Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  151 152 [153] 154 155   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/15/2019 8:42:40 AM   
Tom Sykes

x

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 4/15/2019 9:54:06 AM >
Post #: 3801
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/15/2019 9:32:29 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

Former Packers’ standout Forrest Gregg passed away today. He was 85.

Adam Schefter on Twitter

Damnnnn
More offensive line help .... off the table I guess.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 3802
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/15/2019 9:36:13 AM   
joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

Former Packers’ standout Forrest Gregg passed away today. He was 85.

Adam Schefter on Twitter

Damnnnn
More offensive line help .... off the table I guess.

Awesome. That was the Monday morning chuckle I needed.
Post #: 3803
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/15/2019 1:58:31 PM   
Bruce Johnson

When the Vikings were knocking at the door of the end zone, Cousins was very good. Per Pro Football Focus, Cousins’ 82.5 grade in the red zone ranked second in the entire NFL, only behind Drew Brees. Cousins was ahead of Andrew Luck, Patrick Mahomes and Aaron Rodgers.

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/2019/04/15/kirk-cousins-graded-as-the-2nd-best-qb-in-red-zone-last-season/?fbclid=IwAR2iEvUE5wEGfmoL1xRZtqBAycqcBNRONI7fdNSLKGw4nkYBEmWe0wJ_JlM

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 3804
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/15/2019 2:06:48 PM   
SoMnFan

Sorry if this was posted before.

From jackpot to regret: How Anthony Barr spurned Jets to stay with Vikings
Apr 13, 2019
Courtney Cronin

Linebacker Anthony Barr told his agent to accept the deal with the New York Jets, an offer that would pay him an average of $15 million per season for five years. Instantly, the former first-round pick and four-time Pro Bowler regretted his decision.
Less than 24 hours later, Barr's agent told the Jets his client would not accept their offer after all and, instead, would return to the Minnesota Vikings. For far less money.
"Because of the money, he was going to have to test free agency," Vikings coach Mike Zimmer said. "We knew he was going to get more than we could pay him. It shows to his loyalty, what he thinks about ownership, team, organization. It's very rare that guys do that."
Here's a behind-the scenes look at an emotional day for Barr that included a sleepless night, plenty of advice from his mom and one telling test by his agent.
Monday, March 11
Barr, 27, experienced the worst and best day of his life within a matter of 24 hours.
The free agency legal tampering period opened at 11 a.m. CT and ended at 3 p.m. CT two days later on March 13, the official start of the new league year. It's a window that allows for teams to engage in talks with pending unrestricted free agents so financial figures can be negotiated and ironed out ahead of when players can officially sign with their new teams.
Barr was at home in Southern California, in constant contact with his agent, Ryan Williams of Athletes First.
He had a handful of suitors on the open market, but the Jets immediately rose to the top of the list because of their visit and the amount they could to pay him. They were the team Barr had identified as the front-runner if he wasn't able to remain in Minnesota.
New Jets defensive coordinator Gregg Williams envisioned Barr as a multipurpose weapon, capitalizing on his athleticism as a blitzer and also his ability to drop into coverage. The Jets' plan all along was to revamp their linebacker corps with Barr and former Baltimore Raven C.J. Mosley and get them both, not just one or the other.
By the afternoon, it became clear that Barr was going to leave Minnesota for New York. Once the Jets' offer rose to $15 million a season, it was evident the Vikings weren't going to be able to match it.
"It became clear that he wasn't settled with where we were headed. He felt like the right thing was that he should go to New York. But deep down the right thing for him and ultimately what he cared about was to stay in Minnesota."
Ryan Williams, Anthony Barr's agent
Ryan Williams relayed this information to Barr. Instead of being ecstatic over the considerable pay bump, Barr kept asking, "Where's Minnesota?"
At this point, no one believed Barr had any chance of returning to the Vikings.
The agent told Barr the Vikings didn't want to make a low-ball offer given where they were with the Jets. Minnesota was in a bind with its salary cap, set to enter free agency with about $5.2 million in available spending money. Since the Vikings had no resources to offer Barr the franchise tag, worth about $15.8 million, there was no way they would be able to match the Jets' offer.
Williams could tell his client was conflicted.
"There was a moment where I could sense he was hesitating a little bit," he told ESPN. "It became clear that he wasn't settled with where we were headed. He felt like the right thing [going after the money he deserved as a player] was that he should go to New York. But deep down the right thing for him and ultimately what he cared about was to stay in Minnesota."
Around 5 p.m. PT, Williams called Barr.
"If the Jets get to 'X' [which is the figure north of $15 million], are you a New York Jet?" the agent asked.
Barr said yes.
New York Jets want to play ‘Let’s Make a Deal,’ but is that wise?
The Jets hold the No. 3 overall draft pick, but they aren't in the market for a starting QB. Here's a look at their options for trading down.
Ryan Williams got back on the phone. He told the Jets his client was in and they were ready to get the deal done.
Williams had a three-way conference call with Barr and his mother Lori. In the background, Williams struck up the song made famous by Frank Sinatra, "Theme from New York, New York" to set the mood. This was supposed to be a celebration.
Instead, it felt like a funeral.
Barr was quiet on his end of the phone. There was no joy in his tone of voice.
Meanwhile, someone inside the Jets' organization apparently leaked the news that Barr was leaving Minnesota, frustrating all three on the phone call.
Barr instantly felt regret for the decision he had just made.
"He said, 'I feel like I just made the worst mistake of my life,'" Williams said.
Barr was torn up that he had given the Jets his word and was wavering on his decision. Williams immediately went to work unwinding the web, hanging up with Barr and his mother to call back the Jets to let them know his client was having second thoughts. The Jets went into their own form of crisis management and were willing to do anything, including fly Barr out for a free-agent visit later in the week, to convince him to sign in New York.
The Jets were told Barr needed the night to think about his decision.
Vikings coach Mike Zimmer, left, made sure to let Anthony Barr know he was wanted in Minnesota as Barr deliberated about his future. Geoff Burke/USA TODAY Sports
As word spread in the media that Barr was headed to New York, Minnesota vice president of football operations Rob Brzezinski was caught off guard when he received a frantic call from Ryan Williams asking for the Vikings' best and final offer.
Minnesota needed to move quickly if it wanted any chance to retain Barr.
It took about an hour for both sides to come to a proposed deal that Williams would take back to his client on Monday evening, just hours after word got out that Barr was headed to New York. Working the numbers, Brzezinski extended Minnesota as far as it could go. Around 8 p.m. PT, Barr had offers to consider from the Jets and the Vikings.
As Barr was deliberating, Zimmer remained in contact with him, sending him a text "here and there" to let Barr know he was wanted in Minnesota.
The Vikings swung as hard as they could with the one shot they had.
"I guess my philosophy personally is I'm going to fight until the end -- until there is nothing left, you might as well keep swinging until you're knocked out," Vikings general manager Rick Spielman said. "We're always going to do that. The way Coach Zimmer coaches, the way we try to attack things from a front-office standpoint, if we go down, we're going to go down swinging. But it's not going to be without a fight."
Barr had the rest of the night to think, but there was little that could calm his weary mind.
"I was up for all morning, just looking at my ceiling, just looking for a sign," Barr said. "Talking to everybody, trying to figure something out."
Tuesday, March 12
At 6 a.m. PT, Ryan Williams called Barr wanting to know where his mind was. And he offered a piece of advice.
"I would ultimately rather have you take the lesser deal that's ultimately going to make you happy than hold on to hope of making an extra $10 million to $15 million in the last couple years of your deal," Williams told Barr.
Having grappled with the decision of chasing comfort over money, Barr realized he needed to be in Minnesota. Williams told Barr he would let the teams know.
Except he waited. He didn't call anyone. Fifteen minutes later, Williams called Barr back.
"I said, 'Congrats, dude, you're a Viking,'" Williams said. "And he literally screamed that this was the best day of his life. I said to him, 'That's the reaction I was hoping to get yesterday and now that I have it, I actually have to call the other teams and let them know your decision.'"
Barr agreed to a five-year contract with the Vikings worth $67.5 million with $33 million in guarantees. There is an added $12 million in sack incentives that kick in from 2020 to 2023. The average yearly salary of $13.5 million is less than the $15 million per year figure the Jets were offering.
Barr and his mother shed tears of joy over FaceTime once the deal with Minnesota was finalized. Lori could sense relief in her son's voice.
"It happened the minute he said I'm going to go back [to Minnesota]," Lori said. "There were tears. It was pure elation -- relief, appreciation, feeling valued, feeling reconnected. Just a range of emotions but mostly just sincere happiness that he was getting to go back to where he got to start it all and be with the people he loves to be with, with the organization, in a city he really enjoys and has now become his second home. It just really made waiting and not knowing worth it."
Throughout this process, the Jets' front office never spoke to Barr directly and don't believe there was a third team involved or that he used them as leverage. Sources told ESPN the Jets were disappointed but not blindsided, knowing the fluidity of the process. When the front office received the call from Williams on March 12, they had already begun to move on.
"It's like everything else in free agency. Until they technically sign, you don't truly know what will happen," Jets general manager Mike Maccagnan said. "I'd say simply with Anthony -- to me, it's part of free agency. We felt good about going after him. We targeted him. We felt good when we actually had the agreement in place.
"In the end, we also want players who want to be part of the Jets. This team might not be right for everybody. We wouldn't want to have a player come to us and his heart wasn't 100 percent into what we want to build and accomplish here."
That night, Barr's family went out to dinner at a Mexican restaurant near their home in Rancho Palos Verdes, California. Dubbed "Draft Night 2.0," a 20-person party attended by Barr's grandmother and many cousins clad in Vikings gear celebrated his decision, drinking margaritas, eating tacos and chanting, "Skol, Vikings."
'You follow the heart'
The end of a whirlwind 24 hours brought some perspective for Barr after the roller-coaster ride he had just been through.
"I was trying to convince myself of something I knew that in my heart didn't feel right, and I think if you follow the heart, I can live with the results."
Barr's decision to change his mind is something that's not uncommon. Players have backed out of verbal agreements before because nothing is official until binding documents are signed. In fact, this wasn't the first time the Jets lost out to the Vikings in free agency. In 2004, the Jets courted cornerback Antoine Winfield for two days before he agreed to a six-year, $30 million contract with a $10 million signing bonus. Winfield was in the Jets' building (on Long Island at Hofstra University) when former Vikings coach Mike Tice heard what was going down and sent for a private jet to pick up Winfield at Republic Airport, about 25 minutes from the facility. Winfield left the building without signing, and the rest is history.
For Barr to leave the amount of money he did on the table in the prime of his career isn't something players often do. While most bolt toward free agency and their next big payday at full speed, Barr ran in the direction that felt right.
He chose comfort over chasing paper, finding solace in remaining in a defensive system in which he thrives, with a coach who has fought for him and in a locker room where he's beloved as a core part of the franchise.
"I was trying to convince myself of something I knew that in my heart didn't feel right, and I think if you follow the heart, I can live with the results," Barr said
Post #: 3805
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/15/2019 2:38:49 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I saw this poll on Twitter. What do you think if the Seahawks offered to trade quarterbacks with the Vikings. (Wilson for Cousins) The Vikings would also have to trade Rhodes and a first round draft pick (a future one) in exchange for a third rounder of the Seahawks. (I forget, but let's say a future one.) The poll results showed that 55% were in favor of the trade. I would say no, but without the first round draft pick I say yes.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 3806
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/15/2019 2:40:41 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Andy Carlson on Twitter suggests that there is a 55% chance Waynes gets traded by the time of the draft. I don't think so, but what do you think?

Post #: 3807
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/15/2019 2:44:02 PM   
Bruce Johnson

#Vikings are one of the few teams that are constantly negotiating in good faith with their players. That's culture building. Players know if the ball, they'll be taken care of. Reason why so many of their in-house players are able to be retained at less than market.

(Andy Carlson on Twitter)

Post #: 3808
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/15/2019 3:31:46 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I was surprised how good this list was. Some great players.

https://thevikingage.com/2019/04/15/minnesota-vikings-best-third-round-draft-picks/

Post #: 3809
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/16/2019 2:25:47 AM   
ratoppenheimer

our cap space for 2020 is now negative.... <$3.5m>...and that's with only 38 players signed...and of course waynes, rudolph, alexander, wilson, weatherly and harris are not part of that 38....

Sean Borman @SeanBoarMan
Adam Thielen cap hits with #Vikings:

2019 - $8.105M
2020 - $12.8M
2021 - $13.4M
2022 - $14.45M
2023 - $15.45M
2024 - $14.6M

Contract details per Ben Goessling of the Star Tribune. H/T to @steezo999

< Message edited by ratoppenheimer -- 4/16/2019 3:12:59 AM >

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 3810
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/16/2019 3:26:29 AM   
ratoppenheimer

Barr instantly felt regret for the decision he had just made.

"He said, 'I feel like I just made the worst mistake of my life,'" Williams said.

Barr was torn up that he had given the Jets his word and was wavering on his decision. Williams immediately went to work unwinding the web, hanging up with Barr and his mother to call back the Jets to let them know his client was having second thoughts. The Jets went into their own form of crisis management and were willing to do anything, including fly Barr out for a free-agent visit later in the week, to convince him to sign in New York.

The Jets were told Barr needed the night to think about his decision.

Vikings coach Mike Zimmer, left, made sure to let Anthony Barr know he was wanted in Minnesota as Barr deliberated about his future. Geoff Burke/USA TODAY Sports

As word spread in the media that Barr was headed to New York, Minnesota vice president of football operations Rob Brzezinski was caught off guard when he received a frantic call from Ryan Williams asking for the Vikings' best and final offer.

Minnesota needed to move quickly if it wanted any chance to retain Barr.
It took about an hour for both sides to come to a proposed deal that Williams would take back to his client on Monday evening, just hours after word got out that Barr was headed to New York. Working the numbers, Brzezinski extended Minnesota as far as it could go. Around 8 p.m. PT, Barr had offers to consider from the Jets and the Vikings.
As Barr was deliberating, Zimmer remained in contact with him, sending him a text "here and there" to let Barr know he was wanted in Minnesota.

The Vikings swung as hard as they could with the one shot they had.

"I guess my philosophy personally is I'm going to fight until the end -- until there is nothing left, you might as well keep swinging until you're knocked out," Vikings general manager Rick Spielman said. "We're always going to do that. The way Coach Zimmer coaches, the way we try to attack things from a front-office standpoint, if we go down, we're going to go down swinging. But it's not going to be without a fight."

Barr had the rest of the night to think, but there was little that could calm his weary mind.
"I was up for all morning, just looking at my ceiling, just looking for a sign," Barr said. "Talking to everybody, trying to figure something out."
Tuesday, March 12

At 6 a.m. PT, Ryan Williams called Barr wanting to know where his mind was. And he offered a piece of advice.
"I would ultimately rather have you take the lesser deal that's ultimately going to make you happy than hold on to hope of making an extra $10 million to $15 million in the last couple years of your deal," Williams told Barr.

Having grappled with the decision of chasing comfort over money, Barr realized he needed to be in Minnesota. Williams told Barr he would let the teams know.
Except he waited. He didn't call anyone. Fifteen minutes later, Williams called Barr back.

"I said, 'Congrats, dude, you're a Viking,'" Williams said. "And he literally screamed that this was the best day of his life. I said to him, 'That's the reaction I was hoping to get yesterday and now that I have it, I actually have to call the other teams and let them know your decision.'"

Barr agreed to a five-year contract with the Vikings worth $67.5 million with $33 million in guarantees. There is an added $12 million in sack incentives that kick in from 2020 to 2023. The average yearly salary of $13.5 million is less than the $15 million per year figure the Jets were offering.

Barr and his mother shed tears of joy over FaceTime once the deal with Minnesota was finalized. Lori could sense relief in her son's voice.

"It happened the minute he said I'm going to go back [to Minnesota]," Lori said. "There were tears. It was pure elation -- relief, appreciation, feeling valued, feeling reconnected. Just a range of emotions but mostly just sincere happiness that he was getting to go back to where he got to start it all and be with the people he loves to be with, with the organization, in a city he really enjoys and has now become his second home. It just really made waiting and not knowing worth it."

Post #: 3811
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/16/2019 10:04:19 AM   
kwheats

Captain Kirk doesn't seem so expensive all of the sudden!!!

Source: Seahawks make Russell Wilson top paid in NFL

Apr
4/16/2019 6:41:05 AM

The Seattle Seahawks and Russell Wilson have reached agreement on a four-year, $140 million extension that includes a $65 million signing bonus and makes the quarterback the highest-paid player in the NFL, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports via Brady Henderson of ESPN. This according to a source.

With the four new years added to his contract, Wilson, 30, is now contractually tied to the Seahawks through the 2023 season, the source said.

In addition to topping Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers' contract as the richest ever with a new-money annual average of $35 million per season, Wilson's signing bonus also sets a new record. Rodgers was first in both categories at $33.5 million and $57.5 million, respectively, on the extension he signed last summer.

The deal includes a no trade clause, a source said.

Wilson, without specifying terms, said he had reached a deal in a video he posted to Twitter about 45 minutes after the passing of the midnight deadline that his side had set for an extension.
Post #: 3812
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/16/2019 10:57:49 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: kwheats

Captain Kirk doesn't seem so expensive all of the sudden!!!

Source: Seahawks make Russell Wilson top paid in NFL

Apr
4/16/2019 6:41:05 AM

The Seattle Seahawks and Russell Wilson have reached agreement on a four-year, $140 million extension that includes a $65 million signing bonus and makes the quarterback the highest-paid player in the NFL, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports via Brady Henderson of ESPN. This according to a source.

With the four new years added to his contract, Wilson, 30, is now contractually tied to the Seahawks through the 2023 season, the source said.

In addition to topping Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers' contract as the richest ever with a new-money annual average of $35 million per season, Wilson's signing bonus also sets a new record. Rodgers was first in both categories at $33.5 million and $57.5 million, respectively, on the extension he signed last summer.

The deal includes a no trade clause, a source said.

Wilson, without specifying terms, said he had reached a deal in a video he posted to Twitter about 45 minutes after the passing of the midnight deadline that his side had set for an extension.

If Cousins and the offense plays better this season, his deal will be a non-issue.
Post #: 3813
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/16/2019 12:41:57 PM   
Tom Sykes

Smith needs to find some hobbies or friends outside of football or something ...

Chris Tomasson@christomasson
24m24 minutes ago

Vikings safety Harrison Smith says it's "great to be back in the building.'' Said it "gets boring trying to find things to do" waiting for the start of spring drills.

Andrew Krammer@Andrew_Krammer
24m24 minutes ago

Harrison Smith choked up when asked about Anthony Harris getting $3M tender to stay with #Vikings: “Pretty pumped for him. (Undrafted to starter) doesn’t happen very much.”
Said he “didn’t know” he’d tear up when asked about Anthony. “He’s one of my best friends.”

24m24 minutes ago

Harrison Smith got emotional talking about Anthony Barr changing mind after agreeing to Jets deal. Said he didn’t think it would happen. Called Barr one of his best friends

Edit:
Andrew Krammer@Andrew_Krammer
4m4 minutes ago
Andrew Krammer Retweeted Sam Ekstrom

Yeah, I misheard that one. Harrison was talking about Anthony Barr returning when he got choked up for a moment.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 4/16/2019 12:44:50 PM >
Post #: 3814
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/16/2019 12:43:55 PM   
Tom Sykes

55m55 minutes ago

#Vikings DE Everson Griffen admits it was a "tough pill to swallow'' the pay cut.

56m56 minutes ago

#Vikings DE Everson Griffen on his contract being restructured: "I had a rough year.... When I came back, I didn't play that well... I knew when the free agency came up it was going to lead to taking a pay cut.''
Post #: 3815
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/16/2019 12:46:30 PM   
Tom Sykes

Ben Goessling
‏Verified account @GoesslingStrib
25m25 minutes ago

Eric Kendricks was working out with Anthony Barr this offseason while Barr was going through his free agent decision. He said he sent Barr a text telling him, "It's going to be weird not playing with you."

Kendricks said Barr wrote back, "Wait a second."
Post #: 3816
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/16/2019 12:50:39 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

Andy Carlson on Twitter suggests that there is a 55% chance Waynes gets traded by the time of the draft. I don't think so, but what do you think?

I think with Hughes still recovering from injury, Holton Hill suspended for four games, that the Vikings are NOT going to trade Waynes unless they are floored by an amazing offer.

I'd say the chances are less than 10% Waynes gets traded by the draft.

If through OTAs and minicamps Hughes can show he's ready or close to it...they may be more willing to trade Waynes before the season, but not now.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 3817
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/16/2019 1:14:21 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

55m55 minutes ago

#Vikings DE Everson Griffen admits it was a "tough pill to swallow'' the pay cut.

56m56 minutes ago

#Vikings DE Everson Griffen on his contract being restructured: "I had a rough year.... When I came back, I didn't play that well... I knew when the free agency came up it was going to lead to taking a pay cut.''

I hadn't heard that his contract had been restructured
Post #: 3818
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/16/2019 1:18:35 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

55m55 minutes ago

56m56 minutes ago

Just over a month ago:

Tom Pelissero@TomPelissero
Mar 14
Everson Griffen's new deal with the #Vikings will pay him around $8 million in 2019, source said. He arrived to sign it just before the 3 p.m. Central deadline after which his previous $10.9M salary would've become guaranteed.
Post #: 3819
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/16/2019 1:24:10 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

quote:

55m55 minutes ago

56m56 minutes ago

Just over a month ago:

Mar 14
Everson Griffen's new deal with the #Vikings will pay him around $8 million in 2019, source said. He arrived to sign it just before the 3 p.m. Central deadline after which his previous $10.9M salary would've become guaranteed.

Guess I probably had heard, but forgot.
Post #: 3820
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/16/2019 2:41:10 PM   
David Levine

Ben Goessling@GoesslingStrib
The Vikings managed to reward Adam Thielen while adding only $5,000 to their 2019 salary cap.

Arif Hasan@ArifHasanNFL
Thielen's deal only has $14.1M in initial guarantees, which is very fascinating. Looks like $9.8M guaranteed three days into beginning of 2020 league yr ($5M roster bonus, $4.8M salary) and another $9.1M gtd in 2021 (all immediately gtd against injury)
Post #: 3821
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/16/2019 7:17:27 PM   
Pager

quote:

Ben Goessling@GoesslingStrib
The Vikings managed to reward Adam Thielen while adding only $5,000 to their 2019 salary cap.

Arif Hasan@ArifHasanNFL
Thielen's deal only has $14.1M in initial guarantees, which is very fascinating. Looks like $9.8M guaranteed three days into beginning of 2020 league yr ($5M roster bonus, $4.8M salary) and another $9.1M gtd in 2021 (all immediately gtd against injury)

Looks like a lot of flexibility for the Vikes. I was initially very wary of the deal but this seems good for both the team and for Thielan.

But it looks like if he gets injured everything is guaranteed and counts against the cap? Unless it's to win the SB, playoffs, or get into the playoffs, I'll be rooting for Thielan to get the F out of bounds and avoid the big hits.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 3822
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/17/2019 12:35:14 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

quote:

55m55 minutes ago

56m56 minutes ago

Just over a month ago:

Mar 14

they only restructured the 2019 part of his contract - in 2020 his cap hit jumps back up to $13.9m....

Post #: 3823
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/17/2019 7:14:36 AM   
Todd M

It's gotten boring around here.

I don't want something else that's better, I want this to be better.

I guess this is what we're left with when the fighting is done.
Post #: 3824
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/17/2019 8:49:13 AM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

It's gotten boring around here.

I don't want something else that's better, I want this to be better.

I guess this is what we're left with when the fighting is done.

I remember taking a "break" a year ago. I'm with you now.

Post #: 3825
Page:   <<   < prev  151 152 [153] 154 155   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  151 152 [153] 154 155   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode