Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  49 50 [51] 52 53   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/20/2020 5:14:02 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

How about we don't attack Scott. To some this talk is traumatic. We don't know his experience. Show sensitivity both ways.

How about stfu for once.

Few things have been more deserving of a call out.

OK attack me fine. I can take it. You don't know how traumatic this might be for Scott. So you shouldn't judge.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1251
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/20/2020 5:14:42 PM   
kgdabom

More Pete bercich Film analysis. James Lynch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkNW_5oNVQY

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1252
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/20/2020 6:09:02 PM  2 votes
Todd M

quote:

quote:

quote:

How about we don't attack Scott. To some this talk is traumatic. We don't know his experience. Show sensitivity both ways.

How about stfu for once.

OK attack me fine. I can take it. You don't know how traumatic this might be for Scott. So you shouldn't judge.

And what if it's not traumatic to him? Personally triggering? What if he's just being an insensitive dick? At best he's shockingly oblivious. Your benefits of doubt,, your turn the other cheeks, your thoughts and prayers ...you're sugar coating shit.
Post #: 1253
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/20/2020 8:02:28 PM   
quote:

quote:

quote:

How about stfu for once.

“Traumatic for Scott?”

NO, if Scott knows someone who has been affected by this crap then all the more he should be compassionate to our buddy Bruce in his situation.

Scott’s always been cool to me, but that was f**cked up, plain and simple.

I’ll leave it there, and simply wish Bruce the very best in his fight.
  Post #: 1254
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/20/2020 9:55:33 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

How about stfu for once.

And what if it's not traumatic to him? Personally triggering? What if he's just being an insensitive dick? At best he's shockingly oblivious. Your benefits of doubt,, your turn the other cheeks, your thoughts and prayers ...you're sugar coating shit.

Way to show love and compassion. With his not wanting it here I reasoned it must be traumatizing to him. It was the only reason I could think of.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1255
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/21/2020 8:52:11 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

What they hell is all this Covid Talk in the General Vikings thread?

Move it to where it belongs please.

It's talk about Bruce which in my opinion is OK in the general vikings thread. However, I get that opinions on that will differ. Could a mod make a new thread specifically for Bruce related COVID talk?

Actually anyone can made a new thread.

If y'all want one, I'll do it.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 1256
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/21/2020 8:56:01 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

How about stfu for once.

OK, So it's ok to attack me for simply pointing out that this is the General Vikings thread.

I am as concerned from Bruce as everyone here but we don't need to hijack this thread for it.

As for people telling me to stfu or get out of here, y'all can KISS MY ASS.

I've been posting here as long as most of you. And deserve that kind of talk as much as none of you.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 1257
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/21/2020 8:58:29 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

How about stfu for once.

Way to show love and compassion. With his not wanting it here I reasoned it must be traumatizing to him. It was the only reason I could think of.

Traumatizing no. But I am getting enough Covid talk in the Covid thread in the politics section, plus it's all over the radio, TV etc. I come in here for a diversion and get even more of it.

thank you for defending me.

SO I'M SORRY TO ALL YOU SENSITIVE JERKS WHO WANT TO DISCUSS THIS SHIT IN HERE.

Post #: 1258
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/21/2020 9:11:21 AM   
Todd M

Douches it up a bit more.

That's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for them.
Post #: 1259
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/21/2020 9:16:19 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

I have created a thread for you guys to discuss this issue and those infected so that you can discuss away to your hearts content and stop hijacking this thread.

And "Douches it up a bit more" is a Douche thing to say.

Post #: 1260
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/21/2020 9:17:36 AM   
Todd M

We should all just continue here. Someone will just have to get over themselves.
Post #: 1261
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/21/2020 9:21:52 AM   
Trekgeekscott

Really Todd?

Intentionally be an ass just to be an ass?

I simply want this thread to be about it's title and not get diverted into unrelated stuff.

I have created a thread so the Discussion about Bruce and others infected and other related Covid discussions can take place.

So you have a choice. Move it there and keep this thread for the Vikings, or be an ass just because someone suggested that this not be the place to discuss this.

Seriously

Post #: 1262
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/21/2020 9:25:43 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
NFL facilities begin to reopen today, gradually, slowly, with limited attendance. But they begin to open.

When will the Vikings facilities open?

Post #: 1263
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/21/2020 9:29:17 AM   
Todd M

#chooseassforBruce
Post #: 1264
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/21/2020 9:29:34 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

More Pete bercich Film analysis. James Lynch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkNW_5oNVQY

Bump

Post #: 1265
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/21/2020 9:31:58 AM   
Todd M

quote:

#chooseassforBruce

bump
Post #: 1266
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/21/2020 9:35:38 AM   
TJSweens

Hey guys. I don't think Bruce is happy with people tearing into each other if he is able to read this.

Nobody needs the last word. Let it go.

If you want to continue to talk through your thoughts on Bruce here, go ahead.

If you want to talk Vikes, talk Vikes.

Leave the rest of it at the curb.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 1267
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/21/2020 9:37:24 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

What they hell is all this Covid Talk in the General Vikings thread?

Move it to where it belongs please.

How about just the slightest bit of sensitivity dude!

Bruce Johnson is a huge contributor on this site damn near 24 yours a day posting great story after story

We all just want to show support.

So chill the f**k out why don’t ya!!!

Kurt, I said nothing until the big Ventilator post.

I pray for Bruce just like everyone else here.

Post #: 1268
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/21/2020 9:45:15 AM   
Todd M

Bruce will get better just to sympathize with Scott bc that's just the guy he is. It will irk me but I will take it.
Post #: 1269
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/21/2020 9:58:28 AM   
Pauldiercks1

I don't post often, but I know Bruce is a good guy and deserves support here doesn't matter the thread. (as does any person for that matter)I pray for a return to good health for Bruce and hopefully no lasting effects.

Even though some people are predicting the Vikings will do really well this coming season, I'm not sure I see it. With all the new players I am excited to see how they perform but I think we will struggle early and possibly finish the season very strong. Maybe not a bad thing if the early struggles don't prevent you from the post season but we likely will need to have patience. The veterans on teams that are willing to mentor the young players and put in the time especially for the Vikings I feel will be a huge benefit.
Post #: 1270
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/21/2020 10:09:10 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pauldiercks1

I don't post often, but I know Bruce is a good guy and deserves support here doesn't matter the thread. (as does any person for that matter)I pray for a return to good health for Bruce and hopefully no lasting effects.

Even though some people are predicting the Vikings will do really well this coming season, I'm not sure I see it. With all the new players I am excited to see how they perform but I think we will struggle early and possibly finish the season very strong. Maybe not a bad thing if the early struggles don't prevent you from the post season but we likely will need to have patience. The veterans on teams that are willing to mentor the young players and put in the time especially for the Vikings I feel will be a huge benefit.

\

Agreed.

I think we will struggle early especially since this team is very young now. and we will have troubles early because of a very young and inexperienced secondary (specifically at the CB position).

But they will pull it together later in the season and make a good run. It will probably fall short in the postseason and then there will be dozens of people out there that will blame it all on Kirk Cousins.

But at this point, I do think they have a good shot at the division and a run in the post season. There are just a couple of teams that are a little bit better.

Post #: 1271
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/21/2020 10:34:18 AM   
TJSweens

I don't think youth is a death knell for a season. There are plenty of teams throughout the years that have exceeded expectations after an overhaul of youth.

We have had a huge overhaul in the defensive backfield, but what are we replacing from last year when we won a playoff game?

Xavier Rhodes? The man was pretty well abused for the entire season.
Trae Waynes? He is the very definition of a mediocre corner.
Mackensie Alexander? He was pretty solid, but a situational player.

Our two best defensive backs (Smith & Harris) are returning. Hughes is healthy and if he can stay that way, should create a situation where there is no drop off from whoever he replaces. Now that players can't be suspended for weed, Hill looks like somebody who can at least play at Rhodes and Waynes level. We added a couple of very promising draft picks, who may be able to not only cover, actually create turnovers.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 1272
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/21/2020 10:44:32 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

How about stfu for once.

OK, So it's ok to attack me for simply pointing out that this is the General Vikings thread.

I am as concerned from Bruce as everyone here but we don't need to hijack this thread for it.

As for people telling me to stfu or get out of here, y'all can KISS MY ASS.

I've been posting here as long as most of you. And deserve that kind of talk as much as none of you.

Oh, so you were simply being an insensitive jackass. No trauma, no poor Scott.
Post #: 1273
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/21/2020 10:45:06 AM   
joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pauldiercks1

I think the team will surprise some of us, Paul. IF the secondary works out and the left side of the oline shows some improvement, we should be really good. Especially in the NFC North.
Post #: 1274
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/21/2020 10:45:11 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

Nothing like doubling down on being an asshole.
Post #: 1275
Page:   <<   < prev  49 50 [51] 52 53   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  49 50 [51] 52 53   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode