Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: NFL Draft 2021

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: NFL Draft 2021 Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 1/24/2021 6:14:02 AM   
Bruce Johnson

if you're drafting a WR this year, it's more so to replace Adam Thielen in the future than Chad Beebe in the present...

the Vikings ran 11 personnel (3 WRs) on only 29% of their plays, last in the league. Chad Beebe only had 30 targets and had more games with 0 targets than 5+

(Spencer Thompson on Twitter)

There is supposed to be a tight end in this draft who is a can't miss to be special. I don't think he will last until #14, but I would take him and then continue to be a two tight end offense for years to come. It seems that teams with dynamic tight ends do well.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 151
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 1/25/2021 12:34:01 AM   
McMurfy

Can we Draft a Head Coach and GM?

The Curse of Mauer is gone!
Post #: 152
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 1/25/2021 1:52:08 PM   
Ush

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

if you're drafting a WR this year, it's more so to replace Adam Thielen in the future than Chad Beebe in the present...

the Vikings ran 11 personnel (3 WRs) on only 29% of their plays, last in the league. Chad Beebe only had 30 targets and had more games with 0 targets than 5+

There is supposed to be a tight end in this draft who is a can't miss to be special. I don't think he will last until #14, but I would take him and then continue to be a two tight end offense for years to come. It seems that teams with dynamic tight ends do well.

Kyle Pitts from UF is a total stud. That being said, I’m in for the Vikes taking Christian Barmore, DT from Alabama. Put him next to Pierce and bring back Hunter and our D-line becomes a whole lot better.
Post #: 153
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 1/25/2021 1:53:19 PM   
Ush

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Trade down 6-8 spots and pick Christian Barmore 3T Alabama

Package the newly aquired 2nd rd pick from the trade along with a 3rd and 4th rd pick trade up and get the best available LG on the board.
Post #: 154
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 1/26/2021 4:23:29 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Just finished 2 more games of Patrick Jones and I might have to move him up. This edge class is ridiculously loaded... Basham, Paye, Rousseau, Ojulari, Jones, etc.

Edge Defenders

1: Carlos Basham Jr, Wake Forest
2: Kwity Paye, Michigan
3: Gregory Rousseau, Miami
4: Azeez Ojulari, UGA
5: Patrick Jones, Pitt
6: Quincy Roche, Miami

(Spencer Thompson on Twttier)

Thompson breaks down each position on Twitter. I'm going to pass on copying and pasting each of his positional draft breakdowns. If you are interested, please check his page on Twitter.

The point I gather from the above is that we need an edge rusher, but this top class is not all going to fall to the third round. It would make sense to trade back and still get one of these guys. This is a good draft to need an edge rusher.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 155
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 1/26/2021 4:47:01 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I just did a little research. All of Thompson's IOL prospects are either centers or power guards. I don't like changing the scheme just for one player. Perhaps the Vikings might be forced to select an OT and then keep Cleveland inside. I'm not inspired about that either. So will they look to a guard in free agency? Maybe I will look at the tackle prospects to see if one of them would be good inside. We all know we need help on the offensive line.

Post #: 156
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 1/26/2021 4:59:31 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Here's a mock with the Vikings selecting Jamar Chase. He would be too good to pass. I don't think he will last until #14.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2021-nfl-mock-draft-lions-replace-matthew-stafford-broncos-also-grab-qb-49ers-land-best-receiver-in-class/

Post #: 157
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 1/26/2021 9:46:48 PM   
thebigo

quote:

Here's a mock with the Vikings selecting Jamar Chase. He would be too good to pass. I don't think he will last until #14.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2021-nfl-mock-draft-lions-replace-matthew-stafford-broncos-also-grab-qb-49ers-land-best-receiver-in-class/

If he's that good, I would first try to get value for him in a move down.
Post #: 158
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 1/26/2021 10:00:52 PM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: McMurfy

I'd spend a couple 7th rounders to get new blood.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 159
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 1/27/2021 12:32:04 AM   
McMurfy

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: McMurfy

I'd spend a couple 7th rounders to get new blood.

Spielman would trade himself, Zimmer and a 3rd
For a 4th, 6th, and two 7ths.

None of which would end up making the team in year 3.

The Curse of Mauer is gone!
Post #: 160
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 1/27/2021 11:16:41 AM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

If he's that good, I would first try to get value for him in a move down.

I like that idea if someone else recognizes his value. They would have to overpay because he's worth more than a #14 pick in the draft.

Post #: 161
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 1/28/2021 6:04:48 AM   
Bruce Johnson

I'm reading that potentially 8OT's could be taken in the first round. I don't think so, but also I don't believe any of those will last until the third round. There are some tackles projected to move inside to guard. Those guys may be drawing a lot of interest from the Vikings.

Post #: 162
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 1/28/2021 9:53:52 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

I'm reading that potentially 8OT's could be taken in the first round. I don't think so, but also I don't believe any of those will last until the third round. There are some tackles projected to move inside to guard. Those guys may be drawing a lot of interest from the Vikings.

Slater from Northwestern could be a target.
Post #: 163
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 1/28/2021 1:23:49 PM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

On a very preliminary basis, he's the guy who is the best fit for this OL.
Post #: 164
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 1/28/2021 1:27:52 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

On a very preliminary basis, he's the guy who is the best fit for this OL.

Then on a very preliminary basis, I would say he is the least likely to wind up here.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 165
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 1/28/2021 2:02:01 PM   
bstinger

What is the best fit, and do we want to continue with that OL philosophy? I'm tired of the little quick guys that get shoved back into Kirk's lap on every pass play and can't move the pile when we need a yard.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 166
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 1/28/2021 4:02:20 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Shades of Vikings posts:

About 3 hours ago I was about to explain how I would not consider Rashawn Slater as a top OT prospect for the Chargers and how it was a cautious and ill conceived pick. After digging further I realized he could be the best offensive lineman for the Chargers since he is solid and Versitle which is what the Chargers need especially if they keep the same strength and conditioning coaches😄
Laughing aside and knock on wood for good health; I realized the Chargers need a better and more consistent OL and not the offensive line with the highest ceiling. We actually could use this pick on a defensive player instead as well. In the research I discovered the Chargers were18 in points scored this past season and 23rd in points allowed. Blow our minds! According to PFF ratings Charger offensive line was the worst(32outof32) in the league and still we were 18th in points scored. In relation to other teams our offense out performed our defense. So if the Chargers are selecting an OL player here I agree with Rashawn Slater. I hope that another team gives up “ a lot “ and we can trade down and get more picks since we can get a good OL player with our second pick. I would not take less than a lower 1st and a 2nd and a late draft pick in this draft or a 1st this draft along with a 2nd and 3rd in this or next next years draft along with a pick no lower than a mid 5th pick in this draft.
Post #: 167
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 1/28/2021 6:15:22 PM   
Bruce Johnson

NDSU Tackle Dillon Radunz has looked great at tackle, following the trend of yesterday, he’s getting some work at LG. Great rep here inside, nice combo before climbing to the Mike. Showcasing some of those zone traits that the Vikings value.

Spencer Thompson on Twitter talking about the Senior Bowl practices

Post #: 168
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 1/28/2021 6:18:22 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Here's a video clip of an unheralded offensive lineman who looks really good here and the stats back him up. (MTSU OL Robert Jones) I had to look that up. That's Middle Tennessee State U.

https://twitter.com/vikingsfans16/status/1354867553693270018?s=20

Post #: 169
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 1/28/2021 6:19:57 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I'll be posting a breakdown for subscribers today, but Benjamin St-Juste is having a big week at the Senior Bowl. He's been of the most consistent CBs in all of the drills.

He just had a fantastic pass breakup in the team session against UCLA's Demetric Felton. #Gophers

(Daniel House on Twitter)

Post #: 170
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 1/28/2021 6:24:10 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Here's a rep of Pitt's Patrick Jones. An offensive lineman who might look good in Purple. We'll become more familiar with these names soon.

https://twitter.com/PurpleForTheWin/status/1354868960819355655?s=20

Post #: 171
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 1/28/2021 6:33:16 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Deshawn Vaughan likes Carlos Basher Jr. Here's a video clip.

https://twitter.com/vikingsfans16/status/1354852305707917319?s=20

Post #: 172
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 1/29/2021 8:46:43 AM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

What is the best fit, and do we want to continue with that OL philosophy? I'm tired of the little quick guys that get shoved back into Kirk's lap on every pass play and can't move the pile when we need a yard.

The reason I called him a potential fit is specifically because I read a couple of places that he can move in space and has the strength to hold his ground, as well as the fact that he has played both OG and LT. Of course, if that's all true, he may not last to our pick....

I think we all have to be realistic that Zimmer, Spielman, and the Wilfs aren't changing; they think they're doing a great job. So the best case is to let them maximize their expression of how to win, and that will either succeed and we'll all gladly credit them in the shadow of the Lombardi Trophy, or it will continue to come up short and they can all move the fukk on.
Post #: 173
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 1/30/2021 6:13:06 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Speaking of fit:

Senior Bowl players in the trenches that are great fits for the Vikings...

-David Moore, iOL
-Quinn Meinerz, iOL
-D’Ante Smith, OT
-Osa Odighizuwa, IDL
-Levi Onwuzurike, IDL
-Marlon Tuipulotu, IDL
-Carlos Basham Jr, DL
-Dayo Odeyingbo, DL
-Patrick Jones, EDGE
-Daelin Hayes, EDGE

Post #: 174
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 1/30/2021 2:01:22 PM   
Bruce Johnson

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-senior-bowl-daniel-jeremiah-s-top-10-nfl-draft-winners-from-week-of-practic?campaign=Twitter_atn

Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: NFL Draft 2021 Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode