Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  86 87 [88] 89 90   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2019 10:09:53 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

There is speculation that the Vikes should tank next season to draft the Clemson QB.

If they do then Zimmer and Spielman should be gone and the new GM coach can draft the Clemson QB.

These are men with pride. They want to win. To intentionally lose would make it harder to attract FAs and keep our stars as they wouldn't want to play for an org that is losing on purpose to draft a guy that may never pan out in the NFL.

Sucking for Luck isn't going to sit well with this Vikings fan if that were true.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 2176
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2019 10:32:23 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

There is speculation that the Vikes should tank next season to draft the Clemson QB.

What would that do? He was a true Freshman this year.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 2177
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2019 10:54:55 AM   
Phil Riewer

So PA thinks the order for OC coach is Stepanski, Downey, and Bevel.

Post #: 2178
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2019 10:58:18 AM   
Phil Riewer

According to PA: Browns Analytical wants Stepanski, Browns GM wants Kitchens....

Post #: 2179
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2019 11:10:22 AM   
kwheats

Verified account

@AdamSchefter
Follow Follow @AdamSchefter
More
Kevin Stefanski, a finalist for the Browns' head-coaching job, is returning to Minnesota as the Vikings offensive coordinator, per source.

9:07 AM - 9 Jan 2019
Post #: 2180
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2019 11:11:36 AM   
kwheats

More Chris Tomasson Retweeted Chris Mortensen
Report: Freddie Kitchens to be named Browns coach. Kevin Stefanski, who finished season as #Vikings interim offensive coordinator, had been the other finalist. Chris Tomasson added,
Chris Mortensen
Verified account

@mortreport
Freddie Kitchens will be named new Browns head coach later today, per sources.
0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes
Post #: 2181
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2019 11:13:41 AM   
kwheats

@AdamSchefter
Follow Follow @AdamSchefter
More
Denver reached agreement with Bears’ DC Vic Fangio to become the Broncos’ next head coach, sources tell me and @DanGrazianoESPN. It will be a four-year deal plus a team option for a fifth, per source.

Wow double good news for the Vikings!!!
Post #: 2182
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2019 11:17:54 AM   
Phil Riewer

I like Stepanski coming back.

Interesting take was the Vikes wanted to act fast as the Broncos or other team would bring in Stepanski....Keenum/Stepanski were very close last year and Fangio is the next coach for Denver.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 1/9/2019 11:20:40 AM >

Post #: 2183
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2019 11:19:31 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

What would that do? He was a true Freshman this year.

Tank in 2020 then?

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 2184
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2019 11:22:28 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

hahaha.

Posts by Ragnarok and CP are not speculation.

They are simple derision. And transparent.

The team would consider self-neutering before tanking a season. Which amounts to the same thing.
Post #: 2185
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2019 11:23:06 AM   
Phil Riewer

Gregg Williams let go from Browns....lol

Post #: 2186
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2019 11:23:09 AM   
ronhextall

quote:

Gruden could do that and not worry about his job. He can try next year and if it doesn’t work tank in 2020.

< Message edited by ronhextall -- 1/9/2019 11:28:36 AM >
Post #: 2187
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2019 11:33:14 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

Interesting take was the Vikes wanted to act fast as the Broncos or other team would bring in Stepanski....Keenum/Stepanski were very close last year and Fangio is the next coach for Denver.

Continuity from last season doesn’t do a lot for me ... so although we won’t fall on our face with another Flipper debacle ... we have gone the safe route over hitting for the fences.

OL coach will possibly now have the bigger impact on the franchise next season (than OC Fancy).

If we stay with Barone, I will be sorely disappointed.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 1/9/2019 11:34:19 AM >
Post #: 2188
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2019 11:35:22 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

Continuity from last season doesn’t do a lot for me ... so although we won’t fall on our face with another Flipper debacle ... we have gone the safe route over hotting for the fences.

OL coach will possibly now have the bigger impact on the franchise next season (than OC Fancy).

I think that Stepanski is a good pick and he deserves a shot. I bet the Broncos were looking at him too...they may bring back Kubiak.

Post #: 2189
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2019 11:56:26 AM   
joejitsu

quote:

quote:

quote:

Continuity from last season doesn’t do a lot for me ... so although we won’t fall on our face with another Flipper debacle ... we have gone the safe route over hotting for the fences.

I think that Stepanski is a good pick and he deserves a shot. I bet the Broncos were looking at him too...they may bring back Kubiak.

I'm okay with him staying with us, as well. Now, if we get the oline fixed (coach and talent) I think we will be moving in the right direction.
Post #: 2190
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2019 11:57:09 AM   
bstinger

quote:

quote:

quote:

Not disagreeing with you, I don't know enough about him to say one way or the other, but what makes you think he's a good pick? Just hoping you can enlighten me so I can share your hope.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 2191
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2019 11:57:21 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

That's no shocker, you being a glass half full kind of dude.

But their is little evidence how he will playcall, execute gameplans, and most importantly, make in game adjustments against good defenses and seasoned DCs.
Post #: 2192
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2019 11:59:15 AM   
David F.

Officer who pulled Adrian Peterson over for speeding joked she wouldn't have if the Redskins were winning
Yahoo Sports
RYAN YOUNG
Jan 9th 2019 11:29AM

The Virginia State Police officer who pulled over and ticketed Washington Redskins running back Adrian Peterson for speeding in November joked in court on Tuesday that she wouldn’t have done so if the Redskins had been playing better.

Peterson was ticketed for going 78 mph in a 55 mph zone on Nov. 27, and had the charge reduced simply to speeding from a misdemeanor reckless driving charge on Tuesday. Anyone in Virginia stopped for going more than 20 mph over the speed limit can be charged with reckless driving.

At the time of the incident, the Redskins were 6-5. They finished the season 7-9, missing the postseason for the third straight year.

“If the Redskins were winning, I wouldn’t have written a ticket,” trooper K.M. Freeman joked to a bailiff during recess at court on Tuesday, just before Peterson’s case was called, via USA Today.

Peterson was not in court, instead represented by an attorney, and ordered to pay a $250 fine.

The 33-year-old running back ran for 1,042 yards and seven touchdowns for the Redskins this season — his first with the team. He also became the oldest running back to record a 1,000-yard season in more than 30 years.

He is set to become a free agent this offseason, though has said he hopes to play again for the Redskins next year.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 2193
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2019 12:06:43 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

quote:

quote:

quote:

Not disagreeing with you, I don't know enough about him to say one way or the other, but what makes you think he's a good pick? Just hoping you can enlighten me so I can share your hope.

Pretty simple for me...Shurmur wanted him and I like what he did with Case last year. Look at what Case did in Denver...

Post #: 2194
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2019 12:09:47 PM   
David Levine

After the death of Tony Sparano, the Vikings went with Assistant OL Coach Andrew Janocko and TE Coach Clancy Barone as co-OL Coaches. Head coach Mike Zimmer gave some mild compliments to both coaches at his end-of-season press conference, but also said that after the death of Tony Sparano things went into a tailspin.

Andrew Janocko had only worked as an assistant OL coach for a year before being elevated after Sparano’s death. No offense to Janocko, but he’s a young guy that could use a few more seasons as an assistant OL coach before being really ready to be the position coach.

Clancy Barone had been an offensive line coach before with a couple teams, but never for very long. He has alternated between OL coach and TE coach, but has had a hard time holding onto either position for more than a couple years since becoming an NFL coach in 2004. Eight of those years since he’s been a TE coach, and that may be the better spot for him. His runs as OL coach have been very short lived- one or two years at the most.

I would be surprised if either Janocko or Barone were given any serious consideration to stay on as OL coach, and I hope getting a top OL coach is as high a priority as getting a top offensive coordinator for the Vikings early this off-season.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/1/9/18163609/vikings-off-season-evaluation-offensive-line
Post #: 2195
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2019 12:11:31 PM   
Tom Sykes

So Fanski? (or in Phil's world, Panski)

Fancy

???

Hard to beat Flip.
Post #: 2196
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2019 12:13:45 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

quote:

quote:

quote:

Pretty simple for me...Shurmur wanted him and I like what he did with Case last year. Look at what Case did in Denver...

That's purely circumstantial and would not hold up in court.
Post #: 2197
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2019 12:21:17 PM   
Pager

quote:

quote:

quote:

Stefanski hasn't been on the Broncos radar, at least from a public perspective (no chatter about him here). Strong indication that Kubiak is coming back/involved in the coaching and the main reason why Elway felt comfortable going with a defensive HC again.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 2198
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2019 12:22:46 PM   
Pager

Stefanski back. I'm ok with it. Zimmer knows this is an all or nothing season.

As posted they better bring in a helluva Oline coach. That coaching position is almost as important as the OC.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 2199
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/9/2019 12:26:05 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

After the death of Tony Sparano, the Vikings went with Assistant OL Coach Andrew Janocko and TE Coach Clancy Barone as co-OL Coaches. Head coach Mike Zimmer gave some mild compliments to both coaches at his end-of-season press conference, but also said that after the death of Tony Sparano things went into a tailspin.

Andrew Janocko had only worked as an assistant OL coach for a year before being elevated after Sparano’s death. No offense to Janocko, but he’s a young guy that could use a few more seasons as an assistant OL coach before being really ready to be the position coach.

Clancy Barone had been an offensive line coach before with a couple teams, but never for very long. He has alternated between OL coach and TE coach, but has had a hard time holding onto either position for more than a couple years since becoming an NFL coach in 2004. Eight of those years since he’s been a TE coach, and that may be the better spot for him. His runs as OL coach have been very short lived- one or two years at the most.

I would be surprised if either Janocko or Barone were given any serious consideration to stay on as OL coach, and I hope getting a top OL coach is as high a priority as getting a top offensive coordinator for the Vikings early this off-season.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/1/9/18163609/vikings-off-season-evaluation-offensive-line

I hope this is true. Completely true.

Plus, if Stefanski/offense do well ... we will possibly be looking for a new OC in 2020.

We would do well to bring in a solid pure (Grimm please) OLC for the long term, and a QB coach with OC experience to MAYBE plug in later on...

(not to mention if the team strikes out twice with new OC talent evals)
Post #: 2200
Page:   <<   < prev  86 87 [88] 89 90   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  86 87 [88] 89 90   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode