Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  254 255 [256] 257 258   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/15/2019 8:42:48 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikegreitzer

An ambitious--but no doubt feeble--attempt to make sense out of Laquon Treadwell.

http://vikings61.com/how-laquon-treadwell-missed-at-the-next-level/

And: what happens if he catches 6 passes on Sunday? Only kindling for trade talk?

Good article, mike. I thought for sure that Tread was going to be a good one for us, even with his lack of top end speed. He has been a huge disappointment for us to this point, for sure.
Post #: 6376
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/15/2019 8:44:47 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

I just went to ESPN and saw the Headline that Cousins has a torn ACL and will likely miss the season.

Then I realized they were talking about DeMarcus.

I almost fell out when I read that. Thanks for the anxiety attack, kg!
Post #: 6377
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/15/2019 9:12:27 PM   
Bruce Johnson

If we are wondering what possible surprise is in store for us on cut down day, this could be it:

Rookie DT Armon Watts gets a 2nd consecutive day of 1st team reps at NT. Could he be surpassing Jaleel Johnson on the depth chart behind Linval Joseph?

https://vikingsspin.wordpress.com/2019/08/15/vikings-training-camp-notes-8-15-2019/

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 6378
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/15/2019 9:14:21 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Rick Spielman said the #Vikings will likely make a decision on whether or not CB Mike Hughes goes on the PUP list during the last week of the preseason (via the VEN) (Sean Borman on Twitter)

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 6379
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/15/2019 9:41:06 PM   
Bruce Johnson

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/8/15/20807830/minnesota-vikings-training-camp-august-15-day-15-recap

Post #: 6380
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/15/2019 9:46:10 PM   
Viking Rich

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

quote:

quote:

I have a parking pass for the seahawks game. Its located right next to the stadium, with an attached bridge to it.

$20. PM Me..

I didn't get the impression that David was selling anything. You are, and even if it's the best deal in the world, is this really the place to do that?

I say, don't sell shit in here. Slippery slope.

BTW, good to see you back. I was hopeful you might have some Viking knowledge/opinion to share. Be better.

I've occassionally mentioned parking passes for three years. So, this isnt anything new. I made a post and if someone reaches out, they do. If not, thts fine too.

I've put in enough blood, sweat and tears on this site to mention a hugely discounted parking pass for one of our peeps on here to use. Sorry you were offended .

I thought I remembered Ian giving away prizes for contests in here Pete?

Not sure him making a couple parking passes available for a toll is that big a deal?

Understand not making this a flea market for sure though.

There was a separate thread for the prizes and draft stuff. That was nice of Ian. I never participated but I appreciated what he did, and where he did it.

I have a townhouse in Eden Prairie for rent, in a Viking community, should I pitch that here?

Make a thread for selling shit is all I'm saying.

Renting Townhouses/ Selling Viking parking passes on a Viking fan thread- Apples/ Oranges IMO..

But I’m not one of those last word guys 😳 I don’t think? Haha

I do get it Pete.

Originally the post to sell the parking spots was no big deal. Now what do we have, like 50 posts on it?

That's more hits than you could get on ebay

I would hope if someone has a couple tickets they needed to unload they wouldnt think twice about mentioning right here where people you associate with can have a good shot at going to the game. Blows me away we would even consider it being an issue

Is that what you're going to charge me?

ps: going to the Dallas game this year! (and I'm not all that excited about it but don't tell my wife, please)

Going to that game too!

Still wondering if I want to fly or drive. It's about a 4 1/2 hour drive. Really hate driving more than 3 hours in my old age

Give Chandler the Rock
Post #: 6381
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/15/2019 9:49:16 PM   
Viking Rich

quote:

I just went to ESPN and saw the Headline that Cousins has a torn ACL and will likely miss the season.

I gasped for a hot second

Then I realized you purposely injected your second line a ways down for you to have to scroll

Let's hope it doesn't happen for real! (knocks on wood)

Give Chandler the Rock
Post #: 6382
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/15/2019 10:03:30 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I have a parking pass for the seahawks game. Its located right next to the stadium, with an attached bridge to it.

$20. PM Me..

I didn't get the impression that David was selling anything. You are, and even if it's the best deal in the world, is this really the place to do that?

I say, don't sell shit in here. Slippery slope.

BTW, good to see you back. I was hopeful you might have some Viking knowledge/opinion to share. Be better.

I've occassionally mentioned parking passes for three years. So, this isnt anything new. I made a post and if someone reaches out, they do. If not, thts fine too.

I've put in enough blood, sweat and tears on this site to mention a hugely discounted parking pass for one of our peeps on here to use. Sorry you were offended .

I thought I remembered Ian giving away prizes for contests in here Pete?

Not sure him making a couple parking passes available for a toll is that big a deal?

Understand not making this a flea market for sure though.

There was a separate thread for the prizes and draft stuff. That was nice of Ian. I never participated but I appreciated what he did, and where he did it.

I have a townhouse in Eden Prairie for rent, in a Viking community, should I pitch that here?

Make a thread for selling shit is all I'm saying.

Renting Townhouses/ Selling Viking parking passes on a Viking fan thread- Apples/ Oranges IMO..

But I’m not one of those last word guys 😳 I don’t think? Haha

I do get it Pete.

Originally the post to sell the parking spots was no big deal. Now what do we have, like 50 posts on it?

That's more hits than you could get on ebay

I would hope if someone has a couple tickets they needed to unload they wouldnt think twice about mentioning right here where people you associate with can have a good shot at going to the game. Blows me away we would even consider it being an issue

Is that what you're going to charge me?

ps: going to the Dallas game this year! (and I'm not all that excited about it but don't tell my wife, please)

This year it's 53 large
Post #: 6383
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/15/2019 10:19:52 PM   
Ricky J

It went up. Do i have to buy you a beer, too.
Post #: 6384
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/15/2019 11:11:26 PM   
thebigo

quote:

53 larges.
Post #: 6385
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/15/2019 11:24:15 PM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-vikings-laquon-treadwell-available-210216280.html

I hope this comes to fruition and we don't have to include picks (though I would be willing). Getting ANYTHING for him would be a steal.

Would it be worth a seventh rounder to entice a team to take Treadwell off our books? We would only save just over a mil. I am thinking that the team wants to keep extra linebackers for special teams purposes. Maybe the Vikings should keep only four receivers and maybe keep two on the practice squad.

YES! I have proposed this over and over. Either a swap of picks or include a pick. We've got enough lower round comp picks to not miss one.

The roster spot and cap space are much more valuable than next year's late round pick.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 6386
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/15/2019 11:43:54 PM   
Viking Rich

Give Chandler the Rock
Post #: 6387
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/16/2019 2:08:49 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbusse

quote:

Your message made me nauseous, seriously. I didn’t see the second part. I was thinking Sloter, Browning,... walked away for a few minutes. Looked at Twitter and knew we were OK.

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter
After losing QB Nate Sudfeld to a broken bone above his left wrist, Eagles lost his his backup Cody Kessler to a potential concussion. Now left with Clayton Thorson playing QB vs Jaguars, with backup QB questions for this summer.

Krauser@Krauserrific
Trade Mannion to the Eagles....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 6388
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/16/2019 4:33:44 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

If we are wondering what possible surprise is in store for us on cut down day, this could be it:

Rookie DT Armon Watts gets a 2nd consecutive day of 1st team reps at NT. Could he be surpassing Jaleel Johnson on the depth chart behind Linval Joseph?

https://vikingsspin.wordpress.com/2019/08/15/vikings-training-camp-notes-8-15-2019/

spielman made several great 3rd day draft picks this year...and they're at positions that we will need next season and beyond....

samia, watts, udoh, boyd and olibisi johnson - i think that all of these players will start getting serious playing time over the next few years.....

< Message edited by ratoppenheimer -- 8/16/2019 5:36:13 AM >

Post #: 6389
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/16/2019 6:02:00 AM   
ratoppenheimer

i think that johnson is the only rookie that makes the cut...maybe two on the practice squad....

thielen
diggs
beebe
johnson
taylor
badet - cousins is a long-baller - we need to keep badet for when we need to streatch the field....

Post #: 6390
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/16/2019 6:26:46 AM   
Bruce Johnson

https://thevikingage.com/2019/08/16/5-things-minnesota-vikings-watch-preseason-seahawks/

Post #: 6391
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/16/2019 6:49:35 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Viking Rich

Going to that game too!

Still wondering if I want to fly or drive. It's about a 4 1/2 hour drive. Really hate driving more than 3 hours in my old age

We're flying out of Chicago - very reasonable ticket prices.

Ticket prices at Jerry's house are nuts.

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 8/16/2019 6:51:02 AM >
Post #: 6392
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/16/2019 6:50:26 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

53 larges.

Oh. Got it.

Jeez
Post #: 6393
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/16/2019 7:43:38 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

spielman made several great 3rd day draft picks this year...and they're at positions that we will need next season and beyond....

samia, watts, udoh, boyd and olibisi johnson - i think that all of these players will start getting serious playing time over the next few years.....

JJohnson has had plenty of opportunities. He doesn't seem to do much with them.
Post #: 6394
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/16/2019 9:44:09 AM   
jbusse

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

JJohnson has had plenty of opportunities. He doesn't seem to do much with them.

The nice thing about Armon Watts is, as stated in his draft profile, "his ability to anchor against double teams and defeat single blocks is NFL-caliber." We need another biggie especially if Linval continues slowing down.
Post #: 6395
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/16/2019 10:06:28 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Paul Allen on the radio saying what I've been thinking. It's possible the Vikings carry only 4 wr's and load up on the practice squad. Also Blasingame has to be kept on the 53 man roster or he will be gone. He also believes Hughes will not start on the PUP.

Post #: 6396
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/16/2019 10:10:53 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Armon Watts weighs only 300 lbs. and I'm wondering if he can standup to the power run up the middle that Johnson can not. I realize it's not just weight, but also keeping the pads down and maintaining good leverage.

I don't know. What do you think?

Post #: 6397
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/16/2019 10:27:01 AM   
jbusse

quote:

Armon Watts weighs only 300 lbs. and I'm wondering if he can standup to the power run up the middle that Johnson can not. I realize it's not just weight, but also keeping the pads down and maintaining good leverage.

I don't know. What do you think?

Watts is a small biggie, notorious for stopping runs up the middle.
Post #: 6398
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/16/2019 11:56:02 AM   
mikegreitzer

Well, coming out of college, everybody thought he (Treadwell) was the next Chris Carter!

Kind of makes you appreciate Carter a whole bunch more.

< Message edited by mikegreitzer -- 8/16/2019 12:03:59 PM >
Post #: 6399
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/16/2019 1:00:32 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikegreitzer

Well, coming out of college, everybody thought he (Treadwell) was the next Chris Carter!

Kind of makes you appreciate Carter a whole bunch more.

Carter's career didn't get off to the best start....

Of course that's because he was high all the time.

In Treadwell's case it's just because he sucks.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 6400
Page:   <<   < prev  254 255 [256] 257 258   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  254 255 [256] 257 258   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode