Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  229 230 [231] 232 233   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/24/2019 11:16:02 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

Sounds like #Vikings rookie WR Dillon Mitchell had an impressive day during the team’s first practice yesterday

(Adam Patrick on Twitter)

Finally happening.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 5751
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/25/2019 12:44:30 AM   
Bruce Johnson

It might sound odd, but people probably aren’t talking enough about the potential shift in approach among the special teams units. During his career, new special teams coordinator Marwan Maalouf has worked with several top-tier minds, including John Harbaugh and Darren Rizzi. During his most recent stop, the Dolphins had one of the top punt-block percentages in the NFL. Their twist schemes were very difficult to handle and caused chaos. While Maalouf was an assistant in Miami, the Dolphins finished top-five in punt-block percentage every year, including a first-place finish in 2014 (4.92%). Collectively, during his one season as special teams coordinator with the Colts, his units ranked 12th in special teams efficiency, according to Football Outsiders.

http://www.mnvikingscorner.com/2019/07/storylines-to-watch-during-vikings.html

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 5752
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/25/2019 12:49:01 AM   
Bruce Johnson

I missed that the Vikings waived Micah Abernathy, an UFA safety. Here's a little about the running back we picked up to replace Roc Thomas.

https://www.vikings.com/news/vikings-sign-deangelo-henderson-release-micah-abernathy

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 5753
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/25/2019 1:00:03 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Holton Hill 2018: 70.0 overall 40.6 run defense 75.9 coverage

Orlando Scandrick 2018: 70.0 overall 72.3 run defense 70.2 coverage

Dexter McDonald 2017: 62.3 overall 53.9 run defense 63.0 coverage

(PFF MIN VIKINGS on Twitter)

Post #: 5754
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/25/2019 1:02:07 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Here's a couple tweets about Scandrick:

I don't know about Scandrick he lost his job to Ward last year. I live in KC and watched him get burned what felt like over and over again. (Matty3840)

He allowed the 15th fewest yards per Cover snap out of 97 CBs with 250+ Cover Snaps. That’s actually pretty solid. Stat wise his season was good. (Jonas Stark)

Post #: 5755
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/25/2019 1:04:20 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Vikings rookie tight end Irv Smith talked about shooting to score 10 touchdowns this season (Chris Tomasson on Twitter)

Post #: 5756
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/25/2019 1:06:20 AM   
Bruce Johnson

This might have been a factor vs the Eagles in the playoffs:

Adam Thielen says in his gamepass film session that he broke 3 bones in his back during the 2017 divisional playoff vs New Orleans. (Luke Braun on Twitter)

Post #: 5757
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/25/2019 6:31:21 AM   
Ricky J

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter

Teams reporting to training camp today: Bears, Vikings, Saints, Steelers, Buccaneers, Titans
Post #: 5758
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/25/2019 10:41:04 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

I get drug tested every year and that doesn't include my randoms. My workplace has zero tolerance. Once and you are done. Hill has flunked at least two tests, but I think it might be more than that.

Whatever. I'm just disappointed. It's so stupid.

He also failed the drug test at the combine which took him off every teams draft board.
This guy is catching up to Josh Gordon fast on failed tests

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 5759
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/25/2019 2:31:40 PM   
Bruce Johnson

https://www.skornorth.com/vikings-2/2019/07/the-official-2019-mr-mankato-odds/

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/7/25/8930182/mr-mankato-2019-minnesota-vikings-training-camp

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 7/25/2019 2:34:28 PM >

Post #: 5760
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/25/2019 2:39:25 PM   
Bruce Johnson

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/7/25/8910298/handicapping-minnesota-vikings-offensive-linemen-training-camp-2019

Post #: 5761
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/25/2019 4:53:31 PM   
thebigo

quote:

It might sound odd, but people probably aren’t talking enough about the potential shift in approach among the special teams units. During his career, new special teams coordinator Marwan Maalouf has worked with several top-tier minds, including John Harbaugh and Darren Rizzi. During his most recent stop, the Dolphins had one of the top punt-block percentages in the NFL. Their twist schemes were very difficult to handle and caused chaos. While Maalouf was an assistant in Miami, the Dolphins finished top-five in punt-block percentage every year, including a first-place finish in 2014 (4.92%). Collectively, during his one season as special teams coordinator with the Colts, his units ranked 12th in special teams efficiency, according to Football Outsiders.

According to Football Outsiders the Vikes special teams rankings under Mike Priefer 2011-2018 - 27, 5, 6, 10, 4, 10, 18, 20
Post #: 5762
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/25/2019 5:03:56 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Undrafted rookie TE Brandon Dillon from tiny Marian will practice before more than 5,000 fans Friday at #Vikings camp. That's more than saw him play any game last year. He said his high school crowds were about 150. "(There were) some farmers out there''

(Chris Tomasson on Twitter)

Post #: 5763
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/25/2019 5:30:32 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

Sounds like #Vikings rookie WR Dillon Mitchell had an impressive day during the team’s first practice yesterday

Finally happening.

Second best rookie WR fer sure!
Post #: 5764
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/25/2019 7:10:21 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

According to Football Outsiders the Vikes special teams rankings under Mike Priefer 2011-2018 - 27, 5, 6, 10, 4, 10, 18, 20

If youre going to be a homophobe you need to have better numbers than that
Post #: 5765
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/25/2019 8:49:11 PM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

This writer suggests that the Vikings say goodbye to Hill. I'm kind of on board with that, but not strongly. I will support whatever the Vikings decide, but my bet is that they part ways.

https://thevikingage.com/2019/07/24/zero-reason-minnesota-vikings-keep-hill/

waynes and alexander are free agents in 2020 - we could end up with just rhodes and hughes in february....

do these last four games have to do with the roc thomas bust early this year?...it seems both thomas and hill were hit with their suspensions within a few days from each other....

hill has talent and i hate to see us lose out on that, also i hate to see a young player ruin his career because of marijuana - when i was holton hill's age everyone i knew smoked dope every single day....

I'm not ready to give up on him yet. 75 PFF rating in pass coverage his rookie year? Pretty impressive.

He might not figure it out. I hope he does. Didn't we have a WR we signed off waivers because of similar issues (and all he did was catch TDs)?

Not saying that's his trajectory. But I'm much more forgiving of this type of transgression. Many don't get their s*** together but many do. He's got a pretty good locker room to help him get things straightened out.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 5766
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/25/2019 10:47:20 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

quote:

How many teams got to use a #1 draft pick as their kick returner season after season?

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 5767
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/25/2019 11:57:58 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

Finally happening.

Second best rookie WR fer sure!

That's very good considering how many WRs were drafted this year. I think it was at least 30. However I think he can be the best Rookie WR.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 5768
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/25/2019 11:59:25 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

What evidence is there that he fears homosexuals? That is about the most overused word in the English language.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 5769
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/26/2019 12:02:16 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

How many teams got to use a #1 draft pick as their kick returner season after season?

Excuses, excuses. He had a top 10 Special teams five years in a row. That is very successful.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 5770
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/26/2019 12:54:37 AM   
marty

There is something very deceptive about those statistics.

Patterson and Sherels skewed them up with returns, coverage was decent.

But the kicking game, and kicking in the clutch, there was a problem there.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 5771
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/26/2019 4:12:55 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

This writer suggests that the Vikings say goodbye to Hill. I'm kind of on board with that, but not strongly. I will support whatever the Vikings decide, but my bet is that they part ways.

https://thevikingage.com/2019/07/24/zero-reason-minnesota-vikings-keep-hill/

waynes and alexander are free agents in 2020 - we could end up with just rhodes and hughes in february....

do these last four games have to do with the roc thomas bust early this year?...it seems both thomas and hill were hit with their suspensions within a few days from each other....

hill has talent and i hate to see us lose out on that, also i hate to see a young player ruin his career because of marijuana - when i was holton hill's age everyone i knew smoked dope every single day....

I'm not ready to give up on him yet. 75 PFF rating in pass coverage his rookie year? Pretty impressive.

He might not figure it out. I hope he does. Didn't we have a WR we signed off waivers because of similar issues (and all he did was catch TDs)?

Not saying that's his trajectory. But I'm much more forgiving of this type of transgression. Many don't get their s*** together but many do. He's got a pretty good locker room to help him get things straightened out.

it's too bad the nfl is so hard-nosed about something like marijuana - i'd give hill a few more chances if that's all it is...if he could just lay off dope for the next eight years he'd be rich as hell for the rest of his life - then he could smoke himself into oblivion....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 5772
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/26/2019 8:15:57 AM  2 votes
Ricky J

re: it's too bad the nfl is so hard-nosed about something like marijuana

Too bad he can't stop smoking it when he knows his earning millions depends on he do just that.

If i take a puff, get pee tested, lose my CDL, lose my job, reputation suffers in this small rural community i live in, how many of you are going to feel sorry for me because it's just marijuana?
Post #: 5773
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/26/2019 9:27:52 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

There is something very deceptive about those statistics.

Patterson and Sherels skewed them up with returns, coverage was decent.

But the kicking game, and kicking in the clutch, there was a problem there.

Blocked punts against us especially in crucial moments was as much a problem as our atrocious kicking game that spanned three kickers.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 5774
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/26/2019 9:31:38 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

re: it's too bad the nfl is so hard-nosed about something like marijuana

Too bad he can't stop smoking it when he knows his earning millions depends on he do just that.

If i take a puff, get pee tested, lose my CDL, lose my job, reputation suffers in this small rural community i live in, how many of you are going to feel sorry for me because it's just marijuana?

In my best old-guy-protecting-his-grass (pun intended) voice ….
"you've got the rest of your life to smoke pot, son …."
Post #: 5775
Page:   <<   < prev  229 230 [231] 232 233   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  229 230 [231] 232 233   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode