Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Other NFL News

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Other NFL News - 6/25/2016 11:44:54 AM   
Bill Jandro

Not bad Lynn. However, he needs to figure this one out on his own.

I'm sure the only thing on his mind is where and when is my next fix.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 126
RE: Other NFL News - 6/25/2016 12:09:55 PM   
David F.

He has to make the next step on his own. Where he's at right now - he doesn't care about an NFL career, his family, even his own death. He's at the point in his addiction where his next fix/high/drunk is all that's important to him. Willpower can't save him. Addiction is more powerful than the human will - and that's a biological fact. His addiction will reject any offers of help and will scoff at compassion. He still thinks that he is in control right now. He'll have to blow through all his money, run out of drugs, and do something terrible to get more money. Maybe then he will see that not only is he not in charge - he is completely powerless. I hope he doesn't die before that happens or during. I hope he doesn't kill himself.

I'm rooting for him. He will be the biggest asset to the recovery community of all time. We need him to make it.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 127
RE: Other NFL News - 6/27/2016 8:11:10 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

He has to make the next step on his own. Where he's at right now - he doesn't care about an NFL career, his family, even his own death. He's at the point in his addiction where his next fix/high/drunk is all that's important to him. Willpower can't save him. Addiction is more powerful than the human will - and that's a biological fact. His addiction will reject any offers of help and will scoff at compassion. He still thinks that he is in control right now. He'll have to blow through all his money, run out of drugs, and do something terrible to get more money. Maybe then he will see that not only is he not in charge - he is completely powerless. I hope he doesn't die before that happens or during. I hope he doesn't kill himself.

I'm rooting for him. He will be the biggest asset to the recovery community of all time. We need him to make it.

That's a little dramatic.
Post #: 128
RE: Other NFL News - 6/27/2016 9:12:42 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

I believe in it. A big part of recovery, after you've admitted you are powerless and surrendered, is dealing with shame, guilt, regret, and resentments. Manziel - if he can get there - would be a valuable resource to help others deal with these things. He would also be wonderful on the front end - talking to people before they have succumbed to addiction. Remember the name Len Bias?

Yes it's a little dramatic. The world of addiction and recovery is very dramatic. Johnny Football is very dramatic. It's a perfect fit. He's a great big, larger-than-life, addict losing his family, job, money, and fame. His story is identical to that of a million people sitting in a treatment center - with the exception of the fame (and some of them are famous too!).

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 129
RE: Other NFL News - 6/27/2016 12:22:53 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

I believe in it. A big part of recovery, after you've admitted you are powerless and surrendered, is dealing with shame, guilt, regret, and resentments. Manziel - if he can get there - would be a valuable resource to help others deal with these things. He would also be wonderful on the front end - talking to people before they have succumbed to addiction. Remember the name Len Bias?

I remember Len Bias well. He wasn't an addict at all. I was a student at a Maryland State university at the time, and a hugs fan of the Celtics. He was celebrating being drafted #2 overall by the Celtics, no doubt had instant hangers ons that were more than happy to lay out freebie lines in anticipation of some sort of payback, Bias simply didn't know what he was doing, and OD'd
Post #: 130
RE: Other NFL News - 6/27/2016 12:50:11 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I remember Len Bias well. He wasn't an addict at all. I was a student at a Maryland State university at the time, and a hugs fan of the Celtics. He was celebrating being drafted #2 overall by the Celtics, no doubt had instant hangers ons that were more than happy to lay out freebie lines in anticipation of some sort of payback, Bias simply didn't know what he was doing, and OD'd

I knew when I typed the post that I wasn't getting my point across. I didn't mean to say Bias was an addict - I meant to say that his passing instantly taught millions of people that you can OD and die from drug use. The comparison I was trying to draw was that a person of fame will have a bigger impact because of their fame. My point with Bias was that even though thousands(?) of people died from overdose that year the only name we remember is Len Bias.

Post #: 131
RE: Other NFL News - 6/27/2016 1:21:10 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I knew when I typed the post that I wasn't getting my point across. I didn't mean to say Bias was an addict - I meant to say that his passing instantly taught millions of people that you can OD and die from drug use. The comparison I was trying to draw was that a person of fame will have a bigger impact because of their fame. My point with Bias was that even though thousands(?) of people died from overdose that year the only name we remember is Len Bias.

Not sure everybody remembers Len Bias, probably 95% don't, I was in a particular position of dual trauma (U of MD student/Celtics fan) that his death is stuck in my memory. But point taken. Still a little dramatic though.
Post #: 132
RE: Other NFL News - 6/27/2016 8:42:56 PM   
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Not sure everybody remembers Len Bias, probably 95% don't, I was in a particular position of dual trauma (U of MD student/Celtics fan) that his death is stuck in my memory. But point taken. Still a little dramatic though.

https://youtu.be/TytQFvcyFfE

With my apologies to the rarest of players (The Jordan's, and the Westbrook's) I've never seen someone with as much God given athletic talent as Len Bias.

A real shame. I was in college at the same time, and Bias' death made most of us rethink some things.

Don't see the correlation to the idiot that Manziel is.

Geez dude, you've been given like 20 chances (That we know of) pull it together brother.

I am collecting for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in memory of my fiance who passed away on 9/9/2006. If anyone would like to donate just go to http://pages.lightthenight.org/mn/TwinCiti09/SMiller Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
  Post #: 133
RE: Other NFL News - 6/27/2016 9:27:53 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

With my apologies to the rarest of players (The Jordan's, and the Westbrook's) I've never seen someone with as much God given athletic talent as Len Bias.

A real shame. I was in college at the same time, and Bias' death made most of us rethink some things.

Don't see the correlation to the idiot that Manziel is.

Geez dude, you've been given like 20 chances (That we know of) pull it together brother.

The correlation from Bias to Manziel is that they are both famous so their impact was/will be far reaching.

Post #: 134
RE: Other NFL News - 6/27/2016 10:12:38 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Larry Byrd was like "Start dialing up those championships" after the draft.
Post #: 135
RE: Other NFL News - 6/28/2016 9:31:02 AM   
Karl Juhnke

So how much money did Manziel walk away with, does anyone know? It must have been a big signing bonus guaranteed and a portion of the first contract at least guaranteed. I would think he got at least a couple million, probably more.

That would be more than enough for a reasonable person with sound financial planning to establish a nest egg, and maybe not be completely retired for life, but a great boost to live very comfortably for life, giving you the flexibility and freedom to explore any venture or profession you want.

I bet he blows through it in 3-4 years.

< Message edited by Karl Juhnke -- 6/28/2016 9:32:19 AM >
Post #: 136
RE: Other NFL News - 6/28/2016 10:28:58 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karl Juhnke

So how much money did Manziel walk away with, does anyone know? It must have been a big signing bonus guaranteed and a portion of the first contract at least guaranteed. I would think he got at least a couple million, probably more.

That would be more than enough for a reasonable person with sound financial planning to establish a nest egg, and maybe not be completely retired for life, but a great boost to live very comfortably for life, giving you the flexibility and freedom to explore any venture or profession you want.

I bet he blows through it in 3-4 years.

People also ask
How does Johnny Manziel have so much money?
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Johnny Manziel won't have trouble finding stacks of cash to make a money phone out of over the next few years or reasons to make his signature money hand gesture. He signed his four-year deal Tuesday worth about $8.25 million, including a $4.3 million signing bonus and about $6.7 million guaranteed.
Cleveland Browns agree to terms with quarterback Johnny Manziel
www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/.../cleveland_browns_agree_to_term_7.html

I can't find the story right now but someone gave a try at guessing how long his money would last based on his existing supply and his current lifestyle. I think they figured about five or six years.

Rest assured he'll blow through it all or die trying.

Post #: 137
RE: Other NFL News - 6/28/2016 10:32:13 AM   
David F.

I found it!

http://brobible.com/sports/article/how-long-take-unemployed-johnny-manziel-broke/

“When I go through that calculation, if we assume that his wealth is $10.608 million, that he’s spending $1.733 million a year, that his after-tax rate of return is 4.76% and that he will continue his spending pattern until he reaches zero dollars, the result is approximately 7.4, or seven years and approximately five months.”

Post #: 138
RE: Other NFL News - 6/28/2016 10:52:04 AM   
Karl Juhnke

quote:

I found it!

http://brobible.com/sports/article/how-long-take-unemployed-johnny-manziel-broke/

“When I go through that calculation, if we assume that his wealth is $10.608 million, that he’s spending $1.733 million a year, that his after-tax rate of return is 4.76% and that he will continue his spending pattern until he reaches zero dollars, the result is approximately 7.4, or seven years and approximately five months.”

I give him 5 years tops then. Then...if he's still alive we'll hear news of him being arrested on some shady scams or drug deals as he gets more and more desperate to fund his lifestyle.
Post #: 139
RE: Other NFL News - 6/28/2016 7:46:43 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

I found it!

I give him 5 years tops then. Then...if he's still alive we'll hear news of him being arrested on some shady scams or drug deals as he gets more and more desperate to fund his lifestyle.

If it's just drugs it might last a while but I think he's into gambling also. It could be gone overnight

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 140
RE: Other NFL News - 6/29/2016 8:08:30 AM   
Ricky J

Just scrolling through tweets and found this one interesting:

Scott Kacsmar ‏@FO_ScottKacsmar 44m44 minutes ago
Only stat where Flacco ranks top 10 in since 2013 is most interceptions thrown.
Post #: 141
RE: Other NFL News - 6/29/2016 11:19:48 AM   
El Duderino

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

quote:

I found it!

If it's just drugs it might last a while but I think he's into gambling also. It could be gone overnight

There's also the (strong) possibility that he does something stupid to expose himself to lawsuit, which could also cause it to evaporate nearly instantly.

The Dude Abides
Post #: 142
RE: Other NFL News - 6/29/2016 11:25:29 AM   
David Levine

Apparently he's partying in Cabo right now. A good friend of ours is in the house next door.
Post #: 143
RE: Other NFL News - 6/29/2016 6:27:39 PM   
drviking

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Apparently he's partying in Cabo right now. A good friend of ours is in the house next door.

have him send pics!!!

or sell them to TMZ

"Only one thing left to do..."
Post #: 144
RE: Other NFL News - 6/29/2016 7:21:15 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: drviking

quote:

have him send pics!!!

or sell them to TMZ

TMZ is how he knew. He saw a picture posted and recognized that he was right next door.
Post #: 145
RE: Other NFL News - 6/30/2016 12:07:48 PM   
David Levine

Shocking...

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 10m10 minutes ago
And Johnny Manziel suspended first four games of season for violations of substances of abuse.
Post #: 146
RE: Other NFL News - 6/30/2016 12:24:00 PM   
thebigo

quote:

Shocking...

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 10m10 minutes ago
And Johnny Manziel suspended first four games of season for violations of substances of abuse.

Shocking... that it's only 4 games?
Post #: 147
RE: Other NFL News - 6/30/2016 12:26:20 PM   
Bill Jandro

I didn't know Manziel was even on an NFL roster

Post #: 148
RE: Other NFL News - 6/30/2016 12:29:01 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

He's not.
Post #: 149
RE: Other NFL News - 6/30/2016 12:37:41 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

He's not.

How can he be suspended when he isn't even employed?

I imagine this is done so teams are aware of it.

Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Other NFL News Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode