Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Covid 19 and those infected

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Covid 19 and those infected Page: <<   < prev  58 59 [60] 61 62   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 2/11/2021 10:51:09 AM  1 votes
Phil Riewer

I have yet to see a Senator or Rep go to a podium and say they will raise their own taxes, cut their own pay, and impose a wealth tax on themselves. They run up to the podium and talk about the rich that are richer than them.....and still do nothing about it.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 1476
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 2/11/2021 10:57:24 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

I have yet to see a Senator or Rep go to a podium and say they will raise their own taxes, cut their own pay, and impose a wealth tax on themselves. They run up to the podium and talk about the rich that are richer than them.....and still do nothing about it.

Funny how that works.
Post #: 1477
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 2/11/2021 11:00:05 AM   
Mark Anderson

Gun Control Bill HR 127 is pretty interesting.

I know plenty of Dems who are avid hunters and gun collectors. Hopefully they see what some of these radicals are up to.
Post #: 1478
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 2/11/2021 11:04:38 AM  2 votes
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: unome

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

quote:

You assumed I didn’t understand economics. You could have just said ‘it’s to complex to suspend the changing hands of money temporarily’ and then I would have disagreed and said we very easily could so long as the top 1% of the wealthy were made to slow down or suspend their wealth accumulation and risk it that the majority of Americans didn’t decide they liked a resource based economy better than the existing capilism.

I read what you wrote. And I know you do not understand economics and finance. Or capitalism. Most people don't so it is hardly something to feel defensive about. When you cannot express a one sentence macroeconomic opinion without talking about the top 1%, I know that you are a political guy and not a finance guy.

There is a reason why Clinton and Obama did not change too much about the economic structure that JFK favored, Reagan set up and Clinton refined: it largely works.

The reality is that if we have a great economy that and the 99% are doing well, the top 1% will do great. If the top 1% are struggling, the 99% will be struggling, but moreso. JFK said: "a rising tide raises all ships".

You could confiscate all the wealth of top 1% and it would not lead us into national prosperity and, while looking at other people's success and being resentful is a very common human trait, that is no way to discern good economic policy.

I am sorry if that was too many words. It is hard to talk about macroeconomics and finance and keep it to a Twitter post or two.

Just look at all the positivity oozing from this post. I'd almost say that your tone has been most decidedly NOT positive from the get-go, then you made one quasi-positive post and expected the entire board to pivot with you, but... you know me!

Your need to control the narrative and control even the reactions of other posters is mind-blowing to me. Your need for approval and praise is unhealthy to say the least. But again, you know me.

You think I come on here for praise and approval?

When you look at the responses I typically get, do you really think that would make sense?

Honestly, I would have already left this site if I did not get PMs from people encouraging me. I still want to leave to be honest.

I could go years in the real world and not have as many people taking swipes at me that I have gotten in a day or two on here. Does that make me a snowflake or just a person that does not want to use limited precious free time to deal with people being ugly? Why would ANYONE want to use their free time doing this?

And if I was posting about how the party was awesome or this party stinks, I would expect the heat.

However, my posts on COVID have been very non-partisan. Outside of some foolish Republicans resisting mask mandates and some autocratic Democrats being a bit too excited about shutdowns, this is really not a partisan issue.

I don't care about your PMs or conversations in real life. Your posts here have been consistently arrogant and negative. Even in this most recent post of yours do you realize you are mansplaining to everyone why your posts are of such quality? Guess what? You don't get to control the reactions and opinions of the other posters no matter how insightful you believe you are.

Do I think you come on here for praise and approval? Yes.

P.S. Hate to break it to you but EVERYONE gets encouraging PMs - even dumb old me that according to you doesn't understand economics, finance, capitalism and whatever else you might have mentioned in one of your many lengthy posts you chose to bestow upon the board with your limited precious free time.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1479
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 2/11/2021 11:27:18 AM  2 votes
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You assumed I didn’t understand economics. You could have just said ‘it’s to complex to suspend the changing hands of money temporarily’ and then I would have disagreed and said we very easily could so long as the top 1% of the wealthy were made to slow down or suspend their wealth accumulation and risk it that the majority of Americans didn’t decide they liked a resource based economy better than the existing capilism.

I read what you wrote. And I know you do not understand economics and finance. Or capitalism. Most people don't so it is hardly something to feel defensive about. When you cannot express a one sentence macroeconomic opinion without talking about the top 1%, I know that you are a political guy and not a finance guy.

There is a reason why Clinton and Obama did not change too much about the economic structure that JFK favored, Reagan set up and Clinton refined: it largely works.

The reality is that if we have a great economy that and the 99% are doing well, the top 1% will do great. If the top 1% are struggling, the 99% will be struggling, but moreso. JFK said: "a rising tide raises all ships".

You could confiscate all the wealth of top 1% and it would not lead us into national prosperity and, while looking at other people's success and being resentful is a very common human trait, that is no way to discern good economic policy.

I am sorry if that was too many words. It is hard to talk about macroeconomics and finance and keep it to a Twitter post or two.

Just look at all the positivity oozing from this post. I'd almost say that your tone has been most decidedly NOT positive from the get-go, then you made one quasi-positive post and expected the entire board to pivot with you, but... you know me!

Your need to control the narrative and control even the reactions of other posters is mind-blowing to me. Your need for approval and praise is unhealthy to say the least. But again, you know me.

When you look at the responses I typically get, do you really think that would make sense?

Honestly, I would have already left this site if I did not get PMs from people encouraging me. I still want to leave to be honest.

I could go years in the real world and not have as many people taking swipes at me that I have gotten in a day or two on here. Does that make me a snowflake or just a person that does not want to use limited precious free time to deal with people being ugly? Why would ANYONE want to use their free time doing this?

And if I was posting about how the party was awesome or this party stinks, I would expect the heat.

However, my posts on COVID have been very non-partisan. Outside of some foolish Republicans resisting mask mandates and some autocratic Democrats being a bit too excited about shutdowns, this is really not a partisan issue.

I don't care about your PMs or conversations in real life. Your posts here have been consistently arrogant and negative. Even in this most recent post of yours do you realize you are mansplaining to everyone why your posts are of such quality? Guess what? You don't get to control the reactions and opinions of the other posters no matter how insightful you believe you are.

P.S. Hate to break it to you but EVERYONE gets encouraging PMs - even dumb old me that according to you doesn't understand economics, finance, capitalism and whatever else you might have mentioned in one of your many lengthy posts you chose to bestow upon the board with your limited precious free time.

Your post seems snowflakish IMO Dave.....?

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 1480
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 2/11/2021 11:59:11 AM  2 votes
unome

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I did not mean to imply that I was the only person that gets positive PMs if that is how you took it. Although, IMO your P.S. statement just shows a desperate need to cut me down any way you could. Apparently, you think I need it.

As for the rest of it, I guess if you cannot see that some of my responses that you consider negative and arrogant are as much of about how people are treating me than about how I treat other people, then I think we can agree that we will never agree. Take the above post where you claim I was being negative. This was after a post where you dismissed what I wrote with a comment about how it was "too many words". As if a paucity of words is a good way to try and describe complex economic concepts.

I would think if I wanted praise that I would be thrilled to post under my real name, but when people attack unome, it is not really as big of a deal. Snowflake protection and all. Conversely, this would also limit any praise value though too, wouldn't it? No one that really knows who I am will ever praise me here. And that is OK by me.

All this is rather silly though as you have still not posted any ideas on COVID, but rather just ideas about me. I value insightful posts, even those that argue against my points, but attacking me and offering no value in the rebuttal? I may react to that with attitudes that are seemingly negative and arrogant, but that is because I make an effort to try and explain my ideas and it is hard to act respectful of some of the ugly and simple one sentence dismissive responses that I get in return.

If you think I am wrong on anything I write, just explain why you think and make good arguments. They do not even have to be arguments that I will find good. Make ones that you find to be good. If I wanted to live in an echo chamber, I would certainly avoid these threads.
Post #: 1481
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 2/11/2021 12:09:31 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I did not mean to imply that I was the only person that gets positive PMs if that is how you took it. Although, IMO your P.S. statement just shows a desperate need to cut me down any way you could. Apparently, you think I need it.

As for the rest of it, I guess if you cannot see that some of my responses that you consider negative and arrogant are as much of about how people are treating me than about how I treat other people, then I think we can agree that we will never agree. Take the above post where you claim I was being negative. This was after a post where you dismissed what I wrote with a comment about how it was "too many words". As if a paucity of words is a good way to try and describe complex economic concepts.

I would think if I wanted praise that I would be thrilled to post under my real name, but when people attack unome, it is not really as big of a deal. Snowflake protection and all. Conversely, this would also limit any praise value though too, wouldn't it? No one that really knows who I am will ever praise me here. And that is OK by me.

All this is rather silly though as you have still not posted any ideas on COVID, but rather just ideas about me. I value insightful posts, even those that argue against my points, but attacking me and offering no value in the rebuttal? I may react to that with attitudes that are seemingly negative and arrogant, but that is because I make an effort to try and explain my ideas and it is hard to act respectful of some of the ugly and simple one sentence dismissive responses that I get in return.

If you think I am wrong on anything I write, just explain why you think and make good arguments. They do not even have to be arguments that I will find good. Make ones that you find to be good. If I wanted to live in an echo chamber, I would certainly avoid these threads.

Maybe go back and read a bit. I'll assume you are simply mistaken and not being dishonest.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1482
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 2/11/2021 12:11:28 PM   
David F.

quote:

Your post seems snowflakish IMO Dave.....?

I'm the snowflakiest libtard that ever snowflaked.

Post #: 1483
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 2/11/2021 12:31:56 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

Funny how that works.

Actually, I have seen many do that. In general, they get shot down because they don't control both houses and the executive branch at the same time. Pretty weak argument.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 1484
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 2/11/2021 12:48:23 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

I wasn't even thinking about the crowds. I was thinking about the players and putting THEM at risk.

And I agree that we ALL need to return to normal. I just disagree on how soon we should be pushing that envelope.

I have always thought that the elderly and those with pre-existing conditions should bunker down.

The harm to the rest of society is too great for the lockdowns. I'm sure the case has been made here how great the harm is. Meanwhile, we can see that a lot of athletes got Covid. How many of them got seriously sick? How many died? It's not because they are athletes. It's because they are young and healthy.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 1485
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 2/11/2021 1:17:32 PM   
jbusse

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

quote:

Funny how that works.

Actually, I have seen many do that. In general, they get shot down because they don't control both houses and the executive branch at the same time. Pretty weak argument.

I'm curious, who has done that?
Post #: 1486
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 2/11/2021 1:28:12 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbusse

quote:

quote:

quote:

Funny how that works.

I believe him. They do it. They know it won't go anywhere. Tell voters back home, I tried but the other party was against me. Send me more money and I'll keep trying.

10-20% approval rate for these guys. Term limits are an impossible dream. Travel in luxury. Eat in luxury. Make impossible promises every 4 to 6 years.

Seemingly good people get corrupted pretty easy after they get to Washington.

< Message edited by Mark Anderson -- 2/11/2021 1:36:02 PM >
Post #: 1487
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 2/11/2021 1:35:57 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Funny how that works.

I believe him. They do it. They know it won't go anywhere. Tell voters back home, I tried but the other party was against me.

John Kerry in 2004 promised to raise his own taxes, but not raise them on the middle class.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 1488
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 2/11/2021 1:39:03 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Funny how that works.

I believe him. They do it. They know it won't go anywhere. Tell voters back home, I tried but the other party was against me.

John Kerry in 2004 promised to raise his own taxes, but not raise them on the middle class.

When you marry a ketchup queen, what's a few extra bucks in taxes.
Post #: 1489
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 2/11/2021 1:49:04 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Funny how that works.

When you marry a ketchup queen, what's a few extra bucks in taxes.

He is pretty wealthy in own right. His mother came from the Massachusetts Forbes extended family, which is lo-o-o-o-o-o-aded. John inherited from at least 4 family trust funds. He made his fortune the old fashioned way...he inherited it. But, yeah being married to an heiress of the Heinze family didn't hurt.

Post #: 1490
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 2/11/2021 4:35:40 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You have issues. Of course condescending. The aforementioned need to control aspect. Anal retentiveness. BTW, the numerous contradictions in that post alone show how hypocritic you are.

With the amount of personal pronouns in that post, perhaps it's simply about seeking attention even with negative strokes.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 2/11/2021 4:40:31 PM >
Post #: 1491
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 2/11/2021 7:45:50 PM  1 votes
unome

That was a pretty mean-spirited post, Bill, but I think your comments say way more about you than they do about me. Well, they do show a clear hatred of me, but that is on you and not me.

I literally came on here posting about how COVID was going down and how it was exciting and I have been attacked in a pretty ugly way. I cannot even explain the attacks except that political discourse in this country has been completely Trumpified.

Do not want to discuss issues? Just try and crush the messenger. It was ugly when Trump did it, but it is not any prettier when others do it.

The strange thing is that I do not think my message about COVID was at all controversial. It certainly was not mean-spirited, quite the opposite.
Post #: 1492
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 2/11/2021 8:15:26 PM  1 votes
David F.

quote:

quote:

I don't understand the concept of a quarantine 'shutting down the economy' or 'the solution being worse than the problem'. It seems to me that the supply of food, water, energy, people, and natural resources is a constant. The only thing that changes in a quarantine is how, where, and at what rate money changes hands. Money is a man-made concept that theoretically should be able to be suspended for a short period of time for the health and safety of the people. Capitalism and a capitalist health care system doesn't seem to be able to handle a pandemic like this. It could be suspended for a short period of time until we have this thing licked.

Not be be mean, but you could have just stopped at "I don't understand". The economy is something so complex and vast that you could have a PHD in Finance or Macroeconomics and still only know so much.

Right off the bat, the supply of almost everything is NOT a constant. Farmers will grow more of this food or that food if the prices are right. Marginal land will be planted if the prices are high and lay fallow or used for cattle feed if prices are lower. We saw just this year that pig farmers actually killed baby pigs because the prices were too low to raise them and make money doing so.

If there is a greater demand for water, prices rise and more expensive ways of getting water, like desalinization, become economically viable.

Same with energy. Cost of energy goes up and solar panels become more viable. Building a new nuclear plant, or oil field or wind farm becomes more viable.

People will want more money if the demand goes up for labor and also if costs go up.

Health care is trickier because if the only way to save yourself or your loved one, you want to pay any price. Government certainly has to be involved in a more substantial way in health care because supply and demand are not going to work as well since supply can be controlled by patents and demand is almost completely price inelastic for life-saving drugs and services. Inelastic meaning that you would pay almost any price, but you also would not buy more if they were cheap because you only need one heart surgery if that is all you need. You are not having another one because of a BOGO sale!

The damage that shutting down the economy does is huge, but every business is different. The easy ones to see is how quarantine harms anyone in the travel or tourism industries. Also, the restaurant and bar business. Events, concerts, etc. This affects the commercial real estate market, the ability for people to pay rent, the ability of landlords to pay mortgages.

You can shut all of this down, and we virtually did, but huge amount of people are employed in these industries. And they take the money they make in profits and wages and spend it in other areas of the economy.

Let's say you shut down 10% of the economy. What will happen? A recession. A huge one. Why? Because you cannot make the economy 10% smaller and not have a smaller pie for everyone to get a piece of.

And the effects are worse than just a lost 10%. So many businesses have fixed costs that cannot be changed so losing 10% of revenue could be the difference of making a decent amount of money or losing a large amount of money. When businesses start losing money that was not planned for, they only have a few options. They can dip into reserves if they have them, but after that they have to reduce expenses. They cannot pay less in rent or mortgage because they could be evicted and they cannot charge more for their products because competition will not let them. So they may have to let some employees go. And this just compounds the overall economic problem.

You just cannot suspend all of these realities because they have bad results during government shutdowns. And, when the government tries to intervene, it normally goes horribly wrong.

The first shutdowns were somewhat necessary to stop the surge and to figure out the full extent of the problem and how to treat it. We are way past the point where that makes any sense in a larger sense. But, there are clearly some areas that are, and should be, still shuttered. Bars and nightclubs. Full stadiums. But even these activities should be seen as a trade off where we are purposefully hurting our economy and people in those industries because the solution is better than the problem created.

But, at some point, in most learned people's opinion, there gets to be a point where the the solution of forced shutdowns is worse than the problem. This is easier to see in economic ventures, but harder to measure in educational ones. Hoiseth sniffs that lives are more important than times tables and this false choice is correct, but pointless. The point is how much damage are we created to our population and country if we teach large percentages of our population less over, say, a whole year, what happens over the long term?

But, there is not a short-term economic effect of not teaching children much for a year. The damage will happen in the future. I guess that is the point with all education, isn't it? In the short-term it is an expense with no immediate return and the benefits are all future based.

You just came in here to be enthusiastic and share good news huh? Do you not recognize how insulting your posts are?

Post #: 1493
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 2/11/2021 8:17:50 PM  1 votes
David F.

quote:

quote:

tl;dr

Too long, didn't read.

And now we know why you don't know. ;)

I tried to explain supply and demands affect on supply, the effect of shutdowns on business, people and the economy as a whole and touch on how this effect is different and harder to measure for educational shutdowns or distance learning. My long post was shorter than a Cliff Notes version of those things. You cannot explain hard and complex things in a paragraph.

Let's just hope the people making these decisions are OK reading longer and more complex ideas or we are in big trouble.

Post #: 1494
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 2/11/2021 8:19:54 PM  1 votes
David F.

quote:

quote:

If I were a snowflake I guess I could have been whining about attacks since last August. But... you know me!

Post #: 1495
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 2/11/2021 11:30:58 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Who in their right mind thinks the economy is doing great and 99% are doing “well”?

Big box stores are doing well.. small businesses are dying all over the map.

Major corporations are riding tax breaks and waiver and exceptions to regulation to record profits.. the guys in the meat packing plants for Tyson, butterball, IBP, hormel and Oscar meyar are dying of Covid like it’s the new normal.

Doctors and pharmaceutical companies are doing really well..

Normal people like me have to budget a restricted income as carefully as possible and buy off brand foods and generic store brand OTC items on sale to make ends meet.

Are you really that far out of touch with children and others who are hitting up food pantries at record rates.. ?

That indicates to me the economy is a shit storm of rich getting richer..

While other are being forced into lower and lower economic standards for simple survival..

HOw far up is consumer debt?

How many thousands of mortgages are in danger of default across businesses and single family dwellings?

C’mon, man..

Seriously, you think Jeff bezo and Elon musk and bill gates “ raise us all up “ financially?

Get real.

And you wonder why people attack your IDIOTIC positions.

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 2/11/2021 11:32:50 PM >

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1496
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 2/12/2021 12:12:14 AM  1 votes
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

Who in their right mind thinks the economy is doing great and 99% are doing “well”?

Big box stores are doing well.. small businesses are dying all over the map.

Major corporations are riding tax breaks and waiver and exceptions to regulation to record profits.. the guys in the meat packing plants for Tyson, butterball, IBP, hormel and Oscar meyar are dying of Covid like it’s the new normal.

Doctors and pharmaceutical companies are doing really well..

Normal people like me have to budget a restricted income as carefully as possible and buy off brand foods and generic store brand OTC items on sale to make ends meet.

Are you really that far out of touch with children and others who are hitting up food pantries at record rates.. ?

That indicates to me the economy is a shit storm of rich getting richer..

While other are being forced into lower and lower economic standards for simple survival..

HOw far up is consumer debt?

How many thousands of mortgages are in danger of default across businesses and single family dwellings?

C’mon, man..

Seriously, you think Jeff bezo and Elon musk and bill gates “ raise us all up “ financially?

Get real.

And you wonder why people attack your IDIOTIC positions.

Are you talking to Unome? Because your post was largely a parroting of his views on the current economy.
Post #: 1497
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 2/12/2021 4:38:48 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

I guess I didn’t make this clear..

He states that as Kennedy said a rising tide lifts all ships...

That is far, far from the reality of our current situation.

ARe Jeff bezos, Elon musk and bill gates and Pfizer and modern and all the corporations whose value and profits have risen steadily, somehow raised us all as they rise?

Do these corporations spend their profits on practical implementation of policy, as corporations, to better the lives of all their employees..

No, they give CEO aNd Board members huge bonuses, retirement plans and pay dividends to the shareholders who had the ability to gamble money in the stock market.

According to the stock and financial markets, the economy is doing great...

Record highs on Dow, NASDAQ, S&P....the rich tide is rising... is my dingy going up, or going down?

Pfizer and Moderna could score $32 billion in Covid-19 vaccine sales -- in 2021 alone

I lost an entire follow up post to the one above..

I do not see corporate and top tier money makers paying huge, tax bills..

Pfizer and moderne will score 32 billion...

Will they pay 3.2 billion in taxes?

Will they pay the top rate of 36%?

Will they pay 11.5 billion in taxes?

I’m sure they will suffer greatly if they only rake in 20 billion after taxes.. if they even pay taxes..

Unome..aka Eric Larson... is actually praising the “ Kennedy, Reagan, Clinton, Obama, Trump basically unaltered” economic policy that apparently says that some how a robust economy, with record corporate profits and tax breaks handed out like Christmas presents to those sitting on piles of capitalist wealth, have somehow been responsible for our current great economic boom, despite some setbacks.

Is that about right..?

Is government policy driving a great economic growrh pattern that helps all Americans?

Raises all ships?

Has our public government debt outstripped GDP?

Who pays this debt?

Profit records for corporate and special interests is payin down this national debt thru record tax receipts aT the corporate level of 36%, right?

Is GDP rising or falling?
I know the answer...
But I don’t have a Masters in economics or even one single class in macroeconomics, so I don’t know wtf I’m talking about.

Riiiight?

Just dismiss me like all the other non economist socialist communistic democrats that point out the IDIOTS Idea to cut taxes while increasing spending and calling that sound fiscal policy....

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/americas-debt-27-trillion-and-counting/

Im done in this thread....

Bring your fantasy to political policy.. if you dare..

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 2/12/2021 10:32:11 AM >

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1498
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 2/12/2021 8:03:18 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

That was a pretty mean-spirited post, Bill, but I think your comments say way more about you than they do about me. Well, they do show a clear hatred of me, but that is on you and not me.

I literally came on here posting about how COVID was going down and how it was exciting and I have been attacked in a pretty ugly way. I cannot even explain the attacks except that political discourse in this country has been completely Trumpified.

Do not want to discuss issues? Just try and crush the messenger. It was ugly when Trump did it, but it is not any prettier when others do it.

The strange thing is that I do not think my message about COVID was at all controversial. It certainly was not mean-spirited, quite the opposite.

My post was a reply to your imbedded gems. You're no angel on here, regardless that you are a legend in your own mind.
Post #: 1499
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 2/12/2021 10:26:59 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

I guess I don’t make this clear..

He states that as Kennedy said a rising tide lifts all ships...

That is far, far from the reality of our current situation.

ARe Jeff bezos, Elon musk and bill gates and Pfizer and modern and all the corporations whose value and profits have risen steadily, somehow raised us all as they rise?

Do these corporations spend their profits on practical implementation of policy, as corporations, to better the lives of all their employees..

No, they give CEO aNd Board members huge bonuses, retirement plans and pay dividends to the shareholders who had the ability to gamble money in the stock market.

According to the stock and financial markets, the economy is doing great...

Record highs on Dow, NASDAQ, S&P....the rich tide is rising... is my dingy king up, or going down?

Pfizer and Moderna could score $32 billion in Covid-19 vaccine sales -- in 2021 alone

I lost an entire follow up post to the one above..

I do not see corporate and top tier money makers paying huge, tax bills..

Pfizer and moderne will score 32 billion...

Will they pay 3.2 billion in taxes?

Will they pay the top rate of 36%?

Will they pay 11.5 billion in taxes?

I’m sure they will suffer greatly if they only rake in 20 billion after taxes.. if they even pay taxes..

Onome is actually praising the “ Kennedy, Reagan, Clinton, Obama, Trump “ basically unaltered” economic policy that apparently says that some how a robust economy, with record corporate profits and tax breaks handed out like Christmas presents to those sitting on piles of capitalist wealth, have somehow been responsible for our current great economic boom, despite some setbacks.

Is that about right..?

Is government policy driving a great economic growrh pattern that helps all Americans?

Raises all ships?

Has our public government debt outstripped GDP?

Who pays this debt?

Profit records for corporate and special interests is payin down this national debt thru record tax receipts T the corporate level of 36%, right?

Is GDP rising or falling?
I know the answer...
But I don’t have a Masters in economics or even one single class in macroeconomics, so I don’t know wtf I’m talking about.

So who's going to fix all this? The Democrats?

Biden and Co. have a stack of IOUs(payment for helping get a mediocre politician elected POTUS) to big business, big tech, media, etc.. that he will feel obligated to pay back.

You have people like AOC who think they are making a stand against big business by keeping Amazon out of her District. Her people(I guess) don't want high paying jobs who will then support restaurants and other retail stores along with countless other financial benefits to the area. Amazon just finds another place that will take them so it really doesn't hurt them.

Need a 3rd Party
Term limits (no more than 12 years, House and Senate)
Have a yearly written report(for your constituents) that shows what Bills you supported(and why) and Bills you were against(and why).
Post #: 1500
Page:   <<   < prev  58 59 [60] 61 62   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Covid 19 and those infected Page: <<   < prev  58 59 [60] 61 62   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode