Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  258 259 [260] 261 262   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2019 9:27:52 AM   
Bruce Johnson

I'm reading that Seattle had a number of missing backup offensive linemen and Lynch was playing with a number of threes and fours protecting him.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 6476
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2019 9:50:51 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Easily noticeable during the preseason is the drop off from starting caliber offensive lineman to the second and third units. Reliable OL play is scarce throughout the league. (Jordan Reid on Twitter)

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 6477
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2019 10:08:02 AM   
drviking

Mannion looked better than I thought he would

Irv looked better

Still like Sloter on game days

Mattison looks pretty good

Just missed a big screen play

Bradbury looks legit and Elf looking solid

Can't wait for the season

"Only one thing left to do..."
Post #: 6478
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2019 10:08:41 AM   
drviking

The game is on skillout for those that want to see it condensed

Post #: 6479
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2019 10:13:47 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Paul Allen is favoring Badet over Zylstra in the battle for the fifth wide receiver. He also is saying that Jayron Kearse has become a really good gunner, which is one more signal that Treadwell is gone.

He still favors Abdulah over Boone, but it's closer now.

He still loves Blasingame and says the Vikings have to keep him.

Post #: 6480
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2019 10:55:21 AM   
Bruce Johnson

I would like the Vikings to keep only two quarterbacks and look to trade one for even a lower draft pick. I was surprised that the rookie didn't play yesterday.

Post #: 6481
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2019 11:23:24 AM   
David F.

I think at a minimum the coaches need to start talking about Sloter to #2, Boone to #2, and Irv to #1. I know Irv to #1 seems premature. Irv’s blocking’s last night was far superior to Rudolph’s and Irv’s receiving skills this far have shown to be at least as good as rudolph’s with potential for so much more.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 6482
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2019 11:30:16 AM   
Bruce Johnson

I have been critical of Irv, but he has shown that he is making strides and I'm hoping that that it continues.

Post #: 6483
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2019 12:13:21 PM   
drviking

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

I think at a minimum the coaches need to start talking about Sloter to #2, Boone to #2, and Irv to #1. I know Irv to #1 seems premature. Irv’s blocking’s last night was far superior to Rudolph’s and Irv’s receiving skills this far have shown to be at least as good as rudolph’s with potential for so much more.

It's apparent that they don't believe in Sloter. And with their track record for evaluation of QB talent....

Mattison and Boone appear to be nice option. Abdullah is in trouble I think

Irv made a nice step forward. Not sure I want a rookie TE to be #1.

I like several guys who are going to be cut

Post #: 6484
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2019 12:24:18 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Will CB Hill be suspended for another game because of his hit to the quarterback?

We are getting to the time where we can offer opinions about final roster projections. Shall we start with cornerback?

Here is my projection barring injury:

Rhodes, Waynes, Alexander and Hughes are locks. Do we keep five or six? I'll say six because Hughes is not 100% and so Boyd and Benwikere are kept, but they are certainly not locks. There could very well be some trading activity or waiver pickup activity. Also, I'm wondering about Boyd and his injury. Benwikere has experience and he reportedly played better yesterday evening. Anyway, for now those are my six? Of course Hill goes to the suspended list. I believe he will be with the team later in the year.

Post #: 6485
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2019 12:25:15 PM   
Bruce Johnson

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/8/19/20811457/stock-market-report-seahawks

Post #: 6486
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2019 12:35:27 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Forgive me for this because it is not Vikings related, but I just want to offer my respect to a great sports broadcaster who passed away. There is a video at this link that is really good- maybe the best thing you will see all day or even all week.

https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/27416027/hall-fame-broadcaster-whitaker-dies-95?fbclid=IwAR3-yP4r9MNWC7j0YkwbNCbsp01MpszLzuNuRLDsUVvG6oTpFSDkMYNOq0k

Post #: 6487
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2019 12:42:43 PM   
Bruce Johnson

#Vikings LBs through 2 games

Cameron Smith: 8 Tackles
Reshard Cliett: 6 Tackles
Devante Downs: 5 Tackles, 1 INT, 1 PD
Kentrell Brothers: 5 Tackles, 2 PDs
Ben Gedeon: 5 Tackles (Purple Post on Twitter)
Anthony Barr: 4 Tackles
Eric Kendricks: 3 Tackles
Eric Wilson: 2 Tackles

My guess is that they only keep six.

Post #: 6488
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2019 12:45:22 PM   
Bruce Johnson

we don't have a preference....we're telling you the team clearly prefers Mannion (Matthew Coller on Twitter)

Post #: 6489
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2019 12:47:58 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Oh my of Elflein had a 35.7 grade lol. Only one pressure allowed but got roasted a bunch of other times it was just on quicker passes. Really bad night for him. 43.2 PBLK

Other PBLK grades (note: I think this is pass blocking grades only)
Hill 78.3
Reiff 83.0
Bradbury 78.8
Kline 65.9

On my rewatch I pretty much agree!

(Luke Braun on Twitter)

Post #: 6490
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2019 12:50:31 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Yes. Here are the run blocking grades:

Run blocking was very poorly graded and I also agree.

Reiff 53.9
Elflein 38.2
Bradbury 55.6
Kline 56.9
Hill 57.8

Post #: 6491
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2019 12:52:20 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Danny Isadora and Dozer looked good here:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1163486036078366721

Post #: 6492
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2019 12:53:18 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Everyone talks about Jalyn Holmes and Hercules Mata'afa but Armon Watts has quietly had himself a really good preseason as well. 4 tackles, 0.5 sack, 1 QB hit, and a pass break-up. (Purple Post on Twitter)

Post #: 6493
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2019 12:56:47 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Highest Grades from last nights #Vikings game vs the Seahawks according to PFF

-Brett Jones 90.5
-Brandon Zylsta 85.6
-Laquon Treadwell 84.9
-Kyle Sloter 81.4

(Matt Anderson on Twitter)

Post #: 6494
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2019 12:58:27 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Highest grades on Defense for the #Vikings last night according to PFF

-Kentrell Brothers 90.0
-Jayron Kearse 86.7
-Karter Schult 85.9
-Duke Thomas 78.5

(Harrison Smith with 90.2 lead the way but I was excluding starters

(Matt Anderson on Twitter)

Post #: 6495
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2019 1:00:24 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Lowest grades on offense for the #Vikings according to PFF

-Chad Beebe 47.2
-Cornelius Edison 43.8
-Pat Elflien 35.7

For Defense

-Holton Hill 43.7
-Curtis Cothran 43.4
-Anthony Harris 30.9

Post #: 6496
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2019 1:01:26 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Oli Udoh is way ahead of schedule. Long way to go, but I love the potential. He looks like he’s making the team tbh (Luke Braun on Twitter)

Post #: 6497
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2019 1:03:10 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I am very surprised by this. What the!

Rookies Dillon Mitchell and Davion Davis are the only players on the #Vikings offense who haven’t caught a pass yet in the preseason. (Purple Post on Twitter)

Post #: 6498
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2019 1:04:19 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Jordan Taylor got lost on special teams too. Far fall for the one-time front runner for WR3 (Luke Braun on Twitter)

Post #: 6499
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/19/2019 1:05:48 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Marcus Epps had like 3 different embarrassing moments last night (Luke Braun on Twitter)

I think one was failing to grab a fumble.

Post #: 6500
Page:   <<   < prev  258 259 [260] 261 262   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  258 259 [260] 261 262   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode