Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  242 243 [244] 245 246   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 8:07:06 AM   
Mr. Ed

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Because going 7-9 is more important than getting looks at young players in a meaningless game...

Chris Tomasson@christomasson

#Vikings rookie guard Kyle Hinton (seventh-round pick) was signed off the practice squad to the 53-man roster last Tuesday but he's inactive today. The Vikings are trying hard to win their finale today, so no thought given to auditioning Hinton.

Strange. Getting a look at Hinton, Udoh, and having O'Neal or Ezra (whomever they plan to put at LT next season) seems much more important than getting one last meaningless win.

Hey, Philly got it right, tanking and "evaluating young guys", while Grandpa Zimm had all the front-line guys he could win that meaningless game. As Captain Kirk said they started 2021 season yesterday.

Too bad they can't bank that win

Escape while you can!
Post #: 6076
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 8:27:36 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

Jeff Gladney's 81 total Tackles in 2020 was the most by Vikings CB since Antoine Winfield played in Minnesota.

Dustin Baker

Good and bad.

Run support was very good but poor coverage lead to many tackles also.
Post #: 6077
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 8:41:44 AM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr. Ed

quote:

quote:

Because going 7-9 is more important than getting looks at young players in a meaningless game...

#Vikings rookie guard Kyle Hinton (seventh-round pick) was signed off the practice squad to the 53-man roster last Tuesday but he's inactive today. The Vikings are trying hard to win their finale today, so no thought given to auditioning Hinton.

Strange. Getting a look at Hinton, Udoh, and having O'Neal or Ezra (whomever they plan to put at LT next season) seems much more important than getting one last meaningless win.

Hey, Philly got it right, tanking and "evaluating young guys", while Grandpa Zimm had all the front-line guys he could win that meaningless game. As Captain Kirk said they started 2021 season yesterday.

No respect for what Philly did. Hope they suck for a decade.

What did we cost ourselves? A spot or 2? Big whoop. No surprise we went and won yesterday.
Post #: 6078
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 9:16:15 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

Of course he said that. He wants to pad his 2021 stats.
Post #: 6079
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 9:19:12 AM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

Seattle at minnesota....

Courtney Cronin@CourtneyRCronin
Here are the opponents Minnesota will face in 2021: Home - Bears, Packers, Lions, Rams, Cowboys, Steelers, Browns, Seahawks // Away - Bears, Packers, Lions, Cardinals, Ravens, Panthers, Bengals, 49ers.

Seahawks at home during regular season.

Shocker!

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 6080
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 9:20:09 AM   
bstinger

quote:

Krammer:

Vikings defense finished with 23 sacks this year, the fewest in franchise history since it became an official stat in 1982. Yannick Ngakoue, traded away after Week 6, is the team's leader with five sacks.

Appalling.

--twinsfan
Post #: 6081
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 9:21:09 AM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Viking Rich

Just watched Marcus Epps make a fantastic defensive play and interception for the Eagles

Sure would have been nice to have him on a cheap contract making plays versus Harris sucking up a lot of money while watching him making constant "Business Decisions" on the field.

Thought the same thing.

--twinsfan
Post #: 6082
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 9:21:49 AM   
bstinger

quote:

quote:

Zimm's not to bright, but we already knew that.

--twinsfan
Post #: 6083
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 9:22:34 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

Seattle at minnesota....

Here are the opponents Minnesota will face in 2021: Home - Bears, Packers, Lions, Rams, Cowboys, Steelers, Browns, Seahawks // Away - Bears, Packers, Lions, Cardinals, Ravens, Panthers, Bengals, 49ers.

8-8

Permanently Seattle on the schedule

What, no Saints? Shocking

Instantly pissed when I saw Seattle again
Is it funny to the league, at this point?
WTF?

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 6084
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 9:27:06 AM   
bstinger

quote:

quote:

quote:

They can do what they want, but for the integrity of the game, one with playoff implications, they should at least play players that have a scintilla of a chance of success. That QB they threw in there was awful. I'd have no problem if they were being blown out, but it was a 4 pt game with a full quarter to go. Playing Hurts was still getting a young guy time.

The Viking game was meaningless, we should've got young guys in there more.

--twinsfan
Post #: 6085
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 9:39:42 AM   
David F.

Oh dear I just realized that the Vikes winning a meaningless game and losing draft position (I see Detroit is picking #7 and we're picking #14 - would we have gotten #7?) with the help of two calls from the refs that were, dare I say, packer-level audacious, is the most Vikingist thing I've seen from the Vikings in quite a few years.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 6086
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 9:39:49 AM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

Trust me when I say this, nobody in that locker room in Philly was happy with what happened. That's a great way to lose your team, if that's what the goal was.

I always liked Pederson, but he was a complete mess this season with his quarterbacks. Wentz should have been benched five weeks earlier and they could have won their division. If I was Jeffrey Lurie I'd fire his ass immediately.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 1/4/2021 9:55:05 AM >

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 6087
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 9:52:14 AM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

quote:

Seattle at minnesota....

8-8

WTF?

It's really done by formula. Bad luck on our part to always line up with them. This year looks like we're playing the whole NFC West and the AFC North. The divisions rotate. So every 3 years we play them because we play the NFC West.

Here’s a breakdown of how each team’s opponents are set:

Six games against divisional opponents — two games per team, one at home and one on the road.
Four games against teams from a division within its conference — two games at home and two on the road.
Four games against teams from a division in the other conference— two games at home and two on the road.
Two games against teams from the two remaining divisions in its own conference — one game at home and one on the road. Matchups are based on division ranking from the previous season.

What's a nice surprise is that we finally get them at home. Been going there forever it seems.

--twinsfan
Post #: 6088
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 10:19:46 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

Trust me when I say this, nobody in that locker room in Philly was happy with what happened. That's a great way to lose your team, if that's what the goal was.

I always liked Pederson, but he was a complete mess this season with his quarterbacks. Wentz should have been benched five weeks earlier and they could have won their division. If I was Jeffrey Lurie I'd fire his ass immediately.

Last night it felt like he was daring ownership to fire him. (even more than normal)

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 6089
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 10:23:44 AM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Last night it felt like he was daring ownership to fire him. (even more than normal)

That was brutal. Bordering on career suicide. Who would hire that guy after that?

Post #: 6090
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 10:24:21 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Seattle at minnesota....

8-8

WTF?

It's really done by formula. Bad luck on our part to always line up with them. This year looks like we're playing the whole NFC West and the AFC North. The divisions rotate. So every 3 years we play them because we play the NFC West.

Here’s a breakdown of how each team’s opponents are set:

Six games against divisional opponents — two games per team, one at home and one on the road.
Four games against teams from a division within its conference — two games at home and two on the road.
Four games against teams from a division in the other conference— two games at home and two on the road.
Two games against teams from the two remaining divisions in its own conference — one game at home and one on the road. Matchups are based on division ranking from the previous season.

What's a nice surprise is that we finally get them at home. Been going there forever it seems.

I get it
I know how schedules work
I'm a "seems" guy
Just saying that the Seattle/New Orleans penchant for ending up on schedule "seems" excessive to my tiny little mind.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 6091
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 10:24:31 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

They can do what they want, but for the integrity of the game, one with playoff implications, they should at least play players that have a scintilla of a chance of success. That QB they threw in there was awful. I'd have no problem if they were being blown out, but it was a 4 pt game with a full quarter to go. Playing Hurts was still getting a young guy time.

Hurts was terrible in that game. He deserved to be benched.
Post #: 6092
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 10:29:13 AM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hurts has mobility. They have arguably the worst offensive line in football. Once they stuck in Sudfeld they had no chance. Might have well have had Wentz in a uniform. After all, he's making $32-million a year.

What, was he looking at Sudfeld for the future?

Hurts had an 8-to-3, TD-to-turnover ratio in his four stars behind one of the worst offensive lines on the planet. If they had a chance to win, it was him that was going to do it.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 1/4/2021 10:35:06 AM >

Post #: 6093
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 10:31:34 AM   
Bill Johanesen

If teams "in the hunt" and hoping to back into the playoffs have a problem with how other games are played in the last week of the season, then they need to learn to put on their big boy pants and take control of their own playoff destiny in the future.
Post #: 6094
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 10:33:22 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hurts has mobility. They have arguably the worst offensive line in football. Once they stuck in Sudfeld they had no chance. Might have well have had Wentz in a uniform. After all, he's making $32-million a year.

Maybe to ensure Hurts didn't get injured. Having "the worse offensive line in football" lends credence to that.
Post #: 6095
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 10:36:31 AM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Maybe to ensure Hurts didn't get injured. Having "the worse offensive line in football" lends credence to that.

It was the final game of the season. He's got seven months to get healthy.

Post #: 6096
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 10:36:33 AM   
Karl Juhnke

Jefferson was the lone bright spot in this otherwise miserable season. He was not the receiver I wanted on draft day. I was 100% wrong. He’s a natural. He will be a star for a long time in this league..

I guess Cook being arguably the best back in the league could be considered a bright spot too. Less surprising but still a bright spot.

Other than that...nothing.

I’m never one of those guys but I was hoping the Vikings would lose yesterday. Not just for better draft position, but 6-10 is a slightly more justifiably fireable record and I’m bored with Zimmer. It’s not that I hate him or am all fired up about it. But this is entertainment and I’ve grown tired of his act. I’m ready to move on.
Post #: 6097
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 10:37:42 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Too bad that might not be enough time. Let alone missing camp reps, etc.
Post #: 6098
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 10:37:47 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karl Juhnke

Jefferson was the lone bright spot in this otherwise miserable season. He was not the receiver I wanted on draft day. I was 100% wrong. He’s a natural. He will be a star for a long time in this league..

I guess Cook being arguably the best back in the league could be considered a bright spot too. Less surprising but still a bright spot.

Other than that...nothing.

I’m never one of those guys but I was hoping the Vikings would lose yesterday. Not just for better draft position, but 6-10 is a slightly more justifiably fireable record and I’m bored with Zimmer. It’s not that I hate him or am all fired up about it. But this is entertainment and I’ve grown tired of his act. I’m ready to move on.

Spielman and Zimmer are thick as thieves. It wasn't happening either way.

Post #: 6099
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/4/2021 10:38:37 AM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Too bad that might not be enough time. Let alone missing camp reps, etc.

C'mon now, that's just silly. IMO, Pederson just lost the entire locker room. That is an awful roster and Hurts was the one guy making plays the past four weeks. That's why they drafted him.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 1/4/2021 10:41:08 AM >

Post #: 6100
Page:   <<   < prev  242 243 [244] 245 246   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  242 243 [244] 245 246   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode