Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: NFL Draft 2021

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: NFL Draft 2021 Page: <<   < prev  112 113 [114] 115 116   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/5/2021 1:13:11 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

Best since Tarkenton?

I'll take Favre's first year here over anything Cousins has done in three years. Yeah we lost the NFCCG in overtime, but he got us there by elevating the team week after week.

Randall Cunningham's season

Culpepper too and I was as hard on him as anyone but I have to admit that.

Culpepper was the QB for an NFC title game. He is kind of a mixed bag to evaluate, since he was surrounded by the greatest collection of offensive talent in Vikings history.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 2826
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/5/2021 1:15:32 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

Best since Tarkenton?

I'll take Favre's first year here over anything Cousins has done in three years. Yeah we lost the NFCCG in overtime, but he got us there by elevating the team week after week.

Really liked Culpepper but he had it all, on offense anyway. He left it all on the field whether he was barreling through a DL for a TD or chasing down Warren Sapp and slamming Sapp into the turf.

QBs like Tommy Kramer and Joe Kapp were warriors too, and were instrumental in taking their teams far.

If Cousins had a dirt stain, he'd probably wash it out at halftime.
Post #: 2827
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/5/2021 1:17:54 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Best since Tarkenton?

Really liked Culpepper but he had it all, on offense anyway. He left it all on the field whether he was barreling through a DL for a TD or chasing down Warren Sapp and slamming Sapp into the turf.

QBs like Tommy Kramer and Joe Kapp were warriors too, and were instrumental in taking their teams far.

Nonsense...he would presoak it at half time and wash it out after the game.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 2828
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/5/2021 1:34:11 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Best since Tarkenton?

Nonsense...he would presoak it at half time and wash it out after the game.

LOL, bet he's got those wash cycles down pat.

He'd then charge the team an hour's labor. At $30M a year and 8760 hours in a year, that's $3,425.
Post #: 2829
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/5/2021 1:58:38 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Best since Tarkenton?

Culpepper was the QB for an NFC title game. He is kind of a mixed bag to evaluate, since he was surrounded by the greatest collection of offensive talent in Vikings history.

One of the great teams no one talks about due to the strike, 1987 (Wade Wilson, Tommy and Rich Gannon). AC, Steve Jordan, and Leo Lewis. Great Defense.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 2830
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/5/2021 3:07:32 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Best since Tarkenton?

One of the great teams no one talks about due to the strike, 1987 (Wade Wilson, Tommy and Rich Gannon). AC, Steve Jordan, and Leo Lewis. Great Defense.

Are you nominating Wade Wilson's 1987 season?
Post #: 2831
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/5/2021 3:12:12 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Mond, who played in two offensive systems in College Station, first under Kevin Sumlin in an Air-Raid attack and later in Jimbo Fisher's pro-style offense, said he looks forward to learning how to master an NFL playbook from his new veteran teammate.
Post #: 2832
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/5/2021 3:17:15 PM   
Tom Sykes

as long as he understands that KC uses a custom hymnal version.
Post #: 2833
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/5/2021 3:20:08 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Best since Tarkenton?

No different than Cunningham. How about Jeff George going 8-2 in 1999 after Cunningham got paid in the offseason and decided to hang up his cleats while still on the field?
Post #: 2834
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/5/2021 3:36:35 PM   
Bill Johanesen

He's writing a book:

How to love living in your mom's basement
Styling in the shitmobile van
Best Rent-To-Own companies
Sleeping in a hyperbaric chamber
Meet my brain wave doctor
100% guaranteed contract or GTFO (whatever GTFO means)
It's about wins not money... wait, it is about the money
Putting up the stats!
Wired-up run amuck: when WRs chew you out on national tv
A violent game... would Jesus approve?
Learn those wash settings!
Down 7 in the 4th? Think butterflies in Africa
Sloter is literally the second coming but Kellen Mond is an atheist

Bonus: Coach Zimmer has stuffed dead animals

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 5/5/2021 3:45:19 PM >
Post #: 2835
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/5/2021 3:48:44 PM   
beo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Best since Tarkenton?

They scored 0 points that game... never been so stunned at a Vikes laydown in my life...
Post #: 2836
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/5/2021 5:03:34 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Best since Tarkenton?

They scored 0 points that game... never been so stunned at a Vikes laydown in my life...

Coach & whole team choked. Still believe they knew our play calls but our defense was horrid the whole season.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/5/2021 5:05:21 PM >

Post #: 2837
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/5/2021 5:05:02 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Best since Tarkenton?

Are you nominating Wade Wilson's 1987 season?

Not sure if that was the one year that Wade threw for 4 TDs in the last 8 mins to win a game or not but that team was special even though it was light on offense talent.

Washington rolled in the Super Bowl.

Post #: 2838
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/5/2021 5:53:08 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Best since Tarkenton?

Coach & whole team choked. Still believe they knew our play calls but our defense was horrid the whole season.

Weren't we down 21-0 or something like that before he even touched the ball?
Post #: 2839
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/5/2021 11:58:42 PM   
marty

Kirk Cousins is Jay Cutler + ??

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2840
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/6/2021 7:34:31 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Speaking about Bears QBs, Jim McMahon stepped in with us to go 8-4 before returning to the playoffs after a five year drought. I believe it was the last play of the game where he was sacked and laid twitching on a frozen field.
Post #: 2841
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/6/2021 7:42:00 AM   
Tom Sykes

I’m just sick and tired of the way Cousins gets skewered on this site.

The numbers just don’t lie. He is without a doubt the most underrated, most accurate, and probably greatest thrower of a football in franchise history. As a businessman. As a qb also, not bad at all.
Post #: 2842
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/6/2021 8:06:53 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

The numbers just don’t lie. He is without a doubt the most underrated, most accurate, and probably greatest thrower of a football in franchise history. As a businessman. As a qb also, not bad at all.

Somehow many think TB does it all...look at that roster. Two best rosters made it to the SB---I think our roster can compete with both after the FA and draft.

I like the Cinderella story with Case at QB a few years ago but eventually you need a QB that can throw the ball outdoors and there is a need for a better roster. If you can't see the moves that Rick has pulled off the last two years coming up aces (mainly turning Rudolph and Reiff's contract into a bevy of FAs---Woods, Weatherly, Peterson, Alexander, Tomlinson, Vigil) and then trading down to erase the bad DE decision last year to acquire 2 high ranked Olineman, a QBOTF, speed at RB/LB/WR/TE and two more pass rushers. As Mark Anderson stated earlier; our kicking game/Special Teams is our main weakness right now.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/6/2021 12:06:11 PM >

Post #: 2843
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/6/2021 8:20:09 AM   
bstinger

quote:

He's got his flaws, but he's been pretty damn consistent, very durable, and while not spectacular, he's been very good for 3 years in a row with about the worst OL we've ever assembled and no Randy Moss. Is he too expensive, not too bad so far, but yea $45million is ridiculous.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 2844
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/6/2021 8:25:32 AM   
McMurfy

Seems to me that the only reason Cousins even puts up stats is because he’s always playing from behind in the Second Half.
Mostly prevent defense stats.

Cousins sucks.
Most of the World knows it.
Only about half of the Viking fans believe in him.

He is also no where near the best QB since Tark.

The Curse of Mauer is gone!
Post #: 2845
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/6/2021 8:38:33 AM   
Brad H

quote:

No. 30 QB Rating in the final two minutes of halves last season. That's where the rubber meets the road.

It would be akin to a guy that is a very good shooter in basketball who suddenly shoots 23% in the final minute of a game. If you can't make them when it counts, the other numbers don't mean jack shit.

It's the difference between winning and losing about 4-5 football games every season. The great ones excel at it because they are great leaders and in total command.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 5/6/2021 8:43:49 AM >

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 2846
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/6/2021 8:52:52 AM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

No. 30 QB Rating in the final two minutes of halves last season. That's where the rubber meets the road.

It would be akin to a guy that is a very good shooter in basketball who suddenly shoots 23% in the final minute of a game. If you can't make them when it counts, the other numbers don't mean jack shit.

It's the difference between winning and losing about 4-5 football games every season. The great ones excel at it because they are great leaders and in total command.

What if said shooter was quadruple teamed at the end of games but still had to shoot because the rest of his team was in wheelchairs? What does 23% tell you then?

Keep pulling out this number, but maybe tell me who was going to complete a pass in the Tennessee game's last series when the oline collapsed? How about the Dallas game? Oh, and please keep ignoring the New Orleans playoff game for God's sake, because that surely couldn't have been Kirk throwing three perfect passes to win that playoff game in OT.

Kirk is not great. Kirk is not horrible. Kirk is not "worth" his contract. But Kirk is good enough, and the price for good enough at QB is as insane as the market for gasoline in Cali.
Post #: 2847
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/6/2021 9:01:14 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

quote:

What if said shooter was quadruple teamed at the end of games but still had to shoot because the rest of his team was in wheelchairs? What does 23% tell you then?

Keep pulling out this number, but maybe tell me who was going to complete a pass in the Tennessee game's last series when the oline collapsed? How about the Dallas game? Oh, and please keep ignoring the New Orleans playoff game for God's sake, because that surely couldn't have been Kirk throwing three perfect passes to win that playoff game in OT.

Kirk is not great. Kirk is not horrible. Kirk is not "worth" his contract. But Kirk is good enough, and the price for good enough at QB is as insane as the market for gasoline in Cali.

The great ones have the ability to create on their own and make everyone around them better on a consistent basis. Those guys win championships and earn a yellow jacket.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 2848
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/6/2021 9:09:41 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The great ones have the ability to create on their own and make everyone around them better on a consistent basis. Those guys win championships and earn a yellow jacket.

Nobody is confusing Cousins with "the great ones". As bohumm, said, he is not great, but he is good enough. A lot worse QB's than Cousins have won Superbowls. Cousins was far down on the list of things that were wrong with the Vikings last year.

Post #: 2849
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/6/2021 9:12:38 AM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

So you're a Hall of Famer or you suck? How much better did Mahomes make his offensive line in the Super Bowl? Or is he not good enough either?

I get it, this is your schtick, you're very Trump-like in hyping your very special mind, which is like nothing that's ever been seen. But I believe right above where you cite "the great ones," I concede Kirk is not great. Your Rain Mannish spewing is not worthy of your Beautiful Mind......
Post #: 2850
Page:   <<   < prev  112 113 [114] 115 116   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: NFL Draft 2021 Page: <<   < prev  112 113 [114] 115 116   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode