Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  245 246 [247] 248 249   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/21/2020 9:37:52 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

Was Diggs underutilized this year?
63 Receptions 1130 Yards 6 TDs

Probably so. However, especially when Theilen was out and we didn't have a great second receiver to complement him, I suppose each opposing defense keyed on him. Still, I say that probably we should have tried harder to get him the ball. In a way, our team was like Green Bay. The Packers had one stud receiver (Davante Adams) and a really good running back.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 6151
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/21/2020 9:42:00 PM   
hagar

quote:

ORIGINAL: drviking

i would not extend kirk. i would not extend Zim.

i would not panic if they do extend kirk

I think there is a way to get the prize with kirk, I do not think it will be BECAUSE of kirk, it might have to be a 9ers-ish type plan

get more Oline

i have said the last 3 years, this team will go as far as the Oline takes us

it will be interesting to see what happens with Defense this offseason

we do have to find a way to replace a probowl CB

Can't Zimmer find them at 7/11?
Post #: 6152
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2020 2:40:24 AM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ragnarök

IMHO in the era of Fantasy Football everyone is an armchair GM enamored by stats and flashy numbers, all to quickly forgetting about how plug and play equates when considered against what schemes the coordinators run and how that player fits both in play potential and cap issues.

Secondly and most overlooked is the issue of team chemistry... Players rise and fall in value to their team by what attitude they bring and how it equates to raising the level of play for all around them.

For that alone I would be willing to move on from Diggs and his pouting at times... get some value from him in trade potential while his numbers are good, Even with our admitted lack of WR skillset at the moment I would love to plug in a cheaper vet and evalute further some youth skillsets as well as lean heavier on our rookie TE... Use the cap for an upgrade at OL and run even more if Zimm wants... Hell run like SF did in the playoffs if you want with a stud or two on OL...

Have no idea where it would get us cap wise to move on from Diggs, as well as consider Rudy and even oft injured Cook, use the cap space for more glaring needs... Mattison, Boone, Ham and even Abdullah , if need be there are some good vet options at RB depth as well, just like SF did with semi no names at RB, its what Kubiaks system does with running backs (just as SF)

Let the young hungry skill set players take a step, Irv Smith, Alexander Mattison and Bisi / Dillon Mitchell could be huge is given a chance and opens up so much ability to re up some quality OL prospects.

Hell if available consider bringing back Jet if cut by SF and how about swapping Keenum for Mannion to back up Kirk...(oh the fun that would be)

Instead of spit balling without a clue why don't you go add up all the dead cap involved in getting rid of Diggs/Rodolph/Cook compare it to their salaries and tell me what you'd do with ALL that money whilst having to replace all that talent.

Just ridiculous.
Post #: 6153
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2020 3:38:59 AM   
ratoppenheimer

diggs has $9m in dead cap...saving of $5.5m....

rudolph has $5.8 in dead cap...savings of $3.8m....

cook - no way we give him up in 2020 - his cost is only $1.3m - i think that the argument is that we don't extend cook after 2020...he's a bargain this season....

i don't know the answer to this, but if we trade diggs, doesn't the acquiring team also acquire the contract as it exists in the present?... financial obligations - dead cap, salary, etc?....

< Message edited by ratoppenheimer -- 1/22/2020 3:40:05 AM >

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 6154
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2020 4:54:43 AM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

diggs has $9m in dead cap...saving of $5.5m....

rudolph has $5.8 in dead cap...savings of $3.8m....

cook - no way we give him up in 2020 - his cost is only $1.3m - i think that the argument is that we don't extend cook after 2020...he's a bargain this season....

i don't know the answer to this, but if we trade diggs, doesn't the acquiring team also acquire the contract as it exists in the present?... financial obligations - dead cap, salary, etc?....

There are smarter people than me here, but that is what I believe. Of course, in the NFL everything is fluid. Deals can be re--worked. Sometimes it's part of an extension agreement. Sometimes it's part of the trade agreement that the deal be re-worked, I suppose, although I don't think that happens frequently. I very well could be wrong. I don't pay attention to money much.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 6155
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2020 7:42:23 AM   
bstinger

quote:

Kirk Cousins
2020 Contract details $31,000,000 base
Contract Notes:
Annual Workout Bonus: $500,000
Full No Trade Clause
No Transition Tag after 2020
Incentives:
Super Bowl Win: $500,000
Top 5 Points Scored + Super Bowl Win: $1M
Top 3 Points Scored + Super Bowl Win: $1.5M
Top 8 Points Scored + Super Bowl MVP: $2M

So if Kirk wins the Super Bowl next year and is MVP as well as top 3 in points scored he will cash a check for $35.5M

Seems very worth it to me for a Vikings Super Bowl in 2020 season.

Im all for going into this upcoming season with final year contracts on all three phases, QB, GM and HC...

No extentions or pushing things out, all three can prove it or move on in 2021. Will mean doing a bit more than past two years with maybe a little less known commodities as we let several players go and rely on young guys on team and draft prospects. Cant see GM taking a shot at QBOTF in draft as his cards will be all in to shore up as much as he can through draft of other team needs. Meaning it will be up to coaching to work their ass off bringing young guys up to speed and not just penciling in the same old (many tired) starters who never get a real shot at being supplanted by real talent as in past Zimmer regime.

Boom or bust, as it should be in final fling with this group. Hope the owners see it same way...

I agree, put all the chips down on next year. If we fail, blow it up and start fresh. A season or two of losing wouldn't be the worst thing if we have a smart GM making the picks and building the team the right way.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 6156
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2020 7:59:41 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

quote:

Kirk Cousins
2020 Contract details $31,000,000 base
Contract Notes:
Annual Workout Bonus: $500,000
Full No Trade Clause
No Transition Tag after 2020
Incentives:
Super Bowl Win: $500,000
Top 5 Points Scored + Super Bowl Win: $1M
Top 3 Points Scored + Super Bowl Win: $1.5M
Top 8 Points Scored + Super Bowl MVP: $2M

So if Kirk wins the Super Bowl next year and is MVP as well as top 3 in points scored he will cash a check for $35.5M

Seems very worth it to me for a Vikings Super Bowl in 2020 season.

Im all for going into this upcoming season with final year contracts on all three phases, QB, GM and HC...

No extentions or pushing things out, all three can prove it or move on in 2021. Will mean doing a bit more than past two years with maybe a little less known commodities as we let several players go and rely on young guys on team and draft prospects. Cant see GM taking a shot at QBOTF in draft as his cards will be all in to shore up as much as he can through draft of other team needs. Meaning it will be up to coaching to work their ass off bringing young guys up to speed and not just penciling in the same old (many tired) starters who never get a real shot at being supplanted by real talent as in past Zimmer regime.

Boom or bust, as it should be in final fling with this group. Hope the owners see it same way...

I agree, put all the chips down on next year. If we fail, blow it up and start fresh. A season or two of losing wouldn't be the worst thing if we have a smart GM making the picks and building the team the right way.

On the QB front....I think the Vikes really like Browning.....

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 6157
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2020 8:23:47 AM   
ronhextall

Do you think anybody would offer a #1 for Diggs and would the Vikings do it?
Post #: 6158
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2020 8:40:27 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

I think iffy on the first part; Vikings would for a #1. This draft is loaded in WRs...

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 6159
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2020 9:00:36 AM   
ronhextall

quote:

quote:

I think iffy on the first part; Vikings would for a #1. This draft is loaded in WRs...

I just think he is close to going full pain in the ass diva. The Vikings would know better than me but there is obviously smoke visible from the outside.
Post #: 6160
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2020 9:29:43 AM   
jbusse

quote:

quote:

quote:

I just think he is close to going full pain in the ass diva. The Vikings would know better than me but there is obviously smoke visible from the outside.

Regardless of whether it makes sense in the long run, given their own tenuous status, I can't see Spielman/Zimmer doing anything that hurts the team in the short run, and Diggs is very good.
Post #: 6161
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2020 9:42:56 AM   
David Levine

quote:

On the QB front....I think the Vikes really like Browning.....

You better be wrong. That would be disaster.

Overview
Accomplished four-year starter who is the school's all-time leading passer and winner of two conference championships. Even with those accolades, Browning is a college game-manager whose success is tied to his talent at receiver. Browning has moments where he can rise to the occasion, but he's failed to sustain it over the last two seasons and he doesn't have the size, arm strength or intangibles to fall back on. He is a late-round to undrafted prospect with an uphill battle to earn a roster spot.

Strengths
Four-year starter with most wins in Pac-12 history
Throws with accuracy and hits receivers in stride when feet are set
Has some experience in a pro-style attack
Clean footwork in drop back and set-up
Mechanics and footwork are solid
Patient in allowing routes to develop
Throws with above-average touch to all three levels
Plays with adequate pocket mobility
Plays with relative calm once he's freed from the pocket
Experienced in inclement weather
Willing to play with pain

Weaknesses
Unimpressive frame/build
Injured throwing shoulder in both 2015 and 2016
Play showed regression over the last two years
Foot quickness from the pocket is very average
Non-threatening arm strength
Doesn't have hose for target practice in tight windows
Windup release allows cornerbacks a head start on his throws
Short arms too many attempts
Dreadful decision making lead to interceptions

Sources Tell Us

"He lost some arm after those shoulder injuries so that didn't help him, but John Ross really created that huge sophomore season for him. He's never had starting pro traits in my opinion." - AFC west coast scout
Post #: 6162
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2020 9:44:19 AM   
David Levine

ANALYST'S REPORTS

Crabbs:

Arm Accuracy –Capable of slotting the ball accurately in the shorter areas of the field. A true West Coast offense passer if there ever was one. Accuracy wanes on throws further into the boundary and further down the field. Can pick you apart within the 10 yard window.

Decision Making –Typically makes sound decisions with the football, likes to take soft coverage and is effective and quick to find it. Mentally sharp passer, particularly when he's left uncontested within the pocket. Decisions are hasty at times when flushed off his spot.

Progressions –Plays like a true "point guard". He's eager to distribute the football and get things working quickly to his skill players. Eyes move rapidly and understands where his check downs are. That said, is quick to give up on reads and dump off to leave yards on the field.

Anticipation –Good spot throwing on slants, outs, corners and dig patterns. Typically effective in navigating his way through the shallows, where his trust in ability to place the ball effectively is masked. Feel for pressure, however, is irregular and is constantly caught off guard with rushers.

Poise –Can be baffled by pressure. Turtles in the pocket and shies away from pending contact, but subsequently will throw the ball up for grabs and lose all care for ball security and sound decision making. Quick to rush and hope to avoid contact, even on free plays and defensive penalties.

Arm Strength –Lacks any juice at all on this throws. The ball dies noticeably as it reaches it's destination, typically forcing receivers to reach away from the frame to dig it out. Defenders will get a great jump on his throws when he's trying to slot it into tight windows.

Pocket Awareness –Can be guilty of getting skittish and quick to drop his eyes after a few good licks in the pocket. Doesn't show a great sense of where his escape hatches are within the pocket and will roll or slide into pressure more often than you'd prefer.

Mechanics –Delivery is long, which further complicates poor velocity on his throws. Exposes the ball to pass rushers on his delivery, amplifying turnover potential when paired with poor pocket awareness. Has poor habits when trying to throw on the move, neutering arm even more.

Footwork –Like his rhythm getting out of the snap. Does well to get back down hill when rolling out and looking to disperse the football while on the move, aiding his push on the football. Does not consistently reset once he's forced to slide, however and will force greater variance in his accuracy.

Mobility –Does not have the burst, quickness or long speed to force defenses to account for him as a potential rusher. Sub-par athlete without skills in forcing missed tackle challenges on his throwing platform or from the pocket.

PROSPECT COMPARISON - Kellen Moore

BEST TRAIT – Decision Making

WORST TRAIT – Arm Strength

BEST FILM – Rutgers (2017)

WORST FILM – Alabama (2016)

RED FLAGS – None

Jake Browning comes up short in several key qualities, severely limiting his potential pro prospects. Browning lacks juice on the ball, so even though he's making sound decisions with the football, he lacks the physical ability to deliver it in a timely manner. Browning projects as a fringe roster player and lacks sorely in the physical skills to offer any notable upside. Browning should be regarded as a camp body/UDFA target and at best be considered for a back-up role.
Post #: 6163
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2020 9:44:32 AM   
David Levine

ANALYST'S REPORTS

Solak

PROS: Shows the ability to throw with touch and can make bucket throws when his receiver has downfield leverage. As a pocket passer, is at his best on rhythm and anticipation plays. Can nickel and dime with good ball placement relative to leverage. While often frantic and jumpy in the face of pressure, does have good escapability in the pocket and keeps his eyes downfield to extend plays. Able to create on the fly and works well to direct traffic on the move. Retains same levels of velocity and touch on the move as in the pocket and is frequently rolled out accordingly--however, accuracy can take a bit of a dip on the run, especially with pressure present.

CONS: Does not have the baseline arm strength necessary to make all the NFL throws. Puts his entire frame in deep balls and ends up throwing massive rainbows that give safeties plenty of time to attack. Does not boast of the same anticipation with downfield concepts as he does with short yardage ones. Cannot jam the football into tight windows nor keep pacing of play outside of the (college) hashes. Needs air under the ball to hit comebacks, curls, and outs.

Leaves far too much yardage on the field. Is unwilling to test man coverage unless it's one of his last remaining options and will pull the ball down when he has a man clearly open deep. Despite some good touch throws into space, cannot drop the ball into buckets between defenders/levels of the field--does not have that degree of control or angle modulation in his throwing motion. Throwing motion is long and can become divorced from lower half when he becomes frantic in the pocket. Pressure disrupts him and he cannot deliver under duress--has to escape and reset. Every play is an adventure in terms of pump fakes, resets, scrambles, redirects--he's hectic. Cannot be trusted on a game-to-game basis to consistently deliver--too easily frazzled.
Post #: 6164
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2020 9:47:00 AM   
McMurfy

Jake Browning is small, weak, and stupid.

The Curse of Mauer is gone!
Post #: 6165
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2020 9:54:04 AM   
The Happy Norseman

quote:

ORIGINAL: McMurfy

Jordan Love, however, is not. If he's there in the 1st (unlikely but possible), Trader Rick has to pull the trigger. Browning is not our QBOTF...

Arm Accuracy - Natural placement and accuracy is really impressive to all levels of the field and shows ability to throw with accuracy from different arm slots. Will throw short game away from 2nd level defenders. Consistency can wane but as a byproduct of mechanics. Some eye popping throws.

Decision Making - Seems to predetermine some throws thanks to favorable pre-snap reads. Turnovers became problematic in 2019 as a byproduct of looking for big plays. Was forced to throw a lot of tight window balls due to separation issues throughout 2019 season.

Progressions - He'll use the full field of play and his flashes of eye manipulation are really nice. That said, too often he'll key on his first read and guide defenders to the ball. He thrives with stacked reads or working the ISO receiver. Most mistakes come vs. murky middle of the field zones.

Anticipation - Some of his spot throws are just absolutely delightful — laces balls to hit targets in stride. Anticipates defenders breaking as well and will work to throw away from receivers. He does a pretty nice job of identifying pressure opportunities to throw hot.

Poise - Thrives often in the off script plays. Has a knack for extended plays and often hits big shots down the field after stretching and stressing the defense with his feet. Forced to work in tight window throws and develop no fear testing tight man coverage during time at USU.

Arm Strength - He's got a cannon — can easily push the ball when he's throwing into tight window throws and zip ball into tight spaces. His deep outs and back shoulder throws to far side of the field arrive with pace. All throws are available to him thanks to power he gets on the ball.

Pocket Awareness - He's got a nice feel for collapsing pocket and has plenty of short area quickness to step up or flush out gaps. He rarely works himself into trouble within the pocket and likes to roll out once he feels pressure manifesting. Willing to climb the ladder vs. outside pressure.

Mechanics - Will rely too much on his arm to get the job done and as a result he'll float throws without adequate transfer. It's an easy fix but a bad habit. When he's dialed in, he's picturesque with his throwing motion and form when surveying the pocket and working through reads.

Footwork - His lower half can go stale on him and further expand on accuracy consistency and lack of regular results to drive the ball. That said, he's clean in his drops, light on his feet and makes effort to reset his base as he works across the field of play to scan through progressions.

Mobility - He's a legit two way threat who has seen some running packages built into game plans. He's got great speed for his size and runs tough to punish smaller defenders. Will beat the blitz and tear up man coverage if he's able to break contain of the pocket.

---

Best Trait - Arm Strength

Worst Trait - Decision Making

Best Film - San Jose State (2018)

Worst Film - LSU (2019)

Red Flags - None

Player Summary - Jordan Love has franchise quarterback qualities and should be regarded as a prospect with a Pro Bowl ceiling. Love's statistical regression in 2019 isn't indicative of a regression in skills or decision making — was a victim of poor supporting cast in many instances. Love will need patience and must go to a team with coaching staff able to nurture, develop and cater passing schemes to where he thrives. He isn't plug and play but he's a potential game changing QB.

If the Cubs can win the World Series...
Post #: 6166
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2020 10:02:06 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

No and maybe.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 6167
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2020 10:33:26 AM   
David Levine

I'd draft Love in a heartbeat.

Doubt he's there at our pick, though.
Post #: 6168
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2020 3:14:43 PM   
jbusse

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Love threw a lot of interceptions this past season. Spielman no doubt will note that, and I can't imagine him going off script enough to draft him. In other words, I'm pretty sure interceptions are a serious red flag in the NFL book of what to look for in QB prospects, and Spielman isn't the type to ignore it.
Post #: 6169
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2020 3:54:00 PM   
The Happy Norseman

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbusse

quote:

Love threw a lot of interceptions this past season. Spielman no doubt will note that, and I can't imagine him going off script enough to draft him. In other words, I'm pretty sure interceptions are a serious red flag in the NFL book of what to look for in QB prospects, and Spielman isn't the type to ignore it.

The kid definitely needs to work on his decision making, which is why spending a year on the bench behind Cousins would be ideal. If interceptions are the determining factor when it comes to assessing college QB play, Spielman should be fired.

If the Cubs can win the World Series...
Post #: 6170
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2020 3:55:00 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

Love's statistical regression in 2019 isn't indicative of a regression in skills or decision making — was a victim of poor supporting cast in many instances. Love will need patience and must go to a team with coaching staff able to nurture, develop and cater passing schemes to where he thrives. He isn't plug and play but he's a potential game changing QB.

Yeah...that's not us at all.

Our staff would've likely given up on Lamar Jackson after his rookie year.

< Message edited by David Levine -- 1/22/2020 3:56:01 PM >
Post #: 6171
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2020 4:08:43 PM   
jbusse

quote:

quote:

quote:

Love's statistical regression in 2019 isn't indicative of a regression in skills or decision making — was a victim of poor supporting cast in many instances. Love will need patience and must go to a team with coaching staff able to nurture, develop and cater passing schemes to where he thrives. He isn't plug and play but he's a potential game changing QB.

In the unlikely event that they would have drafted Jackson, very doubtful that he would have cracked the starting lineup at this point unless there was no other option. Maybe I'm being too harsh.
Post #: 6172
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2020 4:15:56 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

In the unlikely event that they would have drafted Jackson, very doubtful that he would have cracked the starting lineup at this point unless there was no other option. Maybe I'm being too harsh.

I think you're dead on.

And I agree we wouldn't likely have drafted him. I don't see Zim wanting (or even knowing what to do with) a "modern" QB like these guys. He likes dropback guys that stick to the script and only use their feet if necessary.
Post #: 6173
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2020 4:19:47 PM   
drviking

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Happy Norseman

quote:

ORIGINAL: McMurfy

Jordan Love, however, is not. If he's there in the 1st (unlikely but possible), Trader Rick has to pull the trigger. Browning is not our QBOTF...

Arm Accuracy - Natural placement and accuracy is really impressive to all levels of the field and shows ability to throw with accuracy from different arm slots. Will throw short game away from 2nd level defenders. Consistency can wane but as a byproduct of mechanics. Some eye popping throws.

Decision Making - Seems to predetermine some throws thanks to favorable pre-snap reads. Turnovers became problematic in 2019 as a byproduct of looking for big plays. Was forced to throw a lot of tight window balls due to separation issues throughout 2019 season.

Progressions - He'll use the full field of play and his flashes of eye manipulation are really nice. That said, too often he'll key on his first read and guide defenders to the ball. He thrives with stacked reads or working the ISO receiver. Most mistakes come vs. murky middle of the field zones.

Anticipation - Some of his spot throws are just absolutely delightful — laces balls to hit targets in stride. Anticipates defenders breaking as well and will work to throw away from receivers. He does a pretty nice job of identifying pressure opportunities to throw hot.

Poise - Thrives often in the off script plays. Has a knack for extended plays and often hits big shots down the field after stretching and stressing the defense with his feet. Forced to work in tight window throws and develop no fear testing tight man coverage during time at USU.

Arm Strength - He's got a cannon — can easily push the ball when he's throwing into tight window throws and zip ball into tight spaces. His deep outs and back shoulder throws to far side of the field arrive with pace. All throws are available to him thanks to power he gets on the ball.

Pocket Awareness - He's got a nice feel for collapsing pocket and has plenty of short area quickness to step up or flush out gaps. He rarely works himself into trouble within the pocket and likes to roll out once he feels pressure manifesting. Willing to climb the ladder vs. outside pressure.

Mechanics - Will rely too much on his arm to get the job done and as a result he'll float throws without adequate transfer. It's an easy fix but a bad habit. When he's dialed in, he's picturesque with his throwing motion and form when surveying the pocket and working through reads.

Footwork - His lower half can go stale on him and further expand on accuracy consistency and lack of regular results to drive the ball. That said, he's clean in his drops, light on his feet and makes effort to reset his base as he works across the field of play to scan through progressions.

Mobility - He's a legit two way threat who has seen some running packages built into game plans. He's got great speed for his size and runs tough to punish smaller defenders. Will beat the blitz and tear up man coverage if he's able to break contain of the pocket.

---

Best Trait - Arm Strength

Worst Trait - Decision Making

Best Film - San Jose State (2018)

Worst Film - LSU (2019)

Red Flags - None

Player Summary - Jordan Love has franchise quarterback qualities and should be regarded as a prospect with a Pro Bowl ceiling. Love's statistical regression in 2019 isn't indicative of a regression in skills or decision making — was a victim of poor supporting cast in many instances. Love will need patience and must go to a team with coaching staff able to nurture, develop and cater passing schemes to where he thrives. He isn't plug and play but he's a potential game changing QB.

Don't need to know any of that

The only question is how does he practice

"Only one thing left to do..."
Post #: 6174
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/22/2020 5:30:08 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

IMHO in the era of Fantasy Football everyone is an armchair GM enamored by stats and flashy numbers, all to quickly forgetting about how plug and play equates when considered against what schemes the coordinators run and how that player fits both in play potential and cap issues.

Secondly and most overlooked is the issue of team chemistry... Players rise and fall in value to their team by what attitude they bring and how it equates to raising the level of play for all around them.

For that alone I would be willing to move on from Diggs and his pouting at times... get some value from him in trade potential while his numbers are good, Even with our admitted lack of WR skillset at the moment I would love to plug in a cheaper vet and evalute further some youth skillsets as well as lean heavier on our rookie TE... Use the cap for an upgrade at OL and run even more if Zimm wants... Hell run like SF did in the playoffs if you want with a stud or two on OL...

Have no idea where it would get us cap wise to move on from Diggs, as well as consider Rudy and even oft injured Cook, use the cap space for more glaring needs... Mattison, Boone, Ham and even Abdullah , if need be there are some good vet options at RB depth as well, just like SF did with semi no names at RB, its what Kubiaks system does with running backs (just as SF)

Let the young hungry skill set players take a step, Irv Smith, Alexander Mattison and Bisi / Dillon Mitchell could be huge is given a chance and opens up so much ability to re up some quality OL prospects.

Hell if available consider bringing back Jet if cut by SF and how about swapping Keenum for Mannion to back up Kirk...(oh the fun that would be)

Instead of spit balling without a clue why don't you go add up all the dead cap involved in getting rid of Diggs/Rodolph/Cook compare it to their salaries and tell me what you'd do with ALL that money whilst having to replace all that talent.

Just ridiculous.

Seems like the Todds just can't have a civil conversation.
Post #: 6175
Page:   <<   < prev  245 246 [247] 248 249   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  245 246 [247] 248 249   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode