Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  139 140 [141] 142 143   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/10/2019 12:09:35 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Joseph should not be too old, yet.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 3501
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/10/2019 12:13:15 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

But old enough for a renegotiation.
Post #: 3502
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/10/2019 1:00:28 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

I agree that he had a disappointing year last season.

He did make one of the seasons biggest plays, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3WWUaK1NJ0

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 3/10/2019 1:09:05 PM >

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 3503
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/10/2019 3:46:44 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

I agree that he had a disappointing year last season.

He did make one of the seasons biggest plays, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3WWUaK1NJ0

Downhill from there. That run gassed him for the season, maybe career.
Post #: 3504
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/11/2019 10:44:55 AM   
ratoppenheimer

one down, ? to go....

Ben Goessling@GoesslingStrib
Source confirms the Vikings aren’t picking up Andrew Sendejo’s option for 2019, which clears $5.5 million in cap space and makes the safety a free agent.

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 3505
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/11/2019 11:08:36 AM   
ratoppenheimer

thank you sir, may i have another....

Tom Pelissero@TomPelissero
The #Vikings are releasing starting guard Mike Remmers, source said. The O-line overhaul begins.

Post #: 3506
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/11/2019 3:28:22 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

The #Vikings are releasing starting guard Mike Remmers, source said. The O-line overhaul begins.

Don't we take a large cap hit releasing him?

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3507
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/11/2019 4:00:12 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

Don't we take a large cap hit releasing him?

Nope. Just $1.8 million.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 3508
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/11/2019 9:30:53 PM   
bgdavis

quote:

ORIGINAL: 69in09

Hey guys, looking for a little advice.

How do you guys that don't live in Minnesota watch your Vikings games?

I've been paying for the Sunday ticket for a long time now. I don't subscribe to full direct TV, I just pay for the Sunday Ticket which is about $250 a year.

Thing is my dish reception gets worse every year (due to neighbors growing trees) and when it rains or is really overcast, I easily lose reception.

I want to dump the ticket, but I don't want to miss the non- network televised Viking games.

Ideas?

Please post or PM me. thanks

I don't live in Minnesota, but I live close enough that I'm able to get about half of their games on local Fox, CBS or NBC stations. For the rest, I can usually find a free stream somewhere, though the quality and reliability of those can vary a lot.

Heimdall kept the “ringing” horn, Gjallarhorn, which could be heard throughout heaven, earth, and the lower world; he would sound the horn to summon the gods when their enemies drew near.
(Norse mythology)
Post #: 3509
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/12/2019 9:01:28 AM   
SoMnFan

A couple of the TC TV stations played Remmer's "highlights" from his time as a Viking last night, while announcing his exit.

Maybe the most god-awful collection of whiffs, stumbles, miscues, and complet-lack-of-effort in any highlight package ever assembled.
Good GD riddance.
Just because you are 6 foot 5 and 4 bills, doesn't mean you should play the offensive line in a competitive football league.
Post #: 3510
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/12/2019 10:29:38 PM   
Terry Stoneberg

Is this a joke?? I don't ever remember anything like this in all my years of following football.

"Anthony Barr thinks about the idea of playing in New York with the Jets last night got sick, Physically sick, last night," Shefter said on NFL Live. "He did not feel right about the decision at all. That's when they went back to the Vikings and the Vikings stepped up, improved their offer, got the deal done for Anthony Barr."

https://twitter.com/ArifHasanNFL/status/1105669843309617157
Post #: 3511
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/12/2019 10:32:04 PM   
Terry Stoneberg

Looks like it's true.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2825234-anthony-barr-rumors-lb-decides-to-stay-with-vikings-despite-jets-contract-buzz
Post #: 3512
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/12/2019 10:34:55 PM   
McMurfy

Instant Rival now with the Jets and their loser fans at the Draft.

The Curse of Mauer is gone!
Post #: 3513
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/12/2019 11:14:15 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terry Stoneberg

Is this a joke?? I don't ever remember anything like this in all my years of following football.

"Anthony Barr thinks about the idea of playing in New York with the Jets last night got sick, Physically sick, last night," Shefter said on NFL Live. "He did not feel right about the decision at all. That's when they went back to the Vikings and the Vikings stepped up, improved their offer, got the deal done for Anthony Barr."

https://twitter.com/ArifHasanNFL/status/1105669843309617157

Horrible decision by the Vikings.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3514
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/13/2019 1:09:41 AM   
Bruce Johnson

I will be consistent and say that I was sad that he was leaving the team, (and said so) but I am happy he is staying. I've also said he is my favorite player. I do like what happened, today, especially if indeed Nick Easton stays with the team, as well. Wilson did play well as a backup. It's good to have quality backups, because players get hurt. It's interesting that players, especially on the defense want to stay, or come back if they left for Seattle for a short while. I think they love playing for the head coach and I think they believe we have something special here.

Offense? We need new young blood- players that are identified by our new offensive coaching staff as ones they want to build upon.

I also said that I thought that free agency was more critical this year than the draft. The team also made the decision to keep Kyle Rudolph. It may be for just one more year, but I do long for the days where a player would stay with one team for an entire career. Continuity means something, but especially on the offensive line. By focusing that need with the draft, the offensive line has a chance make continuity for a good long time and it's good to keep some of our other better players. The grass is not always greener on the other side of the hill.

I've also said that running backs are close to their prime when they come out of college. We lost our backup running back to free agency. I don't expect that we will pick up one in the first or second rounds, but our starter has a history of getting injured. I hope that the team does trade back just a bit with their first round pick, because we should be adding running back to the list of players we need to select in say the third or fourth rounds.

Post #: 3515
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/13/2019 6:35:43 AM   
Todd M

I'll stick by what I said wrt wanting more out of Barr but honestly, after thinking about it...when does something like that happen. A guy that is looking to move past his rookie contract and gets lured by big $ and a big city...physically gets ill thinking he is doing the wrong thing and wants to come home. It's pretty amazing really. And truth be told I didn't think he really wanted to be here.
Post #: 3516
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/13/2019 7:53:45 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

I'll stick by what I said wrt wanting more out of Barr but honestly, after thinking about it...when does something like that happen. A guy that is looking to move past his rookie contract and gets lured by big $ and a big city...physically gets ill thinking he is doing the wrong thing and wants to come home. It's pretty amazing really. And truth be told I didn't think he really wanted to be here.

It’s not uncommon...especially with children...also, we have such a great facility that most other team are a big drop off...spending five years and the peak of your career in a place you’re just not comfortable with, and for just a few million more, when you’re already going to make more money than you’ll ever really need...there’s no doubt in my mind that Barr made the right decision...the question is, did the Vikings?

Post #: 3517
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/13/2019 9:52:11 AM   
kwheats

Ben Goessling

Verified account

@GoesslingStrib
Follow Follow @GoesslingStrib
More
Terms are in on Anthony Barr's deal: He gets a $13 million signing bonus, and his 2019 cap number is only $5.6 million.
Post #: 3518
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/13/2019 11:11:53 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: kwheats

Ben Goessling

Verified account

@GoesslingStrib
More
Terms are in on Anthony Barr's deal: He gets a $13 million signing bonus, and his 2019 cap number is only $5.6 million.

Brez is a ****ing genius if he really pulled that off.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 3519
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/13/2019 11:20:49 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

Ben Goessling

Verified account

@GoesslingStrib
More

He is just kicking the can down the road but it is a "win now" situation so probably a good strategy.
Post #: 3520
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/13/2019 11:33:54 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

Ben Goessling

Verified account

@GoesslingStrib
More

He is just kicking the can down the road but it is a "win now" situation so probably a good strategy.

Not necessarily....Cap goes up every year.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 3521
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/13/2019 12:12:16 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ben Goessling

Verified account

@GoesslingStrib
More

Also, I believe that the cba expires, or is up for renegotiation next year - that could alter the cap rules somewhat....

Post #: 3522
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/13/2019 12:39:27 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ben Goessling

Verified account

@GoesslingStrib
More

Also, I believe that the cba expires, or is up for renegotiation next year - that could alter the cap rules somewhat....

It is going to get ugly. NFL players have been complaining about non-guaranteed contracts for a while now. And when you look at the NBA and MLB, they probably have a point.
Post #: 3523
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/13/2019 12:46:03 PM   
bstinger

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ben Goessling

Verified account

@GoesslingStrib
More

It is going to get ugly. NFL players have been complaining about non-guaranteed contracts for a while now. And when you look at the NBA and MLB, they probably have a point.

NBA and MLB need to change. Not NFL. IMHO. Paying enormous salaries to players who can no longer play or play well is ridiculous.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 3524
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/13/2019 12:52:55 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ben Goessling

Verified account

@GoesslingStrib
More

NBA and MLB need to change. Not NFL. IMHO. Paying enormous salaries to players who can no longer play or play well is ridiculous.

I agree. Around 2026-28, Bryce Harper will become the #1 villain in Philadelphia. Unless he brings the city a couple rings.
Post #: 3525
Page:   <<   < prev  139 140 [141] 142 143   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  139 140 [141] 142 143   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode