Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Covid 19 and those infected

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Covid 19 and those infected Page: <<   < prev  54 55 56 57 [58]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 1/1/2021 10:23:03 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

The next stimulus should only be given to those that get vaccine. That incentive will push a few more to get it and every person that gets it helps.

So were months away from having enough vaccines for everyone. The youngest generally will be the last to get it, yet young adults are probably most affected by the shutdowns financially.

The vaccine is designed to help people live, not to help earn a paycheck.

In the real world, you need a paycheck to live.

Not necessarily.

If I had a time machine I'd stop the Kennedy assassination - just after I stopped the Moss trade.
Post #: 1426
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 1/1/2021 10:25:15 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The next stimulus should only be given to those that get vaccine. That incentive will push a few more to get it and every person that gets it helps.

So were months away from having enough vaccines for everyone. The youngest generally will be the last to get it, yet young adults are probably most affected by the shutdowns financially.

Not necessarily.

It helps. Homeless life span lower than people with a roof over their head.
Post #: 1427
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 1/1/2021 11:35:45 AM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Not necessarily.

It helps. Homeless life span lower than people with a roof over their head.

Typically the homeless have problems like untreated mental illness and/or drug/alcohol addictions among countless other things aligned against them that make earning a paycheck unmanageable. I know I'm not going to hire them anyway.

If I had a time machine I'd stop the Kennedy assassination - just after I stopped the Moss trade.
Post #: 1428
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 1/1/2021 5:24:36 PM  1 votes
unome

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

quote:

ORIGINAL: unome

quote:

Why?

Until we have more vaccines than willing recipients, just vaccinate the willing. We are still a few months away, if we are lucky, from vaccinating all the people that really need the vaccine because they have conditions or age that makes them more vulnerable or jobs that require public interaction.

I have no problem getting the vaccine, but I probably won't. Why?

Because once you vaccinate everyone older than me (50 and up), people with health conditions, people that work in the public (I would much rather have a 24 year old teacher get the vaccine before me) and people that are younger than me, but scared silly about the virus (like my poor, sweet sister-in-law), there should be enough herd immunity to make getting the vaccine fairly useless at that point.

If they start looking around for people to get the vaccine because everyone else that wanted it got it, and there is still COVID cases in any significant level in population, I will get the vaccine, but I will wait until then.

I do not plan on going down with the ship, but I do want to make sure everyone that wants a seat on the lifeboat has one first.

Waiting could, in this case, be a fatal decision. I'd say it's up to you, but honestly, your delay in getting the vaccination could end up killing OTHER people as you spread the virus around.

I don't think you understood my point. My 'delay' would never kill other people because I am saying that someone else should get the vaccine first. The net effect would be just as much population protection or probably more if the person that gets the vaccine instead of me works in the public.

If everyone had a vaccination waiting for them and all they had to do was show up, I would go, but that is not how it works.

And your first part that it could be a fatal decision is true, but also why others should get it first. As I wrote, my sister-in-law and others are absolutely terrified and I have a somewhat utilitarian moral code that it would advance the greater good for the people psychologically damaged by fear to get the vaccine than I would as I do not have that fear.

And not having fear does not mean I engage in risky activities either. I wear masks, socially distance, do not do unneeded activities. But there is a Chris Tomlin song that is called "For Whom Shall I Fear" and that is kind of how I live my life.
Post #: 1429
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 1/1/2021 10:48:29 PM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Shouldn't the people currently infected with the virus be vaccinated first?

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 1430
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 1/2/2021 7:26:31 AM   
ronhextall

Vaccinating the homeless is going to be a challenge. My only thought is vaccinate at the shelters for a period of time. Perhaps a cash payment to give them incentive.

My only thought is this...once the vaccine is offered to everybody it’s time to open everything up. I don’t care if you get the vaccine or not. An “offer” in my mid is the same as getting it.

I also think it’s fair if business and schools require the vaccine.
Post #: 1431
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 1/2/2021 12:07:18 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

Vaccinating the homeless is going to be a challenge. My only thought is vaccinate at the shelters for a period of time. Perhaps a cash payment to give them incentive.

My only thought is this...once the vaccine is offered to everybody it’s time to open everything up. I don’t care if you get the vaccine or not. An “offer” in my mid is the same as getting it.

I also think it’s fair if business and schools require the vaccine.

Cash payment?

Agreed on opening things up once there is a period of no lines, no new takers, etc. But at the slow vaccination rate to date, the vaccine will probably wear off on those vaccinated early - and unfortunately nobody knows when that is - before everyone has had a chance to get vaccinated.

Beyond various lists, or levels of government with NO lists, there is no plan and no resources. With all the ineptitude, my guess is by about Feb the vaccine will be opened up to everyone on a first come, first served basis regardless of age, disorders, type of job, etc. And there will be massive, slow-moving lines.

Look at the fiascos and long lines of cars that ensue when a traffic light goes out at a major intersection. In the case of vaccinations, there will not be a policeman arriving on scene to direct traffic and speed things up.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 1/2/2021 12:08:49 PM >
Post #: 1432
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 1/2/2021 12:15:29 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

quote:

Hey, now...

Lots of good people on both sides, here..

Snowflakes have to land somewhere, and when they dump en-mass.. you get a blizzard and a newsworthy ignoring of global warming..

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1433
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 1/2/2021 12:17:59 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Ffs you could set up a vaccine station at all fast food joints, gas stations and Walmart’s, problem of distribution solved...

That would easily reach 70% of the ”herd”.

Moooooooove it along....

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1434
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 1/2/2021 12:29:17 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

quote:

Hey, now...

Lots of good people on both sides, here..

Snowflakes have to land somewhere, and when they dump en-mass.. you get a blizzard and a newsworthy ignoring of global warming..

In Jandro's defense, he repeatedly makes the same good points about Spielman neglecting the OL.
Post #: 1435
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 1/4/2021 4:08:20 PM   
Steve Lentz

NFL didn't miss a game this year. That is impressive.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 1436
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 1/4/2021 4:12:57 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Lentz

NFL didn't miss a game this year. That is impressive.

One was delayed almost a week.

And the team that caused it ...

didn't get punished like the Broncos did when they had to start a practice squad WR at QB one week.

Seriously?

"All things can be understood once they are discovered; the point is to discover them." Gallileo Gallilei
Post #: 1437
Page:   <<   < prev  54 55 56 57 [58]
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Covid 19 and those infected Page: <<   < prev  54 55 56 57 [58]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode