Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/16/2020 10:12:23 PM   
Bill Jandro

Fire Rick

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 201
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/16/2020 10:13:04 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arlowe84

This makes the team immediately worse.
Trader Rick taking a big gamble
Needs to rebuild secondary, oline, dline and now WR
Wow this could be a loooong year

Bisi and Thielen.....not bare. Tons of picks to fill holes too...Hollins looked good against Chicago too....

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 3/16/2020 10:14:14 PM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 202
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/16/2020 10:17:36 PM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

Vikings Trade WR Stefon Diggs To Bills
March 16th, 2020 at 9:37pm CST by Ben Levine
This is breaking news. Please refresh for updates.

We’ve got our second major wide receiver trade of the day. Fox Sports’ Jay Glazer reports (via Twitter) that the Vikings are trading star wideout Stefon Diggs to the Bills. ESPN’s Adam Schefter has full details on the swap (Twitter link):

To Minnesota: 2020 1st-round pick, 2020 5th-round pick, 2020 6th-round pick, 2021 4th-round pick
To Buffalo: Diggs, 2020 7th-round pick

I will always appreciate Diggs for his part in the Minneapolis Miracle. My mom was on her death bed at the time (cancer) and that was the one time in the months before or after that I was able to feel a moment of elation. My daughter and I shared a moment I might never forget when that came was coming to an end.

Diggs is obviously talented. But I think his estimation of his talent far exceeds it. He's a me-first prima dona that we don't need on the team. Unfortunately his absence will create an big hole in an already undermanned WR room.

I'd like the deal a lot better if Buffalo was higher in the draft than they are. Need some nice moves with the assets. Could be great picks, but a trade to give picks for ready to play assets would be the best move for a win now squad. Maybe with KC signed for longer they won't throw all their chips in now, but

WR's, DE's, OL's, CB's, DT's are all areas of significant need. Along with backup QB.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 203
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/16/2020 10:17:36 PM   
beo

Bummed... I really loved watching Diggs play.

But, I'm relieved they got decent compensation... I thought after the Hopkins deal we could get fleeced as well.

Lotta picks... but history has shown that doesn't necessarily pay off... I'm thinking of the Cordarrelle, Harry, Shariff in the first round draft.
Then again.... you hit on a draft like this and it can propel you.

Picks
Round 1
Round 1
Round 2
Round 3
Round 3
Round 4
Round 5
Round 6
Round 6
Round 7
Round 7
Round 7
Post #: 204
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/16/2020 10:22:14 PM   
Phil Riewer

The thing to remember is that players like Tyler Johnson are dropping to the 3rd round....1st - high 2nd round WRs normally.....perfect year to do this.

Bisi, Thielen, Hollins, and Irv can pick up the slack.

Post #: 205
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/16/2020 10:24:46 PM   
Arlowe84

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

Bisi and Thielen.....not bare. Tons of picks to fill holes too...Hollins looked good against Chicago too....

Thielen I agree. Bisi meh, just a body
Without a proven 2, Thielen will see a lot of attention
Post #: 206
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/16/2020 10:25:35 PM   
beo

2015 Draft
1st - Trae Waynes
2nd - Eric Kendricks
3rd - Danielle Hunter
5th- Stefon Diggs
UDFA - Anthony Harris
UDFA - Justin Coleman

Need a draft like that!
Post #: 207
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/16/2020 10:25:43 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

You do realize he was a rookie and produced in Thielen's place when needed? Lots of talent on this team...

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 3/16/2020 10:26:51 PM >

Post #: 208
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/16/2020 10:26:42 PM   
Dave Odle

I'm good w/ it. Was really getting tired of his mouth. Plus, he was kind of hit and miss and we obviously chose Cousins over him. I don't know how I feel about extending Cousins, but Diggs and his antics were wearing thin. It's not like his talent was Moss level to put up w/ that crap.

Try using hindsight in the present.
Post #: 209
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/16/2020 10:31:20 PM   
Arlowe84

I’d take a look at Robby Anderson.
Only 25 but in a bad spot with NY
Would be a nice field stretcher opposite Thielen
He would fit well with Cousins deep ball
Demarcus Robinson a very intruiging high upside guy too
Post #: 210
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/16/2020 10:37:50 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

I’d take a look at Robby Anderson.
Only 25 but in a bad spot with NY
Would be a nice field stretcher opposite Thielen
He would fit well with Cousins deep ball
Demarcus Robinson a very intruiging high upside guy too

Robby Anderson has too many personal issues to list.

Post #: 211
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/16/2020 10:38:34 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

quote:

That is a great haul for Diggs.

A fifth round pick remember

Would have rather had players. Picks are risky.

In time it could look really bad or really good depending on the success of the picks. One good thing is that it helps the team get younger. There will be a number of younger players coming to our team as a result. I was saying that I didn't want to trade Diggs, but I didn't think we would do this well. I'm happy, now.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 212
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/16/2020 10:42:41 PM   
Arlowe84

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You do realize he was a rookie and produced in Thielen's place when needed? Lots of talent on this team...

I watched him. He was a body out there. Nothing more
More excited about Irv Smith
Post #: 213
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/16/2020 10:44:41 PM   
Bruce Johnson

The Vikings, who ended Monday seven million under the cap after making a bevy of moves, will incur $9 million in dead money but save $5.5 million against the cap with the trade.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28914153/source-bills-acquire-wr-stefon-diggs-vikings-4-draft-picks

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 214
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/16/2020 10:54:16 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

Bummed... I really loved watching Diggs play.

But, I'm relieved they got decent compensation... I thought after the Hopkins deal we could get fleeced as well.

Lotta picks... but history has shown that doesn't necessarily pay off... I'm thinking of the Cordarrelle, Harry, Shariff in the first round draft.
Then again.... you hit on a draft like this and it can propel you.

Picks
Round 1
Round 1
Round 2
Round 3
Round 3
Round 4
Round 5
Round 6
Round 6
Round 7
Round 7
Round 7

Lots of franchised guys out there that can be had for a 1st Rounder+.

#22 Ruggs
#25 Traded for Thuney
2) BPA Defense
3) BPA Defense
3) BPA Defense
4-7 BPA

Probably another 6th rounder to NE.

FA WR like E. Sanders wouldn't hurt.

< Message edited by Mark Anderson -- 3/16/2020 10:56:31 PM >
Post #: 215
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/16/2020 10:56:45 PM   
Ragnarök

Diggs was just going to be a major distraction in our new look offense with Kubiak at helm...

Back to the future will be or mantra again and we will stick even more to the RUN RUN short dump PASS type offense that the HC desires.

Diggs was an expensive miscast square peg in round hole for our ground pounding attack that brings back days of future past...

Our elite D will keep scores close and our O will control time of possession with a mastermind at clock management to have us in every game right to the end...

< Message edited by Ragnarök -- 3/16/2020 11:03:38 PM >
Post #: 216
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/16/2020 10:58:18 PM   
Bruce Johnson

We will always remember this.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1239748839667642368

Post #: 217
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/16/2020 11:00:23 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ragnarök

Diggs was just going to be a major distraction in our new look offense with Kubiak at helm...

Back to the future will be or mantra again and we will stick even more to the RUN RUN short dump PASS type offense that the HC desires.

Diggs was an expensive miscast square peg in round hole for our ground pounding attack that brings back days of future past...

Our elite D will keep scores close and our O will control time of possession with a mastermind at clock management to have us in every game right to the end...

We have to parlay this trade into a stud vet Olineman.
Post #: 218
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/16/2020 11:02:26 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

With our salary cap situation, wouldn't it be cheaper to draft an offensive lineman in the first round?

Post #: 219
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/16/2020 11:04:43 PM   
Ragnarök

quote:

quote:

No need for an elite OL, Kirk will be the ultimate game manager QB handing off the ball 50 plus percent of the time while perfecting his no look dump off passes to the flat for a goodly portion of rest. Thielen will run a few routes just to keep the D honest...

Sure glad we got that CJ Ham deal done, he will be key again in an attack that Diggs would have been just an expensive decoy goodly part of time...
Post #: 220
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/16/2020 11:05:40 PM   
David F.

https://www.vikings.com/photos/100-best-photos-of-the-minneapolis-miracle-20266649#3425e117-006e-40c9-a7ef-382ef164fb85

Look about 40% of the way up from the bottom of the left upright on the goalpost and you'll see a small white rectangle. That's a sign my wife made and it says Bring It Home!. She's holding it and I'm standing three people over to the right. We still have that sign and it will be a memento of the greatest game I've ever been at - even better than Favre to Lewis.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 221
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/16/2020 11:07:37 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

quote:

quote:

With our salary cap situation, wouldn't it be cheaper to draft an offensive lineman in the first round?

Yes.

But, do you want proven or Matt Kalil, Elfy, etc...?
Post #: 222
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/16/2020 11:10:00 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

No need for an elite OL, Kirk will be the ultimate game manager QB handing off the ball 50 plus percent of the time while perfecting his no look dump off passes to the flat for a goodly portion of rest. Thielen will run a few routes just to keep the D honest...

Sure glad we got that CJ Ham deal done, he will be key again in an attack that Diggs would have been just an expensive decoy goodly part of time...

Kubiak won a SB and will not be swayed by Zimmer.

OLine needs to be solidified.
Post #: 223
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/16/2020 11:14:28 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

quote:

quote:

Yes.

But, do you want proven or Matt Kalil, Elfy, etc...?

If we had the money I'd take the veteran, but the financial difference is huge. The benefit lasts for four years.

Post #: 224
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/16/2020 11:20:37 PM   
Ragnarök

Kubiak SB win was not on the strengths of Kubiak system, sorry... They were last desperation play of an againg QB in Manning who was his own HC on the field... As well as stellar D play that allowed for much of the O struggles to be masked by keeping games close.

The follwing year without Manning and slipping D play the bottom fell out for Kubiak...

Under Kubiak, the Broncos installed a run-oriented offense with zone blocking to blend in with quarterback Peyton Manning's shotgun passing style, but struggled with numerous changes and injuries to the offensive line. In addition, the 39-year-old Manning had his worst statistical season since his rookie year due to a plantar fasciitis injury in his heel that he had suffered since the summer. Despite the offensive struggles, the Broncos were carried by their defense led by defensive coordinator Wade Phillips, who replaced his predecessor's complicated read-and-react 4-3 scheme with a simple aggressive 3-4 approach of attacking the ball, the Broncos' defense ranked No.1 in total yards allowed, passing yards allowed and sacks, and like the previous three seasons, the team continued to set numerous individual, league and franchise records. Though the team had a 7–0 start, Manning led the NFL in interceptions. In Week 10, Manning suffered a partial tear of the plantar fascia in his left foot. He set the NFL's all-time record for career passing yards in this game, but after throwing four interceptions, Kubiak benched Manning favor of backup quarterback Brock Osweiler, who took over as the starter for most of the remainder of the regular season. During the Week 17 regular season finale, however, where the Broncos were losing by a score of 13–7 against the 4–11 San Diego Chargers, Kubiak benched Osweiler and Manning re-claimed the starting quarterback position for the playoffs by leading the team to a key 27–20 win that enabled the team finish the 2015 regular season with a 12-4 record, winning the AFC West and securing the number one playoff seed in the AFC

< Message edited by Ragnarök -- 3/16/2020 11:21:37 PM >
Post #: 225
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode