Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  84 85 [86] 87 88   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/8/2019 4:00:51 PM   
Ragnarök

https://www.nbcsports.com/video/did-packers-make-right-move-hiring-matt-lafleur?ls=pftvod

Did the Pack get the guy to make Rodgers and team better?

Hope Matt LaFleur is the next Les Steckle for the Pack!
Post #: 2126
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/8/2019 4:03:54 PM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Happy Norseman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ragnarök

Speaking with a buddy who writes for Daily Norseman and he doesnt remember the incident being covered there on how someone posted the memos of Kirks turn overs around the facility... So I guess I will retract that until I find the correct article from mid season to footnote...

My point on that was more on coaching and how the current regime seems to not have the best bead on how to motivate players... It was a dick move who ever did the posting of such memo and only served to rattle a QB who may have issues with being called out... The year before it had differing results on how Case was treated in media with the big balls and lack of respect and confidence from the HC in pressers even... That BS isnt going to work with Cousins.. AND neither did the weirdness that was the stuffed animal slaughter of 2016 in the locker room just before the bye when we were 5-0 complete with fake blood and a sign saying Fat Cats Get Slaughtered, how did that impact the rest of that season?

Coaching ineptitude and team chemistry was huge in how this season unraveled... I just believe the TURTLE is still in the building and next year is potentially more of same...

That's because it didn't happen. If it fit had, you would find it with a simple google search and EVERYONE here would remember it.

I gave you all the information you needed to look up the correct event. Cousins did a presser about it. It was a team specific stat not a Cousins specific stat. Right around the bye.

Again context matters. You gave anecdotal data about Cousins and 40 passes. To make it meaningful, post how that compares league-wide, or even top 15 QBs. Doesn't matter who wrote it. You posted it you own it. You cherry pick articles, quotes, stats. It's obvious you have an agenda.

I agree 100% with Todd. Being a one-trick pony gets old. Criticize all you want. Right now, I'd call Cousins a Jeff George/Jay Cutler type signing. I think he needs to work on improv. I'm also confident it was the best choice at the time, and hopeful/believe with an oline improvement and right OC, he can lead us deep into the playoffs.

I agree about the comparison of Cousins to George/Cutler in terms of ability...but not attitude. Kirk seems to want to be a good teammate. When he was coaching Cutler, Adam Gase proved that the right OC can get a QB to elevate his game. Hopefully, whoever the Vikings pick as the OC will be able to get the most out of Cousins.

Great point. I didn't mean it imply attitude, love of the game, coach-ability, toughness, or anything other than EXTREMELY talented QBs that are inconsistent, TO prone and yet to consistently win. But all of them could sling the dime like no ones business.

Again I go back to coaches I respect. McVay, Shanahan, Fleur, etc. All love Cousins.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 2127
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/8/2019 4:08:58 PM   
Phil Riewer

Wasn't there a LeFleur in Dodgeball?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A_WXBpT6ag

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 2128
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/8/2019 4:22:50 PM   
Jason Dorn

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

At least Art left for the year when he hated our QB so we didn't have to read the constant drivel...

Hate is a strong word and fits your narrative ... post after post calling for "our" "old" Head coach to be fired is not drivel? Art left for good not 1 year- account terminated. TOE leaving did not sit well with him.

Skol ... Vikings can win the Super Bowl.
Post #: 2129
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/8/2019 4:30:19 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Dorn

quote:

At least Art left for the year when he hated our QB so we didn't have to read the constant drivel...

Hate is a strong word and fits your narrative ... post after post calling for "our" "old" Head coach to be fired is not drivel? Art left for good not 1 year- account terminated. TOE leaving did not sit well with him.

I'm talking about the Favre year(s).

Art took a sabbatical from the board (and apparently the team) during that time, and came back when Favre left.
Post #: 2130
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/8/2019 4:43:25 PM   
Jason Dorn

quote:

quote:

quote:

Art took a sabbatical from the board (and apparently the team) during that time, and came back when Favre left.

Ok- that was a few years ago. Misunderstood after the disagreements you had on Cousins. TOE leaving upset Art and was the tipping point.

Skol ... Vikings can win the Super Bowl.
Post #: 2131
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/8/2019 5:27:41 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

Koetter has an offer from Atlanta too. Stepanski prob has to decide between Giants and Vikings if Zimm offered it to him....plus there is Mularkey. Then there is the money part.

In about 8 hours Stefanski is free to interview for OC jobs with other teams. But he's currently on his way to Cleveland again:

Multiple sources on social media are reporting that Stefanski is on his way back to Cleveland for a second interview with the Browns, and that he is one of two finalists for the team’s head coaching job. The other finalist is Freddie Kitchens, who was promoted to the Browns’ offensive coordinator job during the season following the firing of Hue Jackson.

Post #: 2132
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/8/2019 5:29:53 PM   
thebigo

quote:

https://www.nbcsports.com/video/did-packers-make-right-move-hiring-matt-lafleur?ls=pftvod

Did the Pack get the guy to make Rodgers and team better?

Hope Matt LaFleur is the next Les Steckle for the Pack!

I'd prefer it last more than one season.
Post #: 2133
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/8/2019 5:40:59 PM   
Ragnarök

Two names off the board are now in Atlanta

Word on Monday night was that the Falcons had offered Dirk Koetter a job as their offensive coordinator and the team announced his hiring on Tuesday. They also announced that Mike Mularkey is their new tight ends coach.

Mike McCarthy anyone?

< Message edited by Ragnarök -- 1/8/2019 5:49:50 PM >
Post #: 2134
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/8/2019 5:59:05 PM   
David Levine

With the NFL offseason in full swing, the Minnesota Vikings are not the only team looking for an offensive coordinator. Unfortunately. . .or fortunately, depending on your perspective. . .one team has taken not one, but two of the coaches that were connected to the Vikings’ OC vacancy off of the table in one swoop.

The Atlanta Falcons have just announced that they have hired former Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ head coach Dirk Koetter to be their new offensive coordinator. In addition to him, they have also announced the hiring of Mike Mularkey to be their new tight ends coach.

Koetter and Mularkey were two of the names that had been connected to the Vikings’ offensive coordinator position. The others are current OC Kevin Stefanski, who is in the process of getting a second interview with the Cleveland Browns, and former Browns’ head coach Hue Jackson.

While numerous names have been connected to the Vikings for the job thus far, it doesn’t sound as though they’ve actually interviewed anybody for the position at the present time. Some of that might have been a wait-and-see approach with Stefanski, who was under contract with the team until today.

If Stefanski does, indeed, bolt for Cleveland, whether it’s as the head coach or the offensive coordinator, it’s going to greatly limit the pool of names for the Vikings to look at. Also limiting things is the fact that both Vikings’ head coach Mike Zimmer and GM Rick Spielman are in the last year of their contracts and could be seen as “lame ducks” by potential coordinators that might desire a little more stability.

Overall, it doesn’t sound like the Vikings are in a great situation, particularly if Stefanski doesn’t return. Hopefully Zimmer and company can find a non-Hue Jackson candidate that is willing to come in and do the job should that take place.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/1/8/18174531/minnesota-vikings-offensive-coordinator-search-atlanta-falcons-dirk-koetter-mike-mularkey
Post #: 2135
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/8/2019 6:01:11 PM   
Ragnarök

\
Adam Gase is still maybe the most intriguing high profile prospect...

Bevell, not so much, Hugh Jackson, please NO... Mike McCarthy in purple? ick...
Post #: 2136
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/8/2019 6:03:09 PM   
kwheats

quote:

Two names off the board are now in Atlanta

Word on Monday night was that the Falcons had offered Dirk Koetter a job as their offensive coordinator and the team announced his hiring on Tuesday. They also announced that Mike Mularkey is their new tight ends coach.

Mike McCarthy anyone?

He sure knows the division and would want to stick it to the packers!!!
Post #: 2137
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/8/2019 6:10:06 PM   
Todd M

In order to 'look at everybody' and 'ask the right questions'...you actually have to sit down with someone.
Post #: 2138
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/8/2019 6:28:42 PM   
Ricky J

How true
Post #: 2139
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/8/2019 6:37:57 PM   
Ragnarök

Ive put some thought into this...

Mike McCarthy for OC, he has a good resume previous to GB

Brett Favre for QB coach, get the most out of Kirk!

find a tough OL coach and we roll
Post #: 2140
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/8/2019 6:40:02 PM   
thebigo

quote:

With the NFL offseason in full swing, the Minnesota Vikings are not the only team looking for an offensive coordinator. Unfortunately. . .or fortunately, depending on your perspective. . .one team has taken not one, but two of the coaches that were connected to the Vikings’ OC vacancy off of the table in one swoop.

The Atlanta Falcons have just announced that they have hired former Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ head coach Dirk Koetter to be their new offensive coordinator. In addition to him, they have also announced the hiring of Mike Mularkey to be their new tight ends coach.

Koetter and Mularkey were two of the names that had been connected to the Vikings’ offensive coordinator position. The others are current OC Kevin Stefanski, who is in the process of getting a second interview with the Cleveland Browns, and former Browns’ head coach Hue Jackson.

While numerous names have been connected to the Vikings for the job thus far, it doesn’t sound as though they’ve actually interviewed anybody for the position at the present time. Some of that might have been a wait-and-see approach with Stefanski, who was under contract with the team until today.

If Stefanski does, indeed, bolt for Cleveland, whether it’s as the head coach or the offensive coordinator, it’s going to greatly limit the pool of names for the Vikings to look at. Also limiting things is the fact that both Vikings’ head coach Mike Zimmer and GM Rick Spielman are in the last year of their contracts and could be seen as “lame ducks” by potential coordinators that might desire a little more stability.

Overall, it doesn’t sound like the Vikings are in a great situation, particularly if Stefanski doesn’t return. Hopefully Zimmer and company can find a non-Hue Jackson candidate that is willing to come in and do the job should that take place.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/1/8/18174531/minnesota-vikings-offensive-coordinator-search-atlanta-falcons-dirk-koetter-mike-mularkey

I'm guessing then that the Vikes did not have Mularkey in their sights for OC.
Post #: 2141
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/8/2019 6:51:35 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

I'm guessing then that the Vikes did not have Mularkey in their sights for OC.

Was kind of wondering where all this information that we were interested in these candidates was coming from myself ....
Post #: 2142
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/8/2019 7:00:23 PM   
Ragnarök

How about the name Todd Downing?

He is already on our staff as TE coach... From Edin Prairie and has 18 years NFL coaching exp with previous OC experience...

Has to be a reason we are wait and see on Kevin Stefanski and not seeming to be interviewing anyone...
Post #: 2143
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/8/2019 7:04:21 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I believe that there will be plenty of options in time. We don't want to make the first decision- we want to make the right one.

I hope that the offensive coordinator knows something about the offensive line- not just play calling. I'm not saying Mike Tice, but someone like a Mike Tice who has done both.

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 1/8/2019 7:05:42 PM >

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 2144
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/8/2019 7:42:47 PM   
Pager

This OC situation might not end well. As stated getting a stud for the Oline is huge. Might be largely dependent on who we hire as OC.

Post #: 2145
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/8/2019 7:44:31 PM   
Pager

Interesting read:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2814650-is-new-arizona-cardinals-coach-kliff-kingsbury-ready-for-the-nfl

Post #: 2146
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/8/2019 9:13:22 PM   
Pager

Pretty comprehensive list of possible OC options.

https://247sports.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/LongFormArticle/Vikings-offensive-coordinator-candidates-127273042/#127273042_12

Maybe Bates?

Post #: 2147
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/8/2019 9:16:15 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

OH did I miss the memo here that said if you are not a rah rah fan boy wearing purple glasses and towing the company line with total optimistic views you aren't welcome to post?

Sowwwry...

You can say what you want - but you're shtick is getting relentlessly draining.

Especially the whole "I hope he proves me wrong, but here are 7 more articles saying he's the shittiest QB to ever QB..."

He's got a fetish thing going. Perhaps a man crush.

I like what Todd said. A bore.
Post #: 2148
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/8/2019 9:29:12 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ok- that was a few years ago. Misunderstood after the disagreements you had on Cousins. TOE leaving upset Art and was the tipping point.

I'll miss Art's photos of food. Then again, the end of that was 7 or so years ago it seems.

The rest, not so much. He's probably hanging out on a Broncos board.
Post #: 2149
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/8/2019 9:56:01 PM   
Ragnarök

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVCtJt3sm04

most of you will enjoy this...
Post #: 2150
Page:   <<   < prev  84 85 [86] 87 88   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  84 85 [86] 87 88   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode