Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2022 9:06:30 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

I just had a chance to listen to KOC's post game comments. I don't think he coached the same game we all watched.

I watched it too. While I liked that he took ownership he must have used every cliche in the book.
Post #: 501
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2022 9:07:36 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

I just had a chance to listen to KOC's post game comments. I don't think he coached the same game we all watched.

Honestly, I know we won a big game in week one, but I haven't seem much in two weeks. It seems like Justin Jefferson or nothing. That's not a recipe for success.

That is true. Plus we look to be historically bad stopping the run.
Post #: 502
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2022 9:10:24 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

KG must not have won his bets this week or we would've heard about it by now.
Post #: 503
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2022 9:10:24 AM   
Karl Juhnke

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karl Juhnke

I said it before the game (though I have no written proof of it) that I wouldn’t be surprised if Philly came out and punched us in the mouth. Then the big test of this team will be how they react to that.

Well they did punch us. And our reaction was we never really got up off the canvas. So we failed that test. Still I won’t overreact too much. They probably aren’t as good as they looked against GB or as bad as they looked against Philly. We can probably put away all the hyperbole for now and settle in to what was most likely all along: That this is probably a team whose ceiling is 10-ish wins and maybe fighting and scratching into the playoffs.

Philly exposed a couple of things last night. Mainly, this offense cannot adequately counter a blitz. Copy cat alert. Once the secret is out the whole league takes notice. Either fix it or get used to more of the same.

The other thing…at least in my opinion is, Dalvin Cook is a nice back but is no longer anything special. Shelf life is so short at RB. I’m not saying he isn’t still valuable and can’t still be productive, but he shouldn’t be featured. He a cog. One of several.

Agree with everything except the 10 wins part. It looks like we have bad personnel for a 3-4 defense and that won't change this year. Hard to win even 8 games with a defense this bad. Even week 1 the run defense was atrocious. Seems like a 7 win team as I'm sure they'll win a few that are unexpected.

I pretty much agree. I said 10 or so wins was the ceiling. That’s if everything goes really well. But the realistic expectation is probably less.
Post #: 504
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2022 9:12:31 AM   
Tom Sykes

The lack of adjustment on defense tells you how the coaches feel about the players. As bad as it was … and it was real bad … even with Philly neutralizing themselves in the 2nd half with penalties … we just dont have the horses to tighten things up and be much more aggressive.The spacing we ran with looked like we were playing with 6 defenders at a time. Sickening.

Playing against a team with a banged up OL and weak WRs is one thing, a good nfc team (just above avg against the good afc teams) really showed how toothless we are.

I’m sure we will improve a bit (on d) and play some teams we are better schemed for … hang in there some games … and its possible our rookies will see some time and start developing for the future … but thinking they will somehow improve on our deficiencies this year is unreasonable. Clearly we need help on all levels.
Post #: 505
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2022 9:14:26 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

The lack of adjustment on defense tells you how the coaches feel about the players. As bad as it was … and it was real bad … even with Philly neutralizing themselves in the 2nd half with penalties … we just dont have the horses to tighten things up and be much more aggressive.The spacing we ran with looked like we were playing with 6 defenders at a time. Sickening.

Playing against a team with a banged up OL and weak WRs is one thing, a good nfc team (just above avg against the good afc teams) really showed how toothless we are.

I’m sure we will improve a bit (on d) and play some teams we are better schemed for … hang in there some games … and its possible our rookies will see some time and start developing for the future … but thinking they will somehow improve on our deficiencies this year is unreasonable. Clearly we need help on all levels.

Bingo.
Post #: 506
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2022 9:21:20 AM   
geoffrey greitzer

Richard.. thank u.

Danzler? anyone heard anything.

Will KOC force Eddie to change. It is asinine to play that coverage scheme.
Post #: 507
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2022 9:21:47 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

Hey Theilen, I wanna know! Did we keep attacking and attacking and attacking? I don't even think that was true in the GB game unless 6 points in a half is "attacking"
Post #: 508
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2022 9:22:17 AM   
Brad H

quote:

It was a bend but don't break approach. Truth-be-told, giving up 24 points in an NFL game is not that bad. Our offense had plenty of opportunities to make it a game and rarely sniffed the end zone. A missed catch by Smith was a sure TD. The defense gave them an opportunity to cash in late in the game. An interception followed. There was ZERO firepower from the offense. Bad decisions from the QB. Bad throws from the QB. Little to no attempts at running the ball.

The truth is, I'm more concerned about the offense than the defense. KOC doesn't look like he knows what he is doing, to me. A young kid that has an idea, but doesn't know how to adjust on the fly. I think the same of the Chargers' coach. That guy is totally clueless.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 509
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2022 9:23:38 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: geoffrey greitzer

Richard.. thank u.

Danzler? anyone heard anything.

Will KOC force Eddie to change. It is asinine to play that coverage scheme.

If the reasoning is our older guys can't stay in front whatsoever under any circumstance then I'm fine getting them off the field. Extremely asinine!
Post #: 510
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2022 9:24:04 AM   
Tom Sykes

I cannot even count the times Cousins dumped the ball into a group of defenders - on well-defended screens - when the decoy was sprinting out the other direction with no defenders in sight.

I am sick and tired of his inability to look beyond the play design and make something happen on his own.

He is such an effing robot.

Its a shame. Some of his throws are uncannily accurate … obviously not all.
Post #: 511
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2022 9:26:19 AM   
Brad H

Cousins is now 2-10 as a starter on Monday Night Football. The worst record in the history of the NFL.

Post #: 512
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2022 9:26:54 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

It was a bend but don't break approach. Truth-be-told, giving up 24 points in an NFL game is not that bad. Our offense had plenty of opportunities to make it a game and rarely sniffed the end zone. A missed catch by Smith was a sure TD. The defense gave them an opportunity to cash in late in the game. An interception followed. There was ZERO firepower from the offense. Bad decisions from the QB. Bad throws from the QB. Little to no attempts at running the ball.

The truth is, I'm more concerned about the offense than the defense. KOC doesn't look like he knows what he is doing, to me. A young kid that has an idea, but doesn't know how to adjust on the fly. I think the same of the Chargers' coach. That guy is totally clueless.

The truth is we have zero idea if the guy can coach. While I like that he has an offensive background he didn't even call plays in LA. I hope he does well but does anyone really know if he's up to the task? Way too early to tell. Seems like a good guy though.
Post #: 513
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2022 9:27:55 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

Cousins is now 2-10 as a starter on Monday Night Football. The worst record in the history of the NFL.

I'm sure it's nothing to do with him.
Post #: 514
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2022 9:31:28 AM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

The truth is we have zero idea if the guy can coach. While I like that he has an offensive background he didn't even call plays in LA. I hope he does well but does anyone really know if he's up to the task? Way too early to tell. Seems like a good guy though.

A good coach understands his personnel and makes adjustments on the fly. The defense made zero adjustments last night. The offense made adjustments, but too late in the game and the QB was way off his game.

This isn't a video game. There needs to be some balance. It took the Eagles all of seven days to figure out what Vikings had done in week one on offense. They were jumping routes like they were in the huddle.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 9/20/2022 9:32:48 AM >

Post #: 515
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2022 9:35:25 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

A good coach understands his personnel and makes adjustments on the fly. The defense made zero adjustments last night. The offense made adjustments, but too late in the game and the QB was way off his game.

This isn't a video game. There needs to be some balance. It took the Eagles all of seven days to figure out what Vikings had done in week one on offense.

That's what was so alarming to me Brad. The ZERO adjustments on D was utterly insane. After Hurts hit 12 in a row to start it wasn't enough? Those were the most basic throws any qb in this league will have to make and wide open! Agree that the offense was probably a bigger letdown. I thought they should be capable of scoring 27 or so. Not even close!
Post #: 516
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2022 9:38:18 AM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

This isn't a video game. There needs to be some balance. It took the Eagles all of seven days to figure out what Vikings had done in week one on offense.

That's what was so alarming to me Brad. The ZERO adjustments on D was utterly insane. After Hurts hit 12 in a row to start it wasn't enough? Those were the most basic throws any qb in this league will have to make and wide open! Agree that the offense was probably a bigger letdown. I thought they should be capable of scoring 27 or so. Not even close!

I'm going to give the defense a pass based on one thing........the Eagles only scored 24 points.

I thought Jalen Hurts was amazingly good. His timing with his receivers was impeccable and his ball placement was at a very high level. We aren't going to see that kind of precision every week.

Post #: 517
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2022 9:41:06 AM   
Brad H

By the way, if the NFL never puts that team of officials on the field again I will be just fine. I hate it when officiating crews insert themselves into a game like that. Just get out of the way and let the kids play. It makes for a terrible product to watch. Put them on the Texans/Jags game.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 9/20/2022 9:42:32 AM >

Post #: 518
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2022 9:43:44 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm going to give the defense a pass based on one thing........the Eagles only scored 24 points.

I thought Jalen Hurts was amazingly good. His timing with his receivers was impeccable and his ball placement was at a very high level. We aren't going to see that kind of precision every week.

I think he played well but he had guys wide open on free releases for 10 yard completions constantly. I don't think it was close to amazing that an NFL qb can hit those throws. I will say I like the way he moved around to make a few of those throws. As Vikings fans we haven't seen that since what? Favre? Cousins has zero pocket awareness and is so awkward. Hurts definitely looked like another species altogether by comparison. One day maybe we'll get a guy that can make a play out of nothing. It's been a while.
Post #: 519
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2022 9:47:14 AM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think he played well but he had guys wide open on free releases for 10 yard completions constantly. I don't think it was close to amazing that an NFL qb can hit those throws. I will say I like the way he moved around to make a few of those throws. As Vikings fans we haven't seen that since what? Favre? Cousins has zero pocket awareness and is so awkward. Hurts definitely looked like another species altogether by comparison. One day maybe we'll get a guy that can make a play out of nothing. It's been a while.

Case Keenum was good at it.....for a year. Led us to a 13-3 record and an NFC title game. Then we gave up on him..........for Kirk Cousins.

Post #: 520
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2022 9:50:33 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Case Keenum was good at it.....for a year. Led us to a 13-3 record and an NFC title game. Then we gave up on him..........for Kirk Cousins.

Yeah he was good at it wasn't he? We'll never come close to 13 wins with this poser as our qb.
Post #: 521
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2022 9:57:00 AM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah he was good at it wasn't he? We'll never come close to 13 wins with this poser as our qb.

Keenum started 14 games in 2017. He completed 67.6% of his passes, with one of the worst offensive lines in football. Threw for 3,547 yards and 22 touchdowns with seven interceptions. In addition, he ran for 160 yards and a score.

Post #: 522
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2022 9:59:16 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

Kirk was so bad last night that we didn't even get the garbage time td
Post #: 523
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2022 10:03:11 AM   
Brad H

quote:

Kirk was so bad last night that we didn't even get the garbage time td

Exactly. I was telling my buddy in the fourth quarter to watch for Cousins to pad his stats in a losing effort when the opponent is in prevent defense. He couldn't even do that.

We did get to see a classic Cousins fumble again last night though. It was like going to a Trump rally and listening to the old classics from 2016.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 9/20/2022 10:06:25 AM >

Post #: 524
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2022 10:04:18 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

And why are we so slow on defense that we get hocked down by the punter? Can't make this crap up.
Post #: 525
Page:   <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode