Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  50 51 [52] 53 54   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/21/2020 11:37:38 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

How about we don't attack Scott. To some this talk is traumatic. We don't know his experience. Show sensitivity both ways.

How about stfu for once.

Few things have been more deserving of a call out.

OK, So it's ok to attack me for simply pointing out that this is the General Vikings thread.

I am as concerned from Bruce as everyone here but we don't need to hijack this thread for it.

As for people telling me to stfu or get out of here, y'all can KISS MY ASS.

I've been posting here as long as most of you. And deserve that kind of talk as much as none of you.

Oh, so you were simply being an insensitive jackass. No trauma, no poor Scott.

Let it go Bill.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 1276
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/21/2020 11:56:39 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

Hey guys. I don't think Bruce is happy with people tearing into each other if he is able to read this.

Nobody needs the last word. Let it go.

If you want to continue to talk through your thoughts on Bruce here, go ahead.

If you want to talk Vikes, talk Vikes.

Leave the rest of it at the curb.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1277
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/21/2020 12:00:02 PM   
bohumm

Sorry if my post explaining some of what Bruce MIGHT be going through was out of place. It seemed to me to be a natural progression from the discussion that was going on, and since I have some knowledge specific to someone's question, I thought I'd try to add clarity if possible.

An NFL team is a stadium, a facility, some dozens of people who work for the team, a couple dozen coaching/training personnel, sixty-some to ninety players, and legions of fans, millions and more for every team. If one of those fans in a team fan forum like this one has an impact in their lives like Bruce has, it certainly has a place in the general forum. My post was about Bruce, not about COVID-19 Coronavirus resulting in mechanical ventilation. And if that spills over into a little too much clinical talk for you, scroll the fukk down. If a Vikings fan has issues with scrolling that are so immense that it causes catastrophic levels of angst and frustration, then I guess we can talk about that in here, too. Like we just have.

Get well, Bruce.

Calm yourself, Scott.
Post #: 1278
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/21/2020 12:47:52 PM   
Steve Lentz

Exactly. It's about Bruce.
Hoping to hear something positive soon.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 1279
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/21/2020 1:01:43 PM  1 votes
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

Sorry if my post explaining some of what Bruce MIGHT be going through was out of place. It seemed to me to be a natural progression from the discussion that was going on, and since I have some knowledge specific to someone's question, I thought I'd try to add clarity if possible.

An NFL team is a stadium, a facility, some dozens of people who work for the team, a couple dozen coaching/training personnel, sixty-some to ninety players, and legions of fans, millions and more for every team. If one of those fans in a team fan forum like this one has an impact in their lives like Bruce has, it certainly has a place in the general forum. My post was about Bruce, not about COVID-19 Coronavirus resulting in mechanical ventilation. And if that spills over into a little too much clinical talk for you, scroll the fukk down. If a Vikings fan has issues with scrolling that are so immense that it causes catastrophic levels of angst and frustration, then I guess we can talk about that in here, too. Like we just have.

Get well, Bruce.

Calm yourself, Scott.

I much appreciated your post.

We have a lot of posters that don't go to the Politics threads (or at least don't post there). So, IMO, this is exactly the thread where we should be talking about one of our own.
Post #: 1280
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/21/2020 1:14:03 PM   
unome

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

Get well, Bruce.

Calm yourself, Scott.

We have a lot of posters that don't go to the Politics threads (or at least don't post there). So, IMO, this is exactly the thread where we should be talking about one of our own.

I agree. Get well, Bruce!!
Post #: 1281
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/21/2020 2:24:20 PM   
jbusse

quote:

ORIGINAL: unome

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

Get well, Bruce.

Calm yourself, Scott.

I agree. Get well, Bruce!!

Me too. I'm often amazed at the level of knowledge (non-Viking knowledge, in this instance) that various posters have.
Post #: 1282
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/21/2020 5:02:30 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

Get well, Bruce.

Calm yourself, Scott.

It was very good, especially after my two-liner post on the discomfort levels read from a single article a month ago.
Post #: 1283
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/21/2020 5:03:09 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

How about we don't attack Scott. To some this talk is traumatic. We don't know his experience. Show sensitivity both ways.

How about stfu for once.

Few things have been more deserving of a call out.

OK, So it's ok to attack me for simply pointing out that this is the General Vikings thread.

I am as concerned from Bruce as everyone here but we don't need to hijack this thread for it.

As for people telling me to stfu or get out of here, y'all can KISS MY ASS.

I've been posting here as long as most of you. And deserve that kind of talk as much as none of you.

Oh, so you were simply being an insensitive jackass. No trauma, no poor Scott.

Let it go Bill.

I read posts chronologically
Post #: 1284
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/21/2020 7:40:46 PM   
Dave Odle

Y'all, relax.

I think this would have worked itself out. No need to create new threads and draw lines in the sand.

Try using hindsight in the present.
Post #: 1285
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/21/2020 7:50:45 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dave Odle

Y'all, relax.

I think this would have worked itself out. No need to create new threads and draw lines in the sand.

You are about a day late....
Post #: 1286
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/21/2020 7:53:43 PM   
Dave Odle

quote:

quote:

Y'all, relax.

Just trying to help. That's all.

Post #: 1287
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/21/2020 7:56:35 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

Y'all, relax.

Already done.
Post #: 1288
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/21/2020 7:59:52 PM   
Dave Odle

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Y'all, relax.

Already done.

Is there anybody who knows Bruce personally? Maybe has a contact beyond PM here? I do wish him the best.

Post #: 1289
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/21/2020 8:03:15 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Y'all, relax.

Already done.

Is there anybody who knows Bruce personally? Maybe has a contact beyond PM here? I do wish him the best.

People were asking that, then Scott came in with his whirlwind and those questions kind of evaporated.
Post #: 1290
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/21/2020 8:08:59 PM   
Dave Odle

I hope we find a way to see how he's doing. Bruce is a very kind person. Again, I wish him the best and hope he gets better soon.

Post #: 1291
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/21/2020 8:14:12 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Do the mods or whoever have access to an email address from when he registered here? Delicate situation in terms of sending an email to that address though.
Post #: 1292
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/21/2020 9:05:06 PM   
TJSweens

Your best bet would be to try Toby. The administrators are the only ones who have that level of access.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 1293
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/22/2020 12:01:45 AM   
bohumm

I recently crossed paths with Bruce on Twitter, so I found his feed again and it hasn't been updated since Tuesday morning when he posted the same thing he did on here about soon going on a ventilator. I did a search on his wife's name, which is part of his Twitter handle, and found a Facebook page that doesn't contain much for non-friends. I put in a friend request, but obviously she doesn't recognize me as anything but some creepy mofo from Cali who seems to have put in a friend request for no reason. I'll let you guys know if I learn anything from those sources.
Post #: 1294
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/22/2020 6:31:06 AM   
eagleflorida

quote:

I recently crossed paths with Bruce on Twitter, so I found his feed again and it hasn't been updated since Tuesday morning when he posted the same thing he did on here about soon going on a ventilator. I did a search on his wife's name, which is part of his Twitter handle, and found a Facebook page that doesn't contain much for non-friends. I put in a friend request, but obviously she doesn't recognize me as anything but some creepy mofo from Cali who seems to have put in a friend request for no reason. I'll let you guys know if I learn anything from those sources.

Good try though bohumm. I especially liked your info on ventilators & oximeters earlier.
Post #: 1295
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/22/2020 7:27:04 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: eagleflorida

quote:

Good try though bohumm. I especially liked your info on ventilators & oximeters earlier.

Me too. Good info

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1296
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/22/2020 12:30:53 PM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

You're a good man.
Thanks for the efforts.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 1297
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/22/2020 2:47:21 PM   
quote:

Thanks for the effort Bob.

(I won’t tell anyone you are a creepy mofo from Cali)
  Post #: 1298
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/22/2020 6:29:51 PM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

Thanks for the effort Bob.

(I won’t tell anyone you are a creepy mofo from Cali)

Good, since you could actually confirm it.
Post #: 1299
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/22/2020 7:30:06 PM   
thebigo

quote:

Hey guys. I don't think Bruce is happy with people tearing into each other if he is able to read this.

Nobody needs the last word. Let it go.

If you want to continue to talk through your thoughts on Bruce here, go ahead.

If you want to talk Vikes, talk Vikes.

Leave the rest of it at the curb.

Nailed it.
Post #: 1300
Page:   <<   < prev  50 51 [52] 53 54   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  50 51 [52] 53 54   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode