Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  293 294 [295] 296 297   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/31/2019 5:41:32 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

Currently not crazy about Abdullah over Blasingame, but not apoplectic either.

If you gave me a choice i'm choosing Blasingame. Hopefully he clears waivers.

hopefully, we told blasingame we'll give him a sweet practice squad deal....

jaleel johnson is one i was sure we'd let go....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 7351
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/31/2019 5:48:32 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

4 TEs.
4 WRs.

Looks like we are going against the grain and will be all about running the ball, screw decades of rule changes favoring the pass

The new 64 Mustang will be unveiled at halftime of week 8.

Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
·
22m
#Vikings will keep an eye on the waiver wire for another wide receiver Keep in mind also that they haven't ruled out bringing back Jeff Badet. Key for Badet is to stay healthy. He hurt his finger in warmups Thursday but wasn't waived with injury designation So that's worth noting

Injuries aside, what has Jeff Badet shown?
Post #: 7352
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/31/2019 5:49:36 PM   
thebigo

So when do cut players start getting picked up?
Post #: 7353
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/31/2019 5:50:21 PM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

4 TEs.
4 WRs.

Looks like we are going against the grain and will be all about running the ball, screw decades of rule changes favoring the pass

Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
·
22m
#Vikings will keep an eye on the waiver wire for another wide receiver Keep in mind also that they haven't ruled out bringing back Jeff Badet. Key for Badet is to stay healthy. He hurt his finger in warmups Thursday but wasn't waived with injury designation So that's worth noting

I guess just speed.
Post #: 7354
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/31/2019 5:50:38 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

quote:

4 TEs.
4 WRs.

Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
·
22m

Exactly!
Post #: 7355
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/31/2019 5:58:06 PM   
mikegreitzer

In the firestorm of emotions about Vedvik and Sloter, we offer some optimistic speculation in regard to the one and only Minnesota Vikings' placekicker--

https://vikings61.com/vikings-dan-bailey-scared-straight/

Almost went with a "Its A Wonderful Life" angle....
Post #: 7356
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/31/2019 6:06:33 PM   
Ricky J

Where did the info on Beebe missing assignments come from? Since that came out the Beebe hate around here has been off the charts
Post #: 7357
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/31/2019 6:16:01 PM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

Where did the info on Beebe missing assignments come from? Since that came out the Beebe hate around here has been off the charts

Zimmer.

I wouldn't call it hate; I for one am pulling for him to improve. But he hasn't shown anything this offseason---at all. He's had drops, blown patterns, and uninspiring punt returns. His rep as "uncoverable" in practice gives hope, but only if he shows he can hang onto the ball.

Hopefully he gets it together....
Post #: 7358
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/31/2019 6:33:53 PM   
thebigo

quote:

What am I going to have to look this up my damn self?
Post #: 7359
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/31/2019 6:48:42 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

delete ... so much for a good joke

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 8/31/2019 9:54:10 PM >
Post #: 7360
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/31/2019 7:04:06 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

Currently not crazy about Abdullah over Blasingame, but not apoplectic either.

I'm depressed about it. I might be suicidal if he gets plucked by another team. Kidding only a bit.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 7361
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/31/2019 7:47:22 PM   
kevinemmer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

4 TEs.
4 WRs.

Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
·
22m

Exactly!

This regime’s interest in bringing back Badet only high-lights how clueless we are.
🙁
Post #: 7362
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/31/2019 9:31:58 PM   
kgdabom

We should be bringing back Aldrick.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 7363
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/31/2019 9:56:40 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: kevinemmer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

4 TEs.
4 WRs.

Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
·
22m

Exactly!

This regime’s interest in bringing back Badet only high-lights how clueless we are.
🙁

Just some Joe Blow tossing any receivers name in there

If it was KGB writing it would have read... Keep in mind also that they haven't ruled out bringing back Dillon Mitchell
Post #: 7364
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/31/2019 10:33:22 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Happy Norseman

Have we heard if Watts made the team? After watching some of the preseason games, I thought Watts, Udoh, Samia and Boone needed to make the team. Not sold on Beebe as the #3 at all. I suspect the team will sign a vet who’s been cut from another team as the 5th WR. Would have liked to keep Sloter, but not gonna lose any sleep over his getting cut.

Strike that. Just saw the link to the 53 man roster.

I would probably keep Sloter over JJohnson.

Dozier could be gone if we find another WR.

Kicking situation

< Message edited by Mark Anderson -- 8/31/2019 10:35:09 PM >
Post #: 7365
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/31/2019 11:44:58 PM   
beo

Pretty disappointed in some roster moves...

Usually I don't get bent out of shape as the guys we typically are wringing our hands over are fringe guys who don't make a whole lot of impact.
That being said...

1) Sloter
Let's say there really is some valid reason Sloter has to go... like maybe some substance abuse issue.
God I hope so because this kid just balled out when he had an opportunity.
Why the @#$# didn't you talk him up and eventually get some trade value for him?
This is such a QB starved league it's hard to believe his f'ing preseason stats are AT LEAST AS VALUABLE AS THE F'ING 5TH ROUNDER YOU GAVE FOR A K/P!!!!

2) Blasigame
I think they do have a deep talented pool of TEs. I like all of them.
BUT... I highly doubt the 4th TE (AS MUCH AS I LIKE HIM), will have as big of an impact as Blasingame could have had at FB.
Now, if you are hitched to Ham maybe Blasingame never sees the field.
But that's very shortsighted IMO... Ham is just a dude... Blasingame has the physical potential to give you some mismatches.

3) Vedvik
They probably made the right choice here... just a big disappointment... whatever the Vikings do to kickers coaching wise is tragic...
Even though they spent a 5th on him, and I was pretty pumped at the time, he just doesn't have it... punts didn't have the hang time... FGs totally erratic... god, it sucks

4) WR
PLEASE BRING IN A REALISTIC 3WR!!!!

ugghhh... i'm sick of being so negative...

Maybe Zim totally proves me wrong and I happily eat crow all year!
Post #: 7366
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/1/2019 12:37:20 AM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

Usually I don't get bent out of shape as the guys we typically are wringing our hands over are fringe guys who don't make a whole lot of impact.
That being said...

1) Sloter
Let's say there really is some valid reason Sloter has to go... like maybe some substance abuse issue.
Why the @#$# didn't you talk him up and eventually get some trade value for him?
This is such a QB starved league it's hard to believe his f'ing preseason stats are AT LEAST AS VALUABLE AS THE F'ING 5TH ROUNDER YOU GAVE FOR A K/P!!!!

2) Blasigame
BUT... I highly doubt the 4th TE (AS MUCH AS I LIKE HIM), will have as big of an impact as Blasingame could have had at FB.
But that's very shortsighted IMO... Ham is just a dude... Blasingame has the physical potential to give you some mismatches.

3) Vedvik
They probably made the right choice here... just a big disappointment... whatever the Vikings do to kickers coaching wise is tragic...
Even though they spent a 5th on him, and I was pretty pumped at the time, he just doesn't have it... punts didn't have the hang time... FGs totally erratic... god, it sucks

4) WR

This is how I'm feeling. I would have taken the Nightingame over Ham, Dillon, or Abdullah. I originally though J Johnson too, but a DT is worth more that a FB.

< Message edited by Pager -- 9/1/2019 12:44:14 AM >

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 7367
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/1/2019 12:42:10 AM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Knute

This is now two NFL teams who have let the Almighty Kyle SLoter just walk away after he put together a great preseason(s).

Count me in the non-plussed crowd over this move.
There's obviously something about the kid that we don't know about.

I highly, highly doubt he becomes Brett Favre 2.0

This is a revisionist history.

Paxton Lynch got hurt in the preseason for the Broncos close to the start of the season. Not bad enough for PUP but was expected to miss a game or two. They brought back Osweiler because he knew the system and they couldn't start the season that thin at QB. It became a numbers game.

3 teams bid on Sloter, INCLUDING THE BRONCOS. Vikings outbid to secure Sloter.

Don't let the facts get in the way of your narrative.

Post #: 7368
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/1/2019 12:46:40 AM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

quote:

delete ... so much for a good joke

I believe they all have to clear Waivers (those that are eligible for the PS) after which they can be re-signed or signed.

EDIT:
Waivers should be done by Noon Sunday.

< Message edited by Pager -- 9/1/2019 1:27:18 AM >

Post #: 7369
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/1/2019 6:02:57 AM   
ratoppenheimer

The first part of things is the waiver process, which will be completed by noon Central time on Sunday. Whenever a team releases a player with less than four seasons of NFL experience, they are subject to the waiver process. Players with four or more seasons in the NFL that are released automatically become free agents and can sign with any other team immediately.

The order of priority for these waiver claims currently mirrors the first-round selection order for the 2019 NFL Draft, as it’s based on records from last season. (It stays that way until after Week 3, when 2019 records start being used.) By that measure, the Vikings sit at #18 on the priority list. So, if they put in a waiver claim on a player, they need to keep their fingers crossed and hope that none of the 17 teams in front of them try to claim the same player. If they do, the Vikings are out of luck.

After waiver claims have been processed, teams can start assembling their practice squads. Practice squads generally consist of younger players that teams feel can, eventually, contribute, but could use some more seasoning and development with an NFL coaching staff.

Per the most recent Collective Bargaining Agreement, the minimum salary for a practice squad player is $7,600/week, which works out to just under $130,000 for a full 17-game season. Teams can pay practice squad players more than the minimum (in an effort to keep them from getting “poached” by another team), but that’s the minimum...daily norseman

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 7370
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/1/2019 7:00:14 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Some players may opt to go to the practice squad of another team, right? Certainly the Vikings may be interested in other players around the league to be part of our practice squad, but it seems that it would be better to prioritize player who could step in immediately.

I'm thinking that offensive linemen from our cuts are not so appealing. We did keep 10 for the 53 man roster and I'm sure the thinking was that it was likely that another team would snatch Udoh because many teams are hurting for offensive line depth. I bet many other teams did not keep 10, though.

What surprised me the most was that we kept 10 defensive linemen. It was arguably our deepest position group, though. I like it because I want to see more rotations during the game to keep them fresh until the fourth quarter. I also think certain players may have match up advantages over certain offensive linemen.

Anyway, we still don't know how it all will shake out. More changes are likely to the 53 man roster.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 7371
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/1/2019 7:03:22 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Which position group for the Vikings still needs to be supplemented? Receivers probably. Anything else? Another corner? I think for the most part we are set.

Post #: 7372
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/1/2019 7:34:07 AM   
Ian Joseph

quote:

Today.

Hate the message, not the messenger.

Enjoy the process; crave the goal.

Believe.
Post #: 7373
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/1/2019 7:36:49 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

Which position group for the Vikings still needs to be supplemented? Receivers probably. Anything else? Another corner? I think for the most part we are set.

Weren't there rumors that we liked Doctson in the Treadwell draft?
Post #: 7374
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/1/2019 7:39:33 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

That being said...

1) Sloter

2) Blasigame

3) Vedvik

4) WR

This is how I'm feeling. I would have taken the Nightingame over Ham, Dillon, or Abdullah. I originally though J Johnson too, but a DT is worth more that a FB.

I think we saw the writing on the wall last year. We need to keep the pocket somewhat clean and Cousins is very good.

So keep 10 Oline, 4 TE and the best blocking FB.

And hope that Thielen and Diggs stay healthy.
Post #: 7375
Page:   <<   < prev  293 294 [295] 296 297   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  293 294 [295] 296 297   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode