Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  37 38 [39] 40 41   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 6:48:37 PM   
Todd M

No idea if 100% accurate but read that teams are 2955-698 (80% winning) since 2000 when running 30+ times.
Post #: 951
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 7:11:03 PM   
marty

So Stefon likes Stef ?

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 952
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 7:11:34 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Sam Newton@SamNewton31
@DHunt94_TX through 14 games:

– 66 tackles
– 14.5 sacks
– 20 tackles for loss

Hunter is the first since J.J. Watt and Khalil Mack in 2015 to record at least 65 tackles, 14.0 sacks and 20 tackles for loss in a season. Watt won DPOY that season.

What a find!

He is amazing, and surpassed Griffen by a wide margin.

Quite a bit faster then I thought he would.

Just turned 24.

I mean, he's only 11 months older than Brian O'Neill...
Post #: 953
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 7:12:38 PM   
marty

I wonder how many teams that were behind by 10 or more, at 15 carries, ran the ball 15 more times to victory ?

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 954
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 7:15:37 PM   
quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

Viking.com videos

Question: Do you expect to see more runs?

Matt Birk: ... maybe a couple more but you are who you are. This team is at it's best when you throw to set up the run.

Zim's coaching record with running (I'm sure many of you have seen it but here it is anyway):

20+ runs a game, record is 45-14
-20 runs a game, 0-16-1

The old "why run and try to win 13-10 in this new age NFL?" will come up.

When actually if we run well we can play action and get medium to deep shots with passing game.

Vikes 41 Dolphins 17

This is really quite amazing Mark!

Not surprising some dipsticks can’t see the forest through the trees. (And don’t want to)

I kind of figured our talent advantage, and their walk off win let down would lead to at least a win, but shit man, right on the button.. wow!

Hey we either gain some serious momentum from this, or we go into Detoilet and once again under achieve..

Optimism may be in short supply, but that is what I envisioned when I thought about our offense in the summer.

The Defense has found its often dominant self, thus making us competitive again even if our Offense became disfunctional.

Even the Cousins haters cannot doubt the TD pass to Robinson when we were stagnant.
  Post #: 955
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 7:23:26 PM   
marty

From Terry, I hope this season, and hopefully a playoff run, is termed "the letdown that never happened"

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 956
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 7:23:28 PM   
quote:

quote:

quote:

Sam Newton@SamNewton31

– 66 tackles
– 14.5 sacks
– 20 tackles for loss

Hunter is the first since J.J. Watt and Khalil Mack in 2015 to record at least 65 tackles, 14.0 sacks and 20 tackles for loss in a season. Watt won DPOY that season.

What a find!

He is amazing, and surpassed Griffen by a wide margin.

Quite a bit faster then I thought he would.

Just turned 24.

I mean, he's only 11 months older than Brian O'Neill...

Yeah I just remember all the high draft picks we wasted on the Underwood’s and Alexander’s of the world to find a pass rushing DE.

Actually Griffen was a great find as well. Hunter must just be a freak.
  Post #: 957
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 7:31:48 PM   
Todd M

One thing that has stood out to me with Cook is that he explodes up to and through the LOS...so where another RB might be down immediately he is most likely to take at least a couple and more when he gets any breathing room. He's really grown on me since he's gotten past all the injury slow downs.
Post #: 958
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 7:38:25 PM   
Ricky J

I find myself juiced about football right now.

Underneath the pessimism/disappointment has always been the what if it's us that puts it together at the right time ...

What if ...
Post #: 959
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 7:50:31 PM   
marty

So Stefon diggs Stefan ?

If Kevin is a big Diggs fan, the Vikes win a Super Bowl, and Kevin names his son after Diggs: Stefon Stefanski

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 960
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 7:58:11 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

Couple notes after watching highlights:

1) This is the Dalvin Cook we hoped for when he was drafted... great vision, lateral cuts and burst
2) Morgan and Ham deserve a lot of credit in the run game... that Murray TD owed a lot to them...
3) TE stayed in to protect on the bomb to Aldrick Robinson
4) Defense stayed aggressive late... like more than 4 rushers very late into the game

I don't think we are suddenly "all better" and some kind of juggernaut... I think the Dolphins aren't very good and made a ton of mistakes today...

That being said, 2,3,4 are very very encouraging to see.

Why the hell it takes our coaching staff so long to figure out I have no idea.
I pray they stick with the trend above... but we'll see.

p.s.
Barr played great... most dominate game I can remember for quite a while.
Kendricks continues to make some big mistakes... like the long run... I thought he was our most reliable LB last year... no idea what's up with that.

p.s.s. Speaking of long run... I think Dolphins have a real player in that Bellange kid... good cuts and gets up to afterburners fast!

I see he was selected in the fourth round with a pick the Dolphins acquired from the Eagles for Jay Ajayi.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 961
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 8:08:07 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

Sam Newton@SamNewton31

– 66 tackles
– 14.5 sacks
– 20 tackles for loss

Hunter is a gem. He deserves recognition but it will be hard to overcome what Donald is doing.

Glad we have this guy locked up. He is nothing short of amazing.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 962
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 8:13:00 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

Sam Newton@SamNewton31

– 66 tackles
– 14.5 sacks
– 20 tackles for loss

Hunter is a gem. He deserves recognition but it will be hard to overcome what Donald is doing.

And we had some posters that thought it was an overpay....
Post #: 963
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 8:16:53 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

One thing that has stood out to me with Cook is that he explodes up to and through the LOS...so where another RB might be down immediately he is most likely to take at least a couple and more when he gets any breathing room. He's really grown on me since he's gotten past all the injury slow downs.

What stands out to me about Cook is his yards after contact. The guy is extremely hard to tackle. I mean he isn't throwing people off him or running people over like AD in his prime. He somehow sidesteps or changes direction so would be tacklers can't wrap him up. I did not expect him to be this good of a runner between the tackles. I like Murray but he goes down much quicker and easier than Cook. If he can stay healthy and we can get this oline back to avg or above...watch out.

Post #: 964
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 8:20:40 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

quote:

Viking.com videos

Matt Birk: ... maybe a couple more but you are who you are. This team is at it's best when you throw to set up the run.

Zim's coaching record with running (I'm sure many of you have seen it but here it is anyway):

-20 runs a game, 0-16-1

When actually if we run well we can play action and get medium to deep shots with passing game.

Vikes 41 Dolphins 17

Not surprising some dipsticks can’t see the forest through the trees. (And don’t want to)

I kind of figured our talent advantage, and their walk off win let down would lead to at least a win, but shit man, right on the button.. wow!

Hey we either gain some serious momentum from this, or we go into Detoilet and once again under achieve..

Optimism may be in short supply, but that is what I envisioned when I thought about our offense in the summer.

The Defense has found its often dominant self, thus making us competitive again even if our Offense became disfunctional.

Even the Cousins haters cannot doubt the TD pass to Robinson when we were stagnant.

Yeah Kurt that deep pass to Robinson was awesome! I just love seeing passes like that right in stride. Let's beat Detroit now and keep this momentum going. The defense is playing playoff caliber. If the offense can just be decent anything can happen. No stupid letdown game this week!
Post #: 965
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 8:21:49 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sam Newton@SamNewton31

– 66 tackles
– 14.5 sacks
– 20 tackles for loss

Looking more like a brinks job. Esp when you factor in his age (as you mentioned).

He's just a pup and if it were not for Donald he would be the front runner for defensive player of the year.

I still like your idea of moving him over the LT permanently.

Post #: 966
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 8:23:11 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

What stands out to me about Cook is his yards after contact. The guy is extremely hard to tackle. I mean he isn't throwing people off him or running people over like AD in his prime. He somehow sidesteps or changes direction so would be tacklers can't wrap him up. I did not expect him to be this good of a runner between the tackles. I like Murray but he goes down much quicker and easier than Cook. If he can stay healthy and we can get this oline back to avg or above...watch out.

He's not tall, but he's definitely not little. 5'10, 210 is solid.

Murray is probably a good 15 pounds heavier than Cook, but its also stretched out over 4-5" in height.
Post #: 967
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 8:23:57 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

quote:

Viking.com videos

-20 runs a game, 0-16-1

Vikes 41 Dolphins 17

Yeah Kurt that deep pass to Robinson was awesome! I just love seeing passes like that right in stride. Let's beat Detroit now and keep this momentum going. The defense is playing playoff caliber. If the offense can just be decent anything can happen. No stupid letdown game this week!

Cousins amazes and baffles me. He can be so good yet can be a bonehead all in the same series.

Post #: 968
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 8:25:01 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

quote:

He's not tall, but he's definitely not little. 5'10, 210 is solid.

Murray is probably a good 15 pounds heavier than Cook, but its also stretched out over 4-5" in height.

That spin move td told me that hes officially back! You dont do that like that without serious confidence. Hes looking more comfortable every week.
Post #: 969
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 8:25:07 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sam Newton@SamNewton31

– 66 tackles
– 14.5 sacks
– 20 tackles for loss

Looking more like a brinks job. Esp when you factor in his age (as you mentioned).

He's just a pup and if it were not for Donald he would be the front runner for defensive player of the year.

Its crazy, He has 5 more years on his contract after this one - and he'll still be 2 years younger than Griffen is now when he signs the next one.
Post #: 970
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 8:26:02 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Viking.com videos

-20 runs a game, 0-16-1

Vikes 41 Dolphins 17

Cousins amazes and baffles me. He can be so good yet can be a bonehead all in the same series.

The backwards passes need to stop asap! I think we can all agree on that.
Post #: 971
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 8:29:48 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sam Newton@SamNewton31

– 66 tackles
– 14.5 sacks
– 20 tackles for loss

Its crazy, He has 5 more years on his contract after this one - and he'll still be 2 years younger than Griffen is now when he signs the next one.

How is that?

Did he graduate early from HS. I mean not many reach the pros at 20

Post #: 972
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 8:31:40 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Viking.com videos

-20 runs a game, 0-16-1

Vikes 41 Dolphins 17

The backwards passes need to stop asap! I think we can all agree on that.

Saw one of them or close to it this past game. IDK what it is but he isn't nearly as calm cool and collect as he was the first part of the season.

Post #: 973
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 8:35:37 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

No idea if 100% accurate but read that teams are 2955-698 (80% winning) since 2000 when running 30+ times.

Might seem like an amazing stat but it's not. Teams run more when they have the lead.

Getting out front like we did is so important.

Stefanski passed the acid test for me with that well scripted 1st drive. Then they did it 2 more time before the 1st qtr expired!

Post #: 974
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/17/2018 8:37:03 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sam Newton@SamNewton31

– 66 tackles
– 14.5 sacks
– 20 tackles for loss

How is that?

Did he graduate early from HS. I mean not many reach the pros at 20

I know he played as a 17 year-old true freshman, and played 3 years of college.

Not bad for a kid that didn't even come to the US until he was 8 years old.
Post #: 975
Page:   <<   < prev  37 38 [39] 40 41   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  37 38 [39] 40 41   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode