Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  252 253 [254] 255 256   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/14/2019 8:53:54 PM   
quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

I stumbled on a real gold nugget here. You will want to study this one.

https://climbingthepocket.com/2019/08/13/preseason-week-1-offensive-line-review/

Sorry Bruce, I read it, and was gonna post how spot on I thought it was.

Nice piece. Pretty positive after one drive..l
  Post #: 6326
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/14/2019 9:07:34 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

https://climbingthepocket.com/2019/08/13/preseason-week-1-offensive-line-review/

Sorry Bruce, I read it, and was gonna post how spot on I thought it was.

Nice piece. Pretty positive after one drive..l

Post #: 6327
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/14/2019 9:37:39 PM   
JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

quote:

I have a parking pass for the seahawks game. Its located right next to the stadium, with an attached bridge to it.

$20. PM Me..

I didn't get the impression that David was selling anything. You are, and even if it's the best deal in the world, is this really the place to do that?

I say, don't sell shit in here. Slippery slope.

BTW, good to see you back. I was hopeful you might have some Viking knowledge/opinion to share. Be better.

I've occassionally mentioned parking passes for three years. So, this isnt anything new. I made a post and if someone reaches out, they do. If not, thts fine too.

I've put in enough blood, sweat and tears on this site to mention a hugely discounted parking pass for one of our peeps on here to use. Sorry you were offended .

Wasn't offended at all. Just seems like we should have a separate thread for selling shit.
Post #: 6328
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/14/2019 9:39:51 PM   
Bruce Johnson

It seems that Elflein is making the transition to guard very well. The rookie Samia seems to be struggling. I'm sure that the team will keep him on the roster, but I bet he is one of the game day inactives. Also, I have not been overwhelmed with what I've seen in from our rookie tight end. He's young and the team will definitely keep him on the roster, but he could also be inactive on game days. On the other hand, Bradbury seems like the real deal and Oli Udoh may have been the steal of our draft.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 6329
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/14/2019 9:42:09 PM   
Pager

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-vikings-laquon-treadwell-available-210216280.html

I hope this comes to fruition and we don't have to include picks (though I would be willing). Getting ANYTHING for him would be a steal.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 6330
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/14/2019 9:53:09 PM   
Pager

quote:

Sorry Bruce, bit of a long day.

Good find - good info. Makes me feel cautiously optimistic about the line. We might actually have players picked up that we cut or try and stash on the practice squad.

Still high on Samia - Might take a year to add the strength and technique. I don't mind misses as long as he's showing flashes, which from all I've read, he appears to be. As long as Kline is average, we can wait on Samia till next year.

Love, love the early reports on Udoh, was excited after we drafted him and I read up on him. RTOTF? His dimensions/athletic profile make me super excited. Might be replacing Collins as my RT of the future choice.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 6331
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/14/2019 10:00:23 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-vikings-laquon-treadwell-available-210216280.html

I hope this comes to fruition and we don't have to include picks (though I would be willing). Getting ANYTHING for him would be a steal.

Would it be worth a seventh rounder to entice a team to take Treadwell off our books? We would only save just over a mil. I am thinking that the team wants to keep extra linebackers for special teams purposes. Maybe the Vikings should keep only four receivers and maybe keep two on the practice squad.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 6332
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/14/2019 10:28:04 PM   
Viking Rich

Wow. Video of Kaare Vedvik in High School kicking several field goals of 50 up to 63 yards right footed and then kicking some left footed.

He was doing it in windy conditions...you can hear the wind in the background.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8U5IeqKjxw

Give Chandler the Rock
Post #: 6333
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/14/2019 10:48:12 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Viking Rich

Wow. Video of Kaare Vedvik in High School kicking several field goals of 50 up to 63 yards right footed and then kicking some left footed.

He was doing it in windy conditions...you can hear the wind in the background.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8U5IeqKjxw

Maybe the Vikings will not need a punter. He can score from anywhere on the field.

Post #: 6334
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/14/2019 10:58:50 PM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I have a parking pass for the seahawks game. Its located right next to the stadium, with an attached bridge to it.

$20. PM Me..

I didn't get the impression that David was selling anything. You are, and even if it's the best deal in the world, is this really the place to do that?

BTW, good to see you back. I was hopeful you might have some Viking knowledge/opinion to share. Be better.

I've occassionally mentioned parking passes for three years. So, this isnt anything new. I made a post and if someone reaches out, they do. If not, thts fine too.

I've put in enough blood, sweat and tears on this site to mention a hugely discounted parking pass for one of our peeps on here to use. Sorry you were offended .

Wasn't offended at all. Just seems like we should have a separate thread for selling shit.

Fair enough..

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 6335
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/14/2019 11:40:35 PM   
JT2

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

$20. PM Me..

I thought I remembered Ian giving away prizes for contests in here Pete?

Not sure him making a couple parking passes available for a toll is that big a deal?

Understand not making this a flea market for sure though.

There was a separate thread for the prizes and draft stuff. That was nice of Ian. I never participated but I appreciated what he did, and where he did it.

I have a townhouse in Eden Prairie for rent, in a Viking community, should I pitch that here?

Make a thread for selling shit is all I'm saying.
Post #: 6336
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/15/2019 1:53:52 AM   
ratoppenheimer

Vikings Territory@vikingterritory
Report: #Vikings WR Laquon Treadwell on Trade Block.

According to Albert Breer of SI.com, Treadwell (6-2, 215) is currently on the trade block. The wide receiver has become available for trade by the Vikings, who reportedly tested the trade market for Treadwell before the draft as well....vikings territory

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 6337
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/15/2019 2:29:34 AM   
JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

According to Albert Breer of SI.com, Treadwell (6-2, 215) is currently on the trade block. The wide receiver has become available for trade by the Vikings, who reportedly tested the trade market for Treadwell before the draft as well....vikings territory

How many years to late?
Post #: 6338
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/15/2019 3:55:22 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

How many years to late?

i wonder if spielman offered the ravens treadwell for vedvik before settling on a 5th rounder....

Post #: 6339
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/15/2019 5:49:42 AM   
Bill Jandro

Nobody will give up a pick to take a flyer on Treadwell with that salary. If anyone is interested they'll wait until he's cut.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 6340
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/15/2019 5:53:12 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

quote:

Sorry Bruce, bit of a long day.

Good find - good info. Makes me feel cautiously optimistic about the line. We might actually have players picked up that we cut or try and stash on the practice squad.

Still high on Samia - Might take a year to add the strength and technique. I don't mind misses as long as he's showing flashes, which from all I've read, he appears to be. As long as Kline is average, we can wait on Samia till next year.

Love, love the early reports on Udoh, was excited after we drafted him and I read up on him. RTOTF? His dimensions/athletic profile make me super excited. Might be replacing Collins as my RT of the future choice.

I haven't read article yet. But I have read other positive reports about Oli Udoh. He was initially destined for the PS but sounds like he will make the 53. Not cuz were afraid he would get poached but cuz he is beating other guys out.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 6341
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/15/2019 7:16:04 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

$20. PM Me..

Fair enough..

So then I'll never see it. Can't we wait until it's an actual problem
Post #: 6342
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/15/2019 8:02:57 AM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

$20. PM Me..

Not sure him making a couple parking passes available for a toll is that big a deal?

There was a separate thread for the prizes and draft stuff. That was nice of Ian. I never participated but I appreciated what he did, and where he did it.

I have a townhouse in Eden Prairie for rent, in a Viking community, should I pitch that here?

Proposal, because I like everyone involved here:

In this thread, only Vikings stuff and only for face value or less. We want our folks to get first crack at tix, passes, gear we can't use, but no gouging.
Post #: 6343
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/15/2019 8:08:04 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

$20. PM Me..

Fair enough..

So then I'll never see it. Can't we wait until it's an actual problem

I don't live in Minnesota any longer, but if I did I would want to see Vikings tickets and related stuff listed here by bonafide members. I wouldn't be interested in seeing somebody making a business out of it.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 6344
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/15/2019 8:08:33 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

$20. PM Me..

Proposal, because I like everyone involved here:

In this thread, only Vikings stuff and only for face value or less. We want our folks to get first crack at tix, passes, gear we can't use, but no gouging.

Perfect.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 6345
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/15/2019 8:40:35 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Watching the defensive tackles in the Saints game, one thing I still struggle with is wondering why the Vikings are asking Jaleel Johnson to be the backup NT. There are many examples from the game of him lacking strength at the point of attack against double teams. https://t.co/HIPtQ2REUD. (Matt Fries on Twitter)

Post #: 6346
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/15/2019 8:41:42 AM   
Bruce Johnson

I don't believe it will happen.

https://thevikingage.com/2019/08/15/minnesota-vikings-5-trade-partners-treadwell/

Post #: 6347
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/15/2019 8:54:04 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

I don't believe it will happen.

https://thevikingage.com/2019/08/15/minnesota-vikings-5-trade-partners-treadwell/

I don't know why anyone would send an asset to the Vikings for a player they know the Vikings will cut.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 6348
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/15/2019 9:24:40 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

Watching the defensive tackles in the Saints game, one thing I still struggle with is wondering why the Vikings are asking Jaleel Johnson to be the backup NT. There are many examples from the game of him lacking strength at the point of attack against double teams. https://t.co/HIPtQ2REUD. (Matt Fries on Twitter)

jaleel johnson is on my surprise cut list...shamar stephens takes over for joseph next season....

Hub Arkush@Hub_Arkush
Pro Football Weekly has confirmed that Bears weren’t just in on Kaare Vedvik trade talks with Ravens, they were the most aggressive of 5 teams before Vikings outbid them.

< Message edited by ratoppenheimer -- 8/15/2019 9:25:42 AM >

Post #: 6349
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/15/2019 9:34:18 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Best defense is a good offense.

Pro Football Weekly has confirmed that Bears weren’t just in on Kaare Vedvik trade talks with Ravens, they were the most aggressive of 5 teams before Vikings outbid them. (Hub Arkush on Twitter)

Post #: 6350
Page:   <<   < prev  252 253 [254] 255 256   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  252 253 [254] 255 256   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode