Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  226 227 [228] 229 230   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/19/2019 2:04:29 PM   
kevinemmer

Urlacher is still white, I think.

Post #: 5676
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/19/2019 2:07:58 PM   
mikegreitzer

Actually--having some fun with it. Urlacher was the fastest linebacker I've ever seen. Remember when he ran Mike Vick down like a rabbit?
Post #: 5677
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/19/2019 4:28:08 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikegreitzer

Actually--having some fun with it. Urlacher was the fastest linebacker I've ever seen. Remember when he ran Mike Vick down like a rabbit?

Urlacher was the perfect cover 2 linebacker. Once he learned the scheme and position, he was awesome.
Post #: 5678
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/19/2019 5:23:17 PM   
Bruce Johnson

These free agents must be getting itchy to sign and may go for a discounted price. I do believe the article is well written.

Any in particular you are interested in? I know the Vikings don't have a lot of money available, so I'm guessing that unless someone comes to camp with a new injury that is worrisome, I am not expecting any action. The nose tackle looks like the best bet for me, though.

https://thevikingage.com/2019/07/18/6-free-agents-still-help-minnesota-vikings-2019/

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 5679
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/19/2019 6:30:26 PM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

These free agents must be getting itchy to sign and may go for a discounted price. I do believe the article is well written.

Any in particular you are interested in? I know the Vikings don't have a lot of money available, so I'm guessing that unless someone comes to camp with a new injury that is worrisome, I am not expecting any action. The nose tackle looks like the best bet for me, though.

https://thevikingage.com/2019/07/18/6-free-agents-still-help-minnesota-vikings-2019/

Not so much on the DT. Stephens and Johnson can play NT.

I'd be interested in the CB conditional to whether the Vikings got a good market offer for Waynes. Trade Waynes. Trade for Artie Burns @ 3M, sign the CB listed.

I hate the slide show on this site. Usually avoid as a result.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 5680
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/19/2019 6:54:37 PM   
thebigo

quote:

He played safety in college.
Post #: 5681
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/19/2019 11:27:06 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

quote:

Not so much on the DT. Stephens and Johnson can play NT.

I'd be interested in the CB conditional to whether the Vikings got a good market offer for Waynes. Trade Waynes. Trade for Artie Burns @ 3M, sign the CB listed.

I hate the slide show on this site. Usually avoid as a result.

I don't know if Johnson or Stephens are true nose tackles. I prefer one page articles, too, but especially this time of years I am less picky because of the scarcity of available Vikings reading options.

There are some articles here, some profiles of individual players at the back of the roster. Every year I like to look at these kind of players because I'm kind of a Vikings junkie. So for me this was interesting, but I see other articles about the draft pick long snapper and Cornelius Edison. I haven't read those yet, but I will.

https://vikingsterritory.com/2019/trainingcamp/vikings-training-camp-profile-ifeadi-odenigbo-de?fbclid=IwAR3DpqELmAVjY1avRDNMNjLXfL628Skg9lBt_G34EBNWrGY6mO548ecAkpo

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 5682
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/19/2019 11:55:54 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Here's an interesting article to take a deep dive in. It seems that Cousins had a lot of pressure last season, but did very well in that situation. What stats stands out to you? He was #2 in play action passing completion percentage. If we are reading this, don't you think the Vikings staff must be studying these kind of numbers too? I'm sure they are thinking they want to incorporate more play action and probably more passing while rolling out. They must be thinking about how to get more out of the quarterback and allow him to utilize his strengths and minimize his weaknesses.

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/kirk-cousins/

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 7/20/2019 12:04:20 AM >

Post #: 5683
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/20/2019 12:10:31 AM   
Bruce Johnson

I was trying to find out Cousins' release times and found this. Is this a different stat or is this an indication that his release is kind of in the middle of the pack?

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/9gv8bp/next_gen_qb_stats_completion_time_to_throw/

Post #: 5684
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/20/2019 6:50:02 AM   
joejitsu

quote:

Here's an interesting article to take a deep dive in. It seems that Cousins had a lot of pressure last season, but did very well in that situation. What stats stands out to you? He was #2 in play action passing completion percentage. If we are reading this, don't you think the Vikings staff must be studying these kind of numbers too? I'm sure they are thinking they want to incorporate more play action and probably more passing while rolling out. They must be thinking about how to get more out of the quarterback and allow him to utilize his strengths and minimize his weaknesses.

His passes off play action has always been one of his strengths. When we have difficulty moving the ball on the ground, play action isn't effective. I'm hoping that the improvements along the oline fix some of that.
Post #: 5685
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/20/2019 6:56:22 AM   
joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

He played safety in college.

He also returned punts, which I find both hilarious and terrifying at the same time.
Post #: 5686
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/20/2019 7:12:47 AM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

quote:

His passes off play action has always been one of his strengths. When we have difficulty moving the ball on the ground, play action isn't effective. I'm hoping that the improvements along the oline fix some of that.

Able and willing to move on the ground. It seemed like we were not committed to the running attack. You make a great point. I hope Cook shows he has another gear one more year removed from knee surgery and I'm looking forward to see our shiny new toy in Alexander Mattison. 9 more days until the first padded practice.

Post #: 5687
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/20/2019 7:15:09 AM   
Todd M

Peace. It's nice to have found some. The summer IS flying by but I'm not rooting it on to pass. I am in a comfortable spot where the work I am putting into myself is starting to pay off. I'm content in the moment even though this fall is setting up to bring me amazing things. One, as you all know, the season that the Vikes finally win it all, AND - I will be in Europe for my birthday seeing Greece, France, Italy, and Spain...like a real freaking vacation...not just a day or two or three to the states or another province...a whole week+ seeing things I never thought I'd get to see.

Life is good. Cheers to all of you that still stick around here...a place I consider home.

< Message edited by Todd M -- 7/20/2019 7:17:53 AM >
Post #: 5688
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/20/2019 7:40:58 AM   
Bruce Johnson

This is probably the best article to read for the next few days. Good stuff here about how Zimmer is making adjustments to his defense. It didn't work out well at the beginning of last season. Let's hope that he figured things out.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/7/19/20686742/evolving-minnesota-vikings-defense-mike-zimmer

Post #: 5689
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/20/2019 7:42:37 AM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Peace. It's nice to have found some. The summer IS flying by but I'm not rooting it on to pass. I am in a comfortable spot where the work I am putting into myself is starting to pay off. I'm content in the moment even though this fall is setting up to bring me amazing things. One, as you all know, the season that the Vikes finally win it all, AND - I will be in Europe for my birthday seeing Greece, France, Italy, and Spain...like a real freaking vacation...not just a day or two or three to the states or another province...a whole week+ seeing things I never thought I'd get to see.

Life is good. Cheers to all of you that still stick around here...a place I consider home.

Where are you going in Greece. I have been there three times. My daughter was named after Rhodos.

Post #: 5690
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/20/2019 7:58:52 AM   
Todd M

quote:

quote:

Where are you going in Greece. I have been there three times. My daughter was named after Rhodos.

Our starting port for our cruise is out of Civitavecchia but we are starting out by flying to France for a couple of days and then off to Greece for a couple of days and then to Italy to start our cruise - which hits Florance, Cannes, Palma Majorca, and finishes off in Barcelona. We just really want to see Athens while in Greece.
Post #: 5691
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/20/2019 10:17:11 AM   
Lynn G.

Jealous of the Greece visit. It's one of the places I SO much want to see.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 5692
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/20/2019 10:40:26 AM   
Bruce Johnson

I liked the islands of Greece much better than Athens. Still, I loved the people. I had such good experiences everywhere I went.

Post #: 5693
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/20/2019 11:37:39 AM   
David F.

quote:

Hearing this makes me feel happy too - happy for you!

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 5694
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/20/2019 2:26:47 PM   
mikegreitzer

I think Captain Kirk--as he has said himself--is a guy who cannot be the guy a team relies on to make the "play" that decides a game.

http://vikings61.com/kirk-cousins-championship-form-role-player/

However, the addition of Kubiak, Dennison and Bradbury give me solid hope that our play-action could be the league's best if things work out.
Post #: 5695
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/20/2019 4:30:06 PM   
thebigo

quote:

I think Captain Kirk--as he has said himself--is a guy who cannot be the guy a team relies on to make the "play" that decides a game.

However, the addition of Kubiak, Dennison and Bradbury give me solid hope that our play-action could be the league's best if things work out.

Link?
Post #: 5696
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/20/2019 5:11:53 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

I'm wondering if there will be more passes thrown before the receiver breaks. Maybe we can know by past history of Kubiak, but we will be looking for clues to changes and adjustments that are being made for the new season when training camp begins.

Post #: 5697
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/20/2019 8:10:58 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

I'm wondering if there will be more passes thrown before the receiver breaks. Maybe we can know by past history of Kubiak, but we will be looking for clues to changes and adjustments that are being made for the new season when training camp begins.

Generally as a quarterback gross more familiar with his receivers and the offensive system you can expect that more passes will be thrown before the receiver makes his final break in the pattern
Post #: 5698
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/20/2019 11:50:02 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

Generally as a quarterback gross more familiar with his receivers and the offensive system you can expect that more passes will be thrown before the receiver makes his final break in the pattern

That can be very hard to defend, but they have to be on the same page or it can backfire. What you say makes sense There has to be a trust factor.

Post #: 5699
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/21/2019 9:30:43 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

I had no idea you were a teacher ....

Cool beans, Todd - enjoy everyday!
Post #: 5700
Page:   <<   < prev  226 227 [228] 229 230   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  226 227 [228] 229 230   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode