Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  52 53 [54] 55 56   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/29/2021 2:16:58 PM   
ratoppenheimer

something about hinton - he's listed on the vikings' roster, but on spotrac he's not listed on our team - it shows that he's got a dead contract that ended 2020....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 1326
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/29/2021 3:28:11 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

something about hinton - he's listed on the vikings' roster, but on spotrac he's not listed on our team - it shows that he's got a dead contract that ended 2020....

Over The Cap has him on a 2 year contract.

Drafted 2020, 4 year contract, 3.37M.
Terminated.
Signed to PS 2020, 1 year, 142K.
Renegotiated.
Signed as SFA 2020, 2 years, 1.39M.

https://overthecap.com/player/kyle-hinton/8993/

< Message edited by David Levine -- 3/29/2021 3:29:27 PM >
Post #: 1327
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/29/2021 3:36:55 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

Over The Cap has him on a 2 year contract.

Drafted 2020, 4 year contract, 3.37M.
Terminated.
Signed to PS 2020, 1 year, 142K.
Renegotiated.
Signed as SFA 2020, 2 years, 1.39M.

https://overthecap.com/player/kyle-hinton/8993/

I can't decide if I would be happy or sad if he turned out to be a decent guard. I guess a combination of both.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1328
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/29/2021 4:07:34 PM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Being this 17th game will be a nonconference opponent I'm guessing the bulk of these games will be featuring back up players being most of the playoff seeding won't be effected.

Do we know that the additional game will be the last week? Extra game, not necessarily the last game.
Post #: 1329
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/29/2021 4:14:23 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

As of this moment the Vikes have about $7.3M in cap space. It seems to me that the rookie pool will add about $3M to our total leaving us with about $4.3M in space which I would guess we would want to keep in case injuries force us to sign a street free agent. We could still restructure Harrison Smith and gain enough space for one more significant free agent. Maybe the team feels set? It seems to me that we really really really really really really really need a significant free agent guard to pair with a high draft pick guard.

Rookie pool won't be a problem because after June 1st like 7.2ml will be gained through Rudolph contract

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1330
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/29/2021 4:16:49 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Being this 17th game will be a nonconference opponent I'm guessing the bulk of these games will be featuring back up players being most of the playoff seeding won't be effected.

Do we know that the additional game will be the last week? Extra game, not necessarily the last game.

Guess we won't know until schedules are released. Extra game more than likely will be trickled in every teams schedule so they can still have divisional matchups on week 18 with playoff implications.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1331
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/29/2021 4:26:56 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

quote:

They should play in neutral cities vying for NFL franchises. (either by a team moving or expansion). San Antonio comes to mind- probably a good place to play in January. Speaking of January, nobody wants to play in a northern city outdoors in January. Orlando would be a good choice, too.

I was thinking 1 preseason game per team could be neutral site and likely generate some decent interest in some spots.

Preseason sucks anyway.

I like your idea.

You might but the owners wont. Unless you guarantee the owners of the "home" game all the gate and concessions for the game go to them.

But I don't see that happening.

I think it is a great idea, but anything that might negatively impact the bottom line for a billionaire is not going to happen.

I like it because fans in say Tulsa Oklahoma, who don't have an NFL franchise even in their state might appreciate a meaningless exhibition game more than our fans would.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 1332
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/29/2021 6:17:13 PM   
Bill Johanesen

"I'm sure Jimmy was a little pissed off from it, just like I would be, too," Shanahan said. "The more mad Jimmy gets, usually the better he gets. Jimmy just gets madder and stays healthy, this is going to be a good thing for Jimmy too, which could be a great problem for the 49ers."

More Jimmy, Jimmy.
Post #: 1333
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/29/2021 6:23:03 PM   
Bill Johanesen

"I'm sure Bruce Bannon was a little pissed off from it, just like I would be, too," Fury said. "The more mad Bruce gets, usually the meaner he gets. The Hulk just gets madder and stays greener, this is going to be a good thing for the Hulk too, which could be a great problem for the Avengers."
Post #: 1334
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/29/2021 6:53:28 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

"I'm sure Jimmy was a little pissed off from it, just like I would be, too," Shanahan said. "The more mad Jimmy gets, usually the better he gets. Jimmy just gets madder and stays healthy, this is going to be a good thing for Jimmy too, which could be a great problem for the 49ers."

More Jimmy, Jimmy.

Don't touch Jimmy!!
Post #: 1335
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/30/2021 10:38:29 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

"I'm sure Bruce Bannon was a little pissed off from it, just like I would be, too," Fury said. "The more mad Bruce gets, usually the meaner he gets. The Hulk just gets madder and stays greener, this is going to be a good thing for the Hulk too, which could be a great problem for the Avengers."

Who is Bruce Bannon?

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 1336
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/30/2021 12:18:52 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Jonny quest from the 60’s

The muscle...

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1337
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/30/2021 12:37:11 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

The muscle...

Nice.

Race Bannon. Looked like a young Mike Pence with spine.

Imagine Race karate chopping his way through insurrectionists. After the fat dude with the lizards.
Post #: 1338
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/30/2021 5:51:42 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Bruce Banner, but I guess Bannon works. Leave it to a Star Trekk nerd to see it.
Post #: 1339
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/30/2021 6:54:00 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

Bruce Banner, but I guess Bannon works. Leave it to a Star Trekk nerd to see it.

To your original point ... I will give them credit for anti-Spielmaning their QB situation.

We grab the least threatening dude possible.

The 49ers: we are drafting somebody way better than you on your best day ... chew on that baby.

Use it as motivation. For as long as you're here.

It's weird how they tried to present their trade and draft strategy as full-disclosure ...

"We don't care who knows ... because we are smarter than you anyway."

We are going to draft our franchise QB ... doesn't matter which one ... whoever's there.

It sure beats Jimmy, but of course, he's still our guy. No question. (nobody sees through that)

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 3/31/2021 12:30:46 PM >
Post #: 1340
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/30/2021 6:57:16 PM   
quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

The muscle...

Nice.

Race Bannon. Looked like a young Mike Pence with spine.

Imagine Race karate chopping his way through insurrectionists. After the fat dude with the lizards.

Race Bannon was the man!
  Post #: 1341
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/30/2021 6:58:06 PM   
Tom Sykes

nm

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 3/30/2021 7:16:44 PM >
Post #: 1342
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/31/2021 3:13:35 PM   
Bruce Johnson

It sounds like the Vikings are going to switch some things up on defense this year.

Zimmer: "Offenses have changed so much, it's time that we do some things differently, change and adapt."

(Will Ragatz on Twitter)

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 1343
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/31/2021 3:14:51 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Mike Zimmer said he was "down in the dumps" at times when looking at his depth chart at the end of the season. He said the Vikings' additions in free agency have "rejuvenated" him.

(Chad Graff on Twitter)

Post #: 1344
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/31/2021 4:01:43 PM   
David F.

Chad Graff
@ChadGraff
·
1h
Mike Zimmer when asked what position Ezra Cleveland will play: "Right now, he’s right guard. But all those things can change depending on what else happens in free agency and what happens in the draft."

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1345
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/31/2021 4:03:00 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

It sounds like the Vikings are going to switch some things up on defense this year.

Zimmer: "Offenses have changed so much, it's time that we do some things differently, change and adapt."

(Will Ragatz on Twitter)

It only took him 7 years to come to this conclusion.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 1346
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/31/2021 4:55:16 PM   
kevinemmer

quote:

quote:

(Will Ragatz on Twitter)

His solution will be to send 1 guy out of Double A gap pressure, instead of making both guys bail out.
Revolutionary thinking Zim!
Post #: 1347
RE: General Vikes Talk - 3/31/2021 6:20:16 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

(Will Ragatz on Twitter)

It's not like our defenses (other than 2020) have been chopped liver.
Post #: 1348
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/1/2021 12:03:14 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Today is my anniversary with my wife. 40 years today. Yes, it was April Fools Day then, too. We got married before a judge in Ft. Worth, Texas. The judge was curious why we had chosen that particular day. I didn't want to tell him, but my wife needed to get her green card and her visa was expiring soon. That's the reason why we chose that day, but I will say this: I felt that I just hit the jackpot, that there was no way my life was not going to be great going forward. I was right about that. I won the lottery of life.

Post #: 1349
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/1/2021 12:17:37 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

Today is my anniversary with my wife. 40 years today. Yes, it was April Fools Day then, too. We got married before a judge in Ft. Worth, Texas. The judge was curious why we had chosen that particular day. I didn't want to tell him, but my wife needed to get her green card and her visa was expiring soon. That's the reason why we chose that day, but I will say this: I felt that I just hit the jackpot, that there was no way my life was not going to be great going forward. I was right about that. I won the lottery of life.

Nice Bruce....Happy Anniversary!!!

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 1350
Page:   <<   < prev  52 53 [54] 55 56   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  52 53 [54] 55 56   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode