Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  247 248 [249] 250 251   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/12/2019 11:38:31 AM   
ratoppenheimer

samia was working with the 2nd stringers yesterday after playing with the 3rd stringers all training camp...i think the coaches like what they saw in the new orleans' game....

go to this guy's twitter account and scroll down a little to the gif of samia playing friday....

https://twitter.com/BrandonThornNFL

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 6201
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/12/2019 11:44:58 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

spielman is trying to figure out a way to keep both udoh and samia on the final 53 and not have to play them this season....

This is where Vedvik comes in. Punter and Kicker rolled into one.

there you go....

Post #: 6202
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/12/2019 12:00:39 PM   
jbusse

quote:

samia was working with the 2nd stringers yesterday after playing with the 3rd stringers all training camp...i think the coaches like what they saw in the new orleans' game....

go to this guy's twitter account and scroll down a little to the gif of samia playing friday....

The toughness he showed is encouraging, and playing through the whistle. The O-line needs that.
Post #: 6203
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/12/2019 12:45:54 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

IMO Brandon thorn is a keeper... plays tough, hits multiple guys, drive blocks really well.

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 6204
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/12/2019 1:03:18 PM   
quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

Albeit we don’t know yet how special teams will look on the opener, I’m happy to see the team being proactive rather than reactive in regards to the roster. Even though Priefer assured us that he’d looked over ‘all of Dan Bailey ‘s kicks’ I much prefer starting fresh with a young guy. It’s a chance for the team to correct the Carlson mess.

One thing is if we can't cover kickoffs, we better get someone who can boom it out of the EZ.

I have no reason to believe kick coverage will be a problem. I’d be much more concerned if we’d had a punt blocked in four consecutive games spanning playoffs and preseason.

When the real bullets started flying Carlson’s eyes bugged out of his head.

His lack of experience absolutely killed us in Green Bay.

Carlson had a stellar preseason for us much like this kid has for the Ravens.

I’m not sure we are the right fit for a young kicker trying to figure it out in a playoff race.

Carlson wasn’t either.
  Post #: 6205
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/12/2019 1:23:40 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

Albeit we don’t know yet how special teams will look on the opener, I’m happy to see the team being proactive rather than reactive in regards to the roster. Even though Priefer assured us that he’d looked over ‘all of Dan Bailey ‘s kicks’ I much prefer starting fresh with a young guy. It’s a chance for the team to correct the Carlson mess.

One thing is if we can't cover kickoffs, we better get someone who can boom it out of the EZ.

I have no reason to believe kick coverage will be a problem. I’d be much more concerned if we’d had a punt blocked in four consecutive games spanning playoffs and preseason.

When the real bullets started flying Carlson’s eyes bugged out of his head.

His lack of experience absolutely killed us in Green Bay.

Carlson had a stellar preseason for us much like this kid has for the Ravens.

I’m not sure we are the right fit for a young kicker trying to figure it out in a playoff race.

Carlson wasn’t either.

That is a legit concern. With Kickers the problem is you never know until it is too late.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 6206
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/12/2019 2:07:00 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

IMO Brandon thorn is a keeper... plays tough, hits multiple guys, drive blocks really well.

you are funny...samia....

Post #: 6207
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/12/2019 2:12:35 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbusse

quote:

The toughness he showed is encouraging, and playing through the whistle. The O-line needs that.

Awesome! I love it!

Here's a direct link to the video clip you are referring to:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1160950253350248453

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 6208
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/12/2019 2:16:31 PM   
Bruce Johnson

This is interesting in view of the big trade we made yesterday.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1160993096626257922

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 6209
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/12/2019 2:20:48 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Here's every punt by the new punter. It looks like he has the big leg, but I believe he should try to kick it higher. Also, he did have one blocked, so I don't know about his get off time. (Two different videos)

https://twitter.com/i/status/1160988052103270400

https://twitter.com/i/status/1160985684800393217

Post #: 6210
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/12/2019 2:22:46 PM   
Bruce Johnson

And here is every one of his field goal and extra point attempts:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1160974285923606528

Post #: 6211
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/12/2019 2:26:03 PM   
Bruce Johnson

When Gary Kubiak took over the Ravens offense in 2014, Kyle Juszczyk went from special teamer to pro-bowl alternate playing 42% of offensive snaps. The Vikings used a FB on 39% of snaps on Friday. If Blasingame makes the final 53, chances are he'll see the field & be a mismatch.

(Nick Olson on Twitter)

Post #: 6212
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/12/2019 2:31:40 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I talked about this before, but now it's coming to light.

At his pro day, at 233 pounds, Blasingame posted a...

• 4.55 40 (97th percentile among FBs),

• 6.94 3-cone (99%),

• 4.18 short shuttle (89%), (Nick Olson on Twitter)

• 38.5" vertical (96%), and

• 10'11" broad (98%)

Those would be elite TE numbers too. Calling him a freak athlete undersells him.

Post #: 6213
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/12/2019 2:36:55 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

• 6.94 3-cone (99%),

• 10'11" broad (98%)

Those would be elite TE numbers too. Calling him a freak athlete undersells him.

Those numbers I'm guessing would dwarf Ham, but the coaches like Ham and think he gets the job done. I don't think we can keep both. It will be interesting.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 6214
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/12/2019 2:46:56 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Ham is a really good blocker, I believe. Still, I like versatility. When Blasingame is in the defense has to worry that Blasingame might catch a pass, run with the ball or block. I like having the options and putting more pressure on the defenses.

Post #: 6215
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/12/2019 2:58:41 PM   
jbusse

quote:

Ham is a really good blocker, I believe. Still, I like versatility. When Blasingame is in the defense has to worry that Blasingame might catch a pass, run with the ball or block. I like having the options and putting more pressure on the defenses.

I'd guess they like that too, as keeping the defense guessing seems to be the theme this year with the move to more play action.
Post #: 6216
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/12/2019 3:10:21 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

• 6.94 3-cone (99%),

• 10'11" broad (98%)

Those numbers I'm guessing would dwarf Ham, but the coaches like Ham and think he gets the job done. I don't think we can keep both. It will be interesting.

money...ham is in the final year of his deal and will cost more next season...blasingame would be in the first year of his rookie deal - if we let blasingame go he'll be signed immediately, and that lucky team will probably keep him through a couple of contracts....

Post #: 6217
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/12/2019 3:19:49 PM   
David F.

Hey y’all. I have 3 extra passes for Friday’s practice and a parking pass. Let me know if you want some or all of that. And we could meet!

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 6218
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/12/2019 3:36:54 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

I can't see us waiving Wile. He is a very good P.

Not sure when the last time a team had one guy handling both duties.

Problem with that is if he were to get hurt you'd be scrambling to find both a P and K off the street.

It makes more sense that waiving Bailey.

Bailey is money short. You can plug in the new guy for kick offs and longer FGs while still handling the punting duties.

And any FG's on the right hash mark

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 6219
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/12/2019 3:39:01 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbusse

quote:

Awesome! I love it!

Here's a direct link to the video clip you are referring to:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1160950253350248453

any way you can put up a youtube link? Those twitter feeds wont play the video footage on my clunker computer

Post #: 6220
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/12/2019 3:45:52 PM   
ratoppenheimer

Chris Tomasson@christomasson
You figure it out. Dan Bailey is practicing holds while Matt Wile stands behind him and watches.

Arif Hasan@ArifHasanNFL
Wile wasn't doing anything in practice today, Zimmer says it's a product of him cutting his finger during the preseason game and he got stitches.

Minnesota Vikings@Vikings
“Baltimore had two guys, we were in contact quite a bit, they were talking to a couple of other teams and we pulled the trigger.” - Coach Zimmer on yesterday’s trade.

Vikings coach Mike Zimmer said he will evaluate the kicking situation this week and decide if another week is needed.

Sean Borman@SeanBormanNFL
Mike Zimmer said he knew about the trade for Kaare Vedvik at yesterday’s press conference but kept things “hush hush” to be “a good soldier.”

Mike Zimmer said if he is good enough could have Kaare kick and punt.

Post #: 6221
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/12/2019 3:49:57 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

Having a FB that can be a threat is a huge plus.

Remember Ham is a former tail back and is a jack of all trades but simply hasn't gotton the touches to show what he can do in past offensive schemes.

At the South Dakota State pro day, Ham checked in at 5-11, 231 pounds and posted some impressive numbers as he tested out athletically. He’s not a blazing runner, clocking a 4.69 in the 40-yard dash, but as you can see on tape, he uses quick feet and good vision to find holes and gaps in the defense that he attacks with force.

Post #: 6222
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/12/2019 3:52:08 PM   
ratoppenheimer

#Vikings new guy Kaare Vedvik, when asked if he will punt or kick with the Vikings said he is "an athlete.'' Asked which he is better at, "I have a passion for both. That's my thing.''

Minnesota Vikings
@Vikings
“I’m an athlete. I’m going to come in here and work. Whatever I can do to help the team win, I’m going to do.” -
@KaareVedvik

Minnesota Vikings@Vikings
“I’m here, I’m ready to work and do what I love.” -
@KaareVedvik

Post #: 6223
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/12/2019 3:58:03 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

Remember Ham is a former tail back and is a jack of all trades but simply hasn't gotton the touches to show what he can do in past offensive schemes.

At the South Dakota State pro day, Ham checked in at 5-11, 231 pounds and posted some impressive numbers as he tested out athletically. He’s not a blazing runner, clocking a 4.69 in the 40-yard dash, but as you can see on tape, he uses quick feet and good vision to find holes and gaps in the defense that he attacks with force.

ham was fine, but now we've got a real opportunity to pick up someone special...ham ran a 4.69 five years ago - he'd run a 4.89 today....

blasingame ran a 4.55 a few months ago and would have blazed past boone last friday night, but he didn't want to show off....

Post #: 6224
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/12/2019 4:06:32 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

quote:

ham was fine, but now we've got a real opportunity to pick up someone special...ham ran a 4.69 five years ago - he'd run a 4.89 today....

blasingame ran a 4.55 a few months ago and would have blazed past boone last friday night, but he didn't want to show off....

I couldn't get the game in my area.

So I know next to nothing about Blazingame other than it's a cool name.

If he has the tools and can block let the best man win.

Post #: 6225
Page:   <<   < prev  247 248 [249] 250 251   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  247 248 [249] 250 251   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode