Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  264 265 [266] 267 268   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/20/2019 3:59:46 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Kaare Vedvik goes 5 of 7 during field goal periods today, all with Matt Wile holding. Missed from 50 and 59; too short. #Vikings (Andrew Krammer on Twitter)

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 6626
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/20/2019 4:03:08 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I'm down on Badet because he can't stay on the field.

Jeff Badet leaves practice early with apparent lower body injury. Also not practicing today Bisi Johnson so WR corps lowered And Brian O’Neill Aviante Collins Ade Aruna still out Linval Joseph returns for some team work (Chris Tomasson on Twitter)

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 6627
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/20/2019 4:16:48 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I asked Daniel House what he thought was the position group where the toughest cuts will have to be made. He answered with probably the defensive line- the Vikings will have options all along the line. (paraphrasing)

Post #: 6628
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/20/2019 4:25:51 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Joseph, who turns 31 in October, has played 78 of 83 games since signing with #Vikings five years ago. Still played 64.4% of snaps last season, about what he typically sees. They've been cautious with him for good reason, to get him ready for Sept. 8.

(Andrew Krammer on Twitter)

Post #: 6629
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/20/2019 4:56:15 PM   
jbusse

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

Kaare Vedvik goes 5 of 7 during field goal periods today, all with Matt Wile holding. Missed from 50 and 59; too short. #Vikings (Andrew Krammer on Twitter)

I’m hoping those attempts were left-footed.
Post #: 6630
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/20/2019 5:26:31 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Maybe Zim should realize the potential in Sloter, and give him a lot more playing time, and see if he can get those things up to speed, while maintaining or improving the rest of his game.

I WAS inpressed with some of Mannion's throws, just didn't like his accuracy on the deeper throws.

Have they not realized his potential by aggressively getting and keeping this guy?

I don’t think they are blind to Sloter’s play in the preseason ... I doubt they are giddy about Mannion. Probably wish they had a combination of the two but will settle for the guy who can operate the playbook without training wheels.
Post #: 6631
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/20/2019 5:26:48 PM   
Pager

quote:

This is huge. (no pun intended)

Linval Joseph got in a full practice with the #Vikings today for the first time this summer per multiple reports (Adam Patrick on Twitter)

Best news of the preseason. Our interior D had zero chance without him.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 6632
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/20/2019 5:38:28 PM   
quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

RE: Sloter

I salivate over his play in a vanilla offense against 3rd teamers also.

I disagree with most in here about why he is stuck behind Mannion: I doubt it is knuckle-headed coaching myopia, its probably Sloter's fault ... for not being able to improve his mental grasp of the position and offense (to catch up with physical tools). Maybe he can only operate a vanilla / schoolyard offense (which most likely won't work against nfl defenses).

The team obviously likes the way he can throw a football / his physical skillset - a lot - we have invested quite a bit for a developmental project. Until he shows can orchestrate a fuller version of the offense, not sure he'll get a chance to prove himself against the twos or ones.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chris Tomasson
‏ @christomasson
3h3 hours ago
Fox analyst Charles Davis on Kyle Sloter: “I like him a lot in what he does but unless you see him working against 1st-string guys it’s hard to evaluate But he’s out there performing I think he plays with a lot of confidence I think he wants to compete for the job of.. No. 2 guy"

Chris Tomasson
‏ @christomasson
3h3 hours ago
#Vikings coach Mike Zimmer on Kyle Sloter 1/2: “I don’t know that you guys know all the little details about everything you see. You just see how he goes and does the games. He’s got to get a lot better in a lot of the other parts of being a quarterback. Making the right checks..

Chris Tomasson
‏ @christomasson
3h3 hours ago
#Vikings Mike Zimmer on Kyle Sloter 2/2: "Getting the people in the right formation, making sure the motion's there. Not missing the time clock when it’s eight yards in front of you. There’s a lot of things that he has to get better at if he wants to be the backup quarterback.’’

Chris Tomasson
‏ @christomasson
3h3 hours ago
Without fully saying so, #Vikings coach Mike Zimmer pretty said that Sean Mannion (barring injury) will be his backup quarterback. He's not getting caught up in Kyle Sloter preseason stats against third-teamers.

Perhaps Sloter should apologize for looking like he does all those things wrong yet consistently moves the only version of offense Zimmer and crew give him down the field literally every single game.

I can only imagine if Sloter had a 5-10 outing, or gawd forbid an actual interception, Zim prolly waives him last year.
  Post #: 6633
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/20/2019 5:47:36 PM   
Bruce Johnson

O'Neil came back to practice today too, albeit in a limited manner.

Post #: 6634
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/20/2019 6:08:01 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

Maybe he can only operate a vanilla / schoolyard offense (which most likely won't work against nfl defenses).

Perhaps Sloter should apologize for looking like he does all those things wrong yet consistently moves the only version of offense Zimmer and crew give him down the field literally every single game.

I can only imagine if Sloter had a 5-10 outing, or gawd forbid an actual interception, Zim prolly waives him last year.

Maybe Sloter determines the only version of offense he can handle, which is third team.
Post #: 6635
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/20/2019 6:12:48 PM   
Tom Sykes

I would love to see Sloter and / or coaching staff – whoever is stifling the opportunity – get past it.
Post #: 6636
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/20/2019 6:14:49 PM   
David Levine

Its amazing Sloter finds his way to practice every day...
Post #: 6637
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/20/2019 6:23:51 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

You think maybe Siri directions are even too complicated for him?
Post #: 6638
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/20/2019 7:45:33 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

It's getting ridiculous. I find it hard to believe we get to the promised land with certain people in the organization not able to see that Sloter is AT LEAST a better option than frickin Manion!

Can we at least give him a chance with the 2s? Maybe I am asking too much.
Post #: 6639
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/20/2019 9:04:44 PM   
Pager

quote:

quote:

quote:

Maybe he can only operate a vanilla / schoolyard offense (which most likely won't work against nfl defenses).

Maybe Sloter determines the only version of offense he can handle, which is third team.

Been a ton of quotes from Sloatgoat, coaches, articles posted regarding what is going on. Plenty of commentary on here from all sides.

My last comment and then I'll leave it alone. If everything that Sloatgoat is doing or not doing in practice is so detrimental, why not give him some reps in preseason with some higher competition? Siemian looked awful last year and Mannion has ZERO ceiling. Higher competition would expose any flaws.

I remember another guy that had a bad rep about practice. He was traded from ATL to GB for a second.

But that's just my opinion and now I'm done.

Post #: 6640
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/20/2019 9:09:56 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

quote:

quote:

quote:

Been a ton of quotes from Sloatgoat, coaches, articles posted regarding what is going on. Plenty of commentary on here from all sides.

My last comment and then I'll leave it alone. If everything that Sloatgoat is doing or not doing in practice is so detrimental, why not give him some reps in preseason with some higher competition? Siemian looked awful last year and Mannion has ZERO ceiling. Higher competition would expose any flaws.

I remember another guy that had a bad rep about practice. He was traded from ATL to GB for a second.

I've been thinking the same thing.
Post #: 6641
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/20/2019 9:38:56 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

That guy turned out to be pretty good. I haven't seen enough from Sloter to put him in that column, but he's looked good against the teams he's played against.
Post #: 6642
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/20/2019 9:53:48 PM   
thebigo

quote:

It sounds like Jones has graded out well and Elflein has not. Perhaps Jones should start in his place. Elflein may just have had a really bad matchup vs the Seahawks, too. That happens. I want to see one more game and I'll be watching Elflein.

Must not be a good practice player.
Post #: 6643
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/20/2019 9:54:51 PM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

It sounds like Jones has graded out well and Elflein has not. Perhaps Jones should start in his place. Elflein may just have had a really bad matchup vs the Seahawks, too. That happens. I want to see one more game and I'll be watching Elflein.

Must not be a good practice player.

Well played.

Post #: 6644
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/20/2019 10:08:54 PM   
Bruce Johnson

More confirmation that Bradbury is good.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/baldys-breakdowns/0ap3000001042860/Analyzing-Vikings-rookie-center-Garrett-Bradbury-Baldy-s-Breakdowns

Post #: 6645
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/20/2019 10:31:01 PM   
marty

Wouldn't game time be weighted at least 5 times stronger than practice time ?

If not, then maybe Zimmer would have started Doug Pederson over Favre, because Pederson practiced better.

The criticisms if Sloter sound much easier to fix then many of the failings of the QBs in front of him on the depth chart.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 6646
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/20/2019 10:51:24 PM   
beo

quote:

More confirmation that Bradbury is good.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/baldys-breakdowns/0ap3000001042860/Analyzing-Vikings-rookie-center-Garrett-Bradbury-Baldy-s-Breakdowns

LOVE these Baldy breakdowns... such good content.

Super excited about Bradbury.

Very concerned about Eflein...
Post #: 6647
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/20/2019 10:53:55 PM   
beo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

This regime is just soooo conservative about playing young offensive guys...
I already mentioned Diggs.
They were starting Hill over O'Neil before injury.
In my opinion they probably should have been playing Brett Jones over Elfein last year.
Troubling.

PUT THE BEST TALENT ON THE FIELD!
Post #: 6648
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/20/2019 11:59:12 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

In my opinion they probably should have been playing Brett Jones over Elfein last year.
Troubling.

Freaking Treadwell!

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 6649
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/21/2019 12:25:25 AM   
Viking Rich

quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Troubling.

AMEN

Give Chandler the Rock
Post #: 6650
Page:   <<   < prev  264 265 [266] 267 268   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  264 265 [266] 267 268   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode