Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/16/2020 3:54:12 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

People are saying this is a joke. I post it anyway for entertainment value.

The #Vikings have traded WR Stefon Diggs to the #Texans for JJ Watt and a 2nd round pick. More details to come. Crazy.

(Ian Rappaport on Twitter)

That's a joke alright.

I can't believe the Texans would give up Watt and a 2nd round pick for Diggs. Especially since they have no high round picks and they traded Hopkins to get one. Further, I love Diggs, but there is no way he's worth that much

The Texans traded Hopkins for a pick????????
Are they freaking insane?

David Johnson and a pick.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 151
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/16/2020 3:56:12 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

quote:

People are saying this is a joke. I post it anyway for entertainment value.

The #Vikings have traded WR Stefon Diggs to the #Texans for JJ Watt and a 2nd round pick. More details to come. Crazy.

(Ian Rappaport on Twitter)

That's a joke alright.

I can't believe the Texans would give up Watt and a 2nd round pick for Diggs. Especially since they have no high round picks and they traded Hopkins to get one. Further, I love Diggs, but there is no way he's worth that much

The Texans traded Hopkins for a pick????????
Are they freaking insane?

David Johnson and a pick.

You can stick a fork in David Johnson. To me he has negative value due to contract. So the Texans traded Hopkins for a bad contract and a second round pick.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 152
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/16/2020 3:59:58 PM   
odin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ragnarök

quote:

ORIGINAL: odin

Hopefully Kirk is the sign and trade and Diggs stays.

I would enjoy the sound of that, and now that SF traded Buckner to Colts for their first round pick they have the ammo to tempt us since reuniting with Shanny wont happen next year for Cousins as speculated all along in SF because of the extention.

Could get interesting... But more likely they extend our HC and GM and its biz as usual and they move on from habitual problem child Diggs...

Does Garappolo have a no-trade clause? 3-way trade w/ 49ers & NE sending us a bag of footballs would be good enough for me. I've seen more than enough. Best realistic trade would be Diggs to Wash. for Trent Williams and a pick.
Post #: 153
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/16/2020 4:01:36 PM   
Ragnarök

In an alternate universe...

Spiels calls up Diggsy and asks him if he would rethink his stance on wanting out if he knew behind scenes a deal was in works to send Kirk Cousins to SF in trade for pick and Tom Brady was in town looking at houses near St Cloud where he spent much time in his youth with all his MN relatives...
Post #: 154
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/16/2020 4:04:26 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

I would enjoy the sound of that, and now that SF traded Buckner to Colts for their first round pick they have the ammo to tempt us since reuniting with Shanny wont happen next year for Cousins as speculated all along in SF because of the extention.

Could get interesting... But more likely they extend our HC and GM and its biz as usual and they move on from habitual problem child Diggs...

Does Garappolo have a no-trade clause? 3-way trade w/ 49ers & NE sending us a bag of footballs would be good enough for me. I've seen more than enough. Best realistic trade would be Diggs to Wash. for Trent Williams and a pick.

In a year with a deep WR draft Diggs is not worth that much.

Diggs Straight up for Williams would be ok with me. but then we have to invest in a WR in the Draft. And ol Ricky's been really good at finding busts

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 155
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/16/2020 4:05:22 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

Spiels calls up Diggsy and asks him if he would rethink his stance on wanting out if he knew behind scenes a deal was in works to send Kirk Cousins to SF in trade for pick and Tom Brady was in town looking at houses near St Cloud where he spent much time in his youth with all his MN relatives...

How much does Tom have left; how much does Brees have left; how much does Rivers have left?
3 questions that many want the answer to.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 156
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/16/2020 4:07:33 PM   
Ragnarök

Agreed the most sense in a trade would involve sending Diggs to his desired Skins destination in some kind of trade for unhappy OL Williams...

Sticking point would be Williams contract as he is very high on his perceived value at moment even though he hasnt played in couple years because of injury/ hold out.
Post #: 157
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/16/2020 4:14:30 PM   
Ragnarök

How much does Tom have left; how much does Brees have left; how much does Rivers have left?

Same Q was asked about Favre... heart and experience goes a long ways... Would have taken us to a SB if not for refs bogus non calls and blatent BS allowing for the beating Favre took by the Saints...
Post #: 158
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/16/2020 4:23:38 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

Same Q was asked about Favre... heart and experience goes a long ways... Would have taken us to a SB if not for refs bogus non calls and blatent BS allowing for the beating Favre took by the Saints...

I would take Teddy over all three....wasn't he undefeated for the Saints last year? Knee should be good to go now.

SF should be after Teddy but they have the Jimmy G contract.

Post #: 159
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/16/2020 4:31:53 PM   
Bruce Johnson

We don't benefit from trading Diggs. He is worth more to our team than we would receive in a trade. I hope it doesn't happen.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 160
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/16/2020 4:59:56 PM   
Ragnarök

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/16/browns-sign-case-keenum

Case Keenum and the Browns have agreed to a three-year, $18 million contract with $10 million guaranteed, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.

Browns will make Keenum one of the league’s highest-paid backups, and they’ll connect him with Browns head coach Kevin Stefanski, who was Keenum’s position coach during the best season of his career in Minnesota.
Post #: 161
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/16/2020 5:11:37 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

Captain Kirk is better than the three of them put together.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 162
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/16/2020 5:13:25 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

Favre was horrible for the Jets the year before we got him and horrible for us in his second year. He pulled one more excellent season out of his ass the first year here.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 163
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/16/2020 5:14:20 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

I would take Teddy over all three....wasn't he undefeated for the Saints last year? Knee should be good to go now.

SF should be after Teddy but they have the Jimmy G contract.

I would take Kirk over Teddy without a seconds hesitation.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 164
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/16/2020 5:35:12 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

We don't benefit from trading Diggs. He is worth more to our team than we would receive in a trade. I hope it doesn't happen.

Diggs for Thuney or Scherff
Post #: 165
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/16/2020 5:44:06 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Texts like those today from the drama queen have to hurt team unity. I'd trade his ass for a used AMC Pacer and a drama queen to be named later.

Please god don't draft his brother.
Post #: 166
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/16/2020 6:33:14 PM   
Arlowe84

I love Diggs. Said it the day he was drafted he was a steal
But they really need to just trade him. He hates Cousins
Everyone on the team see this, and doesn’t add to team unity
If you can get a good online guy for him I’d do it in a heartbeat
Star WRs are very expendable
Post #: 167
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/16/2020 6:56:45 PM   
Ragnarök

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arlowe84

Yep, that Kirk Cousins signing will sure pay such great dividends toward the future of the Vikings...

First year it was he and Thielen were not on same page and at odds, culminating in screaming matches on sidelines... last year it was Rudy was frustrated with Kirk and his role before season started, looked like Rudy would be gone... Then morphed into full blown discourse with Diggs to point now our perceived diva best receiver wants out of town at all costs since they extended KFC...

What do Kirks main receiving weapons all have against him?

< Message edited by Ragnarök -- 3/16/2020 6:58:13 PM >
Post #: 168
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/16/2020 7:22:23 PM   
Phil Riewer

Did you look at how many times the offense threw to Thielen and Diggs early in 2019 vs 2018 and 2017? Diggs had a problem with the 51% run offense versus the 65% offense the prior two years. This has way more to do with the offense than Kirk.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 3/16/2020 7:23:46 PM >

Post #: 169
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/16/2020 7:22:26 PM   
Ragnarök

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/16/bears-sign-jimmy-graham/
Post #: 170
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/16/2020 7:23:27 PM   
Arlowe84

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arlowe84

Yep, that Kirk Cousins signing will sure pay such great dividends toward the future of the Vikings...

First year it was he and Thielen were not on same page and at odds, culminating in screaming matches on sidelines... last year it was Rudy was frustrated with Kirk and his role before season started, looked like Rudy would be gone... Then morphed into full blown discourse with Diggs to point now our perceived diva best receiver wants out of town at all costs since they extended KFC...

What do Kirks main receiving weapons all have against him?

I think they know when they need him the most he’ll fail
Post #: 171
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/16/2020 7:35:06 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I won't say who this is from. Just it's more entertainment.

BREAKING: Details have been finalized between the Vikings and Falcons in two-team mega trade. Minnesota sending Stefon Diggs, Dalvin Cook and 2020 fourth rounder to Atlanta for Julio Jones, Ito Smith Jr and the Falcons’ 2020 first round draft pick. More to come. #NFL

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 172
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/16/2020 7:39:25 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

BREAKING: Details have been finalized between the Vikings and Falcons in two-team mega trade. Minnesota sending Stefon Diggs, Dalvin Cook and 2020 fourth rounder to Atlanta for Julio Jones, Ito Smith Jr and the Falcons’ 2020 first round draft pick. More to come. #NFL

I would be so against it....Julio is 4 years older and so much more injured. That is before adding Cook to the deal.

Post #: 173
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/16/2020 7:40:40 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

SF dline is not so scary now. Buckner is an animal.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 174
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/16/2020 7:48:02 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

Who is Ito Smith jr?

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode