Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Other NFL News

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  33 34 [35] 36 37   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Other NFL News - 8/28/2018 7:09:08 AM   
Bill Jandro

Odell Beckham

signs a five-year contract extension worth up to $95 million, with $56.5 million in new guaranteed money, per sources, that shattered all the meaningful contract metrics for an NFL wide receiver.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 851
RE: Other NFL News - 8/28/2018 10:28:21 PM   
marty

You want a QB to have time to complete a 4th and long on you, make sure to only rush 3 or 4:

https://youtu.be/fy7OvAgnRAw

A YouTube collection of 4th and 17 or greater completions, 34 of them. 32 of them involving QBs ALL had either a 3 or 4 man pass rush on them, NONE had a 5 man rush or greater.

Only 2 of them had more than 4 rushing, I believe neither was a QB. One was the punter King from Oakland running for a 1st, and the other was the Fackers, a fake FG attempt.
Post #: 852
RE: Other NFL News - 8/28/2018 10:43:40 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Odell Beckham

signs a five-year contract extension worth up to $95 million, with $56.5 million in new guaranteed money, per sources, that shattered all the meaningful contract metrics for an NFL wide receiver.

The most talented guy to not make his team a better team. The Stephon Marbury of the NFL.
Post #: 853
RE: Other NFL News - 8/29/2018 6:14:44 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

You want a QB to have time to complete a 4th and long on you, make sure to only rush 3 or 4:

A YouTube collection of 4th and 17 or greater completions, 34 of them. 32 of them involving QBs ALL had either a 3 or 4 man pass rush on them, NONE had a 5 man rush or greater.

Only 2 of them had more than 4 rushing, I believe neither was a QB. One was the punter King from Oakland running for a 1st, and the other was the Fackers, a fake FG attempt.

Reminds me of that Det game where Zim only rushed Joseph

Post #: 854
RE: Other NFL News - 8/29/2018 9:27:22 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Only 2 of them had more than 4 rushing
, I believe neither was a QB. One was the punter King from Oakland running for a 1st, and the other was the Fackers, a fake FG attempt.

Reminds me of that Det game where Zim only rushed Joseph

I find it interesting that none of them had a 5 man rush or greater while only 2 of them had more than 4 rushing.
Taking this into account I simply don't believe any stat I read about these.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 855
RE: Other NFL News - 8/29/2018 10:39:40 AM   
kgdabom

Can somebody explain LeVeon Bell's holdout for me. Is he on some sort of Franchise tag or does he have to sign it before it takes effect.
The Steelers can give him no more or less than the franchise tag calls for correct?
So what is Bell hoping to gain from holding out?
Is it just so he can have fun skipping training camp/preseason?
Is he being fined while being away?

EDIT: OK found some answers on RotoWorld.

Le'Veon Bell denied a report that he'll be joining the Steelers on Labor Day.

Bell called the report "fake news" on his Twitter account. The disgruntled running back has yet to sign his franchise tender while holding out from all offseason activity. He pulled the same stunt in 2017 and was seemingly unaffected by the layoff, so fantasy owners shouldn't have any trepidation drafting him with one of the top two picks. James Connor could be worth adding as a hand-cuff in the off chance that Bell's holdout stretches into the regular season.
Source: Le'Veon Bell on Twitter
Aug 28 - 7:12 PM

He is not under contract so no fines apply.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 8/29/2018 11:01:21 AM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 856
RE: Other NFL News - 8/29/2018 10:43:35 AM   
kgdabom

Mychal Kendricks admits to insider trading and is charged. Will he do time?

US Attorney Bill McSwain announced Browns LB Mychal Kendricks has been charged with insider trading.

We're not sure about the details here, but this comes out of nowhere. Kendricks released a statement, admitting "four years ago, I participated in insider trading, and I deeply regret it." Kendricks continues, saying he invested money with a former friend and vows to repay the illegal funds. This is obviously a serious issue, but we have no clue how it affects Kendricks' football status right now. Kendricks signed a one-year deal in Cleveland back in June.
Source: Jim Donovan on Twitter

Aug 29 - 10:46 AM

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 857
RE: Other NFL News - 8/29/2018 11:18:19 AM   
kgdabom

WR contracts getting out of control. Another example.

Seahawks signed WR Tyler Lockett to a three-year, $31.8 million extension through 2021.

The deal is worth a max value of $37.8 million and contains $20 million guaranteed. It's a lot of dough for a receiver who has yet to really find his game on offense. Lockett has failed to top 600 yards receiving each of the past two seasons and has just three touchdown catches over his last 31 games after scoring six as a rookie. However, Lockett has all the tools to make a leap and doesn't turn 26 for another month. He also is one of the league's most electric returners. Lockett appears locked into No. 2 receiver duties in Seattle's overhauled offense.
Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter
Aug 29 - 11:58 AM

This is almost 11 million a year for a complete nobody and could be almost 13 million a year if incentives are met.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 858
RE: Other NFL News - 8/29/2018 12:25:34 PM   
kgdabom

Aaron Rodgers extension done deal. Makes him by far the highest paid football player ever.

Packers signed QB Aaron Rodgers to a four-year, $134 million extension through 2023.

Rodgers' former teammate and current NFL Network analyst James Jones reports Rodgers gets over $100 million guaranteed. Rodgers is now the league's highest-paid player at $33.5 million per year in new money, topping the $30 million per year Matt Ryan got from the Falcons earlier in the offseason. Rodgers is now signed through his age-40 season. New Packers GM Brian Gutekunst has been a breath of fresh air for Green Bay and is acing his initial tests.
Source: James Jones on Twitter
Aug 29 - 1:14 PM

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 859
RE: Other NFL News - 8/29/2018 1:48:45 PM   
kgdabom

Teddy Bridgewater traded to the Saints. No details available. What a terrible place for him to get traded to for this season. Brees never misses a game. However, if he hangs tough he is the heir apparent.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 860
RE: Other NFL News - 8/30/2018 10:47:42 AM   
kgdabom

Pretty good article about Adrian Peterson calling out his critics.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/adrian-peterson-on-criticism-from-cris-carter-shannon-sharpe-how-dare-you/ar-BBME5bJ?ocid=ientp

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 861
RE: Other NFL News - 8/30/2018 11:37:37 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/adrian-peterson-on-criticism-from-cris-carter-shannon-sharpe-how-dare-you/ar-BBME5bJ?ocid=ientp

AD sees himself as infallible. The next thing he acknowledges and owns about himself not being perfect in every way will be the first. And that is why he isn't a champion and never will be.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 862
RE: Other NFL News - 8/30/2018 11:40:34 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

AD sees himself as infallible. The next thing he acknowledges and owns about himself not being perfect in every way will be the first. And that is why he isn't a champion and never will be.

Enjoyed Carter's and Sharpe's responses the most in that article.
Trying to be respectful, but they KNOW.
Post #: 863
RE: Other NFL News - 8/30/2018 11:50:43 AM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

AD might be the least self-aware athlete to ever play Pro Sports.

And that's a mighty long list...
Post #: 864
RE: Other NFL News - 8/30/2018 11:53:54 AM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

Enjoyed Carter's and Sharpe's responses the most in that article.
Trying to be respectful, but they KNOW.

This is fun too:

quote:

“A great offensive line is what I’m looking forward to the most,” declared Peterson of a unit that includes stud left tackle Trent Williams.

“I haven’t had a line in a long time. New Orleans had a good offensive line, but I really wasn’t able to get much time down there. But this line is top-notch. It’s going to give me something I haven’t seen since the beginning of my career.”

Maybe he should ask Kirk Cousins about that...
Post #: 865
RE: Other NFL News - 8/30/2018 11:58:15 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

There are levels of champion. I was my high school chess champion. It doesn't mean I am ready to challenge Deep Blue.
Peterson has been a rushing champion and he has made it to the NFC championship game.
In some ways his unwavering confidence in himself is what leads to a lot of his success.
In other ways it is to his detriment.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 866
RE: Other NFL News - 8/30/2018 12:00:35 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

There are levels of champion. I was my high school chess champion. It doesn't mean I am ready to challenge Deep Blue.
Peterson has been a rushing champion and he has made it to the NFC championship game.
In some ways his unwavering confidence in himself is what leads to a lot of his success.

In the biggest moment of his career - he got benched.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 867
RE: Other NFL News - 8/30/2018 12:17:45 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

In the biggest moment of his career - he got benched.

OK

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 868
RE: Other NFL News - 8/31/2018 1:02:54 PM   
kgdabom

Rams got Donald extended. I believe the deal makes him the highest paid not quarterback in the NFL.

Rams signed DT Aaron Donald to a six-year, $135 million extension through 2024.

Donald gets $87 million guaranteed. At $22.5 million per year in new money, Donald is now the league's highest-paid defensive player. He's well worth it after winning Defensive Player of the Year honors last season and being named a first-team All Pro each of the last three seasons. Donald has 39 sacks through four seasons and has established himself as the premier interior lineman in the NFL. With Donald's situation resolved, the Rams are pretty well set moving forward. Todd Gurley was also locked up this summer.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Aug 31 - 12:10 PM

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 869
RE: Other NFL News - 8/31/2018 2:20:45 PM   
Bill Jandro

Whew that's what I call getting paid

Mack will be looking for similar money

Post #: 870
RE: Other NFL News - 8/31/2018 3:30:43 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

Leveraged his holdout perfectly....

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 871
RE: Other NFL News - 8/31/2018 9:02:26 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

As good as he is he had plenty of leverage. Complete stud.

We should have took him instead of Barr.

Post #: 872
RE: Other NFL News - 8/31/2018 9:05:20 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

Mack went 5th. We took Barr at #9.
Post #: 873
RE: Other NFL News - 8/31/2018 9:08:48 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

Donald was whom I was referring

Post #: 874
RE: Other NFL News - 8/31/2018 9:18:11 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

Donald was whom I was referring

That makes a lot more sense. Although if we had them rated similarly, I can see taking the LBer because that cupboard was bare.
Post #: 875
Page:   <<   < prev  33 34 [35] 36 37   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  33 34 [35] 36 37   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode