Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  133 134 [135] 136 137   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/27/2019 6:21:23 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

#3 WR is a problem for sure but it's not the biggest problem. Obviously O-Line is the biggest problem and #3 WR is the the 3rd biggest problem. The #2 problem (which is a significantly bigger problem than #3 WR) is #1 TE. No speed, no elusiveness - no threat. If I'm an opposing D-coordinator I force Rudolph to beat me 100%. The only team we overcame this was Detroit in the 2nd game - when they had absolutely nothing left on their roster.

what about someone like michael crabtree at $3m/yr....

Led league in drops I believe. Eight. As he ages, he will soon intersect with Treadwell.

Correct.
He'll be 32 next season, and quite a bit past his prime, and slow. On the other hand, he's great for 7 yards on 3rd and 8.

some of those seasoned vets just know how to find the open spots...crabtree had 54 receptions for 600 yards last year....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 3351
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/27/2019 6:24:53 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ragnarök

Ebron TE is signed with Colts for 2019... we should have brought him in last year when Kitties cut him! would have gone a long ways, looked great in 2018 for Colts...

Cincy is looking to move John Ross and his 2M rookie deal, he is fast and would make an interesting #3... for 2018 Ross had 21 catches for 210 yards and seven touchdowns, Speedy guy...

Send Cincy Treadwell and a low round 6th or 7th and call it a day!

Well shoot. walterfootball had him in their list of free agents. http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2019TE.php

if it sticks he's making $7m this season with the colts....

Post #: 3352
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/27/2019 9:01:00 AM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ebron TE is signed with Colts for 2019... we should have brought him in last year when Kitties cut him! would have gone a long ways, looked great in 2018 for Colts...

Cincy is looking to move John Ross and his 2M rookie deal, he is fast and would make an interesting #3... for 2018 Ross had 21 catches for 210 yards and seven touchdowns, Speedy guy...

Send Cincy Treadwell and a low round 6th or 7th and call it a day!

Well shoot. walterfootball had him in their list of free agents. http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2019TE.php

if it sticks he's making $7m this season with the colts....

And worth every penny. 66 catches for 750 yards and 13 TDs last season - and that's with Jack Doyle also on the roster.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 3353
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/27/2019 11:13:07 AM   
ronhextall

Zimmer gets his 2020 option picked up by Vikings according to Startribune.

I guess there is nothing on the line in 2019.

IMO if they don't make the playoffs he should be shown the door. I guess the Wilfs don't share that opinion.
Post #: 3354
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/27/2019 12:22:09 PM   
Ragnarök

Picking up Zimms one year option is hardly a vote of confidence... It only prevents the feelings of a lame duck coach with a second level of coaching applied under him in the Kubiak crowd being under contract for longer than the HC..

From what I have read its a one year option that carries a buy out clause and no guarantees. Coaching contracts count nothing against cap and can be moved on from easily if need be.

Worth noting that Spiels is also on his final year in 2019...

< Message edited by Ragnarök -- 2/27/2019 12:24:36 PM >
Post #: 3355
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/27/2019 12:24:05 PM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Jared Allen's jump into curling is funny and interesting.

Forgot how much I loved that guy. Landing him was an awesome moment in our history.

https://www.facebook.com/minnesotavikings/videos/398780487333729/

Curling is a fun winter sport. If you haven't tried it you should. All ages can play. Great to do as a family also.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 3356
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/27/2019 12:26:48 PM   
bstinger

quote:

Mike Klis, a beat writer covering the Denver Broncos, suggests that the Vikings are showing interest in current Broncos’ offensive lineman Billy Turner. The connection is with new offensive advisor Gary Kubiak, who worked with Turner this past season.

Turner is a Minnesota native who played his high school football at Mounds View High School, and played his college ball at North Dakota State University. He was a third-round pick of the Miami Dolphins in 2014, but was let go by Miami in 2016. After a brief stay in Baltimore. . .he was with the Ravens for three days. . .he was picked up by the Broncos off of waivers.

Turner has the sort of versatility that the Vikings’ coaching staff might want as they attempt to revamp their offensive line. He started four games for the Broncos at right tackle this season, and then started seven games at left guard. He’s not necessarily a sexy name in the free agent market, but if Rick Dennison and company think they can work with him and continue his development, it’s possible the Vikings could take a run at him.

Latavius Murray declares he’s looking for a starting role

Which means he likely won’t be back in Minnesota https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/2/26/18242339/latavius-murray-looking-starting-role-minnesota-vikings

Good luck with that Latavius. I wouldn't bring him back even if he wasn't.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 3357
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/27/2019 2:13:52 PM   
ratoppenheimer

Ben Goessling@GoesslingStrib
For what it's worth, Spielman would not discuss whether the Vikings will use their franchise or transition tags before the start of the league year. In previous years, he's sometimes been willing to rule out those options publicly.

Post #: 3358
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/27/2019 2:38:18 PM   
jbusse

quote:

For what it's worth, Spielman would not discuss whether the Vikings will use their franchise or transition tags before the start of the league year. In previous years, he's sometimes been willing to rule out those options publicly.

Who would they use those tags on, anyway?
Post #: 3359
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/27/2019 3:40:17 PM   
ronhextall

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbusse

quote:

Barreiro had a lady on yesterday saying Anthony Barr is somebody that Zimm might push for tagging.
Post #: 3360
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/27/2019 4:39:50 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I would agree.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/2/26/18242560/pro-football-focus-mackensie-alexander-minnesota-vikings-most-improved-player

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 3361
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/27/2019 4:40:09 PM   
jbusse

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

quote:

quote:

Barreiro had a lady on yesterday saying Anthony Barr is somebody that Zimm might push for tagging.

Doesn't sound like a smart football move, given Barr's production.
Post #: 3362
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/27/2019 4:42:00 PM   
jbusse

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

I would agree.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/2/26/18242560/pro-football-focus-mackensie-alexander-minnesota-vikings-most-improved-player

Who is the least improved? Elflein or Remmers?
Post #: 3363
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/27/2019 6:16:39 PM   
Ragnarök

https://www.dailynorseman.com/minnesota-vikings-2019-offseason-nfl-draft-free-agency/2019/2/27/18243214/why-did-minnesota-vikings-extend-mike-zimmer

Review and talk amongst yourselves...
Post #: 3364
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/27/2019 6:52:00 PM   
Murph

quote:

https://www.dailynorseman.com/minnesota-vikings-2019-offseason-nfl-draft-free-agency/2019/2/27/18243214/why-did-minnesota-vikings-extend-mike-zimmer

Review and talk amongst yourselves...

Much more rational article from the same site on the same subject below.

The author of the article you posted reminds me of Brad H or CPAMAN

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/2/27/18243142/minnesota-vikings-mike-zimmer-contract-option-2020-season

Hey Wilf's, let's build a "Perennial Super Bowl contender" not a "perennial playoff contender".
Post #: 3365
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/27/2019 7:22:44 PM   
Todd M

quote:

The author of the article you posted reminds me of Brad H or CPAMAN

Toxic fatalism. Sure they do let us down or hurt us every year but can you imagine where everything is tainted by your disappointment?

I might not be ready to roll with them with an open mind and heart (yet) but I'm looking forward to next season. I'm not pre-booking my disappointment sandwich.
Post #: 3366
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/27/2019 8:55:34 PM   
kwheats

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/2/27/18243957/minnesota-vikings-shopping-trae-waynes-scouting-combine#
Post #: 3367
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/27/2019 9:03:57 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: kwheats

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/2/27/18243957/minnesota-vikings-shopping-trae-waynes-scouting-combine#

Just checked some old articles from Mayock on Waynes. Very high on him.

Waynes for LG Osemele

2019 10.2M cap hit
2020 11.7M cap hit

LT Reiff/Dillard
LG Osemele
C Paradis
RG Elf
RT O'Neill

or

LT O'Neill/Reiff
LG Osemele
C Paradis
RG Elf
RT Cody Ford

< Message edited by Mark Anderson -- 2/27/2019 9:08:31 PM >
Post #: 3368
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/27/2019 9:34:33 PM   
Jason Dorn

quote:

Picking up Zimms one year option is hardly a vote of confidence... It only prevents the feelings of a lame duck coach with a second level of coaching applied under him in the Kubiak crowd being under contract for longer than the HC..

From what I have read its a one year option that carries a buy out clause and no guarantees. Coaching contracts count nothing against cap and can be moved on from easily if need be.

They have plenty of confidence in Zimmer. Could it be the Wilfs actually respect what Mike Zimmer has done for the organization. He took over a team that was 32nd in defense with M Cassel and Ponder at QB. AD sabotaged his first season which started with a 30-6 win on the road- then AD blew it up. 2016 Teddy dislocated his knee- yeah that happens all the time. Last season well was last season. In between are the season I expect from Coach Zimmer's teams going forward and IMO so does he.

They picked up his option. It means if things go south he is protected. Players are fickle and team dynamics can be complicated.

Winning cures everything and really all he is judged by. Saying he turtles up or is a gutless leader well that is what sites like this are for. An outlet for sports fanatics to voice their concerns of the team. As a lifelong Minnesota sports fan - there are plenty of disappointments and concerns.

Zimmer still has life and opportunity as all the current roster does and frankly its a rare one- Win the whole Fn thing for the first time.

That's why we are here and why we endure. Who knows but this franchise has never won it all despite being a very successful franchise overall. That said- if or when the Vikings do this- I think it will be surreal. Man I hope to drink from that cup of victory. Never Give up! Corny I know but WTF I guess you never know other than death(which you dont know the time) and taxes- (you better get those paid on time).

Skol ... Vikings can win the Super Bowl.
Post #: 3369
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/27/2019 10:10:38 PM   
Murph

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Dorn

quote:

They have plenty of confidence in Zimmer. Could it be the Wilfs actually respect what Mike Zimmer has done for the organization. He took over a team that was 32nd in defense with M Cassel and Ponder at QB. AD sabotaged his first season which started with a 30-6 win on the road- then AD blew it up. 2016 Teddy dislocated his knee- yeah that happens all the time. Last season well was last season. In between are the season I expect from Coach Zimmer's teams going forward and IMO so does he.

They picked up his option. It means if things go south he is protected. Players are fickle and team dynamics can be complicated.

Winning cures everything and really all he is judged by. Saying he turtles up or is a gutless leader well that is what sites like this are for. An outlet for sports fanatics to voice their concerns of the team. As a lifelong Minnesota sports fan - there are plenty of disappointments and concerns.

Zimmer still has life and opportunity as all the current roster does and frankly its a rare one- Win the whole Fn thing for the first time.

That's why we are here and why we endure. Who knows but this franchise has never won it all despite being a very successful franchise overall. That said- if or when the Vikings do this- I think it will be surreal. Man I hope to drink from that cup of victory. Never Give up! Corny I know but WTF I guess you never know other than death(which you dont know the time) and taxes- (you better get those paid on time).

+1

Hey Wilf's, let's build a "Perennial Super Bowl contender" not a "perennial playoff contender".
Post #: 3370
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/27/2019 10:58:49 PM   
Ragnarök

Rick Spielman’s Press Conference in Indianapolis

Rickspeak...

Q- What do the Vikings need to do to help Kirk Cousins take his game up a level?

“Kirk has a position, and the contract is going to get a lot of blame, but the blame has to be spread throughout. Our season wasn’t good enough for our standards last year, but statistically if you look at what Kirk did, he threw for over 4,000 yards and 30 touchdowns, but we didn’t win enough games. So I think going back to an offense that he is very familiar with and working under that Shanahan/Kubiak tree, and really him playing better but everybody has to play better. We all have to do better at our jobs. But him highlighting what he does well, but that’s any player – do the things that they do well and that’s what I talked about earlier is you have your schemes, but adjust some of the things in your schemes so you put your players in the best position to have enough success.”

What did he just say? love how he touched (NOT) on the O line and direct effect of neglecting such had on 2018???

< Message edited by Ragnarök -- 2/27/2019 11:01:10 PM >
Post #: 3371
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/28/2019 6:56:56 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

I would agree.

Who is the least improved? Elflein or Remmers?

They both would be 1a and 1b on my list for the turd award

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 3372
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/28/2019 7:16:20 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Dorn

quote:

You sound like Zim's defense attorney

This ext really means nothing as far as their confidence level.

It's more of a move that gives the HC a fighting chance so the players don't tune him out.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 3373
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/28/2019 8:57:01 AM   
jbusse

quote:

Rick Spielman’s Press Conference in Indianapolis

Rickspeak...

Q- What do the Vikings need to do to help Kirk Cousins take his game up a level?

“Kirk has a position, and the contract is going to get a lot of blame, but the blame has to be spread throughout. Our season wasn’t good enough for our standards last year, but statistically if you look at what Kirk did, he threw for over 4,000 yards and 30 touchdowns, but we didn’t win enough games. So I think going back to an offense that he is very familiar with and working under that Shanahan/Kubiak tree, and really him playing better but everybody has to play better. We all have to do better at our jobs. But him highlighting what he does well, but that’s any player – do the things that they do well and that’s what I talked about earlier is you have your schemes, but adjust some of the things in your schemes so you put your players in the best position to have enough success.”

What did he just say? love how he touched (NOT) on the O line and direct effect of neglecting such had on 2018???

If there ever was any doubt that Spielman's remarks provide little insight, then there shouldn't be after that answer. Reminds me of his comments regarding QB play during the 2013 season. Insulting, in some respects, to knowledgeable football fans.
Post #: 3374
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/28/2019 9:47:17 AM   
The Happy Norseman

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

quote:

quote:

Doesn't sound like a smart football move, given Barr's production.

Agreed. Let him walk, save the salary this year and get an extra 3rd round compensatory pick next year.

If the Cubs can win the World Series...
Post #: 3375
Page:   <<   < prev  133 134 [135] 136 137   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  133 134 [135] 136 137   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode