Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: NFL Draft 2021

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: NFL Draft 2021 Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 1/18/2021 12:19:21 PM   
Bill Jandro

Trade down 6-8 spots and pick Christian Barmore 3T Alabama

Package the newly aquired 2nd rd pick from the trade along with a 3rd and 4th rd pick trade up and get the best available LG on the board.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 126
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 1/18/2021 12:20:29 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Package the newly aquired 2nd rd pick from the trade along with a 3rd and 4th rd pick trade up and get the best available LG on the board.

Trade UP?

Rick Spielman doesn't play that. He trades down. You can't have enough 7th rounders you know.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 127
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 1/18/2021 1:22:14 PM   
bstinger

quote:

I have no idea the quality of depth of G's available in this draft.

I do like the trade down if we can grab a 2nd and get a DT or DE that will make a difference.

I would hope we could get a quality G in the 2nd without the trade up.

There are many needs on this team and giving up 3 picks for a G doesn't seem smart, again that depends on quality and depth at the positions.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 128
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 1/18/2021 3:05:11 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

quote:

I do like the trade down if we can grab a 2nd and get a DT or DE that will make a difference.

There are many needs on this team and giving up 3 picks for a G doesn't seem smart, again that depends on quality and depth at the positions.

Vera Tucker and Wyatt Davis are the stud G's. Both will probably go mid teens but currently are projected late first early second.

I'd have zero problem trading 3 picks to move up and nab one of these two vs trading down constantly into the 6th and 7th rds

Post #: 129
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 1/18/2021 4:55:49 PM   
Todd M

Well you're not getting a 2nd for moving down 6-8 slots so there's that...
Post #: 130
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 1/18/2021 5:06:30 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

Vera Tucker and Wyatt Davis are the stud G's. Both will probably go mid teens but currently are projected late first early second.

I'd have zero problem trading 3 picks to move up and nab one of these two vs trading down constantly into the 6th and 7th rds

Why would they go mid teens?
Post #: 131
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 1/18/2021 7:06:10 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

I don't understand why we have 6'2 -6'3 small mobile Guards instead of trying to get the big mobile guys.....I remember molding Dave Dixon types instead of picking up concussed Kline, reguritated Dozier types......I don't understand.

We even grabbed Ryan Harris off of the FA market until his mystery injury and he was doing well.

That's the first time I've heard Dave Dixon referred to as mobile

I think everyone would rather have big and mobile over small and mobile....they might be harder to find.

Them guys go early.

Not as early as the QB, WR, OT, CB, DE, DT, stud LB players projected for this draft.

These guys are candidates and no way will they all be gone by 20 or even the first round:
Vera-Tucker
Slater
Davis
Smith
Leatherwood (LT or zone-blocking G)
Banks

Was reading about Leatherwood: Can play the typewriter to cut off the corner.
Post #: 132
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 1/18/2021 7:23:32 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

To begin this artificial scenario where we try to reach for them in a panic but are unable to do so because we don't get enough assets back in our projected trade and do not want to throw in a FOURTH pick for a projected "late first early second" player?
Post #: 133
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 1/19/2021 5:00:35 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Well you're not getting a 2nd for moving down 6-8 slots so there's that...

According to the value chart trading down 8 spots would yield us the 26th pick in rd 2

Post #: 134
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 1/19/2021 5:02:40 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Judging top talent from the last several drafts the elite IOL players tend to be selected around 15-20

Edit: after further research 8 IOL have gone in rd 1 in the last 5 drafts. Unsure how highly Tucker or Davis are rated but chances are one or both will go in rd 1.

< Message edited by Bill Jandro -- 1/19/2021 5:14:10 PM >

Post #: 135
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 1/19/2021 6:47:28 PM   
Bill Johanesen

the elite IOL players tend to be selected around 15-20

Simply false for guards, which is the position of topic. http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/positions/g

I get having opinions and all that, but when someone expresses things as fact they should at least check to see if what they say is factual.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 1/19/2021 6:51:25 PM >
Post #: 136
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 1/19/2021 6:56:37 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I see a mock draft where the Vikings select an OT from Northwestern who opted out this past season and is projected to move inside. I forget his name. I'm very forgetful now. Wait. I looked it up. It was Rashawn Slater. These names will be at our fingertips before the draft comes.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 137
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 1/19/2021 6:57:33 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

Simply false for guards, which is the position of topic. http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/positions/g

I get having opinions and all that, but when someone expresses things as fact they should at least check to see if what they say is factual.

Perhaps you should use more reliable sites.

ie: your site says no G's were drafted in rd 1 last year when both Cesar Ruiz and Isaah Wilson actually were.

Post #: 138
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 1/19/2021 7:21:37 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

ie: your site says no G's were drafted in rd 1 last year when both Cesar Ruiz and Isaah Wilson actually were.

Yeah that's what I get for a 3 minute google to refute something that doesn't pass the sniff test. Usually it works fine.
Post #: 139
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 1/19/2021 7:33:10 PM   
Bill Johanesen

If the belief is the scouts can't scout IOL to save their life, then why on earth would we trade down from #14 AND use TWO more picks to trade up for.... IOL? We have far too many needs and no cap, even after we possibly cast off a couple of high contracts.

The lost early-mid second round pick would have been just fine to roll the dice on a G. Just take an average of all the G rankings and pick off that.
Post #: 140
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 1/19/2021 11:48:30 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Judging top talent from the last several drafts the elite IOL players tend to be selected around 15-20

Edit: after further research 8 IOL have gone in rd 1 in the last 5 drafts. Unsure how highly Tucker or Davis are rated but chances are one or both will go in rd 1.

Sure, late first or early second, about where they are rated.
Post #: 141
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 1/21/2021 7:44:19 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

Wasn't Ruiz a C and Wilson a Tackle?

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 142
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 1/22/2021 9:30:43 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

quote:

Rumor was that Saints sniped us on Ruiz. Then we took Gladney.
Post #: 143
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 1/22/2021 10:00:20 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

quote:

No and yes.
Post #: 144
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 1/22/2021 1:05:30 PM   
Murph

This sim is fun to mess with

https://www.pff.com/draft/nfl-mock-draft-simulator

Hey Wilf's, let's build a "Perennial Super Bowl contender" not a "perennial playoff contender".
Post #: 145
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 1/22/2021 2:46:56 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Would definitely take at #14 (9 prospects)
QB - Lawrence, Fields
WR - Smith, Chase (too good to pass up)
T - Sewell
DT - Barmore
LB - Parsons
CB - Surtain, Farley

Reservations at #14 (5 prospects but somewhat inclined to pass)
QB - Lance, Wilson
DE - Paye, Rousseau
WR - Waddle (550 yards, over 20 ypc until his injury)

Trading down (4)
G - Davis, Slater, Leatherwood, maybe Vera-Tucker

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 1/22/2021 3:31:59 PM >
Post #: 146
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 1/22/2021 8:52:25 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Is it possible that Kwitty Paye will be available to the Vikings. If we stay at #14, I lean to pass rusher, but of course it depends who is on the board. There's one stud TE who is special. I would consider him he's there. And then there are four WR's who are special. They won't be all gone. At this early stage, I don't know what the heck to think. Best player available will not be an IOL player, I'm afraid, or a 3 tech. Not at #14. Trading back would make sense to re-coop the 2nd rounder.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 147
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 1/22/2021 9:06:27 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Looking at Daniel Jeremiah's early mock here, there are a number of edge rushers to pick, including Paye. The player I would consider trading up for would be the OT from one of the Oregon schools. (Penei Sewell sp?)

Struggling with the names, still. Kwity is with one "t".

Also, does it make sense to switch Cleveland to center and move Bradbury to guard? Sorry for being so weird with the ideas.

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-2021-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-zach-wilson-to-jets

Post #: 148
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 1/22/2021 9:11:43 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Jeremiah likes this player and he would fit need and scheme. I still think edge rushers are more valuable, but he might be the guy.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/alijah-vera-tucker

Post #: 149
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 1/23/2021 2:49:14 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Charlie Campbell of Walter Football suggests that this is the pick for the Vikings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mD2JQOPvZQ

For those who don't have the time to watch a video, here is the quicker answer:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/jaelan-phillips/4fUwln5ro4

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 1/24/2021 5:43:57 AM >

Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: NFL Draft 2021 Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode