Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  265 266 [267] 268 269   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/21/2019 7:55:43 AM   
jbusse

quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

RE: Sloter

Maybe he can only operate a vanilla / schoolyard offense (which most likely won't work against nfl defenses).

Perhaps Sloter should apologize for looking like he does all those things wrong yet consistently moves the only version of offense Zimmer and crew give him down the field literally every single game.

I can only imagine if Sloter had a 5-10 outing, or gawd forbid an actual interception, Zim prolly waives him last year.

Maybe Sloter determines the only version of offense he can handle, which is third team.

Been a ton of quotes from Sloatgoat, coaches, articles posted regarding what is going on. Plenty of commentary on here from all sides.

My last comment and then I'll leave it alone. If everything that Sloatgoat is doing or not doing in practice is so detrimental, why not give him some reps in preseason with some higher competition? Siemian looked awful last year and Mannion has ZERO ceiling. Higher competition would expose any flaws.

I remember another guy that had a bad rep about practice. He was traded from ATL to GB for a second.

But that's just my opinion and now I'm done.

I've been thinking the same thing.

This regime is just soooo conservative about playing young offensive guys...
I already mentioned Diggs.
They were starting Hill over O'Neil before injury.
In my opinion they probably should have been playing Brett Jones over Elfein last year.
Troubling.

PUT THE BEST TALENT ON THE FIELD!

Not easy to make sense of what went on with last year's interior line. All three of last year's interior offensive linemen played horribly last year, yet Brett Jones saw almost no action. Either Brett Jones is not very good (despite his performance both pre-seasons), or last year's decision makers chose to go with worse players for some unknown reason.
Post #: 6651
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/21/2019 8:02:12 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Young #Vikings RB Mike Boone received a strong compliment from Mike Zimmer today, probably loftier than he may realize after 111 yards on 22 touches: "I was impressed with what he did on special teams probably more so than running back.”

(Andrew Krammer on Twitter)

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 6652
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/21/2019 8:16:20 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Elflein imitating a matador here.

https://twitter.com/Purple_Post/status/1163857135379210241?s=09

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 6653
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/21/2019 9:04:46 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbusse

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Maybe he can only operate a vanilla / schoolyard offense (which most likely won't work against nfl defenses).

Perhaps Sloter should apologize for looking like he does all those things wrong yet consistently moves the only version of offense Zimmer and crew give him down the field literally every single game.

I can only imagine if Sloter had a 5-10 outing, or gawd forbid an actual interception, Zim prolly waives him last year.

Maybe Sloter determines the only version of offense he can handle, which is third team.

Been a ton of quotes from Sloatgoat, coaches, articles posted regarding what is going on. Plenty of commentary on here from all sides.

My last comment and then I'll leave it alone. If everything that Sloatgoat is doing or not doing in practice is so detrimental, why not give him some reps in preseason with some higher competition? Siemian looked awful last year and Mannion has ZERO ceiling. Higher competition would expose any flaws.

I remember another guy that had a bad rep about practice. He was traded from ATL to GB for a second.

In my opinion they probably should have been playing Brett Jones over Elfein last year.
Troubling.

Not easy to make sense of what went on with last year's interior line. All three of last year's interior offensive linemen played horribly last year, yet Brett Jones saw almost no action. Either Brett Jones is not very good (despite his performance both pre-seasons), or last year's decision makers chose to go with worse players for some unknown reason.

The biggest question I have is after all the snaps at Center in the preseason why not let Jones play center and let Elf play guard when he was back healthy and you leave Remmers at RT. Instead Jones was shunned like he turned on electricity and drove a car everyday.

It was almost like they had big plans for Collins and his injured made them numb to obvious changes???

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 6654
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/21/2019 10:12:31 AM   
Bruce Johnson

#Vikings nose tackle Linval Joseph returns to practice as a full participant, says he's "way stronger" than last year. https://t.co/AbVLPxUEnV

Post #: 6655
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/21/2019 10:42:16 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

We've seen tons of those on the Vikings OLine the past couple years.
Its mind-boggling at times.
Its like some of them can't even grasp the simplest aspect of the position … "at least make the guy go through you"
At least making the guy truck you …. would add a couple half-seconds to the pass protection.
Post #: 6656
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/21/2019 10:48:18 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

Its like some of them can't even grasp the simplest aspect of the position … "at least make the guy go through you"
At least making the guy truck you …. would add a couple half-seconds to the pass protection.

What's really troubling is that Elf was supposed to be poised for a good year. There was no injury rehab in the off season. Just strengthening and conditioning. He was also moving back to what was supposed to be his better position. Now one blown protection in a preseason game should not cause a panic, but that certainly wasn't a good omen.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 6657
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/21/2019 10:50:31 AM   
Bruce Johnson

https://purpleptsd.com/oli-udoh-has-been-dominant/

Post #: 6658
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/21/2019 10:57:38 AM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Troubling.

An entire new group of offensive line coaches making the exact same mistakes as the previous group.
Post #: 6659
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/21/2019 11:02:43 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

quote:

What's really troubling is that Elf was supposed to be poised for a good year. There was no injury rehab in the off season. Just strengthening and conditioning. He was also moving back to what was supposed to be his better position. Now one blown protection in a preseason game should not cause a panic, but that certainly wasn't a good omen.

And as in the end he had 2 guys to block, it could be argued that Bradbury didn't call the right right blocking scheme for that play. Or that Bradbury did not recognize the overload on Elfleins side and failed to pick the guy up when Elflein by necessity initiated the handoff.
Post #: 6660
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/21/2019 11:07:32 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian Joseph

Keep in mind that in order for practice squad type players to get sniped at the cutdown to 53, they have to be added to someone else's 53. I'm not sure we are in danger of losing many of our cuts to THAT.

With that being said, good linemen and quarterbacks are at big time risk, if exposed. Proceed with grave caution if cutting Sloter and Udoh.

I think we keep 3 QBs.

QBs (3)
RB and FB (5)
WR (5)
Oline (9)
TE (3)

DLine (9)
LB (6)
CB and S (10)

ST (3)

I think we keep Blasingame over Abdullah. Boone and Ham make team.

4th WR is Bisi Johnson
5th is between Taylor, Badet , Zylstra and Mitchell. I say Badet so we have one true burner.

Oline: Reiff, Elf, Bradbury, Kline, O'Neill, Udoh, Hill, Samia and Dozier or Isadora.
Post #: 6661
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/21/2019 11:21:21 AM   
Bruce Johnson

More on Udoh being dominant.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/locked-on-vikings-daily-podcast-on-the-minnesota-vikings/id1144153403#episodeGuid=ce63f86e-c3d5-11e9-9b6f-7be267eff399

Post #: 6662
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/21/2019 11:26:00 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

Keep in mind that in order for practice squad type players to get sniped at the cutdown to 53, they have to be added to someone else's 53. I'm not sure we are in danger of losing many of our cuts to THAT.

With that being said, good linemen and quarterbacks are at big time risk, if exposed. Proceed with grave caution if cutting Sloter and Udoh.

I think we keep 3 QBs.

QBs (3)
RB and FB (5)
WR (5)
Oline (9)
TE (3)

DLine (9)
LB (6)
CB and S (10)

ST (3)

4th WR is Bisi Johnson
5th is between Taylor, Badet , Zylstra and Mitchell. I say Badet so we have one true burner.

Oline: Reiff, Elf, Bradbury, Kline, O'Neill, Udoh, Hill, Samia and Dozier or Isadora.

Jones absolutely before Dozier and Isadora
Post #: 6663
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/21/2019 11:54:50 AM   
beo

quote:

quote:

I think we keep 3 QBs.

QBs (3)
RB and FB (5)
WR (5)
Oline (9)
TE (3)

DLine (9)
LB (6)
CB and S (10)

ST (3)

4th WR is Bisi Johnson

I was really hoping Badet would take off... he has elite deep speed(in theory).
But dude is hurt again... he may just not be cut out for the NFL.
Post #: 6664
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/21/2019 12:09:32 PM   
jbusse

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

quote:

And as in the end he had 2 guys to block, it could be argued that Bradbury didn't call the right right blocking scheme for that play. Or that Bradbury did not recognize the overload on Elfleins side and failed to pick the guy up when Elflein by necessity initiated the handoff.

There were a couple other plays by Elflein that were similar. The three bad ones are at 11:30, 9:30 (the matador one), and 6:15 (1st quarter clock times).
Post #: 6665
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/21/2019 1:21:50 PM   
Bruce Johnson

#Vikings LB coach Adam Zimmer on the VEN, “Anthony Barr is probably the smartest player I’ve ever coached. Up there with Jonathan Vilma and those guys. He asks questions that you don’t even think players think about... He is extremely smart.”

(Sean Norman on Twitter)

Post #: 6666
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/21/2019 3:55:46 PM  1 votes
drviking

quote:

#Vikings LB coach Adam Zimmer on the VEN, “Anthony Barr is probably the smartest player I’ve ever coached. Up there with Jonathan Vilma and those guys. He asks questions that you don’t even think players think about... He is extremely smart.”

(Sean Norman on Twitter)

Questions like "did you ever notice that dog spelled backwards is God?"

"Only one thing left to do..."
Post #: 6667
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/21/2019 4:06:24 PM   
kwheats

quote:

quote:

I think we keep 3 QBs.

QBs (3)
RB and FB (5)
WR (5)
Oline (9)
TE (3)

DLine (9)
LB (6)
CB and S (10)

ST (3)

4th WR is Bisi Johnson

QBs -3
RB&FB -5
WR-6 keep Zylstra and Mitchell
O-LINE -9
TE -4

D-LINE -9
LB -5
CB&S -9 Kearse back up safety and big cb slot

ST-3

Keep extra cb and linebacker on practice squad
Post #: 6668
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/21/2019 4:07:25 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think we keep 3 QBs.

QBs (3)
RB and FB (5)
WR (5)
Oline (9)
TE (3)

DLine (9)
LB (6)
CB and S (10)

ST (3)

4th WR is Bisi Johnson

I wasn't very impressed with Badet on KO returns.

He's extremely frail looking as well. We do need a guy whom can take the top of a defense off but they have to be good at tracking and catching the deep ball.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 6669
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/21/2019 4:14:06 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think we keep 3 QBs.

QBs (3)
RB and FB (5)
WR (5)
Oline (9)
TE (3)

DLine (9)
LB (6)
CB and S (10)

ST (3)

4th WR is Bisi Johnson

I wasn't very impressed with Badet on KO returns.

He's extremely frail looking as well. We do need a guy whom can take the top of a defense off but they have to be good at tracking and catching the deep ball.

You mean like a first round pick?
Post #: 6670
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/21/2019 4:45:28 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Every projection is different.

https://youtu.be/H2HwZigCTME

Post #: 6671
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/21/2019 4:47:58 PM   
Bruce Johnson

https://vikingsspin.wordpress.com/2019/08/21/vikings-practice-notes-8-21-2019/

Post #: 6672
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/21/2019 5:49:27 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

https://purpleptsd.com/oli-udoh-has-been-dominant/

He could be the O Line version of Hunter. Unpolished, but incredible physical specimen.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 6673
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/21/2019 5:51:42 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: drviking

quote:

(Sean Norman on Twitter)

Questions like "did you ever notice that dog spelled backwards is God?"

Attribute your quotes. That was Ogre in Revenge of the Nerds 2.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 6674
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/21/2019 6:49:29 PM   
bohumm

Jones was horrible at the beginning of last season, which is maybe why he didn't play thereafter....
Post #: 6675
Page:   <<   < prev  265 266 [267] 268 269   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  265 266 [267] 268 269   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode