Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  85 86 [87] 88 89   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/8/2019 10:06:09 PM   
Jason Dorn

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Dorn

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

quote:

At least Art left for the year when he hated our QB so we didn't have to read the constant drivel...

Hate is a strong word and fits your narrative ... post after post calling for "our" "old" Head coach to be fired is not drivel? Art left for good not 1 year- account terminated. TOE leaving did not sit well with him.

I'm talking about the Favre year(s).

Art took a sabbatical from the board (and apparently the team) during that time, and came back when Favre left.

Ok- that was a few years ago. Misunderstood after the disagreements you had on Cousins. TOE leaving upset Art and was the tipping point.

I'll miss Art's photos of food. Then again, the end of that was 7 or so years ago it seems.

The rest, not so much. He's probably hanging out on a Broncos board.

I'll let him know you miss his food. As for the petty shot - from you totally expected.

How about you and Levine just stick to football - leave Art out of it he ain't here no more.

Lets just all hope the OL gets addressed and Kirk Cousins becomes an elite QB.

Skol ... Vikings can win the Super Bowl.
Post #: 2151
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/8/2019 10:08:12 PM   
Ragnarök

GQ article from last month sums it up for me...

https://www.gq.com/story/kirk-cousins-might-never-get-it

I have watched Kirk Cousins perform brilliantly on a football field. It’s true. I have watched him drop the ball into the hands of a blanketed wideout with uncanny precision. I have watched him hit deep balls under relentless pressure. I have watched him trade body blows with Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay, only to be denied ultimate victory because of Vikingsian kicking woes. There’s potential to Cousins, but for now it’s just that. For now, he is terminally incapable of playing a clean football game, and so are the Vikings. I’ll keep hoping he figures this shit out, because I have no other choice; he's locked up for three years guaranteed. Am I smart for hoping this? No. I am a ****ing dolt, and if Kirk Cousins can’t see what’s keeping him from becoming a championship quarterback, then he’s an even bigger one.
Post #: 2152
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/8/2019 10:15:49 PM   
marty

To someone so enamored with Cousin's numbers, 30/10, that was to get 8 wins. What would his numbers need to be to get 10 wins ? 40/5 ?

It seems like so many of his TDs are when the team is behind. I wonder what his numbers are [TD/INT], when the Vikings were tied with or ahead of the opponent ?

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2153
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/8/2019 10:25:56 PM   
marty

I do see SOME potential with Kirk, loved the game at GB, and the game at Philly [but wish it had been a victory with Foles playing], but the game at GB got the gift of the makeup roughing the passer, or else GB would have likely won after that INT.

I think Cousins needs to feel like everyone has given up on him, then he starts playing his best, gets the fire going. But that fire didn't last with Washington, as he lost his first playoff game to Green Bay, one and done.

Kirk might play his best ball, after the Vikings release him in 2 years, and he wants to prove everyone wrong. If he gets in the right situation at that point, he might put together quite a string of games.

< Message edited by marty -- 1/8/2019 10:40:09 PM >

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2154
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/8/2019 10:29:50 PM   
Phil Riewer

I remember Rodgers having a below .500 record just this year....as well as Brees for a 3-4 seasons before the last two....maybe we want to talk about Philip Rivers. There is more to a team than the qb....give him an oline, a consistent 3rd WR, a 2nd TE and see what happens.

Why is GB so sucky this year but Rodgers still had his stats? Because Chicago and the Vikes were teams that were built better, released in two years Marty? WTH

QB is very important but the team/roster needs work.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 1/8/2019 10:32:54 PM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 2155
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/8/2019 10:39:18 PM   
marty

I think the Vikes were loaded with talent, and I think most of the year, Rodger's play sucked.

Kurt on a good year, puts up stats like Rodgers does on his sucky years.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2156
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/8/2019 10:47:04 PM   
Ragnarök

"You Vike That!"

Thats what Bills players were yelling at Cousins in the game... taunting him!

Did they get under his skin? hmmm...

Flash back to the beginning of the season, Kirk tried to trade mark that phrase and was told by The Vikings and NFL that it was infringement on the Vikings name and brand... Did he just drop it? nope... he took it to court and fought his employers and new team who just paid him 84 million over the trademark rights..

WHO DOES THAT?
Post #: 2157
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/8/2019 10:54:38 PM   
Jason Dorn

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

To someone so enamored with Cousin's numbers, 30/10, that was to get 8 wins. What would his numbers need to be to get 10 wins ? 40/5 ?

It seems like so many of his TDs are when the team is behind. I wonder what his numbers are [TD/INT], when the Vikings were tied with or ahead of the opponent ?

Improve pass protection

Improve turnover margin

Improve running it on first down on offense and stopping it on defense.

Improve 3rd down conversion rate on offense. Throw past the sticks.

Improve situational football- stop facing 2nd and 8 on offense consistently and 2nd and 5 on defense.

Make more plays on special teams. Block punts and kicks. Run fakes- we can do that.

Always go for 2 after scoring a TD and up 7 in the 4th Q. In fact go for 2 every time unless an XP wins the game. ( why cant XP be worth incremental points. 2 points for a 50 yarder and maybe 3 points for a 60 yarder)

Always go for it on 4th and goal inside the 3 with the Viking defense. Maybe the five nah that's to far.

Zimmer lighten up on the turnover speak. Emphasize the positive. Project enthusiasm like when you first got the job - re birth. Maybe enjoy the defense you built and turn it over to Edwards who is beyond ready- give the guy a chance- Andy Reid did it- at least for a half. Maybe they could use a little less of the constant push to maintain a high level while the offense needs more of their head coach around pushing them to excel to the same level. Maybe Kirk needs the guy who puts his arm around him and gives him a life saver after a pick 6 and not the wrath of hard knocks.

Draft well and make wise free agent additions. Re sign key players.

Skol ... Vikings can win the Super Bowl.
Post #: 2158
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/8/2019 11:01:28 PM   
marty

It seems like so many of Kirk's TDs are when the team is behind. I wonder what his numbers are [TD/INT], when the Vikings were tied with or ahead of the opponent ?

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2159
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/8/2019 11:05:04 PM   
Ragnarök

Good read here...

https://www.doodleday.net/vikings/kirk-cousins-factor-28880204

KIRK COUSINS VERSUS THE 'IT FACTOR' - 1500 ESPN TWIN CITIES
1 week ago

"The dog coming out"
Adam Thielen thinks we only assign "it factor" to quarterbacks because they are the ones with the ball in their hands most often and the leaders of the team. He believes it applies across the board to players.

"There's definitely an 'it factor,'" Thielen says. "We might call it 'the dog coming out.' I think there's such a thing."

Players who can bring out the dog, the superstar receiver says, are those who thrive when the pressure is at its highest.

"I think it goes to not being scared of anything," he says. "When you're in a critical situation those guys just tend to come out and just make plays. It's not being scared, there's no fear. The moment is never to big for them."
Post #: 2160
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/8/2019 11:09:03 PM   
marty

Too big

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2161
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2019 1:37:57 AM   
Todd M

quote:

It seems like so many of Kirk's TDs are when the team is behind. I wonder what his numbers are [TD/INT], when the Vikings were tied with or ahead of the opponent ?

When ahead - 9/3
Behind - 18-7
Tied - 3/0
Post #: 2162
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2019 1:47:00 AM   
Todd M

quote:

quote:

At least Art left for the year when he hated our QB so we didn't have to read the constant drivel...

Hate is a strong word and fits your narrative ... post after post calling for "our" "old" Head coach to be fired is not drivel? Art left for good not 1 year- account terminated. TOE leaving did not sit well with him.

Loved Art. Enjoyed his posts and posting with him.

TOE leaving was the final straw? Couldn't figure out the TOE thing. I checked into the last of his postings to see conflict and there was a smidge in the political section...after years and years of it being a 'cesspool' in there there was nothing going on that would seemingly make someone tap out. Even the football threads seen people smash against each other for a decade wasn't anything when he left. It seemed out of place...the quitting. But people are people. Come and go on whatever whims suit them.

I still have the Mob sauce and bandana from our first meeting. Meant something to me. Oh well.
Post #: 2163
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2019 1:51:59 AM   
marty

Thanks for the numbers Todd, I stand corrected in a huge, David Boston/Bernardo Harris way. I was wrong.

This gives me more hope for Kirk.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2164
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2019 7:35:22 AM   
Bill Jandro

The Cousins bashing is relentless on here. Rinse and repeat.

No QB is going to perform well when he has no protection and no running game.

let's get this fixed this off-season and see what happens.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 2165
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2019 8:07:54 AM   
ronhextall

quote:

I think those numbers would be a little misleading perhaps.

Zimmer loves to sit on it with any kind of lead, at least it "feels" like it. I am sure a spreadsheet and formula will prove me wrong but that is my feeling.
Post #: 2166
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2019 8:10:06 AM   
ronhextall

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Agreed, you have to spend all the money and draft picks it takes to get the OL better.

Kirk is here for two more years no matter what. Speilman and Zimmer made their bed and now they must sleep in it.

Zimmer seems to be struggling to get anybody to come be the OC.

IMO next year is going to be really good or crater in a hurry. Considering the talent, 8-8 or 9-6 is cratering.
Post #: 2167
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2019 8:13:46 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

I agree, Bill
Post #: 2168
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2019 8:40:33 AM   
Ragnarök

Brad Childress steps down as coach of AAF’s Atlanta franchise

rumor has it he has been offered a OC job for an NFL franchise...

The return of the Kick Ass Offense!

Any guess where he may be going?
Post #: 2169
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2019 9:07:22 AM   
quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

quote:

Loved Art. Enjoyed his posts and posting with him.

TOE leaving was the final straw? Couldn't figure out the TOE thing. I checked into the last of his postings to see conflict and there was a smidge in the political section...after years and years of it being a 'cesspool' in there there was nothing going on that would seemingly make someone tap out. Even the football threads seen people smash against each other for a decade wasn't anything when he left. It seemed out of place...the quitting. But people are people. Come and go on whatever whims suit them.

I still have the Mob sauce and bandana from our first meeting. Meant something to me. Oh well.

Not sure what happened with TOE (Although I believe Art spoke with him?)

Art is a real good egg.

He has opinions on certain players, and sticks by them until they prove beyond a shadow of a doubt him wrong. Hell he and I went at it quite often. But I do respect his opinion greatly..

The man comes/ came in here win or loss, rain or shine.

Celebrated the wins, yet candid, and forthright in loss.

I understand his frustration after the usual suspects pour in here predominantly after Viking losses to pile on, yet are knowhere to be found after victories..

So it’s been a great year for that group...

Cheers!
  Post #: 2170
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2019 9:20:54 AM   
ronhextall

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ragnarök

Some guys you look at and they just scream confidence, Mike Tomlin comes to mind for me.

Some guys you look at and you think, oh no. Childress comes to mind for me.
Post #: 2171
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2019 9:25:16 AM   
David F.

I have no control over what other people post. I choose to read or not read anything from anybody. When I read something I choose to let it upset me or not. If I choose to let something upset me the problem is me. Every time. If I'm upset it means that either I let my weaker personality traits get the better of me or something I read was true and the truth hurt. When either of those things happen it's on me to ground myself and find peace.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 2172
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2019 9:33:02 AM   
jbusse

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ragnarök

That would be difficult to believe. Who would even take the time to spread a rumor about Brad Childress?
Post #: 2173
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2019 9:40:18 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

I have no control over what other people post. I choose to read or not read anything from anybody. When I read something I choose to let it upset me or not. If I choose to let something upset me the problem is me. Every time. If I'm upset it means that either I let my weaker personality traits get the better of me or something I read was true and the truth hurt. When either of those things happen it's on me to ground myself and find peace.

Good stuff, DF

It's all about what's their story and what's your story
Post #: 2174
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2019 10:03:46 AM   
twinsfan

There is speculation that the Vikes should tank next season to draft the Clemson QB.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 2175
Page:   <<   < prev  85 86 [87] 88 89   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  85 86 [87] 88 89   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode