Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  247 248 [249] 250 251   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/5/2021 8:07:25 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

John Elway has stepped down as the Broncos GM

So Fangio's status as HC will remain in limbo until a new GM is hired.

Pat Shurmur is currently the Broncos OC. So if Fangio goes Shurmur could become available.

He's getting elevated, from what I understand (heard that a couple of days ago). They should fire him, but as I understand it there is nobody to fire him. After the owner died the impending ownership has been in a legal battle.

One thing is for certain, for a guy that was such a great QB, he seems to have no idea what a good QB looks like in this era (Drew Lock, Brett Rypien, Jeff Driskel, Joe Flacco, Brandon Allen, Case Keenum, Trevor Siemian, Paxton Lynch and Brock Osweiler).

At least Lock and Rypien didn't hamper their future as much as drafting Lynch and Osweiler early and overpaying Keenum and Flacco. They almost signed Cousins....

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 6201
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/5/2021 8:09:56 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

Hahaha let’s bring out all the old hits:

We need a 3rd WR, we need some upgrades at guard, we need a TE with speed, we need a lockdown corner.

At least we seem to have the linebacker that can cover and a left tackle.

I actually think the two-three rookie corners will improve and get the lockdown part....Irv could be the TE with speed.....3rd WR is a big need as are OGs, Safety, and prob DE.

I think the biggest problem is still developing young talent. Why are we afraid of giving young players time? Jaleel Johnson, Dozier, Jones, Stephen, and Samia received too much PT when the didn't belong on the roster. That is before mentioning Elflein.

What happened to the Young DE that filled in two weeks ago and now is gone?

The bottom line is, the defense was a complete mess at the end of the year without Kendricks. The front seven is just awful. If we can just add mediocre players in those roles we will be better.

Have to have a new kicker, PERIOD!

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 6202
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/5/2021 8:12:43 AM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

Pat Shurmur is currently the Broncos OC. So if Fangio goes Shurmur could become available.

He's getting elevated, from what I understand (heard that a couple of days ago). They should fire him, but as I understand it there is nobody to fire him. After the owner died the impending ownership has been in a legal battle.

One thing is for certain, for a guy that was such a great QB, he seems to have no idea what a good QB looks like in this era (Drew Lock, Brett Rypien, Jeff Driskel, Joe Flacco, Brandon Allen, Case Keenum, Trevor Siemian, Paxton Lynch and Brock Osweiler).

At least Lock and Rypien didn't hamper their future as much as drafting Lynch and Osweiler early and overpaying Keenum and Flacco. They almost signed Cousins....

Just my opinion but, I think Elway has done a disastrous job as a GM. That defense has a lot of talent. Lock was flat-out awful at times. Fangio was a mess with clock management.

Post #: 6203
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/5/2021 8:33:56 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Thielen deserves some of the credit for this.

The #Vikings have had a QB finish in the top 10 in QB rating in each of the last 5 seasons.

Kirk Cousins x3
Case Keenum
Sam Bradford

Purple Post on Twitter

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 6204
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/5/2021 8:38:02 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Most 25+ Yard Receptions,
2020:

Justin Jefferson (16)
D.K. Metcalf (15)
Tyreek Hill (14)
Calvin Ridley (14)
D.J. Moore (13)
DeAndre Hopkins (13)
Davante Adams (13)
Brandin Cooks (12)
Tim Patrick (12)

Dustin Baker on Twitter

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 6205
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/5/2021 8:40:45 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Cousins has played here for only three years, but two of his seasons are in the top five for passing yards in Vikings history.

Post #: 6206
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/5/2021 8:46:13 AM   
ronhextall

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: kwheats

Zimmer's choices for his new OC!!!

https://t.co/TTzjVzwstp?amp=1

Man I hope not. Anthony Lynn was a disaster in Los Angeles the past two seasons as a head coach. Maybe get his offensive coordinator, who has done a decent job. Another Kubiak? Talk about nepotism. I've seen enough of that over the past four years.

The other guys I can live with, although Dorsey has no experience in an offensive coordinator role. He was an athletic director at a college until 2019. That would seem to be a stretch and he isn't going to make Kirk Cousins into the next Josh Allen.

Between Anthony Lynn and Zimmer we could see some fabulous game management in terms of timeouts and late game decisions.
Post #: 6207
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/5/2021 8:47:05 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

quote:

quote:

Man I hope not. Anthony Lynn was a disaster in Los Angeles the past two seasons as a head coach. Maybe get his offensive coordinator, who has done a decent job. Another Kubiak? Talk about nepotism. I've seen enough of that over the past four years.

The other guys I can live with, although Dorsey has no experience in an offensive coordinator role. He was an athletic director at a college until 2019. That would seem to be a stretch and he isn't going to make Kirk Cousins into the next Josh Allen.

Between Anthony Lynn and Zimmer we could see some fabulous game management in terms of timeouts and late game decisions.

Perhaps we could also add Fangio for the perfect trifecta.

Post #: 6208
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/5/2021 9:14:38 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

Lynn too much like Zimmer.

If Tyrod Taylor didn't get hurt, we might not have seen Herbert.
Post #: 6209
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/5/2021 9:44:52 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

quote:

I watched several Charger games, and came out of every one saying ...... "sweet jesus, there is someone worse at clock management than Zimmer"
So, please do not sign me up for that

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 6210
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/5/2021 9:52:02 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just my opinion but, I think Elway has done a disastrous job as a GM. That defense has a lot of talent. Lock was flat-out awful at times. Fangio was a mess with clock management.

I am agreeing with you Brad....:)

Post #: 6211
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/5/2021 9:54:57 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

So Bruce would you rather have Diggs or Jefferson at this point (I think it was more a Thielen being there for his leaving as much as Cousins/Cook---Zimmer offense). You just would need a remarkable amount of targets to have two top dog WRs. Buffalo can target Diggs a ton as there isn't another top dog...

Post #: 6212
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/5/2021 10:27:30 AM   
Ragnarök

Playoffs bound Browns coach Kevin Stefanski has COVID-19, Mike Priefer is acting head coach
Post #: 6213
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/5/2021 10:32:34 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ragnarök

Playoffs bound Browns coach Kevin Stefanski has COVID-19, Mike Priefer is acting head coach

Oh myyyyyyy

Haven't Cleveland fans suffered enough?

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 6214
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/5/2021 10:54:06 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ragnarök

Speaking of clock mgmt Preifer actually did a very good job in that respect when he filled in for Zim

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 6215
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/5/2021 11:00:56 AM   
TJSweens

Preifer was actually considered a future head coach, until Kluwe went public over his anti gay rant.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 6216
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/5/2021 11:15:58 AM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

So Bruce would you rather have Diggs or Jefferson at this point (I think it was more a Thielen being there for his leaving as much as Cousins/Cook---Zimmer offense). You just would need a remarkable amount of targets to have two top dog WRs. Buffalo can target Diggs a ton as there isn't another top dog...

Cole Beasley is a beast and just missed 1000 yards receiving. Buffalo's third WR had 35 catches for 599 yards and 7 TDs. Our third WR had 14 catches for 189 yards and 0 TDs. All the while Diggs led the NFL in catches and yards with 127 catches for 1535 yards and 8 TDs.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 6217
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/5/2021 11:18:42 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

Preifer was actually considered a future head coach, until Kluwe went public over his anti gay rant.

Chris will be happy to hear this. Poor Priefer, his well-earned future head coaching job ruined by a mediocre punter who didn't like hearing that gays should be sent to an island and nuked. If there ever was a victim, surely it's Mike Priefer.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 6218
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/5/2021 11:18:47 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

quote:

I watched several Charger games, and came out of every one saying ...... "sweet jesus, there is someone worse at clock management than Zimmer"
So, please do not sign me up for that

Exactly. Vic Fangio has to be in the mix as well. He may be worse than both of them.

Post #: 6219
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/5/2021 11:22:03 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

Chris will be happy to hear this. Poor Priefer, his well-earned future head coaching job ruined by a mediocre punter who didn't like hearing that gays should be sent to an island and nuked. If there ever was a victim, surely it's Mike Priefer.

Who implied Mike Preifer is a victim?

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 6220
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/5/2021 11:33:05 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Two Vikings on the all PFF rookie team. Of course they are Jefferson and Dantzler. I would like to point out that the Vikings traded back with the Saints who used the pick for a tight end. He's on the team too based on being the best blocking tight end in the NFL- rookies or not. I guess tight end was not one of our "needs" last April.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-all-rookie-team-chargers-justin-herbert-qb-vikings-justin-jefferson-washington-chase-young?fbclid=IwAR3QgCSQjw2m8PaUpJeGDfu1b3v_mO06rTLSFbEM6B9Qleuy5tIDAksy0Vw

Post #: 6221
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/5/2021 11:33:08 AM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

You did. Here's how to write what you wrote without the bias.

"Priefer was actually considered a future head coach, until he made a comment about about nuking gay people.

Post #: 6222
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/5/2021 11:42:00 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

Two Vikings on the all PFF rookie team. Of course they are Jefferson and Dantzler. I would like to point out that the Vikings traded back with the Saints who used the pick for a tight end. He's on the team too based on being the best blocking tight end in the NFL- rookies or not. I guess tight end was not one of our "needs" last April.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-all-rookie-team-chargers-justin-herbert-qb-vikings-justin-jefferson-washington-chase-young?fbclid=IwAR3QgCSQjw2m8PaUpJeGDfu1b3v_mO06rTLSFbEM6B9Qleuy5tIDAksy0Vw

It is one of the best drafts the Vikes have had in a while......I think the Vikes have enough talent on defense now as long as they can get healthy with Kendricks, Pierce, Hunter, and Barr....

I would have never thought we had a shot at the playoffs if you told me.....No Hunter, Barr, or Pierce all season. Kendricks out the last 4-5 games. 3rd string started DE (Holmes/Odin/Wonnum out) for the last two games.

Post #: 6223
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/5/2021 11:44:59 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

"Priefer was actually considered a future head coach, until he made a comment about about nuking gay people.

There was no bias in my post. Just a simple statement of fact. The point was that Preifer was considered a head coach in waiting until Kluwe exposed what a bigoted ass he is. You're trying to draw a distinction without a difference. If you're trying to pick a fight, go have it with yourself.

Post #: 6224
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/5/2021 11:45:00 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Not this again....Chris Kluwe was the victim just ask him.

Post #: 6225
Page:   <<   < prev  247 248 [249] 250 251   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  247 248 [249] 250 251   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode