Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  255 256 [257] 258 259   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/16/2019 1:42:28 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikegreitzer

Well, coming out of college, everybody thought he (Treadwell) was the next Chris Carter!

Kind of makes you appreciate Carter a whole bunch more.

I was wrong about him, but I'm in good company.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 6401
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/16/2019 2:19:26 PM   
mikegreitzer

I think Mr. Blasingame deserves an expose. Let's crack the Google and Game Pass open!

Until then---

http://vikings61.com/vikings-2019-training-camp-your-final-exam/
Post #: 6402
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/16/2019 3:39:22 PM   
ratoppenheimer

Chris Tomasson@christomasson
Bad day for Dan Bailey he was just one of three on field goals with Chad Beebe holding made it from 39 hit left upright from 44 Missed from 48 now 3 of 6 on day.

Daniel House@DanielHouseNFL
In Dan Bailey's second session, he went 1-for-3, with a make from 37 (left hash) yards out. His misses were from 44 (right hash), 48 (right hash). He's now 3-for-6 today. Beebe was holding for both periods. #Vikings

Arif Hasan@ArifHasanNFL
Bailey now 3 for 6. Misses were left, right and an upright (left),

more...bailey was kicking and vedvik was punting today....

Eric Thompson@eric_j_thompson
Dan Bailey has now missed 18 "live" kicks in #VikingsCamp. I believe 16 of those have been from the right hash mark.

via vikingsspin....

1.) Today was Dan Bailey’s turn to practice FGs so Kaare Vedvik returned to practicing Punting along with Matt Wile.

Bailey went 3 of 6 on FGs today in team drills. Chad Beebe was the holder on all 6 tries.

Vedvik’s punts had distances of 61, 61, 49, 59, 58, 62 & 54 with excellent hang time

2.) WR Stefon Diggs made an unbelievable one handed catch during 1 on 1 drills. Here he is dancing and the Vikings used the clip in their twitter feed today to celebrate the final day of camp:

3.) Kirk Cousins found Diggs on a beautiful deep post pass play. He was able to split between Waynes & Harris on the play.

4.) The Vikings Depth WRs really came to play today just as they needed to in their fight for roster spots. Jordan Taylor, Dillon Mitchell, Chad Beebe & Brandon Zylstra all showed out well today.

5.) The Vikings continue to use TE screens effectively. Today it was Cousins finding Rudolph on the nifty and effective play.

6.) RB Mike Boone is getting some extra work on Special Teams today. He was the Gunner on punt coverage. That is normally where the Vikings have had Ameer Abdullah playing. Boone and Abdullah are battling for the RB3 spot as well. Boone ripped off a nice long run today as well in team drills and showed excellent burst all day. He’s out there making his case today.

7.) CB Trae Waynes had a nice pass breakup against Adam Thielen.

8.) The Vikings continue to throw in end around during practice and today they had an end around to Davion Davis who threw the ball complete down the sideline to Alexander Mattison.

9.) Backup Safety Derron Smith continues to have a solid camp and is making a case for himself to make the roster as a reserve on defense.

10.) Backup QB Sean Mannion had another strong day. He continues to make his case to be QB2.

< Message edited by ratoppenheimer -- 8/16/2019 4:31:38 PM >

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 6403
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/16/2019 5:31:08 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Vikingsspin told me he sees Stephen as the best backup to Joseph.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 6404
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/16/2019 5:45:17 PM   
David Levine

I wonder how Dan Bailey did today...
Post #: 6405
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/16/2019 6:20:46 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

I wonder how Dan Bailey did today...

I love the drama with the kicking game.
Only in Minnesota

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 8/16/2019 9:37:08 PM >
Post #: 6406
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/16/2019 6:30:23 PM   
thebigo

quote:

I think Mr. Blasingame deserves an expose. Let's crack the Google and Game Pass open!

Until then---

http://vikings61.com/vikings-2019-training-camp-your-final-exam/

Question 2E: who the f*** is Linval Johnson?
Post #: 6407
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/16/2019 8:53:22 PM   
Viking Rich

I do worry about this

http://vikings61.com/belly-of-defensive-line-shows-vikings-vulnerability/

Give Chandler the Rock
Post #: 6408
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/16/2019 10:45:12 PM   
Pager

https://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2019-minnesota-vikings-1837166258

Favorite fan post:

Mick:

Madden 20 rated our long snapper as the “toughest” player on the team. Granted, he lost a finger and kept playing, but goddamnit.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 6409
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/16/2019 10:58:33 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Viking Rich

I do worry about this

http://vikings61.com/belly-of-defensive-line-shows-vikings-vulnerability/

quote:

I do think perhaps our defensive line was a little caught off guard with the smash mouth approach of the Saints offensive line as opposed to the outside zone blocking scheme they were being matched up in practice, don't you think?

I do think perhaps our defensive line was a little caught off guard with the smash mouth approach of the Saints offensive line as opposed to the outside zone blocking scheme they were being matched up in practice, don't you think? (Plus missing both of our running down DT's.) It is a point of emphasis during this past off-season: we want to run the ball more effectively and we want to stop the run more effectively. As I have been posting today, I don't think Johnson is the man to be the backup nose tackle.

Linval Joseph and Brian O’Neill are both on the rehab field pushing a sled as they ramp up their recovery. O’Neill doing so without a brace on his arm.

(Sam Ekstrom on Twitter)

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 8/16/2019 11:04:18 PM >

Post #: 6410
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/16/2019 11:12:19 PM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

https://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2019-minnesota-vikings-1837166258

Favorite fan post:

Mick:

Madden 20 rated our long snapper as the “toughest” player on the team. Granted, he lost a finger and kept playing, but goddamnit.

Great line right at the start:
"GM Rick Spielman, who looks like a televangelist who does vanity HGH treatments"
Post #: 6411
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/16/2019 11:13:40 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbusse

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

I just went to ESPN and saw the Headline that Cousins has a torn ACL and will likely miss the season.

Then I realized they were talking about DeMarcus.

Your message made me nauseous, seriously. I didn’t see the second part. I was thinking Sloter, Browning,... walked away for a few minutes. Looked at Twitter and knew we were OK.

Sorry. I thought people would freak out at first but then see the bottom of the post.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 6412
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/16/2019 11:24:12 PM   
mikegreitzer

OH MY--that's JIM from TAXI as the Klingon Captain.

And yes, Laquon just sucks. If he goes to another team, he won't be any better.
Post #: 6413
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/16/2019 11:25:56 PM   
mikegreitzer

I hope so so very very much
Post #: 6414
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/16/2019 11:27:57 PM   
mikegreitzer

ya got me. lack of editors here. fixed.

but F bombs kinda uncool when they appear on site comments--

thank u kindly BIGO
Post #: 6415
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/17/2019 2:25:49 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

Vikingsspin told me he sees Stephen as the best backup to Joseph.

i think that's why he's here...we're losing some high-paid talent next season....

vikings' 2020 salary cap space w/ top 51 = <$23,252,503>

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 6416
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/17/2019 8:21:32 AM   
kgdabom

You got to love Terrell Davis's predictions for NFC North.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQFFgM-bSUg

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 8/17/2019 8:24:49 AM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 6417
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/17/2019 8:21:40 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

thank u kindly BIGO

No need for all caps - he ain't that big!
Post #: 6418
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/17/2019 8:35:28 AM   
Ricky J

Baltimore Ravens @Ravens
We have signed K Cameron Nizialek.
Post #: 6419
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/17/2019 9:05:41 AM   
Ragnarök

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/16/kirk-cousins-plans-to-look-for-more-off-schedule-run-opportunities/

Does anyone have the slightest fear that our coaches are trying to re-invent Kirk's game? I believe there was a reason he was coached up to stay in pocket and not look for those "run opportunities" while in Washington. I believe they knew his lack of field awareness, ball security and fumbling issues were a real problem as well as the fact they had just lost the hyper scrambling RG3 to injury forcing them to reinvent their game with Kirk at signal caller...

Hopefully its all just a smokescreen and some improved O line blocking and an improved running game called by reinvented O schemes afford Kirk the pocket comfort he requires for his game to work and his play action abilities to prosper. The idea of him taking a page from Fran's book and scrambling around to buy time to create plays has opposing D players licking their chops at swatting that ball outta there Im sure...

Didnt pay Kirk as we did to have him come in and be Case Keenum 2.0 with a stronger arm...

https://zonecoverage.com/2019/featured/two-key-areas-a-deeper-look-into-kirk-cousins-fumbles-and-play-action-success/
Post #: 6420
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/17/2019 9:33:24 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

thank u kindly BIGO

Post #: 6421
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/17/2019 9:36:49 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ragnarök

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/16/kirk-cousins-plans-to-look-for-more-off-schedule-run-opportunities/

Does anyone have the slightest fear that our coaches are trying to re-invent Kirk's game? I believe there was a reason he was coached up to stay in pocket and not look for those "run opportunities" while in Washington. I believe they knew his lack of field awareness, ball security and fumbling issues were a real problem as well as the fact they had just lost the hyper scrambling RG3 to injury forcing them to reinvent their game with Kirk at signal caller...

Hopefully its all just a smokescreen and some improved O line blocking and an improved running game called by reinvented O schemes afford Kirk the pocket comfort he requires for his game to work and his play action abilities to prosper. The idea of him taking a page from Fran's book and scrambling around to buy time to create plays has opposing D players licking their chops at swatting that ball outta there Im sure...

Didnt pay Kirk as we did to have him come in and be Case Keenum 2.0 with a stronger arm...

https://zonecoverage.com/2019/featured/two-key-areas-a-deeper-look-into-kirk-cousins-fumbles-and-play-action-success/

No. They are implementing a play action type offense, which Cousins has proven to be one of the best in the league at.
Post #: 6422
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/17/2019 9:42:55 AM   
thebigo

quote:

thank u kindly BIGO

Question 2E: who's that dagnabbed Linval Johnson fellar?
Post #: 6423
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/17/2019 9:47:46 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

thank u kindly BIGO

ha ha

- sorry, bud <jk>
Post #: 6424
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/17/2019 11:21:34 AM   
Pager

https://www.skornorth.com/vikings-2/2019/08/how-kirk-cousins-accuracy-can-drive-the-vikings-offense/

Think this is a good read.

4th best in the league in risk-adverse throws. All throws to Treadwell are risky.

With Thielan and Diggs, I hope Cousins takes more risks.

I think Cousins can get back to 2016 with Kubiak's offense similar to McVay's where he was the 3rd most accurate passer in the NFL.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 6425
Page:   <<   < prev  255 256 [257] 258 259   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  255 256 [257] 258 259   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode