Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: NFL Draft 2021

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: NFL Draft 2021 Page: <<   < prev  40 41 [42] 43 44   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/20/2021 5:36:16 PM   
Bruce Johnson

#Miami DE Greg Rousseau is one of the Draft's most challenging evals. One scout called him a “skinny little guy” on tape, but he showed up at his Pro Day 25 pounds heavier. Some wondered about the athleticism, but he’s much bigger now. Plus, he was an opt-out. Lots of questions.

(Ian Rapoport on Twitter)

this is the dilemma with Rousseau, too small to play inside full time (where he's at his best) but once he fills out his frame his athleticism isn't really there anymore (see pro day numbers). on top of being one of the rawest prospects. day 2 pick at max, not taking him til rd4

(Spencer Thompson on Twitter)

He didn't play football this past season and it seems he didn't work hard enough on his own given the chance to do so.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 1026
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/20/2021 9:10:08 PM   
marty

Saw a mock draft today that had the Vikings picking Trey Lance, and NE taking Mac Jones with pick #15.

What do you guys and gals think of that ?

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1027
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/20/2021 9:57:49 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

Odds of Orlando Brown Trade to Vikings More Real Than Ever....vikingsterritory

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet
A piece of interesting free agent news: #Steelers FA OT Alejandro Villanueva is set to visit the #Ravens this week, league source said. With some moving parts on Baltimore’s O-line, they plan to check out Villanueva in person.

The cost is the interesting part. Bleacher Report recently spitballed this deal: The Vikings send the No. 14 pick, the No. 125 overall pick (4th Round), and a 2022 2nd-Round pick to Baltimore for Brown and the 27th pick in this year’s 1st Round.

That would probably be worth it. The Vikings retain a 1st-Round presence in the draft in 2021, get Brown as a stalwart LT, and sacrifice 13 spots on the draft, plus a 2nd-Rounder next year.

Trading for Brown would kickstart an offensive line that feels like this for 2021:

(LT) Orlando Brown, (LG) Mason Cole / Alex Leatherwood-type / FA like Trai Turner, ( C ) Garrett Bradbury, (RG) Ezra Cleveland, (RT) Brian O’Neill.

The second rounder next year goes to Baltimore, not us.

Isn't that what he said?

"and sacrifice 13 spots on the draft, plus a 2nd-Rounder next year."

Yeah, I guess I read it wrong.
Post #: 1028
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/21/2021 9:10:26 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Saw a mock draft today that had the Vikings picking Trey Lance, and NE taking Mac Jones with pick #15.

Count me in on that.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 1029
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/21/2021 9:29:36 AM   
bohumm

Just a reminder, the Vikings OL was horrendous last year and is significantly worse today.
Post #: 1030
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/21/2021 9:38:50 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

I don't see any scenario where Trey Lance falls to us.

But I would love for us to take him.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 1031
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/21/2021 10:04:55 AM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

I don't see any scenario where Trey Lance falls to us.

But I would love for us to take him.

Unlikely I think too, but it did happen for me a few times in PFF mock drafts. I took him once, but traded down and made a haul the other times.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 1032
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/21/2021 10:06:55 AM   
marty

I am thinking, if any of the QBs fall, it would be Lance, because he didn't play against very strong competition.

I heard in an NFL radio show yesterday, that it's possible that SF only really likes 2 of the QBs, say Lawrence and Fields, and that if those 2 go 1 and 2, SF wouldn't hesitate to take Pitts, that they think a lot of Pitts.

I don't believe this, and think they almost had to be targeting a QB, and liked at least 3 of them.

< Message edited by marty -- 4/21/2021 10:07:56 AM >

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1033
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/21/2021 10:19:11 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

I am thinking, if any of the QBs fall, it would be Lance, because he didn't play against very strong competition.

I heard in an NFL radio show yesterday, that it's possible that SF only really likes 2 of the QBs, say Lawrence and Fields, and that if those 2 go 1 and 2, SF wouldn't hesitate to take Pitts, that they think a lot of Pitts.

I don't believe this, and think they almost had to be targeting a QB, and liked at least 3 of them.

If he falls to us, there will be trade offers from others to move up. and RS would not pass up the opportunity to add picks.

We will NOT be drafting a QB with our first pick.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 1034
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/21/2021 10:44:03 AM   
Murph

quote:

I'd love it.

I would love for us to move up if there's an opportunity for any of the top 4 QB's.

I'm not enamored with Mac Jones.

Hey Wilf's, let's build a "Perennial Super Bowl contender" not a "perennial playoff contender".
Post #: 1035
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/21/2021 11:07:55 AM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

If he falls to us, there will be trade offers from others to move up. and RS would not pass up the opportunity to add picks.

Agreed.

I would be ecstatic if we drafted Lance, but I don't see Spielman and Zim drafting for the future. They have to know their seats are (at the very least) warm, and they're going to be in full "win now" mode.
Post #: 1036
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/21/2021 11:29:46 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

quote:

Agreed.

I would be ecstatic if we drafted Lance, but I don't see Spielman and Zim drafting for the future. They have to know their seats are (at the very least) warm, and they're going to be in full "win now" mode.

I also agree with this.

In fact, I think Zimmer would view a first rd QB as an absolute betrayal by Spielman and a ploy to try and save his job if Zimmer's defense doesn't come through for us. We are in full Game of Thrones mode this year.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 4/21/2021 11:32:35 AM >
Post #: 1037
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/21/2021 1:16:06 PM   
marty

I just wanted to hear some thoughts on this. I believe Lance could fall.

I wouldn't be happy with Lance, don't see enough on film, and am concerned about lack of competition.

If Lance falls to #14, I hope the Vikes trade down.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1038
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/21/2021 2:18:01 PM   
bohumm

Just a reminder, the Vikings OL was horrendous last year and is significantly worse today.
Post #: 1039
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/21/2021 2:20:42 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

Unfortunately, history has shown Spielman to be pretty inept at addressing the OL through the draft. Hopefully he figures it out this year.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 1040
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/21/2021 3:49:02 PM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm
Agreed. This is really the last way I wanted to see this go: having to rely on draft picks to start Day 1, or be starting 2-3 career back-ups on the OL. I don't know where to categorize Cleveland, since he started the year as a back-up and only started when injuries happened; I don't see him as a bona fide starter at OG. I do see him as a prospective starter at LT, but what do I know. There is also the matter of Dr. Garrett and Mr. Bradbury when it comes to his performance as a run blocker and pass blocker. The bottom line is the interior OL can't hold their ground in pass pro, but we have a QB who does poorly with the pass rush in his face.

My concern is we reach for an OG who might not be a significant upgrade or we pick another position/trade back and try to plug the hole with chewing gum selected in the third or later. Maybe that works, but it hasn't so far.
Post #: 1041
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/21/2021 5:20:06 PM   
Tom Sykes

He may not be skinny enough but otherwise OT Carson Green Texas A&M has our draft interest. (Cameron Sample simply doesn't have the Edge traits we're looking for)

https://twitter.com/DWolfsonKSTP/status/1384898916345384960
Post #: 1042
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/22/2021 7:38:15 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

He may not be skinny enough but otherwise OT Carson Green Texas A&M has our draft interest. (Cameron Sample simply doesn't have the Edge traits we're looking for)

https://twitter.com/DWolfsonKSTP/status/1384898916345384960

Yeah, might want to see who wrote OT. Because in that video, the OT is a cripple.

Sloth-like in space
Has zero hip swivel
May work best on senior home dance floor
Sets in pass rush like Godzilla
Lunges like starving man seeing a pizza
Braces actually add speed
Post #: 1043
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/22/2021 9:47:28 AM   
Pauldiercks1

I disagree on Spielman not taking a QB.
I do not think Lance falls to the Vikings, however, I would expect us to take him if he did fall or even trade up a couple spots for him.
I think Zimmer and Spielman would both be ok with that. Spielman is well regarded and hopefully has the confidence to look at the future of the team.

I would hope that they both have the confidence to realize short sighted thinking is the the quickest way to end up getting replaced. A young QB on a rookie contract may be the best way to get the salary cap in shape for another run.
Lance could fall for a number of reasons but not to 14. If he makes it to around 10, I would not be at all surprised to see us try to go get him. For the team it is the right thing to do. If the FO doesn't have any confidence in their ability and security with the organization, they are already done.

< Message edited by Pauldiercks1 -- 4/22/2021 9:50:36 AM >
Post #: 1044
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/22/2021 9:53:17 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pauldiercks1

I do not think Lance falls to the Vikings, however, I would expect us to take him if he did fall or even trade up a couple spots for him.
I think Zimmer and Spielman would both be ok with that. Spielman is well regarded and hopefully has the confidence to look at the future of the team.

I would hope that they both have the confidence to realize short sighted thinking is the the quickest way to end up getting replaced. A young QB on a rookie contract may be the best way to get the salary cap in shape for another run.
Lance could fall for a number of reasons but not to 14. If he makes it to around 10, I would not be at all surprised to see us try to go get him. For the team it is the right thing to do. If the FO doesn't have any confidence in their ability and security with the organization, they are already done.

If it happens, do you start him? I do.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 1045
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/22/2021 9:58:41 AM   
Todd M

If there is a QB available we trade down.
No way we trade up.

Cousins is likely to be our QB a while. Seeing as we're about to go on a run/see a lot of success.
Post #: 1046
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/22/2021 11:15:06 AM   
Todd M

“I think I’m the best tackle in the draft,” Slater said, via Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press. “So I have a really high level of confidence about that, but at the same time, I’m a team player. If a team wants to play me at guard, I’m all for it. As long as that’s what’s best for the team, I’m happy to play whatever position they need me at.”

Step right up.
Post #: 1047
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/22/2021 11:35:12 AM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pauldiercks1

If it happens, do you start him? I do.

Who do you start after he's mauled by opposing DLs for the first six weeks and then his leg snaps in half?
Post #: 1048
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/22/2021 11:55:29 AM   
ronhextall

NFL GM's with longest tenures...

A couple are owners so you can't count those.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2020/05/longest-tenured-gms-in-the-nfl
Post #: 1049
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 4/22/2021 12:00:06 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

NFL GM's with longest tenures...

A couple are owners so you can't count those.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2020/05/longest-tenured-gms-in-the-nfl

I think Spielman is the only one in the top 10 who doesn't have at least one Superbowl appearance.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 1050
Page:   <<   < prev  40 41 [42] 43 44   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: NFL Draft 2021 Page: <<   < prev  40 41 [42] 43 44   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode