Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2022 8:22:56 AM  1 votes
marty

Yes Phil, Hurts, the Philly WR corps, Goedert, they're all just good. AJ Brown is good, possibly great with a few more strong years.

OBJ would still be a nice addition, he's better than Osborn, would upgrade the #3 spot, and he has a 'J' in his name, would fit right in.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 476
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2022 8:23:56 AM   
ronhextall

glad I didn't stay up to watch second half.

I really hate the passive Leslie Frazier style defense of let them catch everything and tackle short of the sticks.

Only one game but damn.
Post #: 477
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2022 8:24:03 AM   
JC2022

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

I had Philly winning 11 games and winning their division, which makes them a contender. Just don't call them elite Phil, and don't call them or their WRs great, they're just good.

AJ Brown is just good? Devante Smith is just good? Goeddert is just good? What are your thoughts on Hurts?

What are your thoughts on OBJ?

I saw preseason hype from many that the Eagles are a contender.

On almost every play, the Vikings kept a safety over the top on Brown's side

That is respect

The fans in the stands were in shock the Vikings weren't going deep to Jefferson
Post #: 478
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2022 8:25:16 AM   
JC2022

quote:

ORIGINAL: Murph

On the road in the playoffs against a top defense; I have zero confidence in our QB, defense or coaches.

Except our punter.

Our defense is plain bad with a bad coordinator.

Our offense will look great against average to below average defenses, especially at home but against a better than average defense, especially on the road; we saw the result last night.

2 things prevented the Eagles from scoring 35+

1. Vikings punter

2. Eagles unforced penalties on offense
Post #: 479
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2022 8:26:45 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

I really hate the passive Leslie Frazier style defense of let them catch everything and tackle short of the sticks.

Only one game but damn.

I like KOC but seriously how are the defense and Cousins going to change? Maybe we have some young guys on the bench that can come in and play better d? If so what are we waiting for? Bring em in!
Post #: 480
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2022 8:26:54 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Yes Phil, Hurts, the Philly WR corps, Goedert, they're all just good. AJ Brown is good, possibly great with a few more strong years.

OBJ would still be a nice addition, he's better than Osborn, would upgrade the #3 spot, and he has a 'J' in his name, would fit right in.

OBJ can't play until November and it is his 2nd ACL Tear plus the other injuries; I wouldn't bank on it.

I watched a few Eagles games last year. Their offense was missing a dominant WR and they got it. Hurts looks improved as a passer.

I have read many that have the Eagles as their super bowl favorite.....

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 481
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2022 8:27:50 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: JC2022

quote:

ORIGINAL: Murph

On the road in the playoffs against a top defense; I have zero confidence in our QB, defense or coaches.

Except our punter.

Our defense is plain bad with a bad coordinator.

Our offense will look great against average to below average defenses, especially at home but against a better than average defense, especially on the road; we saw the result last night.

2 things prevented the Eagles from scoring 35+

1. Vikings punter

2. Eagles unforced penalties on offense

The Eagles also seemed to go into play is safe mode in the 2nd half. They probably saw what we saw. Cousins was shook.
Post #: 482
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2022 8:28:02 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

Only one game but damn.

I like KOC but seriously how are the defense and Cousins going to change? Maybe we have some young guys on the bench that can come in and play better d? If so what are we waiting for? Bring em in!

It isn't that easy; new scheme.

Post #: 483
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2022 8:29:24 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

quote:

Only one game but damn.

It isn't that easy; new scheme.

The new scheme stinks then. They played vanilla shell defense the entire night. Not exactly inspiring any confidence.
Post #: 484
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2022 8:29:26 AM   
geoffrey greitzer

A few things..

Danzler benched 2nd half? Where was he?

Jefferson needs to just work, instead of telling everyone he's the best in the league.

DC is a joke, PP called him out after game about playing closer in coverage.

KOC, we will see what kind of coach, he is. Will he get on Eddie, sorry but he is an Eddie without any changes to defense. Unbelievable.

Punter is MVP at the moment.

Irv Smith is a bust. Its like a car you had as a kid. Hoping u could fix it up and it would be great. Time came, money was never there, and it never quite got there.

I see a bigger role for Raegar. I see a bigger role for other RB's. I saw Theilan being pissed after the game.

This week should be interesting.
Post #: 485
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2022 8:30:30 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

Only one game but damn.

The line will improve; I think Ingram will be like Darrisaw after a few games. There were Eagles at Kirk's feet all game but there is no excuse for red zone ints.

This is the first game I have seen were we tried to attack a team with the TE (Mundt and Irv)....Irv had a big drop, similar to Watson last week. Irv had the 2nd most targets at 8; I don't see him as a bust.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 9/20/2022 8:34:52 AM >

Post #: 486
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2022 8:32:43 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

quote:

Only one game but damn.

The line will improve; I think Ingram will be like Darrisaw after a few games. There were Eagles at Kirk's feet all game but there is no excuse for red zone ints.

Kirk was in panic mode after about the 3rd drive. The big boys in this league know how to play with bodies around them. If he can't do that it's time to sit. I do like a lot of what I saw from Darrisaw and Ingram.
Post #: 487
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2022 8:33:25 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: geoffrey greitzer

A few things..

Danzler benched 2nd half? Where was he?

Jefferson needs to just work, instead of telling everyone he's the best in the league.

DC is a joke, PP called him out after game about playing closer in coverage.

KOC, we will see what kind of coach, he is. Will he get on Eddie, sorry but he is an Eddie without any changes to defense. Unbelievable.

Punter is MVP at the moment.

Irv Smith is a bust. Its like a car you had as a kid. Hoping u could fix it up and it would be great. Time came, money was never there, and it never quite got there.

I see a bigger role for Raegar. I see a bigger role for other RB's. I saw Theilan being pissed after the game.

This week should be interesting.

Good post!
Post #: 488
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2022 8:38:05 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Only one game but damn.

Kirk was in panic mode after about the 3rd drive. The big boys in this league know how to play with bodies around them. If he can't do that it's time to sit. I do like a lot of what I saw from Darrisaw and Ingram.

What I like most about getting your ass kicked early in the season is that they worked on the audibles or a new system and getting to the line w/o a huddle most of the 2nd half against a fairly loud crowd.

Post #: 489
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2022 8:41:34 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Only one game but damn.

What I like most about getting your ass kicked early in the season is that they worked on the audibles or a new system and getting to the line w/o a huddle most of the 2nd half against a fairly loud crowd.

I agree with that. I also have to wonder how long before the players turn on Kirk. Maybe that ship sailed a long time ago. With that performance though my goodness. Defense has plenty of blame too obviously.
Post #: 490
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2022 8:47:15 AM   
Brad H

quote:

Hi Guys

Long time

I was at the game and Cousins was brutally bad. The Eagles are not a powerhouse by any stretch but the moment they put any pressure on Cousins he threw up some TERRIBLE balls.

He had 3 picks, should have had 6.

Hope everyone is well

JC

Agreed. It was amazing how many bad decisions he made. Twice the announcers blamed Irv Smith for not getting separation when Cousins threw it to him and he was covered like a book. On both plays the running back was wide open in the flat and could have run for 20-30 yards. They were just bad decisions and a quarterback not seeing the entire field.

I said it after last weeks game. The Vikings looked like a One Trick Pony in week one. It was Justin Jefferson or nothing. The coach wasn't getting anyone else involved.

It wasn't long ago that Dalvin Cook and Adam Thielen were considered by many to be elite players. Thielen didn't even get a pass thrown his way until late third/early fourth quarter. Dalvin Cook had six carries. We had a total of eight carries from our running backs. That is not a winning recipe.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 9/20/2022 8:52:07 AM >

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 491
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2022 8:51:52 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

Hi Guys

Long time

I was at the game and Cousins was brutally bad. The Eagles are not a powerhouse by any stretch but the moment they put any pressure on Cousins he threw up some TERRIBLE balls.

Hope everyone is well

JC

Agreed. It was amazing how many bad decisions he made. Twice the announcers blamed Irv Smith for not getting separation when Cousins threw it to him and he was covered like a book. On both plays the running back was wide open in the flat and could have run for 20-30 yards. They were just bad decisions and a quarterback not seeing the entire field.

I said it after last weeks game. The Vikings looked like a One Trick Pony in week one. It was Justin Jefferson or nothing. The coach wasn't getting anyone else involved.

It wasn't long ago that Dalvin Cook and Adam Thielen were considered by many to be elite players. Thielen didn't even get a pass thrown his way until late third/early fourth quarter. Dalvin Cook had six carries.

While you're not wrong Cook doesn't look the same. Either he's got a nagging injury or the decline is beginning. Not really worried about running back though. There's tons of larger issues.
Post #: 492
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2022 8:52:52 AM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi Guys

Long time

Hope everyone is well

JC

It wasn't long ago that Dalvin Cook and Adam Thielen were considered by many to be elite players. Thielen didn't even get a pass thrown his way until late third/early fourth quarter. Dalvin Cook had six carries.

While you're not wrong Cook doesn't look the same. Either he's got a nagging injury or the decline is beginning. Not really worried about running back though. There's tons of larger issues.

Perhaps. I can't tell much on six carries where there is no running lanes. Truthfully, he looks a little fat to me.

Post #: 493
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2022 8:55:43 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi Guys

Long time

Hope everyone is well

JC

Perhaps. I can't tell much on six carries where there is no running lanes. Truthfully, he looks a little fat to me.

When the decline comes it comes fast....he did not have the burst thru the line last night. Again nothing better than to get your butt kick; close games sometimes don't have the same affect....lots of work to do this week.

Post #: 494
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2022 8:56:05 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi Guys

Long time

Hope everyone is well

JC

Run blocking wasn't good that's for sure. I didn't focus too much on Bradbury to be honest. I thought he'd be the one to submarine us on offense but last night Kirk took the cake.
Post #: 495
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2022 8:58:53 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

I wonder if Michael Irvin still thinks we're super bowl bound.
Post #: 496
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2022 9:03:12 AM   
Brad H

quote:

Truthfully, I think the Eagles are really good. And I thought the Packers were horrific in week one. It's a long season with many injuries to come on every team. My preseason prediction for the Super Bowl was the Niners and Bengals, with outside shots to Buffalo, Miami, Kansas City, New Orleans, LA Rams........ and Vikings.

Buffalo looks very good through two weeks. If I were to predict today, I'd say Bills and Eagles.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 9/20/2022 9:05:07 AM >

Post #: 497
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2022 9:04:43 AM   
joejitsu

I just had a chance to listen to KOC's post game comments. I don't think he coached the same game we all watched.
Post #: 498
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2022 9:05:25 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

Truthfully, I think the Eagles are really good. And I thought the Packers were horrific in week one. It's a long season with many injuries to come on every team. My preseason prediction for the Super Bowl was the Niners and Bengals, with outside shots to Buffalo, Miami, Kansas City, New Orleans, LA Rams........ and Vikings.

Buffalo looks very good through two weeks.

Buffalo has a real man playing qb. I wonder what that feels like as a fan. They do look very tough so far. Long season like you said.
Post #: 499
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/20/2022 9:06:23 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

I just had a chance to listen to KOC's post game comments. I don't think he coached the same game we all watched.

Honestly, I know we won a big game in week one, but I haven't seem much in two weeks. It seems like Justin Jefferson or nothing. That's not a recipe for success. ZERO running game in two weeks.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 9/20/2022 9:08:07 AM >

Post #: 500
Page:   <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode