Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  148 149 [150] 151 152   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/10/2019 12:39:48 AM   
ratoppenheimer

Sean Borman@SeanBoarMan
David Carr w/Wobby on #Vikings dot com said the “offensive line will turn into one of the strengths of the team just based on the scheme” that Gary Kubiak & Rick Dennison run.

“I think Dalvin [Cook] is going to flourish in the system,” said Carr, who played under Kubiak in HOU.

Chris Tomasson@christomasson
Using Spotrac cap number projections for #Vikings 8 draft picks & assuming they'll have $1,843,682 cap room after Sean Mannion deal & won't make other moves, I project they must come up with $655,501 more cap room to sign draft picks. As of now need $2,499,183 to sign draft picks

< Message edited by ratoppenheimer -- 4/10/2019 1:01:46 AM >

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 3726
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/10/2019 11:03:47 AM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

Sean Borman@SeanBoarMan
David Carr w/Wobby on #Vikings dot com said the “offensive line will turn into one of the strengths of the team just based on the scheme” that Gary Kubiak & Rick Dennison run.

“I think Dalvin [Cook] is going to flourish in the system,” said Carr, who played under Kubiak in HOU.

Using Spotrac cap number projections for #Vikings 8 draft picks & assuming they'll have $1,843,682 cap room after Sean Mannion deal & won't make other moves, I project they must come up with $655,501 more cap room to sign draft picks. As of now need $2,499,183 to sign draft picks

How would David Carr even know what a good offensive line looks like?
Post #: 3727
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/10/2019 11:32:16 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

Sean Borman@SeanBoarMan

As compared to the fans in here?
Post #: 3728
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/10/2019 11:40:39 AM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

Sean Borman@SeanBoarMan

Its not like we've always had horrible offensive lines. We used to have pretty great ones.

Didn't Carr basically get beat out of the NFL after getting hit so many times?
Post #: 3729
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/10/2019 11:52:57 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sean Borman@SeanBoarMan

Its not like we've always had horrible offensive lines. We used to have pretty great ones.

Yeah took quite a beat down, not sure what his level of insight is.

Still ... any unrealistic crumb or zany morsel of hopefulness ... please don't spoil it ...

Much appreciated.
Post #: 3730
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/10/2019 11:55:23 AM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sean Borman@SeanBoarMan

Still ... any unrealistic crumb or zany morsel of hopefulness ... please don't spoil it ...

Much appreciated.

Its more funny than anything else.

That the guy who is literally the poster boy for playing behind the worst O-Lines in the NFL is giving advice on how we'll have a good one.

What's next? Jeff George giving a lecture on heart?
Post #: 3731
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/10/2019 12:09:38 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sean Borman@SeanBoarMan

Much appreciated.

That the guy who is literally the poster boy for playing behind the worst O-Lines in the NFL is giving advice on how we'll have a good one.

You know, once you explain a joke ... OK, so that went over my head.

Even so, as someone who intimately recognizes 'worst O-Lines' ... maybe Carr is supremely qualified to project improvement. Yeah, I'm going with that one.
Post #: 3732
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/10/2019 12:32:57 PM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sean Borman@SeanBoarMan

Much appreciated.

Onterrio Smith on how to hide your prosthetic penis when going through airport security......
Post #: 3733
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/10/2019 1:15:51 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sean Borman@SeanBoarMan

Much appreciated.

Onterrio Smith on how to hide your prosthetic penis when going through airport security......

Holton Hill on how to pass a drug test

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 3734
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/10/2019 2:00:18 PM   
Bill Jandro

Report: Everson Griffen trade for Kevin Zeiter was discussed

https://247sports.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/Article/Everson-Griffen-trade-for-Kevin-Zeiter-was-discussed-131077307/

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 3735
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/10/2019 3:54:36 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sean Borman@SeanBoarMan

Much appreciated.

Holton Hill on how to pass a drug test

Kyle Rudolph on how to break/slip a tackle.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 3736
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/11/2019 9:05:03 AM   
geoffrey greitzer

...or Jimmy K.
Post #: 3737
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/11/2019 1:52:51 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Forgive me for posting this on a Vikings page, but have you seen this? Jordan Spieth was showing off at the Masters, today.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/04/10/jordan-spieth-pga-the-masters-trick-shot-water/

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 3738
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/12/2019 11:28:31 AM   
marty

Carr isn't giving advice on how to excel behind a poor OL, it sounds like he is just saying he thinks this is an OL that will improve.

Carr focuses on good OL play, and wants his OL improved, because he is the type of player that doesn't seem to perform well under pressure, in college and in the pros as well. A mediocre OL and he is toast.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 3739
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/12/2019 11:53:13 AM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Carr isn't giving advice on how to excel behind a poor OL, it sounds like he is just saying he thinks this is an OL that will improve.

Carr focuses on good OL play, and wants his OL improved, because he is the type of player that doesn't seem to perform well under pressure, in college and in the pros as well. A mediocre OL and he is toast.

Wrong Carr.
Post #: 3740
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/12/2019 11:53:25 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Wrong Carr
Post #: 3741
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/12/2019 2:46:21 PM   
marty

Sorry, I don't know a lot about Carrs.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 3742
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/12/2019 2:48:00 PM   
marty

Sorry, I don't know a lot about Carrs.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 3743
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/12/2019 4:05:45 PM   
David Levine

Ben Goessling@GoesslingStrib
Adam Thielen ihas agreed to a four-year extension from the Vikings. $64 million, and could be worth up to $73 million.
Post #: 3744
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/12/2019 4:19:02 PM   
hrerikl

quote:

Ben Goessling@GoesslingStrib
Adam Thielen ihas agreed to a four-year extension from the Vikings. $64 million, and could be worth up to $73 million.

More details above than on the Team article.
https://www.vikings.com/news/vikings-agree-in-principle-to-multi-year-contract-extension-with-wr-adam-thielen

< Message edited by hrerikl -- 4/12/2019 4:21:39 PM >
Post #: 3745
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/12/2019 4:24:33 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Did that free up cap room for this season?

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 3746
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/12/2019 4:35:47 PM   
Todd M

Again we take care of our own.
Post #: 3747
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/12/2019 4:39:30 PM   
David Levine

Chad Graff✔@ChadGraff
The Vikings now have eight players signed through 2022:
Anthony Barr, Stefon Diggs, Everson Griffen, Danielle Hunter, Eric Kendricks, Linval Joseph, Xavier Rhodes, and Adam Thielen.
Post #: 3748
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/12/2019 4:44:44 PM   
hrerikl

quote:

The Vikings decided to pay their All-Pro receiver Adam Thielen ahead of his original contract expiration. The new deal is worth a maximum of $73 million with $35 guaranteed

quote:

Chris Tomasson

@christomasson
8m8 minutes ago
More
Stefon Diggs' contract extension last year was worth $72 million over five years for an average of $14.4 million. Adam Thielen's four-year, $64 million extension is for a higher average. It's for an average of $16 per year.
Post #: 3749
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/12/2019 4:45:25 PM   
hrerikl

quote:

@billbarnwell

More
Absolutely no issue with giving Adam Thielen a new deal, of course, but the Vikings are now paying two WR’s $30+ million per season, their QB $28 million per season, and their head coach wants them to run the ball more
Post #: 3750
Page:   <<   < prev  148 149 [150] 151 152   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  148 149 [150] 151 152   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode