Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/10/2020 9:07:01 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

Lowest Missed Tackle % among Starting LBs, 2019--

1. Montez Sweat, WAS (2.0%)
2. Dre Greenlaw, SF (2.1%)
3. Anthony Barr, MIN (2.5%)
4. Bobby Okereke, IND (3.0%)
5. Eric Wilson, MIN (3.1%)

(Dustin Baker on Twitter)

I was listening on SkorNorth and they were ripping Barr as overpaid. He may be, but there certainly are more egregious offenders. Rhodes and Waynes, for example.

Are you ready for the 3-4?

Wilson and Kendricks MLB, Barr and Hunter OLB, Pierce (3-4 needs a fatty NT), Oden, Hercules. Our Front 7 would look really good and Harris/Smith in back.

Capers came in to help.

All signs point to it.

I believe they may incorporate some of that, but I don't expect them to go full time with the 3/4.

I think Barr, Wilson, Pierce, Oden, and Hercules are made for the 3-4.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 651
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/10/2020 10:04:58 AM  2 votes
David F.

Wilson, kendricks, Barr and Hunter would be the four norsemen of the apocalypse!!!

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 652
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/10/2020 10:06:05 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

Wilson, kendricks, Barr and Hunter would be the four norsemen of the apocalypse!!!

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 653
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/10/2020 10:33:01 AM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

I was listening on SkorNorth and they were ripping Barr as overpaid. He may be, but there certainly are more egregious offenders. Rhodes and Waynes, for example.

Wilson and Kendricks MLB, Barr and Hunter OLB, Pierce (3-4 needs a fatty NT), Oden, Hercules. Our Front 7 would look really good and Harris/Smith in back.

Capers came in to help.

All signs point to it.

Is Odenigbo big enough to play end in a 3-4?

He's listed at 258. Unless he's packed on some pounds, he might be best in an OLB rotation.

Griff would've been perfect for the role...
Post #: 654
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/10/2020 10:36:47 AM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

quote:

Capers came in to help.

All signs point to it.

Is Odenigbo big enough to play end in a 3-4?

He's listed at 258. Unless he's packed on some pounds, he might be best in an OLB rotation.

Griff would've been perfect for the role...

Holmes might be better as a 3-4 DE, if he's to be better at all.....
Post #: 655
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/10/2020 12:32:07 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Rookie Year Catch % --

Stefon Diggs, 2015: 61.9%
Olabisi Johnson, 2019: 68.9%

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 656
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/10/2020 12:33:33 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Vikings Turnover Differential, since 2008--

6 years pre-Zimmer: -27
6 years w/Zimmer: +31

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 657
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/10/2020 1:27:38 PM   
SoMnFan

Sorry if this has been posted already.

Early last season, it was clear that Stefon Diggs wasn’t happy with the Minnesota Vikings.
The Vikings were struggling, Diggs strangely wasn’t at practice, he reportedly wanted to be traded and Diggs himself didn’t deny it. Then the Vikings offense got hot and everyone seemed to forget any of Diggs’ gripes.
It was resolved in the offseason when the Vikings traded Diggs to the Buffalo Bills. We’ll probably never find out exactly what happened during Diggs’ September of discontent, but he went out of his way to say he had nothing but respect for Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins.
If people thought there was some issue between Diggs and Cousins, Diggs praised Cousins in a first-person story for The Players’ Tribune.
Diggs said Cousins was one of the first people to reach out after he was traded.
“Kirk was one of the first guys to text me,” Diggs wrote. “He was super appreciative of the time we spent together over the last couple of years, and he was just as encouraging, wishing me the best of luck in Buffalo. And it’s like … what do I even say about Kirk? This is a man who has invited me into his home. Introduced me to his family. Put in the extra hours with us. He’s a guy who, through all the ups and downs over the last couple of years, I’ve developed a tremendous amount of appreciation and respect for. I’m definitely going to miss playing with and learning from him.”
Diggs also had great things to say about former teammate Adam Thielen (“He’s a guy I hold dear to my heart, and I’m damn sure gonna miss him.”) and the fans and city of Minnesota.
Diggs expressed excitement about playing for the Bills, and specifically quarterback Josh Allen. He said he remembers the upset the Bills got over the Vikings in 2018, Allen’s rookie year, and he was impressed.
Like plenty of others, Diggs is excited about the potential of the rising Bills this season.
“I mean, honestly, if you look at this Bills team — if you look at it RIGHT NOW, in 2020? I think it’s a team that’s ready to be great,” Diggs wrote.
The addition of Diggs is a big one for the Bills, even though they gave up a lot of draft picks to get it done. Diggs is excited, although it sounds like he’ll remember his time with the Vikings fondly.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 658
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/10/2020 2:17:35 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Capers came in to help.

All signs point to it.

I believe they may incorporate some of that, but I don't expect them to go full time with the 3/4.

Hercules is at 289lbs right now....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 659
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/10/2020 2:30:15 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Sorry if this has been posted already.

Early last season, it was clear that Stefon Diggs wasn’t happy with the Minnesota Vikings.
The Vikings were struggling, Diggs strangely wasn’t at practice, he reportedly wanted to be traded and Diggs himself didn’t deny it. Then the Vikings offense got hot and everyone seemed to forget any of Diggs’ gripes.
It was resolved in the offseason when the Vikings traded Diggs to the Buffalo Bills. We’ll probably never find out exactly what happened during Diggs’ September of discontent, but he went out of his way to say he had nothing but respect for Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins.
If people thought there was some issue between Diggs and Cousins, Diggs praised Cousins in a first-person story for The Players’ Tribune.
Diggs said Cousins was one of the first people to reach out after he was traded.
“Kirk was one of the first guys to text me,” Diggs wrote. “He was super appreciative of the time we spent together over the last couple of years, and he was just as encouraging, wishing me the best of luck in Buffalo. And it’s like … what do I even say about Kirk? This is a man who has invited me into his home. Introduced me to his family. Put in the extra hours with us. He’s a guy who, through all the ups and downs over the last couple of years, I’ve developed a tremendous amount of appreciation and respect for. I’m definitely going to miss playing with and learning from him.”
Diggs also had great things to say about former teammate Adam Thielen (“He’s a guy I hold dear to my heart, and I’m damn sure gonna miss him.”) and the fans and city of Minnesota.
Diggs expressed excitement about playing for the Bills, and specifically quarterback Josh Allen. He said he remembers the upset the Bills got over the Vikings in 2018, Allen’s rookie year, and he was impressed.
Like plenty of others, Diggs is excited about the potential of the rising Bills this season.
“I mean, honestly, if you look at this Bills team — if you look at it RIGHT NOW, in 2020? I think it’s a team that’s ready to be great,” Diggs wrote.
The addition of Diggs is a big one for the Bills, even though they gave up a lot of draft picks to get it done. Diggs is excited, although it sounds like he’ll remember his time with the Vikings fondly.

Thanks for sharing. I don't think that Diggs would be that much of a hypocrite to talk love for Cousins if Cousins was the reason for him leaving.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 660
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/10/2020 2:31:01 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Capers came in to help.

All signs point to it.

That is pretty amazing. He wants it so bad.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 661
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/10/2020 2:44:08 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Capers came in to help.

All signs point to it.

Right. That's pretty much ideal for a 3-4 DE.
Post #: 662
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/10/2020 2:47:26 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Capers came in to help.

All signs point to it.

That is pretty amazing. He wants it so bad.

That's right. Great point about his weight. He is being groomed for the 3 tech. We haven't been getting much pass rush from that position and that might fix it. Or a 3/4 defensive end I guess too. I mean, if he's on the field he can go back and forth if we go back and forth with the formations. He can be kind of a flex guy.

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 4/10/2020 2:49:07 PM >

Post #: 663
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/10/2020 5:46:38 PM   
Pager

I get so tired of the narrative that Diggs had issues with Cousins:

If people thought there was some issue between Diggs and Cousins, Diggs praised Cousins in a first-person story for The Players’ Tribune. Diggs said Cousins was one of the first people to reach out after he was traded.

https://sports.yahoo.com/stefon-diggs-says-kirk-cousins-was-one-of-first-to-text-him-after-vikings-trade-145626636.html

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 664
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/10/2020 6:06:36 PM   
Pager

Diggs' own words

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/stefon-diggs-lets-get-it-buffalo-bills-minnesota-vikings

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 665
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/10/2020 7:53:00 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

Diggs' own words

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/stefon-diggs-lets-get-it-buffalo-bills-minnesota-vikings

Pager you should have read the page before posting.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 666
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/10/2020 11:31:45 PM   
quote:

Rookie Year Catch % --

I’m sorry Dustin Baker this is just dumb.

Bisi Johnson can’t/ couldn’t hold Diggs athletic supporter in terms of ability.

This is when analytics drive me crazy.
  Post #: 667
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/11/2020 12:26:33 AM   
unome

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

Rookie Year Catch % --

Yes. Do not pick just one stat and pretend that it means much by itself. Or if you do, pick a better stat. Diggs should have a lower catch percentage than a lot of receivers because he goes deep more often than the average receiver and those passes have a much lower completion rate. Not surprisingly, Bisi's yards per catch last year was 9.5 and Diggs' was 13.8 his rookie year. Blend these two stats together and you get that Diggs' yards per target was 8.6 his rookie year and Bisi's was 6.5 last year. This seems to be a more valuable stat and one that more accurately shows the relative value of both Wide Receivers.
Post #: 668
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/11/2020 6:22:35 AM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: unome

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

Rookie Year Catch % --

Yes. Do not pick just one stat and pretend that it means much by itself. Or if you do, pick a better stat. Diggs should have a lower catch percentage than a lot of receivers because he goes deep more often than the average receiver and those passes have a much lower completion rate. Not surprisingly, Bisi's yards per catch last year was 9.5 and Diggs' was 13.8 his rookie year. Blend these two stats together and you get that Diggs' yards per target was 8.6 his rookie year and Bisi's was 6.5 last year. This seems to be a more valuable stat and one that more accurately shows the relative value of both Wide Receivers.

Diggs and Thielen went up against the number one and two corners. It is interesting to note that Diggs had a catch percentage higher than Thielen, for whatever reason.

Post #: 669
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/11/2020 6:35:07 AM   
Bruce Johnson

You might like this one better.

In his 6-year career, Davante Adams has scored 2 TDs of 40+ yards.

Or this one:

List of NFL QBs that threw more than 3 passing TDs of 50+ yards in 2019:

Kirk Cousins

[end list]

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 4/11/2020 6:45:38 AM >

Post #: 670
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/11/2020 6:49:49 AM   
Bruce Johnson

From Week 3 against the Raiders thru Week 8 against the Redskins, the Vikings had 6 consecutive games of allowing zero rushing TDs.

It was the longest such streak by a team in the NFL during the entire 2019 season.

Post #: 671
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/11/2020 6:51:56 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Most 50+ Yard Rushing TDs in NFL history:

1. Adrian Peterson (16)
2. Barry Sanders (15)
3. Jim Brown (12)
4. Chris Johnson (11)

**6 players tied in 5th place with 8 TDs

And another about Adrian:

Adrian Peterson, 30+ Yards TDs:

w/Vikings = 21
Not w/Vikings = 2

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 4/11/2020 6:55:58 AM >

Post #: 672
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/11/2020 7:41:07 AM   
Bill Jandro

So what was Diggs beef then?

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 673
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/11/2020 7:52:54 AM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

With the play calling? Maybe it was just that he wanted to be a #1 guy and he didn't see that happening with Thielen. I kind of felt like we had two #1 guys, but definitely due to injury Diggs was the guy last year for us.

Post #: 674
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/11/2020 7:53:28 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

After reading his article, maybe he had it too good and needed a challenge.
Post #: 675
Page:   <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode