Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  26 27 [28] 29 30   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/11/2020 8:05:35 AM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

So what was Diggs beef then?

After reading his article, maybe he had it too good and needed a challenge.

I really think he just wants to be a superstar in the league. Buffalo is an up and coming football team. New England is going to decline, now, and he will be their star.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 676
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/11/2020 8:13:53 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

After reading his article, maybe he had it too good and needed a challenge.

I really think he just wants to be a superstar in the league. Buffalo is an up and coming football team. New England is going to decline, now, and he will be their star.

You have a point. Cook is our feature guy.

Buffalo is good but Diggs is going to miss playing in Domes when he has to play in the winds and cold of the Northeast teams.
Post #: 677
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/11/2020 9:16:08 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Most Receptions by 2019 NFC North Draftees--

1. Irv Smith Jr. (36)
2. T.J. Hockenson (32)
3. Olabisi Johnson (31)
4. David Montgomery (25)
5. Ty Johnson (24)

(Dustin Baker on Twitter)

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 678
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/11/2020 9:19:09 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

Most Receptions by 2019 NFC North Draftees--

1. Irv Smith Jr. (36)
2. T.J. Hockenson (32)
3. Olabisi Johnson (31)
4. David Montgomery (25)
5. Ty Johnson (24)

Very interesting.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 679
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/11/2020 9:19:34 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Career Catch % --

Davante Adams: 62.1%
Adam Thielen: 69.3%

Post #: 680
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/11/2020 9:22:13 AM   
Bruce Johnson

non-Offense TDs by team, since 2014:

1. Eagles (31 TDs)
2. Chiefs (30 TDs)
3. Ravens (26 TDs)
4. Rams (25 TDs)
5. Vikings (24 TDs)

**This is defensive TDs + special teams TDs

Post #: 681
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/11/2020 9:40:38 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Receptions in a season by Rookie TE, Vikings history--

1. Joe Senser (42)
2. Irv Smith Jr. (36)
3. Andrew Jordan (35)
4. Kyle Rudolph (26)
5. Hal Bedsole (18)

Dustin Baker

Post #: 682
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/11/2020 9:59:12 AM   
Bill Jandro

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/09/dalvin-cook-sees-himself-as-nfls-best-rb-seeks-long-term-deal-with-vikings/

I really like Cook but Spielman would be an idiot to sign him to an Elliot-like deal.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 683
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/11/2020 11:24:02 AM   
bohumm

quote:

It may have been offensive philosophy, or, just speculation, he may have liked Kirk the person a lot more than Kirk the QB. The timing was strange if it had zero to do with Kirk. And I'm not blaming Kirk myself, just observing.
Post #: 684
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/11/2020 11:50:28 AM   
Pager

I think his primary frustration was with Zimmer's philosophy. I think some of that spilled over to Cousins. The reason OC like Mike Shanahan and McVay like him him as a QB: He is religious about his read progressions. He goes where the defense and play call dictates. Cousins also is not good at going off script. When Thielan was healthy he was more often the primary target. Diggs wants to be the man. To be fair to Cousins, he had 2.2 seconds snap to release last year, if you take out rollouts and play action. The oline didn't give much time for plays to develop in straight drop back situations and Diggs usually ran deeper routes.

That's my speculation.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 685
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/11/2020 1:09:16 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

I think his primary frustration was with Zimmer's philosophy. I think some of that spilled over to Cousins. The reason OC like Mike Shanahan and McVay like him him as a QB: He is religious about his read progressions. He goes where the defense and play call dictates. Cousins also is not good at going off script. When Thielan was healthy he was more often the primary target. Diggs wants to be the man. To be fair to Cousins, he had 2.2 seconds snap to release last year, if you take out rollouts and play action. The oline didn't give much time for plays to develop in straight drop back situations and Diggs usually ran deeper routes.

That's my speculation.

Diggs should be use to a run first team. 4 years at Maryland where he was largely invisible.

Post #: 686
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/11/2020 1:15:33 PM   
Bill Jandro

Sounds like the XFL has folded.

Post #: 687
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/11/2020 11:13:24 PM   
Viking Rich

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

That's my speculation.

This.

I think too, that Thielen was also very frustrated. In fact, it appeared even more than Diggs to a degree. With Thielen, it was very obvious with Cousins when he publically called him out, but he also called out Zimmer as well, when he stated (paraphrasing) that "you can't run the ball all the time."

Diggs was quieter vocally, but his actions and conduct were signs of frustration as well. Everyone attributed it to Cousins, but I suspect it may have been on the coaching (Zimmer).

Thielen is a home town product, while Diggs had no problem trying to force his way out.

Sam Darnold's Gonna Shock Us All
Post #: 688
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/12/2020 8:30:45 AM  1 votes
Mark Anderson

Happy Easter, everybody.
Post #: 689
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/12/2020 9:22:17 AM   
Mark Anderson

Tom Johnson gets half million settlement from Minneapolis for roughing him up during arrest.
Post #: 690
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/12/2020 9:42:02 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Defensive Stat.

Fewest Plays of 20+ Yards Allowed, since 2014:

1. Vikings (355)
2. Broncos (376)
3. Bills (387)
t4. Seahawks (389)
t4. Cowboys (389)

The Vikings were 8th in this metric in 2019.

Post #: 691
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/12/2020 9:44:20 AM  1 votes
Bill Johanesen

I'm glad Diggs is gone.

His antics even after good plays were downers, to include the 15 yard penalties. It was about 'look at what I can do',

He wanted/wants to be the center of attention. Have at it in Buffalo.
Post #: 692
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/12/2020 11:54:42 AM   
David F.

The Minneapolis miracle was the single most electric fantastic cathartic experience of my Vikings fandom. One absurdly athletic play reversed the tradition of big-moment flops/letdowns I had come to learn was a cornerstone badge of honor/curse of being a fan. I’m not glad he’s gone. He has elite skills and a fierce competitive spirit. Sure it sucked when he took off his helmet that one time and got us a penalty. I was willing to tolerate it in exchange for his rare combination of speed, quickness, footwork, and leaping/ball awareness. In my opinion he and thielen had every right to express frustration with the state of the offense at various times. Do I ever get frustrated at the shitty offensive line we’ve put out there the last few years? Sure do. Now imagine you have a burning fire in your belly to show the world what happens when you’ve been criminally underestimated and year after year the offense struggled to function in a way that allows for longer developing plays to have a chance.

Diggs’ antics were no more damaging or distracting than Moss’.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 693
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/12/2020 12:36:28 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I keep hearing that the Vikings can't win running the ball as much as they do.

The 3 teams that ran the ball more than the Vikings last season were the Ravens, 49ers, and Seahawks..

All very unsuccessful teams last season.................

(Dominique Clare on Twitter)

Post #: 694
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/12/2020 12:54:23 PM   
beo

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

The Minneapolis miracle was the single most electric fantastic cathartic experience of my Vikings fandom. One absurdly athletic play reversed the tradition of big-moment flops/letdowns I had come to learn was a cornerstone badge of honor/curse of being a fan. I’m not glad he’s gone. He has elite skills and a fierce competitive spirit. Sure it sucked when he took off his helmet that one time and got us a penalty. I was willing to tolerate it in exchange for his rare combination of speed, quickness, footwork, and leaping/ball awareness. In my opinion he and thielen had every right to express frustration with the state of the offense at various times. Do I ever get frustrated at the shitty offensive line we’ve put out there the last few years? Sure do. Now imagine you have a burning fire in your belly to show the world what happens when you’ve been criminally underestimated and year after year the offense struggled to function in a way that allows for longer developing plays to have a chance.

This.
Losing without distractions is overrated.
Post #: 695
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/12/2020 1:00:12 PM   
jbusse

quote:

I agree. Maybe we don't know the full extent of his dissatisfaction. He was so good and not so expensive. The long plays were nice, and I loved how he could get open in a few yards when he had to, like he did against GB a couple years ago (see below at 1:50):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDM4kiEk_2c
Post #: 696
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/12/2020 1:14:58 PM   
David F.

quote:

I keep hearing that the Vikings can't win running the ball as much as they do.

The 3 teams that ran the ball more than the Vikings last season were the Ravens, 49ers, and Seahawks..

All very unsuccessful teams last season.................

(Dominique Clare on Twitter)

If you’re gonna be a running team you better have the O line and a bruiser TE to pull it off. Cook is phenomenal but he cant pull it off all on his own. His Yards per carry dropped as the season went by as opponents adjusted their game plans to contain him.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 697
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/12/2020 1:19:12 PM   
Todd M

quote:

100% with you on all that.
Post #: 698
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/12/2020 2:23:50 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

100% with you on all that.

Yeah. If we blow it with the picks, it will be a mistake.
Post #: 699
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/12/2020 5:49:55 PM  1 votes
Bill Johanesen

No mistake, he wanted out. We did him a favor.

Oft injured Diggs has taken his tweeting talents to Buffalo. Someone else's problem and mark my words, Diggs isn't finished being a malcontent.

And don't insult Moss by comparing he and Diggs.
Post #: 700
Page:   <<   < prev  26 27 [28] 29 30   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  26 27 [28] 29 30   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode