Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/3/2018 3:59:40 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

New York paper said Belichick told Theilen to Shut the F$&! Up.

We are doing end zone choreography and they are doing whatever it takes to win.

That was on the sideline. Belichik said it twice, easy to read his lips.
Post #: 226
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/3/2018 4:01:06 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

Last year we had a 50/50 pass run ratio. We were 14-4.

This year we are 70/30 pass to run and we are 6-5-1.

Is our schedule tougher? Yes. But we aren't built to throw it around 50 times a game. Not with this OLine.

We aren't built to run 1 time a game. Not with this OLine.
Post #: 227
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/3/2018 4:16:47 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Not getting to Brady meant he could carve up the D.

We tried a few plays that were scripted to be modern day plays, but the way they broke down was like sandlot football.

Kendricks simply chases guys now. Barr shows little, he won't get extended. Gedeon is nobody.

Saying that everyone knows what the other players on D will do looks laughable. Besides, now there are YEARS of video for OCs to dissect showing exactly where the guys precisely line up.

Priefer should be fired. He must simply bring a bad vibe.

Players like Theilen are way too giddy to show their latest post-TD crap. Save it for game WINNING TDs.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 12/3/2018 4:33:39 PM >
Post #: 228
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/3/2018 4:20:08 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Basketball changed with the Warriors.

Football has been changing with the rules, and this year KC officially stamped the change as 'Complete'.

How many of the head coaches of contenders were brought up on the offensive side of the ball. McVay, Reid, Payton, others?
Post #: 229
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/3/2018 4:25:07 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Barr is tied for TWO HUNDRED AND TWENTY SIXTH to TWO HUNDRED AND THIRTY NINTH (226-239) in combined tackles.
Post #: 230
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/3/2018 4:26:09 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Barr has ZERO (0) sacks.

For 2018.
Post #: 231
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/3/2018 4:32:25 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Gerald Hodges and Captain Munnerlyn each have more tackles than Barr.

Yet people are fretting about the Vikings possibly not extending this guy for big $$$?

He has visions of Hollywood. I wouldn't be surprised if the team is biting their tongue not calling out this turd.
Post #: 232
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/3/2018 4:32:25 PM   
David F.

I read that Dan Bailey was the 2nd-most accurate FG kicker all-time in the NFL when the Vikings hired him. He is now the 6th-most accurate FG kicker all-time in the NFL. You can't make this crap up!

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 233
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/3/2018 5:04:50 PM   
David F.

Sage Rosenfels

Verified account

@SageRosenfels18
4h4 hours ago
More
The Vikings need a new OC. Now.

108 replies 119 retweets 942 likes
Reply 108 Retweet 119 Like 942 Direct message

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 234
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/3/2018 5:14:03 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

Basketball changed with the Warriors.

Football has been changing with the rules, and this year KC officially stamped the change as 'Complete'.

How many of the head coaches of contenders were brought up on the offensive side of the ball. McVay, Reid, Payton, others?

Agree Bill. It sucks but it is what it is. We hired Zimmer about 2 years too early. Meaning, the game has changed so quickly he was simply a bad hire. It's not his fault and I loved the hire at the time. He is stuck in the past and doesn't look like he'll change.

Lets be honest here. As bad as the O was yesterday, and they were terrible at times, we tied it up. What happened after was a wash/rinse/repeat. The big money/draft has been spent on D and they let Brady walk down the field like those moving walkways at the airport. There was no resistance what so ever. Anytime we really need this D they get shredded. Did we beat up on the hapless Lions, yes.

We dominate shitty offenses. We get shredded when we need them most. it's a common problem with this team since Zimmer took over.
Post #: 235
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/3/2018 5:20:48 PM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

I read that Dan Bailey was the 2nd-most accurate FG kicker all-time in the NFL when the Vikings hired him. He is now the 6th-most accurate FG kicker all-time in the NFL. You can't make this crap up!

This comes as a huge surprise to those that think old Priefer is doing a good job,
Post #: 236
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/3/2018 5:39:27 PM   
Todd M

https://www.reddit.com/r/minnesotavikings/comments/a2ra81/i_think_this_image_alone_is_a_great_argument_as/

---

Look at all those garbage passes within 5 yards of the los.
Post #: 237
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/3/2018 6:07:42 PM   
Ricky J

The Daily Norseman, a Minnesota Vikings blog
‏@DailyNorseman
Are the #Vikings the worst good team or the best bad team? @eric_j_thompson ponders this and other questions after the 24-10 loss to the #Patriots in his weekly Five Game-Changing Plays article. https://www.dailynorseman.com/2018/12/3/18124

I love the line. I didn't read the article but am posting a link in case someone else wants to ready it:

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2018/12/3/18124325/minnesota-vikings-new-england-patriots-week-13-five-game-changing-plays
Post #: 238
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/3/2018 6:37:07 PM   
Todd M

Easily the worst good team.

Personalities and mindsets, and a bit of bad luck with injuries are holding us back.
Post #: 239
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/3/2018 6:51:46 PM   
stfrank

I always laugh at all the talk about our guys have been in this defense together so long they know what everybody is going to do and where they will be......
News flash guys.......all offenses know that too! LOL
Post #: 240
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/3/2018 6:53:15 PM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: stfrank

I always laugh at all the talk about our guys have been in this defense together so long they know what everybody is going to do and where they will be......
News flash guys.......all offenses know that too! LOL

Well, sorry for bringing it up then. And believing it.
Post #: 241
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/3/2018 7:18:47 PM   
Ragnarök

The most of the NFL has super high quality athletes that can all make the plays to win their teams games. You see it over and over that a guy who seems like a bust on one team leaves for another and lights it up all of a sudden... Why do certain teams always seem like winners and other teams always losers, even though the losers have the best draft stock chances?

COACHING... The coach we played yesterday is famous for doing more with less... well duh they have Brady but what they assemble around him isnt always that special, cast offs and players that previously didnt fit other systems and schemes. The coaching in NE gets the most out of their players and ...

THEY PUT THEIR PLAYERS IN A POSITION TO WIN WEEK IN AND WEEK OUT...

We dont feel like we have that now, we have discourse at best and players just going through the motions for their checks... It shows with everything from the top down in all phases and in the end effects even the team chemistry...

Im not sure the assistant coaches are enjoying their tenure under Zimm at this point and it shows... Not saying its quite as bad a mutiny as what assistant coaches and players did to McCarthy in GB but it does seem that Zimms message is not totally being bought into...

If US fans can feel it and the media rumbles about you think its not even more prevalent in the locker room?

Does it not seem that players are not having FUN this year on our team? Some of you scoff and say they are super highly paid pieces of a whole and they need to just do their job... True but honestly the teams that seem to ascend to the top each year have a feel to them, we had that last year, we dont feel to have that in our building this year...

< Message edited by Ragnarök -- 12/3/2018 7:20:54 PM >
Post #: 242
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/3/2018 7:27:32 PM   
marty

The Rag is right.

I feel like my quest to get Priefer fired, is at the same point when I wanted Richard Solomon fired.

The real problem was Denny Green, just like the real problem now is Mike Zimmer.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 243
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/3/2018 7:29:18 PM   
marty

I want to see the Vikes get John Harbaugh, and do NOT want to see the Packers get him.

Harbaugh knows what it takes, and can make this talented Vikings team a Super Bowl champion.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 244
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/3/2018 7:30:16 PM   
Ragnarök

Zimmer was asked to give his assessment of the job that DeFilippo has done in his first year in Minnesota.

“I think he’s doing a good job,” Zimmer said. “We talk all the time. We talk about things I think are important and he tries to do them.”

That is rather damning quote on Zimm having his hands too much on something he should not ?

That assessment won’t stop Zimmer from getting more involved with the offensive side of the ball. Zimmer said that he could delegate more in-game defensive adjustment responsibilities to defensive coordinator George Edwards in order to do more on offense

Oh please help us all... Here comes the full on Turtle Offense scheme!

< Message edited by Ragnarök -- 12/3/2018 7:40:03 PM >
Post #: 245
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/3/2018 8:29:44 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

I want to see the Vikes get John Harbaugh, and do NOT want to see the Packers get him.

Harbaugh knows what it takes, and can make this talented Vikings team a Super Bowl champion.

Sounds like exactly the kind of change we need...

quote:

Baltimore Ravens coach John Harbaugh: A decision hasn’t been made on Harbaugh’s fate, but he could definitely be on the street. Harbaugh is known for hard-nosed defensive-oriented football teams and would need to bring a qualified offensive coordinator with him who can coach Rodgers. Harbaugh, like McCarthy, is a Super Bowl-winning coach.
Post #: 246
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/3/2018 8:39:33 PM   
David Levine

The last thing we need is another older "hard-nosed defensive-oriented" head coach.
Post #: 247
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/3/2018 9:13:22 PM   
Viking Rich

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

The last thing we need is another older "hard-nosed defensive-oriented" head coach.

No. The three best records in the NFL (Rams, Chiefs and Saints) are led by offensive minded Head Coaches.

Vikings draft next year should restock the cupboards with two Olineman, a TE, a WR and RB.

Give Chandler the Rock
Post #: 248
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/3/2018 9:41:59 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

Is our schedule tougher? Yes. But we aren't built to throw it around 50 times a game. Not with this OLine.

I think we have come to a conclusion then.
Post #: 249
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/3/2018 10:38:28 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think we have come to a conclusion then.

No question.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 250
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode