don't see it...

Yeah, I've definitely seen that. We will see.

Believe.
Post #: 819
RE: Other NFL News - 8/17/2018 12:01:51 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah, I've definitely seen that. We will see.

Trubisky's weapons have been upgraded a lot.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 820
RE: Other NFL News - 8/18/2018 11:57:03 AM   
kgdabom

Gordon returning to Browns. I hope it lasts.

Josh Gordon has reported to the Browns' training camp.
Gordon is expected to practice Sunday after skipping the first three weeks of camp for health reasons. The Browns have supported Gordon throughout the process and are welcoming him back. It's a strange situation that Gordon didn't get help before the preseason, but there's been nothing to suggest he's in trouble with the league. Gordon will be moved slowly but has enough time to be on the field for Week 1. Gordon's return should end Cleveland's pursuit of Dez Bryant.
Source: Chronicle Telegram
Aug 18 - 12:26 PM

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 821
RE: Other NFL News - 8/20/2018 3:07:39 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I see a report that Adrian Peterson got a one year contract with the Redskins. I think that there's a reasonable chance he doesn't make the team, though.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 822
RE: Other NFL News - 8/20/2018 4:15:50 PM   
Bruce Johnson

No wonder he was released by the Cardinals. The drop-off sure comes fast for running backs.

According to ESPN Stats & Information, among players with at least 150 rushes over the past two seasons Peterson has averaged only 3.1 yards per carry -- the third-fewest yards per rush attempt in that time.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24427263/adrian-peterson-agrees-sign-one-year-contract-washington-redskins

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 823
RE: Other NFL News - 8/20/2018 4:50:17 PM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

I see a report that Adrian Peterson got a one year contract with the Redskins. I think that there's a reasonable chance he doesn't make the team, though.

He will make the team. The bigger question is will they keep him for the entire season.

Believe.
Post #: 824
RE: Other NFL News - 8/20/2018 5:25:11 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

He will make the team. The bigger question is will they keep him for the entire season.

Peterson actually won Offensive Player of the Week for the Cards last year and had another huge game.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 825
Page:   <<   < prev  31 32 [33] 34 35   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  31 32 [33] 34 35   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode